pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 79.
#2201 4 years ago

I wonder if the cabinet art is a nod to Spooky's America's Most Haunted?
Similar swirl pattern and lettering.

Looks like a great game, hopefully no playfield issues.
But my pooling IM has convinced me to cancel my 2 NIB Stern purchases I had planned.
Playfield swaps at my own cost is just too much of a hassle : (

I'm looking forward to playing this game on location!

#2202 4 years ago

I wanted this game but not anymore

prices for a Jurassic Premium and a Elvira Premium are only $400USD apart based on the MSRP but in Aus that difference went up $2000 - definitely will be a limited game.

19-9-19
USD = AUD is
$1USD = $1.47AUD
$400USD = $590AUD

screen-capture-7 (resized).pngscreen-capture-7 (resized).png
#2203 4 years ago

I have been informed that games are close to shipping.
Hence playfields were already made a while ago. So unless I get confirmation that pooling problem was fixed and guaranteed, I might be out
I so want the pin but with the extreme price bump and playfield risk im having 2nd thoughts.
I wish Stern would stand up and say something regarding the most key component of any pinball

#2204 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have been informed that games are close to shipping.
Hence playfields were already made a while ago. So unless I get confirmation that pooling problem was fixed and guaranteed, I might be out
I so want the pin but with the extreme price bump and playfield risk im having 2nd thoughts.
I wish Stern would stand up and say something regarding the most key component of any pinball

Stern will not fix a PF than has pooling, please stop and think about that.

The AUD pricing is very high you will also need to consider what about this game that makes it $15,500 other that the massive tits on the Translite mate.

#2205 4 years ago

Overall I really like this pin but I keep questioning the plastic ramps.

#2206 4 years ago

When will this be added to the machines list so I can add it to my collection?

#2207 4 years ago

Big fan of EATPM and SS, have had them both for many years, will never leave, so I was intrigued when I heard they were going to do another one, (although I wish it wasn't Stern doing it). I respect both Dennis and Greg very much, but have to say I'm disappointed by the backglass art, and by the pretty standard playfield layout, really looks like a rehashed MM/AFM from that standpoint. Playfield art is quite good, (man that's a lot of inserts!!) and I'm pleased that they are bringing back the male voice from SS. The key point with this game will be does it capture the mood and magic of the first 2 games, they are a certain kind of silly fun that is crucial to the games success!!

No point really commenting of the pricing model, I hate it, I think we all should hate it, but judging by the number of people in this thread who have already ordered at nearly $10K, (for us Canadians it'll be just south of $15K ) they have no reason to change it until one of these flops big time!!

#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I wanted this game but not anymore
prices for a Jurassic Premium and a Elvira Premium are only $400USD apart based on the MSRP but in Aus that difference went up $2000 - definitely will be a limited game.
19-9-19
USD = AUD is
$1USD = $1.47AUD
$400USD = $590AUD[quoted image]

Don't feel bad my Aussie and Canadian brothers... our NZ prices are..
LE..18k
Prem 15k

#2209 4 years ago

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:Don't feel bad my Aussie and Canadian brothers... our NZ prices are..
LE..18k
Prem 15k

OUCH!!

#2210 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Big fan of EATPM and SS, have had them both for many years, will never leave, so I was intrigued when I heard they were going to do another one, (although I wish it wasn't Stern doing it). I respect both Dennis and Greg very much, but have to say I'm disappointed by the backglass art, and by the pretty standard playfield layout, really looks like a rehashed MM/AFM from that standpoint. Playfield art is quite good, (man that's a lot of inserts!!) and I'm pleased that they are bringing back the male voice from SS. The key point with this game will be does it capture the mood and magic of the first 2 games, they are a certain kind of silly fun that is crucial to the games success!!
No point really commenting of the pricing model, I hate it, I think we all should hate it, but judging by the number of people in this thread who have already ordered at nearly $10K, (for us Canadians it'll be just south of $15K ) they have no reason to change it until one of these flops big time!!

Both Dennis and Greg are both Champions of Pinball design and art.
I have the utmost respect for both of these gentlemen.
I too fell into the trap of pre judging the art, please excuse me Greg. I can barely comprehend how much effort that you have put into Elvira 3.

None of us should judge anything about this title until it is seen up front and played.

The price model is disappointing. The game is being touted as a "Studio Production" hence the extra cost.
The LE price I was quoted here exceeds what I expected by 1.5K AU.
This will be a very tough call for me personally now.

Watching closely with anticipation and possible heart break of letting this one go.

Damn, I need to harden the F up !

Please Stern
Step up and comment

#2211 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

The AUD pricing is very high you will also need to consider what about this game that makes it $15,500 other that the massive tits on the Translite mate.

Thanks Extendo ,
It's not about boobies.
I love the theme and can see the potential knowing Lyman is on code

#2212 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Time to make new anti pooling playfield protectors.
That covers more playfield.
Made off 0.75 mm Bayer macrolon. With NO cutout under the sling post that covers the hard hitting post on the playfield.
Its a good and cheap idea to protect last years playfield run from Stern And JJP from pooling.

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Both Dennis and Greg are both Champions of Pinball design and art.
I have the utmost respect for both of these gentlemen.
I too fell into the trap of pre judging the art, please excuse me Greg. I can barely comprehend how much effort that you have put into Elvira 3.
None of us should judge anything about this title until it is seen up front and played.
The price model is disappointing. The game is being touted as a "Studio Production" hence the extra cost.
The LE price I was quoted here exceeds what I expected by 1.5K AU.
This will be a very tough call for me personally now.
Watching closely with anticipation and possible heart break of letting this one go.
Damn, I need to harden the F up !
Please Stern
Step up and comment

I also think the Aussie Distributor is going hard with his mark up as well which is not helping

#2214 4 years ago

Machine looks great and I love Elvira (even in Europe here), but no pro is probably making me going to skip this one.
And I want to fully see that the game is completed and balanced on software level.

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I also think the Aussie Distributor is going hard with his mark up as well which is not helping

Yeah mate agree
Thanks for the calc's
I dunno if i can swallow this pill

#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

For someone who doesn't like this game, you certainly spend a lot of time on here, shouldn't you be posting on the turtle thread?

Following it just like every person interested in Pinball - waited to see at least some video in action and then commented about my reaction to it like everyone does. Sorry I'm not ass kissing this game to your liking but you know me - going to get it straight, no bs.

I'll continue monitoring and seeing it progress like other games but to your point, you won't see many more posts from me here.

And yes - you will find me in the eventual TMnT thread ; )

#2217 4 years ago

Agreed, the price is just too high here in Australia. Unfortunately with only one distributor, albeit a good one, there is no competition like in the USA, so no competitive street pricing like USA has. More distributor competition, always equates to much better pricing for us the consumer. Competitive Street price in the USA for 3lvira premium will be close to $7k. Here it is $13,5k. Even with exchange rate factored in, that is a huge disparity.

#2218 4 years ago

I'm curious to know what anyone in the US has been quoted street price wise for a premium by PM if possible.

#2219 4 years ago

$7700 shipped in the US is what I was quoted.

#2220 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Still way too much. Approaching 8k for a literal pro model.

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Time to make new anti pooling playfield protectors.
That covers more playfield.
Made off 0.75 mm Bayer macrolon. With NO cutout under the sling post that covers the hard hitting post on the playfield.
Its a good and cheap idea to protect last years playfield run from Stern And JJP from pooling.

You can't put Makrolon polycarbonate under ANYTHING. It will warp when the machine warms up. It must be floating. Also, playfield protectors suck. So there's that.

#2222 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wow...Stern Premium's are now basically the same price as JJP standards (assuming the Willy Wonka model will continue at JJP). I imagine that is their basis for pricing.

I really want this game - I think it looks great, but I don't think I am a NIB buyer (definitely not a NIB buyer until playfield issues are addressed and commented on). I will probably just wait for some rich guy to play his 50-100 games and be done with it, and pick one up HUO

#2223 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Wow...Stern Premium's are now basically the same price as JJP standards (assuming the Willy Wonka model will continue at JJP). I imagine that is their basis for pricing.
I really want this game - I think it looks great, but I don't think I am a NIB buyer (definitely not a NIB buyer until playfield issues are addressed and commented on). I will probably just wait for some rich guy to play his 50-100 games and be done with it, and pick one up HUO

Yes same here.

#2224 4 years ago

No they are not. This is a non-cornerstone release (low production) and comes in the 3 higher tiers. The next game will resume back to normal pro/premium/le pricing. Of course there is no guarantee the cornerstone tiers won't have a price increase, but hopefully they've increased them enough this year.

Quoted from brucipher:

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I think you got that backwards. JJP's premium pricing on Wonka was clearly intended to compete with Stern premiums, not the other way around.

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Elvira’s House of Horrors pinball is a haunting fun time!”

I doubt Gary actually said this, but whoever did needs to just stop.

#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I've got the money to buy this and I'm interested in the pin, but I'm NOT just because of the $400 price hike for no justified reason. I'm tired of Stern's "let's put in less and charge more" bullchit.

#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Actually you can get a Wonka standard for 7300 shipped if u call around . Thats a lot of pin for the money imo and its really good.

#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you got that backwards. JJP's premium pricing on Wonka was clearly intended to compete with Stern premiums, not the other way around.

Right, I get that, but there was also a $400 Premium bump up in price on this one compared to JP2 (which now brings the premium street price more in line with Wonka standard). I guess this could be due to it not being a cornerstone, we'll see at the next release...

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You need a different distributor

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Can be had for cheaper?

#2233 4 years ago

Someone posted in the other Elvira 3 thread that there’s no topper with this release, anyone else heard this?

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Well who should I buy from then? I don't know why everyone is so secretive about this stuff. Drives me bonkers.

#2235 4 years ago

Get used to it. Every USA distributor will have a slightly different price based on their overhead/volume/perks, etc.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Well who should I buy from then? I don't know why everyone is so secretive about this stuff. Drives me bonkers.

#2236 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You have to do the ground work and call around to many different distributors. It's meant to be kept a secret so Stern doesn't find out who it is and penalize that distributor for selling cheaper.

#2237 4 years ago

Any distributors on here with LE's available? I thought I had mine locked in with my guy and it turns out I was not in the mix. Let me know hit me up.

Thanks!

Leigh

#2238 4 years ago

how long til we see the CE models for 15k with pooling, art chipping, etc.

#2239 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You have to do the ground work and call around to many different distributors. It's meant to be kept a secret so Stern doesn't find out who it is and penalize that distributor for selling cheaper.

This....sorry, all I can say is that 7700 is highway robbery.

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Someone posted in the other Elvira 3 thread that there’s no topper with this release, anyone else heard this?

That’s what I was told though it’s unclear if that meant no topper with the LE/SE (like Batman) or no topper period.

#2241 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Any distributors on here with LE's available? I thought I had mine locked in with my guy and it turns out I was not in the mix. Let me know hit me up.
Thanks!
Leigh

Craig? Yeah I was in the same boat. Thought I was locked in when I was added to the list in MARCH. Turns out I wasn't.

#2242 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Still way too much. Approaching 8k for a literal pro model.

Lol. That would be one heck of a Pro!!!

2 Motorized entrances, motorized bash toy, subway, physical ball lock in trunk, 4 small gargoyle kinda bash toys, interactive mansion with diverters and motorized roof...

JP Pro may look like the Premium but the only "toy" untouched in comparison to the Premium is that Jeep Newton balls.

#2243 4 years ago

I like Jurassic Park (love the theme) though I am not digging the art at all and lack of assets

However, I do really like what I am seeing with EHOH with all the mechs and assets, art isn't horrible, and the theme isn't that big to me. I would prefer to get EHOH over JP2.

BUT,

1. Cost is too damn high, and...
2. I AM NOT BUYING A DAMN THING WITH THE PF ISSUES.

I'll just wait for HUO, and make sure the PFs are good - and it will cost less.

Best of luck to the NIB buyers....It will be hard to sympathize if you guys get a bad PF due to extensive evidence that it could happen. But then I guess to some it really doesn't matter.

#2244 4 years ago

To expensive, to many games released each year now, I'm out. NIB fatigue killing me.

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I'm not buying anything from Stern until they acknowledge the clear coat issue.
Pretty sure stern leaked this pin. How do they have an official follow up video so quick. To take your mind off playfield issues. Genius move by Stern. I am not falling for it however...
Rest of the sheep can buy a this and complain once their playfields crumble...

I'm sure stern is pretty worried that someone who isnt a customer is not going to be a customer. Maybe the sheep are busy playing pinball?

#2246 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yeah don’t think they are supposed to go lower than that how much can you get them for?

#2247 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

No need to share the distributor publicly, PM me if you'd like to share. It would be much appreciated.

How cheap can you get this? Wouldn't hurt to share that much as long as you aren't announcing from who.

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

No need to share the distributor publicly, PM me if you'd like to share. It would be much appreciated.
How cheap can you get this? Wouldn't hurt to share that much as long as you aren't announcing from who.

Yes please PM me too. I’m interested in possibly buying this pin.

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

Craig? Yeah I was in the same boat. Thought I was locked in when I was added to the list in MARCH. Turns out I wasn't.

Yeah, he didn't get allocated enough I guess. I'm on the hunt for another distro to find an LE. I'm hoping the usual pinside outrage will happen after the first live stream and scare some folks into canceling haha

#2250 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Let me guess, you can buy it for 7699.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 12.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
10,000 (Firm)
12,222 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/45?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.