2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,853 posts
  • 569 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by pinballaddicted
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 380 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F7402BA3-0B72-4E18-A26E-FFC3610B33C8 (resized).jpeg
6235F3C4-0814-49A4-9EC6-8F888DE2F098 (resized).jpeg
7E96A5E8-2A53-4AD3-841B-B29F49AE87C5 (resized).jpeg
F1B44BF1-EB94-47EE-8930-39578667E003 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1572734376095 (resized).jpg
IMG20191103004612 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191103_005037 (resized).jpg
Macabre Mobile Set (resized).png
710x528_24101659_13127113_1569192335 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3853 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 78.
#201 2 years ago

I've been wanting to make my two-piece Elvira pinball collection a trilogy for quite some time now. This actually looks like it may come to fruition.... Very happy, if true! Fifth in line!

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Hey it was the 80s! Lawnmowers hadn't been invented yet

More like the 70s. Way before Bush said read my lips.

#203 2 years ago

IMG_20161005_174614 (resized).jpg

#204 2 years ago

What about Count Floyd and his "Monster Chiller Horror Theater "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Floyd

Great SCTV gag on these B-Movie horror shows.

#205 2 years ago

Man, the signs are everywhere!
Nordman and Freres 2017 FTW!

IMG_4638 (resized).JPG

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You know, the himbo who played Flash Gordon is gonna be at tpf also - doesn't mean a new Flash Gordon game is coming out.
Elvira makes personal appearances all the time everywhere. It's her job. Doesn't mean a new Elvira game is coming out.

This is true of course.

That said, I hear a new Elvira game is coming out.

#207 2 years ago

Elvira is a (now) classic pinball theme so why not. Schlocky horror type stuff never goes out of date.

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

What about Count Floyd and his "Monster Chiller Horror Theater "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Floyd
Great SCTV gag on these B-Movie horror shows.

Or svengouli? (Sp?)

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Or svengouli? (Sp?)

Svenghouli still going strong man...i'll give him that. Detroit local "Count Scary" I don;t think lasted very long.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You know, the himbo who played Flash Gordon is gonna be at tpf also - doesn't mean a new Flash Gordon game is coming out.
Elvira makes personal appearances all the time everywhere. It's her job. Doesn't mean a new Elvira game is coming out.

Sam Jones!

Come on James Fanco!

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When you hit the wizard mode twice in one game, and you're just an average player to begin with ... you get tired of it. Just the reality of that game.

You got to Spider Multi-ball twice in one game?!

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Svenghouli still going strong man.

Well, that doesn't mean much in today's pinball scene.

As much respect as I have for the Sven and enjoy his show, and appreciate that he's way funnier than Elvira ever was, he's going to be an old man or dead and long off the air before ever being considered as new pinball material.

It's just the way it is.

1 week later
#213 2 years ago

I would like to see a third Elvira machine. I really like the other two!

#214 2 years ago

Anyone getting any insider info on this? I have verified that it will not be JJP making it.

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Anyone getting any insider info on this? I have verified that it will not be JJP making it.

#216 2 years ago

Picking up EATPM this week and have a SS already so I'm in if this happens !

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Picking up EATPM this week and have a SS already so I'm in if this happens !

#218 2 years ago

Maybe 53 more days until an announcement at TPF on March 25th? Fingers crossed!

#219 2 years ago

Elvira's "House of Horror"?

Capture (resized).PNG

#220 2 years ago

mnpinball is usually pretty spot on with his predictions/information.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

mnpinball is usually pretty spot on with his predictions/information.

So what does his "Munsters" avatar hint towards?

#222 2 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

So what does his "Munsters" avatar hint towards?

Maybe that he likes the show?

#223 2 years ago

All I'm saying is that with that post, and the fact that he posted in this thread "it's real", I feel confident that there will be a new Elivra pin and the title will be Elvira's HoH. Whatever that stands for.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You got to Spider Multi-ball twice in one game?!

He's referring to the Stiff-o-meter.

I completely agree with him, though. That's why I'm selling mine. After four years of ownership, the same callouts and jokes don't do it for me anymore. Gameplay is dull other than the Stiff-O-meter (which I personally love). Artwork is fantastic.

I'm just ready to try something new. Maybe Elvira #3??

#225 2 years ago

If the game is full featured, campy horror I'm in.

-c

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I completely agree with him, though. That's why I'm selling mine. After four years of ownership, the same callouts and jokes don't do it for me anymore. Gameplay is dull other than the Stiff-O-meter (which I personally love). Artwork is fantastic.
I'm just ready to try something new. Maybe Elvira #3??

Did you EVER get to Spider multi-ball? Do you even know what is it?

#227 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

All I'm saying is that with that post, and the fact that he posted in this thread "it's real", I feel confident that there will be a new Elivra pin and the title will be Elvira's HoH. Whatever that stands for.

I'll second that. mnpinball has been spot on, on everything I've seen him predict. We can look forward to an Elvira 3 HoH.

#228 2 years ago

HOH

Head Over Heals
Hard Of Hearing
Hotel Of Horrors

Could mean a lot of things.

#229 2 years ago

Hills of Horror?

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Did you EVER get to Spider multi-ball? Do you even know what is it?

Yeah, I know what it is, but I have never reached it.

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

That's why I'm selling mine.

How much for that horrible game you want to get rid of?

#232 2 years ago

From what I've observed in this thread, it appears that Elvira 3 HoH will be designed by Whiz-Bang and manufactured by Stern. If this info. is accurate, is it likely that the cabinet & electronics used will be similar to what's used in Batman '66 & Aerosmith - to include an LCD? (or would they have to use another system, etc. as it's not a 'true' Stern design?)

#233 2 years ago

House of Horror.
Taxman, you were close.
Goes back to TV show and some of her advertising.

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

From what I've observed in this thread, it appears that Elvira 3 HoH will be ... manufactured by Stern...

... so we may not worry about ghosting, we'll surely find'em... alot!!!

#235 2 years ago

My TAF is holding a spot for Elvira 3 for now.......

IMG_6942 (resized).JPG

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How much for that horrible game you want to get rid of?

You really need a second Scared Stiff, Ted?

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

You really need a second Scared Stiff, Ted?

I believe he sold his a while back and wants another..

#239 2 years ago

Sorry, Ted. I'm not shipping (for now). If you want to stop by on your way to Yellowstone, you're welcome to check it it, though!

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

He said he got to the "wizard mode" twice in one game. The Stiff-o-Meter is not the wizard mode. Spider Multi-ball is.

#242 2 years ago

Always love that picture of all the horror characters, I would like another Elvira pin,,why not, it would be kind of like an origin THEME or probably the best we could get for an original title fro Stern

#243 2 years ago

So the panel at Texas Pinball Festival is going to be moderated by Charlie from Spooky Pinball.

So it could be a Spooky title? Would they announce a Stern pinball??
Greg still works for Stern (I think). Another surprise artist maybe? Could be no pin at all.
I'm confused.

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He said he got to the "wizard mode" twice in one game. The Stiff-o-Meter is not the wizard mode. Spider Multi-ball is.

The gameplay and goals of Scared Stiff all lead up and through the Stiff-o-Meter, including the awesome show for finishing it. After completing it, the game goals and progress essentially reset as if you completed the game, just like most wizard modes do. Completing the Stiff-o-Meter is the wizard mode of the game by definition.

Spider multiball does not follow the rules and progress of the game. Getting there is almost like completing a video mode 15 times. It's certainly difficult - way more difficult than the Stiff-o-Meter, but it doesn't really follow the main rules, or progress, of the game.

#245 2 years ago

Compare SS to LOTR. Destroying the Ring is the main goal. It is the center insert the pulses in the middle of the playfield. Yet the Wizard Mode is getting to Valinor. The wizard mode is not listed as an insert because only wizards would even know they exist. They are not for the casual player.

Also, after the Stiff-O-Meter completes the entire game does not reset to the beginning. The Progression to Spider MB is still there waiting to be completed.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

The gameplay and goals of Scared Stiff all lead up and through the Stiff-o-Meter, including the awesome show for finishing it. After completing it, the game goals and progress essentially reset as if you completed the game, just like most wizard modes do. Completing the Stiff-o-Meter is the wizard mode of the game by definition.
Spider multiball does not follow the rules and progress of the game. Getting there is almost like doing a completing a video mode 15 times. It's certainly difficult - way more difficult than the Stiff-o-Meter, but it doesn't really follow the main rules, or progress, of the game.

I can't argue with your point as everything you said is true, but like you said, starting Spider MB is way more difficult and leads to a MB mode that is worth a lot of points.

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

They just might...gotta get rid of those parts somehow

That's why they put rollovers in TWD

#248 2 years ago

This would be awesome, even as a Granny shes still hot to me! Did anybody see her on Comic Book Men totally still has it lol!

#249 2 years ago

Nobody seems to have posted yesterday's post by Spooky on Facebook -

Are you an Elvira, Mistress of the Dark fan? Do you love Elvira and the Party Monsters and Scared Stiff? Appearing together for the first time and only at #TPF2017, Cassandra "Elvira" Peterson, famed pinball designer Dennis Nordman, and famed pinball artist Greg Freres will be talking about their work together in a not to be missed panel on Saturday, March 25th at 2pm. Moderated by Charlie Emery of Spooky Pinball! Seating is limited! Complete details at http://www.texaspinball.com/

ElviraSpooky (resized).jpg

#250 2 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Nobody seems to have posted yesterday's post by Spooky on Facebook -
Are you an Elvira, Mistress of the Dark fan? Do you love Elvira and the Party Monsters and Scared Stiff? Appearing together for the first time and only at #TPF2017, Cassandra "Elvira" Peterson, famed pinball designer Dennis Nordman, and famed pinball artist Greg Freres will be talking about their work together in a not to be missed panel on Saturday, March 25th at 2pm. Moderated by Charlie Emery of Spooky Pinball! Seating is limited! Complete details at http://www.texaspinball.com/

That just made me STIFF!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 3853 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 78.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside