pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 79.
#2551 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? It almost 10k and its nothing super special about it imo... then throw in all the playfield issues everyone is worried about and im not surprised they are still available. Also 400 is still a lot of pins.

Perhaps only 200 for the States ?

A ton of work has gone into 3lvira one for well over 2 years now.
With a winning combination team.

Dennis Nordman Design
Greg Freres Art
Lyman Sheats Code
Jerry Thompson Sound
Tom Kopera Mechanical engineer

As well as many unsung hero's working behind the scenes with teams ( coders, designers, engineering, graphics artists and so on ) all to make Elvira 3 a monster classic.
Also noticed on spec sheet Tim Kitzrow from EATPM and "The Mistress of the Dark" Cassandra Peterson for voice overs , so cool

HD display and Audio upgrade, man what other hype do you need

My guess is LE's will be well and truly spoken for after tomorrows Twitch stream with JD

#2552 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

??? I missed lead mechanical engineer , sorry

Tom Kopera is the mechanical engineer on this one.

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Perhaps only 200 for the States ?
A ton of work has gone into 3lvira one for well over 2 years now.
With a winning combination team.
Dennis Nordman Design
Greg Freres Art
Lyman Sheats Code
Jerry Thompson Sound
??? I missed lead mechanical engineer , sorry
As well as many unsung hero's working behind the scenes with teams ( coders, designers, engineering, graphics artists and so on ) all to make Elvira 3 a monster classic.
Also noticed on spec sheet Tim Kitzrow from EATPM and "The Mistress of the Dark" Cassandra Peterson for voice overs , so cool
HD display and Audio upgrade, man what other hype do you need
My guess is LE's will be well and truly spoken for after tomorrows Twitch stream with JD

I agree and that's all great/awesome but no reason to get the le for most and the premium will be just fine .

#2554 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I agree and that's all great/awesome but no reason to get the le for most and the premium will be just fine .

Yes, I'm trying to figure this out, although I'm one of the few that prefer the minimization within the type based side art of the premium.

#2555 4 years ago

I know there is a lot of criticism around the hype of these games especially with the play field issues that are being reported here on Pinside. With that said as a home use buyer of these games and having purchased quite a few NIB Stern games since diving into this hobby I have yet to have any of the issues I have read about on these threads. The only adjustment to these NIB games that I make are factory add on’s like mirror blades or a simple lighting mod that is supported by the game. I’m really looking forward to getting the LE in the house, my first machine was Elvira and Party Monsters so I’m definitely a fan of the theme. I think this game will do really well and I can’t wait to get it here!

#2556 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I know there is a lot of criticism around the hype of these games especially with the play field issues that are being reported here on Pinside. With that said as a home use buyer of these games and having purchased quite a few NIB Stern games since diving into this hobby I have yet to have any of the issues I have read about on these threads. The only adjustment to these NIB games that I make are factory add on’s like mirror blades or a simple lighting mod that is supported by the game. I’m really looking forward to getting the LE in the house, my first machine was Elvira and Party Monsters so I’m definitely a fan of the theme. I think this game will do really well and I can’t wait to get it here!

Happy for your excitement.

Since you have been one of the few lucky ones that has bought multiple NIB games and had zero issues, would you be willing to post up a bunch of pictures of your playfields and also your lifetime play counts?

I am curious if we can identify that your pf are made by a different manufacturer? also if you have limited plays so it is possible things are not appearing yet but may in the future.

I would guess it is a chance of both.

I would also guess that some home owners with high end LE stuff are not actually examining their games for these issues fully.
(not saying you are not, but IME some collectors rarely play game and even more rarely take off the glass to work on/get in close to see these issues)

#2557 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Tom Kopera is the mechanical engineer on this one.

Thank you

#2558 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Happy for your excitement.
Since you have been one of the few lucky ones that has bought multiple NIB games and had zero issues, would you be willing to post up a bunch of pictures of your playfields and also your lifetime play counts?
I am curious if we can identify that your pf are made by a different manufacturer? also if you have limited plays so it is possible things are not appearing yet but may in the future.
I would guess it is a chance of both.
I would also guess that some home owners with high end LE stuff are not actually examining their games for these issues fully.
(not saying you are not, but IME some collectors rarely play game and even more rarely take off the glass to work on/get in close to see these issues)

I have all the games that I have owned listed on my profile both current and prior collections. I typically carry 4-5 games at a time since that's all I really have room for. Other than the group get together's at the house I am the only player of the games, kids bang on it occasionally as well. I typically average 1500-2500 plays on a game before switching it out. I still have my Monster Bash LE (Sort of Stern) that I have put a little over 2000 plays on if pictures of that will help. My next two Sterns that I will have in the coming weeks will be JP Prem and Elvira LE.

#2559 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah OK, I’m the only one on Pinside disappointed there aren’t more drop targets in Stern releases. Stop the presses.

LOL you did not say you were disappointed you said they stopped using them on most games. As for drops JJP had one drop in there first 4 games the sky is falling

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I have all the games that I have owned listed on my profile both current and prior collections. I typically carry 4-5 games at a time since that's all I really have room for. Other than the group get together's at the house I am the only player of the games, kids bang on it occasionally as well. I typically average 1500-2500 plays on a game before switching it out. I still have my Monster Bash LE (Sort of Stern) that I have put a little over 2000 plays on if pictures of that will help. My next two Sterns that I will have in the coming weeks will be JP Prem and Elvira LE.

of your current and previous games list, GB is the only one that had any issues and thise were very different (ghosting inserts)

Your MBle is actually made by CGC and Stern has nothing to do with it. CGC current pf seems very good, which makes sense since they have been doing it longer than anyone.

Keep and eye on your JP and EV3, as those will be the most suspect.

IME, Maiden and onwards are when things became much worse and it has gotten worse with each successive title.

#2561 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

of your current and previous games list, GB is the only one that had any issues and thise were very different (ghosting inserts)
Your MBle is actually made by CGC and Stern has nothing to do with it. CGC current pf seems very good, which makes sense since they have been doing it longer than anyone.
Keep and eye on your JP and EV3, as those will be the most suspect.
IME, Maiden and onwards are when things became much worse and it has gotten worse with each successive title.

GB was probably the one I put the most plays on out of everything I have owned. Didn't experience any ghosting or play field issues with that one. I'm expecting the JP and EV3 in the coming weeks so I will post something as I work my way through them, not too concerned about it though.

#2562 4 years ago

I was hoping Cointaker would have a EHOH at the York PA pinball show in a few weeks. I checked with Melissa and she said it’s very unlikely. She said they aren’t supposed to start making them until mid November.
I guess that’s ok because the verdict will be out if all the play-field issues have been resolved by the Allentown show in the spring.

#2563 4 years ago

I thought these were shipping immediately. Is that just a rumor?

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I thought these were shipping immediately. Is that just a rumor?

Some LEs should be out before Expo. Premiums in November.

#2565 4 years ago

So I wont have my premium by Halloween?!

#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

So I wont have my premium by Halloween?!

Poor timing in my opinion !
Buyers will get them just in time for thanksgiving !

#2567 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL you did not say you were disappointed you said they stopped using them on most games. As for drops JJP had one drop in there first 4 games the sky is falling

And you don’t get from that I would prefer more?

#2568 4 years ago

Before Thanksgiving is good. We host our extended family and the arcade gets quite the workout.

#2569 4 years ago

My distributor said that they are shipping in ‘a couple weeks’. That the LEs are first on the line. Ymmv

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Doesn't JJPs 2nd game "The Hobbit" have like 3000 drop targets?

#2571 4 years ago

Just picked up my Jurassic Park LE yesterday morning and my distributor told me Elvira LE would be ready for pick up next week! Cant wait!

#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Just picked up my Jurassic Park LE yesterday morning and my distributor told me Elvira LE would be ready for pick up next week! Cant wait!

Wow! That's quick. When you owners start getting your LE's, post some pics please...

#2573 4 years ago

Will do.

Quoted from Bohdi:

Wow! That's quick. When you owners start getting your LE's, post some pics please...

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Picked up my Jurassic Park LE yesterday morning and my distributor told me Elvira LE would be ready for pick up next week!

Congratulations. I just looked at your games list. You must be his best customer.

#2575 4 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Doesn't JJPs 2nd game "The Hobbit" have like 3000 drop targets?

My bad I was taking it off the IPD and just missed it TH has 8 drops

#2576 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Congratulations. I just looked at your games list. You must be his best customer.

Yeah no shit! Nice collection indeed

#2577 4 years ago

Haha thanks guys! Here's a couple pictures I took recently.

Quoted from Bohdi:

Yeah no shit! Nice collection indeed

20190531_082745 (resized).jpg20190531_082745 (resized).jpg20190919_074124 (resized).jpg20190919_074124 (resized).jpg20190919_074301 (resized).jpg20190919_074301 (resized).jpg20190919_115205 (resized).jpg20190919_115205 (resized).jpg20190924_101500 (resized).jpg20190924_101500 (resized).jpg20190907_080041 (resized).jpg20190907_080041 (resized).jpg20190924_101529 (resized).jpg20190924_101529 (resized).jpg20190924_101614 (resized).jpg20190924_101614 (resized).jpg
#2578 4 years ago

Cdonnerusmc - sweet lineup!!

#2579 4 years ago

Wow, that is amazing. Do you run an arcade or do you have a basement big enough for 40 pins lol

#2580 4 years ago

Well I see the glass doors so it’s an arcade? Beautiful

#2581 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well I see the glass doors so it’s an arcade? Beautiful

I think it's this arcade https://gameover-arcade.com/

#2582 4 years ago

Technically it's both. haha I live directly upstairs. I bought the building back in 2012 after getting out of the Military early due to injuries. Took me a year to open it as it was just myself and family/friends working on it. It's taken a long time to get this collection. The reason for buying the building was there was an apartment above, we have been able to put a lot of money directly back into the business this way.

Quoted from GamerRick:

Wow, that is amazing. Do you run an arcade or do you have a basement big enough for 40 pins lol

#2583 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Technically it's both. haha I live directly upstairs. I bought the building back in 2012 after getting out of the Military early due to injuries. Took me a year to open it as it was just myself and family/friends working on it. It's taken a long time to get this collection. The reason for buying the building was there was an apartment above, we have been able to put a lot of money directly back into the business this way.

Talk about living the dream. Hope your business does well for you. But, man... To live above the arcade that you own. That was like my childhood dream... Maybe even my dream today. I'd love to open a small barcade of my own one day. But, even a small collection of pins and games will take a long time to amass, because none of my games right now from my personal collection I'd put on location.
I'm a greedy SOB that way.

If you weren't on the other side of the country I'd try to stop by and support your arcade. It looks really nice. Not a lot of places have that many new sterns on location and that alone is worth checking out.

#2584 4 years ago

Thank you sir! I started collecting while I was still in the military back in 2005. It took me many years and many deployments overseas to accumulate the games. I always knew I wanted to open a place, I just stayed focused and kept working towards my goal. Thank you again!

Quoted from Diospinball:

Talk about living the dream. Hope your business does well for you. But, man... To live above the arcade that you own. That was like my childhood dream... Maybe even my dream today. I'd love to open a small barcade of my own one day. But, even a small collection of pins and games will take a long time to amass, because none of my games right now from my personal collection I'd put on location.
I'm a greedy SOB that way.
If you weren't on the other side of the country I'd try to stop by and support your arcade. It looks really nice. Not a lot of places have that many new sterns on location and that alone is worth checking out.

#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Thank you sir! I started collecting while I was still in the military back in 2005. It took me many years and many deployments overseas to accumulate the games. I always knew I wanted to open a place, I just stayed focused and kept working towards my goal. Thank you again!

That arcade is insane!

#2586 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Real-life Flynn, nice job!

#2587 4 years ago

Elvira’s House of Horrors Deep Dive! In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules, and More!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more-2/

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 4.29.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-24 at 4.29.18 PM (resized).png
#2588 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Thanks for you service on the military. Sorry about the injuries. I’ve never been in your neck of the woods but if I ever do will definitely check out that arcade!!

#2589 4 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Damn, I need to get myself down to Lincoln City! It's been a few years since I've been down there. Extra incentive now...

#2590 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Elvira’s House of Horrors Deep Dive! In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules, and More!
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more-2/[quoted image]

awesome overview

#2591 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks for you service on the military. Sorry about the injuries. I’ve never been in your neck of the woods but if I ever do will definitely check out that arcade!!

I'll 2nd that 100 percent!

#2592 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

awesome overview

Agreed.

12 different Deadheads? That sounds like fun!

Sounds like the Crypt Kicker to the left targets is going to be a player controlled shot similar to the cannon on ACDC/T2.

#2593 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

... is going to be a player controlled shot similar to the cannon on ACDC/T2.

I'd say more NGG or WCS

#2594 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd say more NGG or WCS

...and we've all been clamoring for the return of this exciting feature

#2595 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

...and we've all been clamoring for the return of this exciting feature

NGG was a particularly boring version of it. WCS was lame and repetitive; and still better

#2596 4 years ago

The arcade looks amazing!!!!

#2597 4 years ago

Amazing arcade @Cdonnerusmc. Something for all of us to strive towards

More importantly, thank you for your service.

#2598 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more-2/[quoted image]

Lots of good rules it sounds like a lot to do and hopefully will be somewhat complete on release. I am quite leaning towards this title, was initially interested in JP but can not decide if I wanted the pro/premium and also debating DP (would be premium) so while this pin doesn't have a pro version it looks quite favorable with the other premium pins I am considering (Maiden, DP, JP)

#2599 4 years ago

Automated just raised the price to $9,995.00 and “only have a few left.”

#2600 4 years ago

This pin does look really cool. Let’s hope the JP LEs coming off the line have been fixed and if so then this machine should be OK. That specific question needs to be asked at Expo for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

11,855 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/52?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.