pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 79.
#2501 4 years ago

Has Jack Danger announced a Deadflip stream date?

#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Wednesday I think

#2503 4 years ago

7pm on 25th Sep

#2504 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Not for me. They kill ball momentum and slow things down. No drops on Nordman's Scared Stiff or White Water. Guess what? Both are great games. I never hear them criticized because they have no drops. For other reasons maybe but not lack of drops...

There's some momentum loss, but its negligible. To each their own, but I'm really surprised that this could even be a debate.

Spinners are another "momentum killer", but I've never come across a game that's not more fun when it has them. I imagine someone will disagree with that point too. Somehow less features will equate to being more fun. Stern, are you listening??

#2505 4 years ago

Yes September 25 is Deadflip’s reveal. Since he dressed up as Herman in the Munsters release I wonder if he is doing anything for Elvira.

#2506 4 years ago

The more I’ve seen of this pin, although still not too much LOL, the more I love it. I wasn’t too sure when it was only rumors but after seeing the playfield layout and toys and shot layout I think it’s the coolest Stern released in years. Of course that’s just MHO.

#2507 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not sure that I see the value of the up kicker shooting across the PF and the trunk lock is OK but I could see having a pro without this and I wouldn't miss it. meh.

#2508 4 years ago

I’m with you. Get rid of the VUK and the roof spinning mech and the side art and I would think you are close to Pro pricing.

I would have loved to be in on this one but the new pricing is just to much to spend. I would rather spend this money on 3 sys11 machines or dropping some new play fields into my machines.

It’s a real bummer though being the owner of the other 2 models since I love the theme so much but I have to pass.

#2509 4 years ago

Disabling the VUK kicker in settings?

My instinct is to preserve the playfield and disable that high-flying Crypt eject above the right standups.

However, if it were disabled in the settings, how would the ball be returned to the playfield?

#2510 4 years ago

Disabling the VUK kicker in settings?
My instinct is to preserve the playfield and disable that high-flying Crypt eject above the right standups.
However, if it were disabled in the settings, how would the ball be returned to the playfield?

Could a carefully placed piece of mylar where the ball lands be helpful? I had a DILE last year, and the ball dropped onto the playfield from the "Station 3" ramp. I placed a small circle of mylar where the ball landed and felt better about it. It may not be 100% prevention, but might slow any wear there.

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Stern has dropped drop target

If you had said this before AC/DC you would have a point but hell even SW pin has drops your just bitching now

#2512 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

However, a truly smart business always knows what its’ customers want and delivers it to them

They did they ran a SE edition of 50 games

#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I think they are using glow in the dark paint with a blacklight

I think that way to expensive and they use a cutout in the ramp where the insert beneath shines trough...
...maybe the lift ramp is clear plastic and a bottom sticker has that cutout. (That would definatly hold longer.)

#2514 4 years ago

"Power makes Gappa angry."

"More Freak-frying power will unleash Gappa."

"Battle Gappa!"

Okay, I will bite: who/what is "Gappa"? Is he a monster from one of Elvira's schlocky movies? Is he pictured on the playfield?

#2515 4 years ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gappa:_The_Triphibian_Monster

Baby Gappa is on translite above the crypt and adult Gappa is also on the translite attacking the top of Elviras mansion. I think I also saw Gappa on one one of the filmstips on one of the ramps.

#2516 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I’m curious about the lift ramp going into the house. In the video, you can see an image of a creature, but later all you see is some creature’s eyes. Wondering if that is some type of lighting effect that shows up when lit from below/above or something?

I re-watched the video. The skull face shows up on the lift ramp when lit from below by THE CELLAR insert. You can see this during the video when that light is flashing while the lift ramp is moving and the skull face flickers on and off with that light.

#2517 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gappa:_The_Triphibian_Monster
Baby Gappa is on translite above the crypt and adult Gappa is also on the translite attacking the top of Elviras mansion. I think I also saw Gappa on one one of the filmstips on one of the ramps.

Thank you, Doc!

Most helpful!

#2518 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I re-watched the video. The skull face shows up on the lift ramp when lit from below by THE CELLAR insert. You can see this during the video when that light is flashing while the lift ramp is moving and the skull face flickers on and off with that light.

Good catch. Been wondering how they pulled that off.

Makes sense too. A similar effect was used on the Dead Heads on the backboard of EATPM.

#2519 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yes September 25 is Deadflip’s reveal. Since he dressed up as Herman in the Munsters release I wonder if he is doing anything for Elvira.

An image I don’t need to see.

#2520 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I think they are using glow in the dark paint with a blacklight

They’re using projection bit mapping. Surprised it has taken this long for any company to use this technique in pinball. Good look, as software handles the whole process. Haven’t had a chance yet to see where it’s located, but probably under an eave of the house above the stairs, pointed down to project the image when desired.

#2521 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

After I saw people pay $25,000.00 for a reused Spider-Man playfield just because it said Supreme with no artwork at all and nothing to look at I bet they could sell anything for any price to some fools.

They're not fools, they're "collectors"

#2522 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

They’re using projection bit mapping. Surprised it has taken this long for any company to use this technique in pinball. Good look, as software handles the whole process. Haven’t had a chance yet to see where it’s located, but probably under an eave of the house above the stairs, pointed down to project the image when desired.

No.

Look 4 posts up from yours for the answer.

#2523 4 years ago

I was inspired and did this over the weekend as Elvira loves her coffin shaped products - a Elvira Coffin Plunger housing.

It has the regular rectangular shape behind the coffin shape and then 1.5mm gap and then the larger coffin shape so the coffin shape never touches the cabinet art but hides the black box around the regular shooter housing. It also has a recess in the back to add backlighting to add a glow behind your shooter housing and the cabinet.

Still a work in progress but the front could also have a decal added - lining of a coffin ??? and the housing could be available in black, grey, red and purple.

would this be of interest?
Coffin Plunger Housing (resized).jpgCoffin Plunger Housing (resized).jpg

#2524 4 years ago

Looks cool

#2525 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Are you sure that's what they are doing? Seems expensive for something that's not even listed on the features matrix.

I assumed it was 1 of 3 techniques:

UV reactive paint and a UV led lights it up.

Or possibly the ramp has some cutouts in it (but the decal on top doesnt) and a light under the ramp would shine through the cutouts and backlight the decal. Similar to old backglass where words like "Tilt" wouldn't be visible until bulb behind it came on.

Or there us a light with a colored mask in front if it with the image. Kinda like those cheap kids projection night lights.

#2526 4 years ago

Yes. Looks great!!!!

#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I was inspired and did this over the weekend as Elvira loves her coffin shaped products - a Elvira Coffin Plunger housing.
It has the regular rectangular shape behind the coffin shape and then 1.5mm gap and then the larger coffin shape so the coffin shape never touches the cabinet art but hides the black box around the regular shooter housing. It also has a recess in the back to add backlighting to add a glow behind your shooter housing and the cabinet.
Still a work in progress but the front could also have a decal added - lining of a coffin ??? and the housing could be available in black, grey, red and purple.
[quoted image]

Very clever.

#2528 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

They’re using projection bit mapping.

Quoted from docquest:

Are you sure that's what they are doing?

Again, NO. littlecammi spotted it.

See here (link starts at 2:12 where the effect is obvious) -

#2529 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

[quoted image]

As always, creative and cool, if I ever get an Elvira this would be a must!

#2530 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I think you are right.

#2531 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Again, NO. littlecammi spotted it.
See here (link starts at 2:12 where the effect is obvious) -

I hope the majority of the music in the trailer is in the game a lot of those tunes sound great!

#2532 4 years ago

..."Jump and Jive? Works for me.

#2533 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I hope the majority of the music in the trailer is in the game a lot of those tunes sound great!

I was thinking the same thing . A great soundtrack makes a huge difference to the atmosphere of a game and makes it so much more enjoyable for the long run .

#2534 4 years ago

I couldn't agree more...pretty much the reason I/we upgrade our sound systems.

#2535 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I couldn't agree more...pretty much the reason I/we upgrade our sound systems.

The Hobbit has a great sound system but adding a subwoofer puts it over the top , unfortunately it's not the right theme to have a rocking soundtrack as hopefully Elvira will have .

#2536 4 years ago

I think the game looks pretty cool

#2537 4 years ago

So we all know this game exists now. Who do we bug at Pinside to get it added as a real game(s) into the database? It would make searching for available machines, parts and mods much easier if an entry or two was made in the official machine database.

#2538 4 years ago

Got my LE locked in

#2539 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Stern will save a penny anyway they can. Including plastic ramps on a $15,000 game!

It does not matter what Stern does people will bitch. SW Pin had drops and metal ramps yet people did not say hay look drops

#2540 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Got my LE locked in

I’m surprised you were able to find one at this stage. I had to call around on Friday to find one. My normal distributor was sold out 15 min after the reveal.

#2541 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I’m surprised you were able to find one at this stage. I had to call around on Friday to find one. My normal distributor was sold out 15 min after the reveal.

I had a few pinsider's that hit me up real quick and I took over one of their spots over at Game Exchange. In my search I did find a distro in CT that has 3 available now that I spoke to over the weekend, its Automated Services/Pinballs.com.

#2542 4 years ago

;

#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Jerry is doing it, I know it will be great. He has done absolutely fantastic work at Stern!

Rob

#2544 4 years ago

When does this game get posted to Pinsides machines list? I’m curious to see all the official details of this build

#2545 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

When does this game get posted to Pinsides machines list? I’m curious to see all the official details of this build

Get real man. You just want to troll rate it poorly like you’ve done with every other Stern.

#2546 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Get real man. You just want to troll rate it poorly like you’ve done with every other Stern.

I just looked at his ratings. What in the actual fuck?!

#2547 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

If you had said this before AC/DC you would have a point but hell even SW pin has drops your just bitching now

Yeah OK, I’m the only one on Pinside disappointed there aren’t more drop targets in Stern releases. Stop the presses.

#2548 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Automated Services AKA Pinballs.com, the largest dealer of pinball machines in the world, still has some LEs available even now.

#2549 4 years ago

I just took one of them. They have 2 left. There is also one on eBay from another dealer.

#2550 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Automated Services AKA Pinballs.com, the largest dealer of pinball machines in the world, still has some LEs available even now.

Really? It almost 10k and its nothing super special about it imo... then throw in all the playfield issues everyone is worried about and im not surprised they are still available. Also 400 is still a lot of pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,855 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/51?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.