pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 79.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Why don't we wait to see how it plays?
Also some people prefer standups over drop targets depending on their placement/angle. Some people hate the drops on TWD considering how vital they are and how punishing they can be. Firepower is better with standups than drop targets. And for the record I do love drop targets. But sometimes stand ups work better (and that's without getting into the space constraints underneath the playfield)

If this was a Pro I would be on it like a fat kid on a smartie and the license does nothing for me. I'm not saying this doesn't look like it will be a heck of a lot of fun to play. I just don't think it's as loaded as the price tag. I love my AC/DC Pro with all the stand ups but the drops are certainly value added. My comment are more the current Pro level at Stern not really this specific pin. New JP Pro should at least have the mouth open and close on the Trex with a shot at it. No pins should have those mono targets. I think if Stern raised the bar on the lower end they would get a lot more sales. You should not have to buy special editions or boutique run pins to get a complete pin.

#2102 4 years ago

I watched the reveal video and I think this game will shoot very well. So the 2-flipper fan layout is okay with me.
Looking at the plethora of inserts makes me think this game will be very deep when coding is done.
Lyman Sheats doing the coding makes me confident that the coding will be layered and really good.
I love the haunted mansion and crypt and the other playfield features and think the light show will be stellar.
Clips from 40 old horror films plus new video clips and callouts of Elvira? The screen will be used very well.

Am I worried about the recent playfield clearcoat issues? Yes, but maybe it was too late to fix on JP but not to correct for this?
Do I think the LE is worth the extra cost over premium? Not really, but it is the only way to get the better side art on the cabinet.

I'm not one of those who can afford every new game released. My only pin bought in the last ten years was Mustang premium NIB.
For 20 years Scared Stiff has been my favorite pin. I hoped its sequel would look really good. Paid $2K deposit on an LE this morning.

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

No, not fanboys. Probably because that joke is tired from showing up in every thread on pinside. (and for the record, I didn't downvote you)

Lol, sorry. I don't read every thread on Pinside. Guess I know who does now....

#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, just curious, is the bearded dude on the backglass a caricature of Dennis Nordman?[quoted image]

No. That's Eegah.

And there's a reason he's holding a can of shaving cream...
EHOH translite.pngEHOH translite.png

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I watched the reveal video and I think this game will shoot very well. So the 2-flipper fan layout is okay with me.
Looking at the plethora of inserts makes me think this game will be very deep when coding is done.
Lyman Sheats doing the coding makes me confident that the coding will be layered and really good.
I love the haunted mansion and crypt and the other playfield features and think the light show will be stellar.
Clips from 40 old horror films plus new video clips and callouts of Elvira? The screen will be used very well.
Am I worried about the recent playfield clearcoat issues? Yes, but maybe it was too late to fix on JP but not to correct for this?
Do I think the LE is worth the extra cost over premium? Not really, but it is the only way to get the better side art on the cabinet.
I'm not one of those who can afford every new game released. My only pin bought in the last ten years was Mustang premium NIB.
For 20 years Scared Stiff has been my favorite pin. I hoped its sequel would look really good. Paid $2K deposit on an LE this morning.

Stern got you. Playfield issues < Shiny new pin

All is forgiven!

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Does anyone know if Pinstadiums will be compatible with this game?

Relax! I made a joke I thought was funny because I don't live on here.

I'm sure after months of testing we will all know the answer to the quesion in an overly bumped topic or two.

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Lol, sorry. I don't read every thread on Pinside. Guess I know who does now....

All the people that downvoted you?

#2108 4 years ago

"It's still warm!"

#2109 4 years ago

If we were being honest we’d admit the Deadhead Crypt locking mechanism is similar but more impressive than the rotating hole on Wonka...

#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

All the people that downvoted you?

Lol, yeah. Is there an achievment for increasing your total downvotes by 20% in 7 years for 1 post?

#2111 4 years ago

Apparently LE's and SE's begin shipping next week.

#2112 4 years ago

You know, when you guys downvote, you are really just downvoting yourself!!!!!

It’s a sad commentary on humanity today, really.

#2113 4 years ago

LE ordered, this is simply a hobby= fun, buy what you think is fun for you. Short videos are what I am looking for .
My grandchildren will like this as well a me. Likely be in my basement in less than a month. Anyone is welcome to
come play. Life is good.

#2114 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

No. That's Eegah.
[quoted image]

That's a great image of the backglass, I take back anything negative I said about it based on the original low-res image we had. Wait, I didn't see any bearded dude, is there a bearded dude??

Just kidding. Also, not sure what the whole shaving cream thing is about. If that is some sort of twisted reference to a certain photograph that is floating around the internet, well, that would be just wrong.

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is the longer video - game looks like fun, love the music - hopefully that is what is in the game

Is that house ramp meant to hangup on gargoyle?

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

LE ordered, this is simply a hobby= fun, buy what you think is fun for you. Short videos are what I am looking for .
My grandchildren will like this as well a me. Likely be in my basement in less than a month. Anyone is welcome to
come play. Life is good.

Exactly right and that's Very cool of you to throw that offer out there. Nice to see the grandkids are into it too.

#2117 4 years ago

Nice game with great megs and some nice graphics.
Classic pinball machine.

#2118 4 years ago

I watched the video , listened to the Podcast on the Stern Insider site and I’m very excited.
It has a nice art package, theme for Grown Ups , interesting interactive toys, Bally /Williams style design layout, Lyman is completely invested in the project, the license holder is engaged and actually shot clips specifically for the game, the have access to over 27 B movies and integration sounds incredible. Checks all the boxes for me and they ship next week!

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

come play. Life is good.

Wish I had your kind of money to only have it for a month and then get rid of it.
I pre-ordered my LE as well... But, mine is going to stay in my house till I move, die, or get move into an old folks home.

#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Is that house ramp meant to hangup on gargoyle?

No...it was covered in the review video. The wing of the gargoyle is catching the ramp. Hopefully stern rectifies before ship.

#2121 4 years ago

Ok, so they are putting out this Elvira pin but Jurassic Park Just came out and hasn't even been delivered. Whats up with that.

#2122 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is the longer video - game looks like fun, love the music - hopefully that is what is in the game

That music reminds me of the music in BOP. Does anyone else hear that?

#2123 4 years ago

LE’s shipping next week
Premiums ship mid October
SLE’s - call for shipping info

#2124 4 years ago

I'm really dying to see this in person, and play it obviously. Huge Elvira fan, and of her pins. Thinking more and more that IMDN is gonna have to go at some point.

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ok, so they are putting out this Elvira pin but Jurassic Park Just came out and hasn't even been delivered. Whats up with that.

They can produce more than one title at a time?????

#2126 4 years ago

In my recollection theyhaveneverput games out this close together

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I think putting a halt on JP assembly line to address playfield issues explains it.

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Contractual obligation with Elvira. She wanted it out by Halloween for some reason.

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

No. That's Eegah.
[quoted image]

You beat me to it. Yep that's Eegah, played by Richard Kiel of Jame Bond Jaws fame.

I'll tell you what I think this game has going for it, strictly from a game perspective...

* It sure looks like a 90's pin & with big house & layout that kinda reminds me of MM
* A tribute to all the memorable elements of the previous Elvira pins
* A spinning feature "Hand of Fate" wheel will be represented on the LCD
* Tons of B-movie clips & characters that practically plays like a Mystery Science Theater 3000 game too
* Most of these movie were featured on Elvira's 80's Movie Macabre TV show
* New Elvira clips for the LCD, hopefully teasing & "titillating" the player
* Most importantly, Lyman on the code. That can't be stressed enough.

You can tell this was a passion project that Nordman & crew put their hearts into. Looks like a great game to me. You can nitpick these games all you want, but the total package & theme looks well integrated. Looking forward to playing one in a very dark room. That's two straight thumbs up Stern releases from me

#2130 4 years ago

I vote E3. Mostly because the show will probably be dead soon (again)

#2131 4 years ago

Come on....if Dennis says 3lvira...it's gotta be that!

#2132 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Studio Title, not a cornerstone and the client wanted it out for Halloween. Hard to argue with that logic.

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Come on....if Dennis says 3lvira...it's gotta be that!

We don’t take orders from him!

HE WORKS FOR US!!!!

#2134 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Looks fun to play, but I wouldn't drop $8k on one. And the LE/SLE offers very little extra value for the money, in my opinion.

Well you DO get those god awful red and lavender "artblades" (i.e. wallpaper) that clash hideously with the PF.

Is everybody at Stern completely color blind these days?

Other than that you get a serviceable PF layout with Lyman's great ruleset. That's a win right there!

#2135 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Wasn't Munsters and Beatles like a month apart?

#2136 4 years ago

Looks good to me and got my order in. Elvira has always been a big part of why I play Pinball.

That said I cannot read negative reviews on Pinside anymore as opinions are like ____ right?

It's got to be better than EATPM right?

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

pay my mortgage for a year or get the le?
hahaha, hard pass on this one.

For me it's more like pay my mortgage for 3 years...

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

For me it's more like pay my mortgage for 3 years...

Yeah, with this purchase I'll have more money in my pinball collection then my house.
But, I own my house so I can play PINBALL!!!!
The only downer is... I'll soon have to stop buying pinballs due to lack of space and save up to buy a bigger house, so I can buy MORE PINBALLS!!!!!

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I prefer to ask others what they think and base my decision on that.

As long as it's MY opinion buddy... then we're good.

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

come play. Life is good.

Finally some sensible shoes.

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Wish I had your kind of money to only have it for a month and then get rid of it.

Calm down, put yer shit back on bro.

He's saying 1 month ETA not 1 month lifespan.

I think.

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

As long as it's MY opinion buddy... then we're good.

Yes, I think you've said that online now for 20+ years... Come to Expo and I'll take you to Superdawg for a Chicago-style hotdog!

#2143 4 years ago

This game looks really fun! I can’t wait to play one, and also no plans to own one or any new game from stern or JJP... #playfieldFails

#2144 4 years ago

I'm excited to play this one.

#2145 4 years ago

Anyone know when we are going to see gameplay video? I seem to remember hearing Deadflip is doing one, but don't recall when...

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

It's got to be better than EATPM right?

HEY, I loved my EATPM. Had it for almost 6 years and everybody loved it. It's a great system 11 game.

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from Vongoosewink:

Anyone know when we are going to see gameplay video? I seem to remember hearing Deadflip is doing one, but don't recall when...

25th

#2148 4 years ago

$7999 for a Promium . That's a lot of coins for that. Yikes ! have to pass.

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone have an idea about what they do with the movie clips?

They put them on the screen.

As prominently (?) announced, they filmed their own new Elvira Clips with her, wich is an industry first.

If they do a great job with Elvira announcing modes and taunting the player, that could be very exciting.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Wasn't Munsters and Beatles like a month apart?

For some reason people still struggle with the idea that Stern is producing different product lines.. even after Stern repeatedly told everyone the strategy

just like SW The Pin came out JUST before JP2

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/43?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.