pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 79.
#3101 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to receiving my LE which lands in Australia in early December.

I mentioned to my wife that I'll sell Scared Stiff when the new Elvira game arrives, because I don't really need two Elvira games. But she said no. So that settles that one... A pair it is!

#3102 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I was distracted by the guy on the stream walking around with a little notebook taking notes while others played. Probably has barely touched the paint brush yet.
I never get tired of the master doing his work.

Yeah Lyman is awesome
He goes above and beyond

#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

It would be nice (and courteous) if only owners posted in that thread.

Why only owners? Most owners thread are open for all. Just not haters.

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t believe you’ve ever owned or played “almost every game” if you think Goatf*****s “feels” better than any game made in the history of pinball. The airballs, the lane hops, the rattley shots that go stdm, the saucer that kicks stdm, the right ramp that never makes the curve on the Prem, the stupid manga slings that drop the ball down the middle, the flipper gap from hell....no other game feels like that. Monster Bash feels perfect when played. And that ruleset? Can’t hold a candle to anything made from the 90’s-2014.

I own a GB Premium. It's my favorite pin and play several games per week. I experience none of the issues you describe, or rare instances of them (like any pin). I do have an airball protector at the bottom of the ramp. Give her a little nudge when you anticipate sdtm and you're good. The new code lets you set 5 max ball saves. Git gud.

#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I own a GB Premium. It's my favorite pin and play several games per week. I experience none of the issues you describe, or rare instances of them (like any pin). I do have an airball protector at the bottom of the ramp. Give her a little nudge when you anticipate sdtm and you're good. The new code lets you set 5 max ball saves. Git gud.

Ignore Rarehero ‘s Ghostbusters trolling. He has been doing it for nearly 4 years now.

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

I'm looking forward to receiving my LE which lands in Australia in early December.
I mentioned to my wife that I'll sell Scared Stiff when the new Elvira game arrives, because I don't really need two Elvira games. But she said no. So that settles that one... A pair it is!

When it comes to Elvira, you can't help having a "nice pair" Enjoy them!

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

While so much of pinball is subjective and personal opinion, there is one glaring OBJECTIVE FACT.
And that is that Stern sold out almost instantly 450 Elviras

True. To me, the selling out of the LE pins was not surprising even a little bit. Nordman started a thread a few years back about this game to get a feel for the demand for a third Elvira pin. There was (of course)a few clueless guys getting their panties in a wad, bitching about the possibility of a third Elvira pin. But overall the enthusiasm was high (has been for years) and you could tell the demand was going to be there. I never had any doubts about the sales potential or overall viability of this theme. Especially with the original team on board coupled with Lyman on code.

Elvira, (almost without exception) is about as perfect a theme for pinball as you can get. I've admitted that I'm not blown away by this particular game artistically, but theres little doubt this game should be fantastic when the code is finished. I did feel the pin looked a lot better on the stream than it did in those pics that were released. This game is really growing on me and will probably have me looking for a used one next year.

#3108 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ignore rarehero ‘s Ghostbusters trolling. He has been doing it for nearly 4 years now.

Dude says it should be Top 5 and I’M the troll? I didn’t bring it up. Trolling starts with the Top 5 guy’s post.

Gaslighter. I am good. Good play isn’t relevant on a horribly designed game.

#3109 4 years ago

I know I'm in the minority , but after watching the stream I thought it looked really good . ( but what would I know , I like the hobbit ) Code updates don't worry me , it's fun to see what's new and they can change things according to feed back . Once they add all the clips and callouts it should be excellent . Some people don't look up while playing but I look up all the time and would really enjoy seeing those film clips and animations . The one thing I didn't like were the " tubes " they are too bright and too big , I don't think they're necessary at all but if you have to have something , maybe like someone else said show bats or numbers made up of Bones or something more in keeping with the theme . JP looks good but if I had to choose I would go Elvira it's more my type of theme , not that it matters anyway because I can't afford it and I'm not going to mention how expensive pins are over here in Oz because I don't want some people to get their panties in a twist .

#3110 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jack did say that more than once during the stream.

Agreed but based on many comments here, it seems few heard it and are making premature decisions about what level of code will be installed when EHOH releases.

#3111 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t believe you’ve ever owned or played “almost every game” if you think Goatf*****s “feels” better than any game made in the history of pinball. The airballs, the lane hops, the rattley shots that go stdm, the saucer that kicks stdm, the right ramp that never makes the curve on the Prem, the stupid manga slings that drop the ball down the middle, the flipper gap from hell....no other game feels like that. Monster Bash feels perfect when played. And that ruleset? Can’t hold a candle to anything made from the 90’s-2014.

Believe it. I be been doing this since Gorgar came out. Had my first games for my own use at a time when people thought owning a pinball machine was only for those people who are multi millionaires. Monster bash is okay but should not be top 5 in this day. I think gotlieb gladiator is more fun. Gotlieb games were built like no other. Whatever. I know many Williams engineers of the day that feel the same. Ghostbusters will be a high priced/demand game one day. You will see. Simpsons was called average and I doubled my money from huo purchase. To each their own.

#3112 4 years ago

Ghostbusters rules!!!!!

#3113 4 years ago

By the way, I had a hyperball when it came out.... do the math

#3114 4 years ago

What a disaster, more of a disaster than the Munsters topper

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dude says it should be Top 5 and I’M the troll? I didn’t bring it up. Trolling starts with the Top 5 guy’s post.

Gaslighter. I am good. Good play isn’t relevant on a horribly designed game.

It’s so awesome when the ball hits Dracula’s feet and goes right down the middle. So let’s not talk about flawless games

#3116 4 years ago

I’m not a troll I just don’t like Pinball snobs .You guys are probably the same people that think Beatles is a disaster and I’m here to tell you more people play Beatles than any other game when they are side-by-side

#3117 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

...and oh, what a "Pair".

#3118 4 years ago

Is the price of an LE really $10,000 ?

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Give or take yes!

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

It’s so awesome when the ball hits Dracula’s feet and goes right down the middle. So let’s not talk about flawless games

False Equivalency. Hitting a moving target that sometimes sends the ball to a drain is normal.

Not normal:
Loops rattle to a drain.
Drop target airball over flippers to a drain.
Saucer lockout to a drain.
Inlane hops over to outlane for a drain.
Slings to a center drain (magna sling).
Pops exit to a drain 80% of the time.

Quoted from Sebastian88:

Simpsons was called average and I doubled my money from huo purchase.

That literally never happened. The B/W snobs at the time complained about the usual Stern things: low res cabinet & plastic art, the sound quality compared to WPC + WPC95, the loudness & feel of the flippers, and off the shelf toys....but as a game - design & code, it always had massive respect. The snobs loved it (and LOTR) despite their distaste of Stern.

Quoted from Sebastian88:

I’m not a troll I just don’t like Pinball snobs .You guys are probably the same people that think Beatles is a disaster and I’m here to tell you more people play Beatles than any other game when they are side-by-side

Im not a snob. I was hyping & loving Stern games when the B/W snobs hated them. I was singing the praises of Iron Man when the collectors loathed it and marked it as the end off Stern. I’ve owned almost every Stern game, and still have 7. GB by the measure of the standards of design has issues. Even fans will acknowledge it, and they are valid reasons it’ll never be a Top 5 game.

Also Beatles sucks.

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

#3123 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Don't mention the price! or you will have to move.

#3124 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Around there...after you add in taxes depending on where you buy...

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

False Equivalency. Hitting a moving target that sometimes sends the ball to a drain is normal.
Not normal:
Loops rattle to a drain.
Drop target airball over flippers to a drain.
Saucer lockout to a drain.
Inlane hops over to outlane for a drain.
Slings to a center drain (magna sling).
Pops exit to a drain 80% of the time.

That literally never happened. The B/W snobs at the time complained about the usual Stern things: low res cabinet & plastic art, the sound quality compared to WPC + WPC95, the loudness & feel of the flippers, and off the shelf toys....but as a game - design & code, it always had massive respect. The snobs loved it (and LOTR) despite their distaste of Stern.

Im not a snob. I was hyping & loving Stern games when the B/W snobs hated them. I was singing the praises of Iron Man when the collectors loathed it and marked it as the end off Stern. I’ve owned almost every Stern game, and still have 7. GB by the measure of the standards of design has issues. Even fans will acknowledge it, and they are valid reasons it’ll never be a Top 5 game.
Also Beatles sucks.

Beatles and suck should never be in the same sentence. The pin is good. Sorry it’s not super deep or ramp arama for you

#3126 4 years ago

Ghostbusters is better than boring monster trash and many other top ten games. Crazy

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Beatles and suck should never be in the same sentence. The pin is good. Sorry it’s not super deep or ramp arama for you

TNA is one of my favorite games.

Your talent at insults is equal to to your taste in pins.

#3128 4 years ago

Look, allllll pins are good. Some better than others... I ve just seen it for myself. It’s pretty but not that much fun. Pinball is like music. To each there own.

#3129 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

TNA is one of my favorite games.
Your talent at insults is equal to to your taste in pins.

What’s your take on the new Elvira.

#3130 4 years ago

This video mode would help to qualify the pool the party

boobin (resized).jpgboobin (resized).jpg
#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

What’s your take on the new Elvira.

I'd have to play it first, but on principal I don't believe in buying unfinished games, especially at $10k-$15k.

Based on the stream, it needs more Elvira callouts during gameplay...I'm sure those exist and just weren't implemented yet. Lyman always does phenomenal work, so I'm sure that it'll eventually be a very good game. I just wouldn't buy one until it gets to a more complete point.

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd have to play it first, but on principal I don't believe in buying unfinished games, especially at $10k-$15k.
Based on the stream, it needs more Elvira callouts during gameplay...I'm sure those exist and just weren't implemented yet. Lyman always does phenomenal work, so I'm sure that it'll eventually be a very good game. I just wouldn't buy one until it gets to a more complete point.Agree.

#3133 4 years ago

Can you guys send private messages to each other? Your opinions about some pinball games your differ quite a lot, sometimes opinions are presented as facts, and you'll both never ever gonna agree on those titles....
I think it's safe to say that most of us get that by now .

Edit: I must say you're both improving over the last few posts

#3134 4 years ago

I enjoy their banter and dribble. I know I’m having fun reading it. I hope they are having fun writing it. .. ..?

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

I enjoy their banter and dribble. I know I’m having fun reading it. I hope they are having fun writing it. .. ..?

Always having fun!!! So happy!!! All the time!!!!

Also it’s “drivel” not “dribble”.

#3136 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Always having fun!!! So happy!!! All the time!!!!
Also it’s “drivel” not “dribble”.

Could be dribble, depending on how much you've been drinking...sometimes I dribble

#3137 4 years ago

I’m sticking with the trans-Verb dribble. It’s a stretch and improper, but meant in metaphor context. Like a slow dripping of insults. It feels right, but It’s wrong. Like GB.

I can’t use drivel because it has been delightful, rather than useless.
Unlike GB.

#3138 4 years ago

I don’t care. It’s all good

#3139 4 years ago

What is this thread about again?

#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

What is this thread about again?

Ghostbusters

#3141 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ghostbusters

I heard they had a code update.

#3142 4 years ago

And new flipper extensions so it can be played

#3144 4 years ago

Thx! I’m in for a donation and if a deposit backs out.
Win/win either way. PP is a good cause.

#3145 4 years ago
CBFF0546-B82E-4989-B765-9BA2B6DC26AE (resized).pngCBFF0546-B82E-4989-B765-9BA2B6DC26AE (resized).png
#3146 4 years ago

We are working on our Elvira Hologram topper, and will have it ready for Chicago Expo, and on display. Here is a taste:

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image]

for the price they should ship in coffins!!

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image]

I’m excited for this

#3149 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image]

A picture is worth a thousand words . Or in this case about 10,000 dollars

#3150 4 years ago

I don’t know if you heard, but Stern took all our money and locked us in.
The hologram is nice for starwars and GB, it’s in my opinion, a out-of-theme artifact here. I was thinking more of a silicon doll on a couch with a shaker motor inside. Elvira should sell something like that through her website.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
11,855 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.