pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 79.
#2051 4 years ago

Where's the dude who said in the JP2 forum that Stern has a law that says no subways, and was schooled by KME. He must feel extra schooled now haha

#2052 4 years ago

I like that they used an opto spinner, let er rip!!

#2053 4 years ago

It does not give me much confidence when distributors are saying they "heard" clear coat is fixed, but then also only accept non-refundable or contestable forms of payment.

"I heard clear cost issue is resloved. payment Cash, check or bankwire"

I think it would be smart for Stern to actually issue a statement IF they have found the root cause of the issue and have addressed it.
From the general consensus I am getting the idea that lots like what they see (besides the price) but are not buying until they have confirmed the clearcoat/pf issues are resolved.

#2054 4 years ago

I'm not buying anything from Stern until they acknowledge the clear coat issue.

Pretty sure stern leaked this pin. How do they have an official follow up video so quick. To take your mind off playfield issues. Genius move by Stern. I am not falling for it however...

Rest of the sheep can buy a this and complain once their playfields crumble...

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Operators are getting them less than 7800. But yes, probably a 2k differential between whatever an op pays for a prem to a pro. However, I doubt that makes or breaks a pin purchase for an op. Most of that 2k is made up in the residual value of the pin if/when they sell it. It'll earn the same and probably depreciate the same.

Actually it does make or break purchases for an op. Having no pro on this game is a real bummer for operators.

#2056 4 years ago

To a say the problem is fixed they are admitting there was/is a problem. They wont do that. Pony up

#2057 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

The house per the video has a motorized diverter, so the ball can come out to the left or right I believe. The entry to the house feeds either the diverter or if the stairs are up, the subway. So, three possible directions I believe. The top turning is akin to MM towers moving...awarded on completuon of some mode I suspect. The house also appears to have numerous lighting modes with individual LEDs in the windows...something MMs castle didnt have.
So I'd say the house is at least on par with the castle, and a pretty good main toy.

Engineeringwise yes. And the Mansion looks cool with the lighting...
But the Castle seems do much more intuitive and satisfieing -> from what I see "now".

I mean:
"Oh theres a Castle, let's shoot it! I get the drawbridge down, hit the gate and then the castle "explodes"! - Yeah, did it!"

Compared to:
"Oh theres a mansion, let's go in. I shoot it... and the ball Returns left,... right,... center... Oh and there's a small thingy that spins indicating something."

Don'r get me wrong, I definately want to play this and it looks awesome, the mansion toy just doesn't open up to me yet.

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not really...Pros always have features removed. There's no Pro here in any form. Prem & LE are more or less in line with normal Prem & LE pricing....Signature is just the LE with different bling.

Well, I guess we’d have to have stern provide an official definition to determine that. Until then, I’ve always know the tier system of pro, premium and LE to have different art, different prices, differing features and differing numbers of production. This title meets all of this criteria, maybe to a differing degree but it’s there.

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It does not give me much confidence when distributors are saying they "heard" clear coat is fixed, but then also only accept non-refundable or contestable forms of payment.
"I heard clear cost issue is resloved. payment Cash, check or bankwire"
I think it would be smart for Stern to actually issue a statement IF they have found the root cause of the issue and have addressed it.
From the general consensus I am getting the idea that lots like what they see (besides the price) but are not buying until they have confirmed the clearcoat/pf issues are resolved.

I saw that too. Lmao “heard”. Sure I take your word. So that distributor actually puts his name on the line if the issues really aren’t resolved....good for them.

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Actually it does make or break purchases for an op. Having no pro on this game is a real bummer for operators.

Why? Not being difficult, but not my experience and I know several operators in my area. The barcades always have prems or limiteds in my area. Even the dive bar has a gold limited lotr. So please explain.

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Why? Not being difficult, but not my experience and I know several operators in my area. The barcades always have prems or limiteds in my area. Even the dive bar has a gold limited lotr. So please explain.

Higher break even point... The end.

#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Well, I guess we’d have to have stern provide an official definition to determine that. Until then, I’ve always know the tier system of pro, premium and LE to have different art, different prices, differing features and differing numbers of production. This title meets all of this criteria, maybe to a differing degree but it’s there.

Art differences aside,
Pro has always been = Features removed
Premium has always been = Full featured
LE has always been = Full featured + extra bling like shaker motors, backglass, color armor, etc.

This fits the normal parameters of Premium & LE. There's no features-removed version...no Pro.

#2063 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'll bet most huo owners are going to mylar the heck out of that area in front of the trunk stand-ups. the playfield is going to take a lot of abuse from that launched ball there

Notice the curved top of the VUK appears to be unsupported on the sides too? Like what it looks like after every scoop fails... wonder how that is supposed to hold up? Especially since it will be kicking the balls hard to make the fly...

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Not really, when you consider the inherent value of games these days.

An op I know is routinely selling off 5 year old equipment for $1000-1500 less than he paid for it, regardless of pro/prem/LE. His break-even point is really long before his coin take reaches the purchase price of the machine.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

For me personally a premium makes no more coin drop than a pro, it just doesn't matter to the casual player. I have premiums on route and the cost has never been justified. Resale on a premium is typically not 2k over the pro on a used routed machine. Now I know every location and market is different and I respect that.

The cash and earnings potential tied up in more expensive machines is hard to justify for many of us. I agree that resale has to be a factor here, but it's also the unknown and speculative used market. Coin drop is more of a constant in my experience.

#2066 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not really, when you consider the inherent value of games these days.
An op I know is routinely selling off 5 year old equipment for $1000-1500 less than he paid for it, regardless of pro/prem/LE. His break-even point is really long before his coin take reaches the purchase price of the machine.

yeah but a higher end LE/Premium has a greater risk of higher depreciation rate than a pro. Higher price points compared to the norm.. and routed game for a game that was aimed at the picky collector.

Pros are more in the groove and have a nice 'floor' for resale these days. When even a beater 5yr old stern star wars can be sold for over 4k... and you were buying at ~5k... it's way less risky. A beat LE is gonna have a far greater drop before its floor is reached.

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

yeah but a higher end LE/Premium has a greater risk of higher depreciation rate than a pro. Higher price points compared to the norm.. and routed game for a game that was aimed at the picky collector.
Pros are more in the groove and have a nice 'floor' for resale these days. When even a better 5yr old stern star wars can be sold for over 4k... and you were buying at ~5k... it's way less risky. A beat LE is gonna have a far greater drop before it a floor is reached.

All true in my experience.

#2068 4 years ago

LE looks very nice but its about $2k more over the premium and the only differences are cosmetic. The LE should come with a topper like Batman 66 LE considering the $700 price jump over typical Stern LE pricing.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Art differences aside,
Pro has always been = Features removed
Premium has always been = Full featured
LE has always been = Full featured + extra bling like shaker motors, backglass, color armor, etc.
This fits the normal parameters of Premium & LE. There's no features-removed version...no Pro.

You are not not going to change my mind, this is different labels and higher prices, period.

Don’t mind me, I’m just mad I can’t justify one of these for my route, that’s all.

#2070 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Yup. I mix and match all models, but in general won’t operate a prem/Le unless it is simply because I know and expect to have home fairly soon for my home collection. But everyone’s goals and economics are different. It’s always badass to see Prem and LE out there.

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

For me personally a premium makes no more coin drop than a pro, it just doesn't matter to the casual player. I have premiums on route and the cost has never been justified. Resale on a premium is typically not 2k over the pro on a used routed machine. Now I know every location and market is different and I respect that.
The cash and earnings potential tied up in more expensive machines is hard to justify for many of us. I agree that resale has to be a factor here, but it's also the unknown and speculative used market. Coin drop is more of a constant in my experience.

Thank you....makes sense. In my case, the barcades I frequent tend to cater to the pinball enthusiast, not just the drunk college kid, so maybe that's why I see more Prem/LE's.

#2072 4 years ago

My 2 cents, The game play looks great but the art work could be alot better. I'm glad I bought my MBSE now. I wish CGC would make a SSSE

#2073 4 years ago

"Stay Away". Ironically, that's exactly what I'll be doing until the playfield clear issues are resolved.
96cd26d9ffa61dd5ee8478b4701b41b579c064fa (resized).jpg96cd26d9ffa61dd5ee8478b4701b41b579c064fa (resized).jpg

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Stay Away. Ironically, that's exactly what I'll be doing until the playfield clear issues are resolved.[quoted image]

That's not ironic. It's just a thing.

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I’m just mad I can’t justify one of these for my route, that’s all.

same brother

#2076 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

You are not not going to change my mind, this is different labels and higher prices, period.
Don’t mind me, I’m just mad I can’t justify one of these for my route, that’s all.

Not trying to change your mind. I'm trying to give you facts. The labels on this game are literally the same as always...no Pro exists this time. Fact = Pro is a cheaper, feature-stripped model. There's no Pro.

#2077 4 years ago

I was considering ordering an LE but then realized this game is $200 more then my Pirates LE which has substantially more in it. Just can't justify the price Stern is asking for the LE. However, a premium may be in my future once I see more gameplay video and ultimately play it.

#2078 4 years ago

House ramp catching right garcoil when lifts?

#2079 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not trying to change your mind. I'm trying to give you facts. The labels on this game are literally the same as always...no Pro exists this time. Fact = Pro is a cheaper, feature-stripped model. There's no Pro.

I said it already but, this version should be the pro with the missing drop targets, the Premium with the drops and the LE with the bling. Stern has just lowered the bar with the mono target and people think individual standups are good. This should really be the bar for a Pro not a special edition run.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

House ramp catching right garcoil when lifts?

I noticed that too and now that’s all I see when I watch the video.

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I said it already but, this version should be the pro with the missing drop targets, the Premium with the drops and the LE with the bling. Stern has just lowered the bar with the mono target and people think individual standups are good. This should really be the bar for a Pro not a special edition run.

I think there is way too much stuff in here for a pro. The pro would probably replace the stand ups with mono targets, remove the lifting crate, remove the turning mansion turret and remove the subway.

#2082 4 years ago

All this Elvira talk has me watching her silly movies on YouTube

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

noticed the larger start button interesting to see if that will be normal going forward.

Taken down?

#2084 4 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Does anyone know if Pinstadiums will be compatible with this game?

Geez, I made a joke so what the fuck's with all the downvotes? Pinstadium fanboys?

#2085 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

All this Elvira talk has me watching her silly movies on YouTube

#2086 4 years ago

I want to purchase this game but I think I’ll wait for some actual player feedback before pulling the trigger. I was going for a LE but now I’m thinking SE and dropping a shaker in it. I bet the cabinet is already wired for it to cut costs. Tweaking the wire harness would take time and effort. I doubt Stern changed the harness between versions.

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not ironic. It's just a thing.

One of these days they might make a Futurama pin... (j/k I know it'll never happen if it hasn't already happened)

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I want to purchase this game but I think I’ll wait for some actual player feedback before pulling the trigger.

Crazy talk.

#2089 4 years ago

So, just curious, is the bearded dude on the backglass a caricature of Dennis Nordman?

a5c1d556d24f8eb9b33040a43979d2178f6fea79 (resized).jpga5c1d556d24f8eb9b33040a43979d2178f6fea79 (resized).jpg
#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I'm not buying anything from Stern until they acknowledge the clear coat issue.
Pretty sure stern leaked this pin. How do they have an official follow up video so quick. To take your mind off playfield issues. Genius move by Stern. I am not falling for it however...
Rest of the sheep can buy a this and complain once their playfields crumble...

Sadly new pin fever is a real affliction and there are plenty of people who will drop money on whatever new pin Stern crank out, regardless of any issues or reduction in toys, etc.

When Jaws, Karate Kid, TMNT, or whatever else Stern comes out with in a couple of months time all will be forgotten, again.

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The SLE feels like desperation from Stern its like a go fund me to get them over this playfield hit, asking their strongest supporters for a 5K donation.

I have always said LE games are for fools only that said I would rather pay $15,000 for a run of 50 over paying $12,500 for a run of 500

#2092 4 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Geez, I made a joke so what the fuck's with all the downvotes? Pinstadium fanboys?

No, not fanboys. Probably because that joke is tired from showing up in every thread on pinside. (and for the record, I didn't downvote you)

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Crazy talk.

I prefer to ask others what they think and base my decision on that.

#2094 4 years ago

Oh my God TORGO is on the backglass!

#2095 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh my God TORGO is on the backglass!

The master will be pleased

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think there is way too much stuff in here for a pro. The pro would probably replace the stand ups with mono targets, remove the lifting crate, remove the turning mansion turret and remove the subway.

I agree that is what Stern would do with the Pro. My point was this is what should be considered the base model. The current pro level feels stripped out for the price.

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was considering ordering an LE but then realized this game is $200 more then my Pirates LE which has substantially more in it. Just can't justify the price Stern is asking for the LE. However, a premium may be in my future once I see more gameplay video and ultimately play it.

At least EHOH has Elvira fully involved in the assets, even filming new footage, a first for pinball.

JJP's Pirates doesn't have jack shit for assets.

#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I agree that is what Stern would do with the Pro. My point was this is what should be considered the base model. The current pro level feels stripped out for the price.

Why don't we wait to see how it plays?

Also some people prefer standups over drop targets depending on their placement/angle. Some people hate the drops on TWD considering how vital they are and how punishing they can be. Firepower is better with standups than drop targets. And for the record I do love drop targets. But sometimes stand ups work better (and that's without getting into the space constraints underneath the playfield)

#2099 4 years ago

here is the longer video - game looks like fun, love the music - hopefully that is what is in the game

#2100 4 years ago

Anyone have an idea about what they do with the movie clips?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
10,000 (Firm)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
12,222 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/42?hl=beebl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.