pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 79.
#2151 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is the longer video - game looks like fun, love the music - hopefully that is what is in the game

Do you get this or new Jurassic Park?

#2152 4 years ago

Heard from a distributor that the SLE are sold out.

#2153 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Yesterday already. At least, that's what I was told.

#2154 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Apparently LE's and SE's begin shipping next week.

If that's true, maybe they needed something to keep the line moving while new JP2 playfields are made. Pure imagina... I mean, speculation.

edit: manadams beat me to it

#2155 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

WHY?!

The game may be absolutely great but there really went very little effort in the SLE Design, compared to the LE.

#2156 4 years ago

The video has taken my 24 hour old opinion of this game up a notch.

Following dis one closely for a bit

#2157 4 years ago

My distributor (in Toronto) emailed this evening that estimated delivery was end of October-mid-November for us here north of the boarder.

#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh my God TORGO is on the backglass!

It's too bad he not around anymore to see the character he played show up on a pinball machine over 50 years later.

Could you imagine if they actually put a Torgo mode in the game with his theme music.

#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

They weren't because i could have gotten one and passed today. I preferred the LE cash grab this time!

I could get my Elvira LE before my JP LE. Stern knows how to crank em out

#2160 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

more money in my pinball collection then my house.

I don't have space for enough pins to do that, and my place is like 60k.

Literally would need like 4 BBBs

#2161 4 years ago

Also saw that "Satanic Rites of Dracula" was on the list of the 40 included movies.

How awesome will it be to see clips of Christopher Lee's Dracula battling Peter Cushing's Van Helsing in a pinball machine.

74541d7043a614444cdd7c6bbb5891dc (resized).jpg74541d7043a614444cdd7c6bbb5891dc (resized).jpgSRDposter1 (resized).jpgSRDposter1 (resized).jpg

#2162 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

WHY?!

The game may be absolutely great but there really went very little effort in the SLE Design, compared to the LE.

People seem to think a ridiculously high price tag is a deterrent. To people with substantial wealth, it's a feature! They're looking for something to blow money on. Any toy that costs $15k must be awesome. And don't forget, it's (artificially) limited, ooh!

I'm looking to get the most bang for my buck; rich people often enjoy the simple act of spending money. Value is secondary, if not the outright enemy. Some of them will feel more pleasure buying a massively overpriced $15k collectible than the same item for less money. And god forbid someone thinks they're cheap (a cardinal sin among the wealthy).

They worked hard for that money, they want to spend it! What fun is letting it rot in a bank, or passing it all down to your spoiled punk kids?

#2163 4 years ago

$15K Ha!! It's $17K!!! I wish I was one of those guys who could so easily overlook roughly $7500 for a signature card, foil side artwork (like Batman, and it is beautiful), and a piece of cloth from an old couch! WOW!
Makes the LE a real prize!

#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They put them on the screen.

I realize that but was wondering if they'll be modes associated with the movies, that could be cool and might add depth as with BM66.

#2165 4 years ago

I am so excited to play this and hoping and expecting it to be at Chicago Pinball expo!!!!! I was lucky enough to get meet Elvira about 15 years ago!!!!!

Screenshot_20190918-191552_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-191552_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2166 4 years ago

Yep... Not the best hammer dracula... But, it's not the worst one either. It has a few cool things about it. And I do hope they have both Cushing and Lee clips in it.

I'm also interested in the make your own trailer feature. That could be fun... Or stupid... But,I think it could be fun...

And I was excited about the callouts, but I am also even more excited about the new filmed scenes... Wonder if there will still be animated Elvira as well... Just super excited. And I'm also glad the VUK doesn't shoot into the trunk...
I just cringe at an errant ball smashing my playfield to bits..... So happy that it won't be a super loaded missile.

#2167 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I realize that but was wondering if they'll be modes associated with the movies, that could be cool and might add depth as with BM66.

Well,... you can study the playfield and guess, but we'll know in a week.

With Elvira doing new clips especially for the game, it's a good possibility she "moderates" the whole game.

#2168 4 years ago

I’m in for the premium! No sense getting the LE or SE, not enough of a difference. You can also just get your backglass signed down the road for $40 by Cassandra in person like I did with my SS and EATPM.

49E3B926-9F4B-4038-BF72-9BD3C785D0A4 (resized).jpeg49E3B926-9F4B-4038-BF72-9BD3C785D0A4 (resized).jpegB4B3010A-D324-49C6-B8FE-AB6C377E0A1A (resized).jpegB4B3010A-D324-49C6-B8FE-AB6C377E0A1A (resized).jpegC4199F90-8A6F-49D4-A2B9-4055A0151AF1 (resized).jpegC4199F90-8A6F-49D4-A2B9-4055A0151AF1 (resized).jpeg
#2169 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Calm down, put yer shit back on bro.
He's saying 1 month ETA not 1 month lifespan.
I think.

Yeah. I misread him. It happens. He's got a great collection too. Would love to have half that.

#2170 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Finally some sensible shoes.

I dunno, I wear em everyday.

#2171 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It's too bad he not around anymore to see the character he played show up on a pinball machine over 50 years later.
Could you imagine if they actually put a Torgo mode in the game with his theme music.

Note how he's drawn with goat legs which apparently was the original intent but ended up looking like giant knees instead.

The original 16mm print was found and restored by a Kickstater a few years back. Looks far better than what we saw on Mst3k.

Think it's cool they actually filmed Elvira live action scenes for this. That + old movies = good way to use the LCD!

Just praying she wrote her own dialog.

#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Yes, I think you've said that online now for 20+ years... Come to Expo and I'll take you to Superdawg for a Chicago-style hotdog!

Hey we'll do even more celebrating than that! How'd we get so old? Or maybe it's just me getting old

#2173 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

just like SW The Pin came out JUST before JP2

In all fairness, the 6 or so SW The Pins they made clogged up a production line for like 40 minutes.

#2174 4 years ago

Game looks great. Ordered one today!!!

#2175 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Also saw that "Satanic Rites of Dracula" was on the list of the 40 included movies.
How awesome will it be to see clips of Christopher Lee's Dracula battling Peter Cushing's Van Helsing in a pinball machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That doesn’t appeal to me but you made me think of the Van Helsing movie. Now that would make a great game

#2176 4 years ago

It looks like you MAY also get that special treatment that allows all the posts to gracefully sink down into the clearcoat... and this is from Stern's own promotion pics I believe. Game looks great but as usual... caveat emptor.

ev3 (resized).jpgev3 (resized).jpg
#2177 4 years ago

Personally, I’m also very excited about this title.
Reserved an LE as well this evening & so psyched.
I think Lyman will make this something special.

#2178 4 years ago

After seeing the features video, I’m actually quite pleased with how it actually turned out. Call me crazy, but this looks like it will have some of that old Bally/Williams feel to it...

...and yet as much as I would love to grab one as soon as they are available, Stern’s track record has me leaning towards waiting until at least the initial issues get identified and sorted.

I really do love the house though... I really can’t wait to see some actual gameplay video!

#2179 4 years ago

I wonder how 'Jump jive & wail" and "Shout" will be integrated into the game. Could be really fun. As long as it's done well.

#2180 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Do you get this or new Jurassic Park?

was interested in Jurassic but this does look fun

got some mod ideas but gotta find a job before I can consider this before buying a new guy, but already have 2 mods for this game

#2181 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

One vote for no Jack Danger in Elvira costume...

Well he did post he was getting a vasectomy ........

#2182 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I wonder how 'Jump jive & wail" and "Shout" will be integrated into the game. Could be really fun. As long as it's done well.

Looks like "Jump, Jive & Wail" plays during a Gar-goil "mode". (See game play video.)

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It looks like you MAY also get that special treatment that allows all the posts to gracefully sink down into the clearcoat... and this is from Stern's own promotion pics I believe. Game looks great but as usual... caveat emptor.[quoted image]

I also noticed that Stern is showing art up to the posts again, and I might be wrong, but the sling posts look different as well. Fingers crossed that the play field chipping issue has been resolved. Game looks fun and beautiful.

#2184 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I was really hoping for Bobby Pickett’s Monster Mash.

#2185 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I was really hoping for Bobby Pickett’s Monster Mash.

That would be cool, but I've been hoping for that ever since MB was created.

#2186 4 years ago
Quoted from thecashier76:

I also noticed that Stern is showing art up to the posts again, and I might be wrong, but the sling posts look different as well. Fingers crossed that the play field chipping issue has been resolved. Game looks fun and beautiful.

Looks like there's a small area of no artwork around the sling posts. The blank area appears less noticeable as Elvira is using narrow sling posts versus the star posts found on JP.

#2187 4 years ago

Pooling is a feature on Elvira.

The spec sheet even mentions the haunted pool area!

Only game with definately no pooling is Deadpool!

(Yes, yes, shower me with dislikes. I earned that! )

#2188 4 years ago

Two of my favorites from the list.

A442A765-0F5F-4C8C-B3AE-7435E355D1A3 (resized).jpegA442A765-0F5F-4C8C-B3AE-7435E355D1A3 (resized).jpeg
#2189 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Would immediately buy if I heard there’s a Torgo multiball.

#2190 4 years ago

Maybe it's more of a pin about B-movies and they use Elvira to tie them together?

Note on the above VUK photo how Mano's "The Master" is seem on the plastic.

#2191 4 years ago

Haven't read all of the feedback but just saw the release video (which was pretty amateur - including the lift ramp literally lifting one of the gargoyles with it...nice stern) - same feeling about it when I initially saw it. Not terrible but no where near worth it. Looking at SS vs this game - look how much more attitude and uniqueness there was with that game. The generic ramps in this game? The mansion that has some lighting effects and a spinner? Waste.

I respect the hell out of the designer and coder here but a pass for me (and I'm not even commenting on the ridiculous pricing on this one). LE and SLE buyers - they're not even trying at this point to get that super premium from you. Art continues to be a let down even in high res - but that's super subjective - just not what I would hope for.

Stern bounced back with JP but this is a step backwards. Looking forward to the next release.

#2192 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haven't read all of the feedback but just saw the release video (which was pretty amateur - including the lift ramp literally lifting one of the gargoyles with it...nice stern) - same feeling about it when I initially saw it. Not terrible but no where near worth it. Looking at SS vs this game - look how much more attitude and uniqueness there was with that game. The generic ramps in this game? The mansion that has some lighting effects and a spinner? Waste.
I respect the hell out of the designer and coder here but a pass for me (and I'm not even commenting on the ridiculous pricing on this one). LE and SLE buyers - they're not even trying at this point to get that super premium from you. Art continues to be a let down even in high res - but that's super subjective - just not what I would hope for.
Stern bounced back with JP but this is a step backwards. Looking forward to the next release.

For someone who doesn't like this game, you certainly spend a lot of time on here, shouldn't you be posting on the turtle thread?

#2193 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This art isn't a let down at all.... You think JP's artwork is better than this? JP look like artwork from my kids box of Lego.... And as far as the layout goes I like the fan layout, there's a reason why allot of the top 20 pins have this layout... Because its fun! And with Lyman on the code I'm excited to see what he does with it...

As a long time SS owner there's not a ton to do but its fun as hell and there's basically like 5 shots to make... We haven't even seen any of the video or call outs yet and I think thats where most of the attitude will come from. Personally I'm sick of everyone trying to come up with some new little toy or weird shots that feels clunky or cheap, sometimes nailing the basics is better.

Pricing - Yeah the SE is kinda ridicules and being a huge Elvira collector I'm even passing on it, and I'm also passing on the LE and going with Premium which is pretty much the going rate for that tier of a game.

I'm looking forward to it anyway...

#2194 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe it's more of a pin about B-movies and they use Elvira to tie them together?
Note on the above VUK photo how Mano's "The Master" is seem on the plastic.

Should have been a MST3K pin..but they didn't have any tits.

#2195 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Should have been a MST3K pin..but they didn't have any tits.

Oh, they DO.....just not big ones....

#2196 4 years ago

Is there a flying bat around 2:23/2:24 on the backboard behind the house? How would that be done (small DMD?)...or am I just seeing things?? Game looks amazing!

Iceman44, personal thanks! I may have purchased your passed on SLE. I was told they were all spoken for as of yesterday. Got the call this afternoon, said what the hell, why not! can’t wait!!!

#2197 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Is there a flying bat around 2:23/2:24 on the backboard behind the house? How would that be done (small DMD?)...or am I just seeing things?? Game looks amazing!
Iceman44, personal thanks! I may have purchased your passed on SLE. I was told they were all spoken for as of yesterday. Got the call this afternoon, said what the hell, why not! can’t wait!!!

I think you're seeing things. Are you seeing the reflection of the turning turret?

#2198 4 years ago

The Insider Podcast with Greg Freres talking about the art, play field features, display integration and modes makes me even more excited for this game than I was before. This is going to be one awesome machine!

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Like SKWilson says, I'm sure it's a reflection of the spinning turret.

#2200 4 years ago

The MAIN target
dollars (resized).jpgdollars (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/44?hl=smognote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.