pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 79.
#2351 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm pretty satisfied with the BOM...not even getting heartburn over plastic ramps. The two aspects where I felt they took the cheap route, is no multi bank drop targets and no topper. Has any previous Stern premium or LE been offered without a topper?

You need to check out The Munsters thread....WOW. LE’s are plunking down $450 for a defective topper.

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The video doesn't support that, but I guess we'll find out for sure Wednesday.

Greg Freres confirms so on the Stern Pinball Insider podcast (the house has a ramp return). But the video didn't seem to show this, so I was confused.

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Was this posted yet? - Reads fun. [quoted image]

So is Unhappy Hour, midnight madness?

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

If I remember correctly “It’s a Wonderful Life” is also one of those stories. One of the major 3 networks was looking to fill air air around the holidays and didn’t want to spend money on producing a show, some staffer saw “It’s a wonderful Life” had lapse and the rest is history. I am sure that someone on here can fill in the details to correct me.

Just summarizing here... According to Wikipedia, there was a lapse in copyright due to a clerical error, but in 1993 the copy right was re-established. NBC (since 1996) has the license to air the film. Paramount now owns the rights to the film.

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, does Stern have a corner on the Yellow Flipper market? Seems there are some other color choices that would better complement the playfield colors.

I guess that's the point.
The yellow color sticks out.

You know it's true since we allways have the yellow apron card discussion every cornerstone game.

#2356 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Lol. That would be one heck of a Pro!!!
2 Motorized entrances, motorized bash toy, subway, physical ball lock in trunk, 4 small gargoyle kinda bash toys, interactive mansion with diverters and motorized roof...
JP Pro may look like the Premium but the only "toy" untouched in comparison to the Premium is that Jeep Newton balls.

no offensive, but you obviously do not have a manufacturing background
the cost for the items that you've listed are close to $20, maybe $40 tops. how that translates into an increase of $400+ must include the cost of a wizard doing their accounting books

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Man why so harsh on Zach? I love watching SDTM. Everyone knows Zach sells now so only an idiot would not consider that may have some effect on his comments. So what’s to worry about? And didn’t they switch to someone else doing reviews now since Zach started selling? Man this site is way too harsh so often now. Can’t we just have fun and discuss pinball without attacking everyone? If you don’t think Zach can be objective then don’t consider his opinion in your buying decisions. Simple solution. But some people just want to bitch.
This country was 500 times better before social media. Now it seems many people are in a race to the bottom.

You sir, should run for President

#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the cost for the items that you've listed are close to $20, maybe $40 tops. how that translates into an increase of $400+ must include the cost of a wizard doing their accounting books

I've been in manufacturing for 30+ years. The cost of making the widget (coil, motor, etc) is a very small subset of bringing a part to fruition. There are engineering costs (fitment, brackets, interference constraints), CAD (documentation), tooling, software (to integrate it into play), etc. If it's an electrical component there are UL inspections too which cost money. It's not as simple as picking a motor off the shelf for a few bucks and throwing it into the machine.

Not saying that justifies the increaseed costs, but it's not as simple as the $40 in material costs.

#2359 4 years ago

Found an LE, getting it locked in today! Thanks to all that reached out to help me find one!

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've been in manufacturing for 30+ years. The cost of making the widget (coil, motor, etc) is a very small subset of bringing a part to fruition. There are engineering costs (fitment, brackets, interference constraints), CAD (documentation), tooling, software (to integrate it into play), etc. If it's an electrical component there are UL inspections too which cost money. It's not as simple as picking a motor off the shelf for a few bucks and throwing it into the machine.
Not saying that justifies the increaseed costs, but it's not as simple as the $40 in material costs.

And labor too of putting the machine together. I’m guessing a lot of additional time and production went into the filming and editing of video assets - Seems like this is something Cassandra is really putting her attention and care into, more of a passion project for her.

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not saying that justifies the increased costs, but it's not as simple as the $40 in material costs.

agreed. but I can almost guarantee you that every single mechanism that they are using in EHOH isn't new or is a variation of something they've used in the past, so I'm going to stick with my cost analysis and state that they didn't have to pay for any new tooling

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

If that's true, maybe they needed something to keep the line moving while new JP2 playfields are made. Pure imagina... I mean, speculation.
edit: manadams beat me to it

Stern is not JJP they produce multiple games at a time not just one

#2363 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The question is which Zach?

Chiller Theatre Kevin, Elvira.....and Zach!!

kevin 3lvira and zach (resized).jpgkevin 3lvira and zach (resized).jpg
#2364 4 years ago

Although there is no single method for determining if a film - or parts of it - is in the public domain, most have entered the public domain because they were:
released without Copyright Notices;
were never registered with the Library of Congress, had improper or late registrations; or
were not renewed after 28 years under the old requirements for films made before 1964.

https://www.prattlibrary.org/research/tools/index.aspx?cat=105&id=5661

#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

You sir, should run for President

Lol. Actually I would just be happy if everyone would just be nice to each other. Since the era of the Internet, people have become accustomed to saying things online that they would never ever say to someone’s face. I guess the Internet breeds that. You don’t really have to worry about the reaction from a keyboard. If you were to talk like that to someone’s face, you may get a fist in yours. Instead of a down vote maybe they should figure out how to install a fist punch button. I just don’t think the internet makes our lives better. But at least it gives us an opportunity to discuss pinball and help each other with our machines, which is the real purpose of this site is it not?

#2366 4 years ago

Now back to topic. I just saw the specs and close-up view of the playfield of this machine last night. It looks awesome. The toys look really neat and I love the lighted windows and the spinning rooftop. Has more toys than any other Stern that I’ve purchased recently. I’m working with my distributor to determine if the playfield issue is resolved enough to go ahead and get one.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Chiller Theatre Kevin, Elvira.....and Zach!![quoted image]

Is that Meny or Sharpe? The hobby has seemed to age either one.

#2368 4 years ago

I'm trying to get my hands on a Special Edition but can't find one to buy anywhere, can someone help a brother out?

edit: just secured one from Pinballs.com, ordered from them before with no issues. thanks guys.

#2369 4 years ago

I do believe the SLEs are gone, like dust in the wind.

#2370 4 years ago

Zach at Flip-in-Out had one left Yesterday...but that was yesterday.

#2371 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Please Stern
Step up and comment

Why the hell would Stern comment on Pinside they had Jared come on hear and how did that go I would love to see a place that manufacturers could make statements with commenting turned off till then to many chuckle nuts on Pinside for manufacturers to waist there time

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Why the hell would Stern comment on Pinside they had Jared come on hear and how did that go I would love to see a place that manufacturers could make statements with commenting turned off till then to many chuckle nuts on Pinside for manufacturers to waist there time

You win the contest for most spelling/grammatical errors in one single sentence

#2373 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

You win the contest for most spelling/grammatical errors in one single sentence

I think he may also hold 2nd and 3rd place...

#2374 4 years ago

What’s the price tag on a Sle?

#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Do you think pinball parts have suddenly doubled in cost over the last 5 years? They haven’t. And this and most any new Stern doesn’t have anymore “stuff” than titles released 10+ years ago (TSPP, WH20, TZ, lots of examples) so it’s not like Stern is suddenly adding new features they didn’t before and cost of LED lights has gone down not up...I don’t think plastic ramps are expensive upgrades compared to metal ones either...

It is easy to see why prices have gone up because JJP showed that people would pay high prices

#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think he may also hold 2nd and 3rd place...

Hey. I card read good too

#2377 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What’s the price tag on a Sle?

$15k

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Prices have gone up because JJP showed that people would pay high prices.

WoZ sure looked loaded with stuff when it came out. And the initial WoZ price wasn't as high as it is now.
JJP took stuff out of the YBR edition and still charged more. Is everybody okay with that? Costs do go up.
More than one Pinside poster has said that the mechs on Elvira3 look like something WMS was doing in the '90s.

#2379 4 years ago

Has anyone actually confirmed if Cassandra Peterson is contributing VIDEO clips to the game, or just sound clips?

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Has anyone actually confirmed if Cassandra Peterson is contributing VIDEO clips to the game, or just sound clips?

From the official Stern release:

Stern Pinball Announces New Elvira’s House of Horrors Pinball Machines
CHICAGO, IL – September 18, 2019 – Stern Pinball, Inc. announced today the availability of a new line of pinball machines celebrating the iconic character, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark! The game was developed in collaboration with the Whizbang Pinball Studio team of Greg Freres and Dennis Nordman. Greg and Dennis developed the first two Elvira games. Elvira’s House of Horrors pinball machines will be available in Premium, Limited Edition, and Signature Edition models.
The taunting is over and the haunting begins in the third and campiest installment of the Elvira pinball trilogy! Trying to sell her mansion through “Alternate Realty”, Elvira’s house is haunted by the movie characters from her past. These ghouls, ghosts, monsters, and strange assortment of vintage characters with horrific acting skills seek revenge on Elvira while she and the player confront them, sending them back to the “film” from which they came! Elvira’s House of Horrors immerses players in a fun, campy, B-movie universe filled with all of the humor expected from the Mistress of the Dark including custom speech and, in a pinball first, exclusive filming of Elvira for custom video scenes featured throughout the game!

#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

I'm trying to get my hands on a Special Edition but can't find one to buy anywhere, can someone help a brother out?

Have one available . I sent you a PM.

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

From the official Stern release:
Stern Pinball Announces New Elvira’s House of Horrors Pinball Machines
CHICAGO, IL – September 18, 2019 – Stern Pinball, Inc. announced today the availability of a new line of pinball machines celebrating the iconic character, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark! The game was developed in collaboration with the Whizbang Pinball Studio team of Greg Freres and Dennis Nordman. Greg and Dennis developed the first two Elvira games. Elvira’s House of Horrors pinball machines will be available in Premium, Limited Edition, and Signature Edition models.
The taunting is over and the haunting begins in the third and campiest installment of the Elvira pinball trilogy! Trying to sell her mansion through “Alternate Realty”, Elvira’s house is haunted by the movie characters from her past. These ghouls, ghosts, monsters, and strange assortment of vintage characters with horrific acting skills seek revenge on Elvira while she and the player confront them, sending them back to the “film” from which they came! Elvira’s House of Horrors immerses players in a fun, campy, B-movie universe filled with all of the humor expected from the Mistress of the Dark including custom speech and, in a pinball first, exclusive filming of Elvira for custom video scenes featured throughout the game!

thank you -

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I actually do have a manufacturing/ development background with major automotive manufacturers.

But that has nothing to do with the argument that this game compares way more to a Stern Premium (because it is) then a Pro.
That is it's own microcosmos.

And for part cost, yeah you might be right, but again that wasn't the argument.
But with that you always have to include development cost.
Elvira will sell way less then JP, because there is no "cheap" Pro.
So you have to bear the estimated sales numbers in mind as a manufacturer when you do the pricing.

#2384 4 years ago

What’s the best price anyone has gotten on an LE? All in tax, shipping etc? Seems like all I am coming across are all over $10k all in.

#2385 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

What’s the best price anyone has gotten on an LE? All in tax, shipping etc? Seems like all I am coming across are all over $10k all in.

Did someone on here get one for $9,200?

#2386 4 years ago

The 3 minute video on YouTube of playfield and game features is really cool. This pin looks awesome. The only thing really missing is drop targets. Stern definitely seems hell bent on reducing drop targets. But the crypt, house and coffin all look like great toys and excellent use of theme integration. The mechanical pop up gargoyles are fun too and not working on a switch so pretty durable I’m guessing. My Deadpool LE with 11 drop targets seems like the one that won’t be repeating. Still looks great though.

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Did someone on here get one for $9,200?

Call Automated Services:

$9,599.00. They still have some.

http://pinballstore.tripod.com/elvira-s-house-of-horrors.html

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Quoted from GamerRick:

Call Automated Services:
$9,599.00. They still have some.
http://pinballstore.tripod.com/elvira-s-house-of-horrors.html

You might also try Zach at flipnout, though I don't know if he has any left.

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Sorry meant to link to your post. $9,599.

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

You might also try Zach at flipnout, though I don't know if he has any left.

Zach is out he was the first one I called.

#2391 4 years ago

Any word on a gameplay stream on twitch coming soon?

#2392 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Any word on a gameplay stream on twitch coming soon?

Wednesday, 9/25, 7pm Central
DDB1A71F-855F-4B7F-97D6-4F9CC5E924C6 (resized).jpegDDB1A71F-855F-4B7F-97D6-4F9CC5E924C6 (resized).jpeg

#2393 4 years ago

Just noticed that Santa on the roof is from the holiday classic "Santa Claus vs the Martians." I watched the stern video again and I will be bummed if the music for the Gar-Coil mode is "Jumpn' Jivn'" its too misplaced to be fun.

Santa Claus vs the Martians (resized).jpgSanta Claus vs the Martians (resized).jpg
#2394 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The 3 minute video on YouTube of playfield and game features is really cool. This pin looks awesome. The only thing really missing is drop targets. Stern definitely seems hell bent on reducing drop targets. But the crypt, house and coffin all look like great toys and excellent use of theme integration. The mechanical pop up gargoyles are fun too and not working on a switch so pretty durable I’m guessing. My Deadpool LE with 11 drop targets seems like the one that won’t be repeating. Still looks great though.

Game looks great. I'm in on SLE.
However, is anyone else concerned about the Crypt Kicker (VUK) current height? (check it out on the video at 2:45)
Given the distance it might damage the pf over time.....I have some possible mod fixes/enhancement ideas to make this really sweet!

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

However, is anyone else concerned about the Crypt Kicker (VUK) current height? (check it out on the video at 2:45)
Given the distance it might damage the pf over time.....I have some possible mod fixes/enhancement ideas to make this really sweet!

Is it any higher than acdc cannon or sttng cannons? Granted those move and impact different points, but from a height standpoint and the fact the balls trajectory is horizontal and will skip off the surface, I'm hoping it wont be an issue.

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I had the same thought but pinball playfields get dimples period. Those type of toys just make them happen more quickly. Eventually it all gets kind of uniform right? I’m thinking the JP T-Rex is worse for sure.

#2397 4 years ago

Call Mike at pinballs.com

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from Edelan:

Zach is out he was the first one I called.

No way, Zach has more than 3 SLE Elvira pins..

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No way, Zach has more than 3 SLE Elvira pins..

From what I have heard, some have gone over 17k.

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

From what I have heard, some have gone over 17k.

New to me.. Pinballs.com has LE ready to go..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

11,855 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (Firm)
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.