pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 79.
#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

From what I have heard, some have gone over 17k.

fomo2 (resized).pngfomo2 (resized).png
#2402 4 years ago

Just keep in mind that some of these people claiming le and sle are selling for even more... are the same people that told you Beatles was sold out everywhere...

#2403 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just keep in mind that some of these people claiming le and sle are selling for even more... are the same people that told you Beatles was sold out everywhere...

#2404 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No way, Zach has more than 3 SLE Elvira pins..

Zach had only had an SLE left when I called the afternoon of the announcement, he was out of LEs within the first hour ... sorry if there was confusion there. If he's gotten more I haven't heard yet.

#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Game looks great. I'm in on SLE.
However, is anyone else concerned about the Crypt Kicker (VUK) current height? (check it out on the video at 2:45)
Given the distance it might damage the pf over time.....I have some possible mod fixes/enhancement ideas to make this really sweet!

I'll be checking to make sure there is mylar in front of the targets.

#2406 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I'll be checking to make sure there is mylar in front of the targets.

Ball hits the pf well before reaching targets. You'll need a mylar patch in the middle of the pf.

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

#2408 4 years ago

they should have charged 20k. suckers like to get screwed in this hobby. hey stern please make the next stern sle 20k there is an ass for every seat.

#2409 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Is it any higher than acdc cannon or sttng cannons? Granted those move and impact different points, but from a height standpoint and the fact the balls trajectory is horizontal and will skip off the surface, I'm hoping it wont be an issue.

Early AC/DCs has CCC playfields. Count the layers

20190921_120819 (resized).jpg20190921_120819 (resized).jpg
#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I had the same thought but pinball playfields get dimples period. Those type of toys just make them happen more quickly. Eventually it all gets kind of uniform right? I’m thinking the JP T-Rex is worse for sure.

B/W games with moderate dimpling even out. Not modern mushy soft crater playfields. Those will look like ass forever. Good luck, $10k-$15k buyers!

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from Edelan:

Zach had only had an SLE left when I called the afternoon of the announcement, he was out of LEs within the first hour ... sorry if there was confusion there. If he's gotten more I haven't heard yet.

Yah.. Ok.. Thank you...

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Early AC/DCs has CCC playfields. Count the layers [quoted image]

It's layers, man....layers

Jokimg aside, dont know that layers contribute to surface hardness...more likely to overall playfield rigidity. The proper clear provides the best protection.

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

It's layers, man....layers
Jokimg aside, dont know that layers contribute to surface hardness...more likely to overall playfield rigidity. The proper clear provides the best protection.

It's just the PLY count. 7ply, 9 ply, etc... and if you get a soft piece of wood no clear will prevent deep dimpling and cratering.

That said it should indeed resist blistering, peeling, chipping, yadda yadda. All these recent maladies.

We'll just have to see how the latest batch turns out. My TWD has some soft wood that now looks more like "lumpy clay" in spots and that will never even out. But the game's so damn good - who cares?

#2414 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Early AC/DCs has CCC playfields. Count the layers [quoted image]

Am I reading those numbers in the photo correctly? How can that be “(1099 of 1070)”?

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

My TWD has some soft wood that now looks more like "lumpy clay" in spots and that will never even out. But the game's so damn good - who cares?

I’ve seen TWD’s with lumpy clay playfields, but also ones with mirror perfect ones. If I loved a game, I’d care & want the one that doesn’t look defective.

#2416 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's just the PLY count. 7ply, 9 ply, etc... and if you get a soft piece of wood no clear will prevent deep dimpling and cratering.
That said it should indeed resist blistering, peeling, chipping, yadda yadda. All these recent maladies.
We'll just have to see how the latest batch turns out. My TWD has some soft wood that now looks more like "lumpy clay" in spots and that will never even out. But the game's so damn good - who cares?.

You’ll care if you decide to keep it for several years, if not future owners will. Crappy play fields aren’t good for this hobby, or anyone for that matter.

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Am I reading those numbers in the photo correctly? How can that be “(1099 of 1070)”?

Its a Premium

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Ball hits the pf well before reaching targets. You'll need a mylar patch in the middle of the pf.

If it doesnt sink into the PF first.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

they should have charged 20k. suckers like to get screwed in this hobby. hey stern please make the next stern sle 20k there is an ass for every seat.

I would totally push the boundaries, see how high the market is, for "Dream themes".

#2420 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve seen TWD’s with lumpy clay playfields, but also ones with mirror perfect ones. If I loved a game, I’d care & want the one that doesn’t look defective.

I meant if it was any other title it would probably be outta here. If I ever see a used one with a considerably better PF then maybe I'll trade up. I'm over it for now and it did save me from considering gambling with NIB purchases for the foreseeable future.

#2421 4 years ago

I can see why some people would say the upgrade from the premium to the LE is worth the $$$, better cabinet art, backglass, cool armor etc, but I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would pay nearly $5K more for the SLE, it seems like all you are getting is the right to brag that you could afford it, the extra stuff is trivial!!

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I can see why some people would say the upgrade from the premium to the LE is worth the $$$, better cabinet art, backglass, cool armor etc, but I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would pay nearly $5K more for the SLE, it seems like all you are getting is the right to brag that you could afford it, the extra stuff is trivial!!

I agree. The value of the offering isn’t there, but apparently Stern knows their market better than we do. They all sold within a day. I’d love to know what the margin is. I take the back, I don’t want to know. Look at the bright side.. it will keep Stern in business.

#2423 4 years ago

The one thing we know for sure, this machine will not live up to the hype. None from Stern have

#2424 4 years ago

The Deadflip stream in a few days will Exceed the Hype
Then just sit back a bit and let Lyman and coding/LCD graphics team do their thing
3lvira may possibly outclass BM66

#2425 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

If anyone is thinking about doing this, might as well go with the German playfield protector before the first ball is plunged.

#2426 4 years ago

Shouldn't be hard as BM66 has zero flow and a huge ass clunky mech.

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Shouldn't be hard as BM66 has zero flow and a huge ass clunky mech.

agreed!

I was going to buy BM66 after the code got to be so hyped but the more I played it the less I liked the layout. DP on the other hand a bit clunky but gets better the more I play it.

#2428 4 years ago

I'm not sure that I see the value of the up kicker shooting across the PF and the trunk lock is OK but I could see having a pro without this and I wouldn't miss it. meh.

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I agree. The value of the offering isn’t there, but apparently Stern knows their market better than we do. They all sold within a day. I’d love to know what the margin is. I take the back, I don’t want to know. Look at the bright side.. it will keep Stern in business.

It absolutely amazes me. I just can't even begin to understand how the SLEs are already gone. I've been viewing this thread bc I thought certainly Stern has gotten too far with this pricing. No way people would actually pay this price and get extras like a piece of couch.

Well I was wrong haha. Bar continues to sink regarding customer expectations vs cost while continues to increase for how many suckers we have. I don't blame Stern one bit either. Wow.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It absolutely amazes me. I just can't even begin to understand how the SLEs are already gone. I've been viewing this thread bc I thought certainly Stern has gotten too far with this pricing. No way people would actually pay this price and get extras like a piece of couch.
Well I was wrong haha. Bar continues to sink regarding customer expectations vs cost while continues to increase for how many suckers we have. I don't blame Stern one bit either. Wow.

Just an example of why it does not matter to some..

-----------------
$22,805,000.00 still fine.

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just an example of why it does not matter to some..
-----------------
$22,805,000.00 still fine.

Very true. I’m blown away that people are blown away that Stern sold the SLEs. A lot of people have a lot of money, and $15k is a drop in the bucket. What is so hard to understand about this?

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

agreed!
I was going to buy BM66 after the code got to be so hyped but the more I played it the less I liked the layout. DP on the other hand a bit clunky but gets better the more I play it.

DP is so much more “clunky” than B66.

Still a fun game, but clunk for clunk, DP wins hands down.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

After I saw people pay $25,000.00 for a reused Spider-Man playfield just because it said Supreme with no artwork at all and nothing to look at I bet they could sell anything for any price to some fools.

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

DP is so much more “clunky” than B66.
Still a fun game, but clunk for clunk, DP wins hands down.

DP is clunky, shots miss ramps that shouldn’t but that game has grown on me more and more and I love it now. Love the battle concept too. Innovative and it’s a funny pin keeps you laughing

#2435 4 years ago

No drop targets is the main issue holding me back on this pin.

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Very true. I’m blown away that people are blown away that Stern sold the SLEs. A lot of people have a lot of money, and $15k is a drop in the bucket. What is so hard to understand about this?

Yeah these are good points.

I just hope these folks are also giving to real charities and not just the one in Chicago.

#2437 4 years ago

delt31

Bugatti's $12.5-million-dollar La Voiture Noire takes its place among the most expensive new cars ever sold.

It will get you from A to B just like a Kia.

For the price of one car you could probably buy a Kia dealership.

Crazy world we live in.

#2438 4 years ago

Unsurprisingly, Bugatti Veyron wheels and tires don't come cheap - the complete Veyron shoe set is listed for sale on eBay for $100,000. That may sound astronomically expensive and probably costs more than your car, but this is small change for the average Veyron owner. Replacement parts are notoriously expensive - it costs $42,000 just to replace the fuel tank.

#2439 4 years ago

Well we know Stern employees monitor this site. So they have to be aware that most of the Pinball community is disappointed, if not completely annoyed, that Stern has dropped drop targets from most of its new pins. They don’t cost that much and they know it would make many of us very happy. So it is very perplexing why they don’t do that knowing that many of their best customers, including all their premium and LE customers, want that. Good businesses give the customer what they want.

#2440 4 years ago

Drops woulda been nice but to me the bigger surprise is the way they chinsed out on the ramps - plastic instead of wire form and not even stylish or imaginative plastic ramps - just a ball return lane . Whoooo !

#2441 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well we know Stern employees monitor this site. So they have to be aware that most of the Pinball community is disappointed, if not completely annoyed, that Stern has dropped drop targets from most of its new pins. They don’t cost that much and they know it would make many of us very happy. So it is very perplexing why they don’t do that knowing that many of their best customers, including all their premium and LE customers, want that. Good businesses give the customer what they want.

They don’t need drop targets because sales figures show people are still buying the pins regardless without them.

The only power consumers have vs profit selling entities is voting with their wallets. If enough people don’t do that, nothing will change.

#2442 4 years ago

It does have one drop target! woo hoo

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It does have one drop target! woo hoo

So that's where the $400 markup came from.

#2444 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Drops woulda been nice but to me the bigger surprise is the way they chinsed out on the ramps - plastic instead of wire form and not even stylish or imaginative plastic ramps - just a ball return lane . Whoooo !

But they did put three interactive toys so maybe they reduced costs there to add the toys. Much more than normal now. I can see that.

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

They don’t need drop targets because sales figures show people are still buying the pins regardless without them.
The only power consumers have vs profit selling entities is voting with their wallets. If enough people don’t do that, nothing will change.

Agreed they are still selling pins. However, a truly smart business always knows what its’ customers want and delivers it to them. Then they can charge whatever they want for it. So even though their sales are good, they should be able to figure out they would be better if they just did those simple things. To me an obvious business choice. Why they can’t see that is bizarre.

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I agree that the ramps (I am fine with plastic) think IM and TWD have nice ramps IM does a nice up down. These ramps don't look very interesting.

#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree that the ramps (I am fine with plastic) think IM and TWD have nice ramps IM does a nice up down. These ramps don't look very interesting.

I'm also fine with plastic ramps. But would have liked to see some more then just a strait line.

#2448 4 years ago

so many haters on here. sheesh.

I like the big open playfield with the ramps to the side. it's going to be beautiful to get a multiball and hit all those Jackpots over and over without anything in the way. an Elvira game that we can put Billions of points on. you unhealthy haters need to be happy that we're getting a new pin, and that it's not another sloppy children's franchise.

#2449 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not sure that I see the value of the up kicker shooting across the PF and the trunk lock is OK but I could see having a pro without this and I wouldn't miss it. meh.

It's a fun little timed shooting - The 36-24-36 target lights will probably strobe up and down, and you have to time your shot to hit the target that the VUK cannon is aimed at. Same thing NGG does from the left side kicker.

#2450 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Unsurprisingly, Bugatti Veyron wheels and tires don't come cheap - the complete Veyron shoe set is listed for sale on eBay for $100,000. That may sound astronomically expensive and probably costs more than your car, but this is small change for the average Veyron owner. Replacement parts are notoriously expensive - it costs $42,000 just to replace the fuel tank.

Costs more than my house... Or rather what I bought my house for... However, I view my house as a place to store my stuff. Most important of which is my pins. My friends all joke with me that I could have fully paid off my house by now if I didn't own any pinball.
Maybe they are right... But, then I wouldnt have any pins to play in my house and life is just too short, not to enjoy the things you love. No matter what they cost.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

10,000 (Firm)
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/49?hl=lounge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.