pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 79.
#2001 4 years ago

The VUK is the ray gun and player controlled. So maybe there will be timed shots or something cool?

#2002 4 years ago

My biggest complaint is no drop targets by the trunk.

But hey - at least there isn’t a mono target!

#2003 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

The VUK is the ray gun and player controlled. So maybe there will be timed shots or something cool?

I do like the AC/DC Cannon but it covers so much ground and has strategy where you shoot it. Playfields appear a little tougher back then. Hopefully they can come up with some kind of timing to make it interesting.

#2004 4 years ago

Not bad.....If I buy this one I'd go Premium because I just can't justify an extra $1600 for what you get on an LE model. Definitely going to wait to see gameplay. The days of ordering blindly on any pinball machine are over. These things are just too damn expensive!

#2005 4 years ago

This game is loaded!!! I think the only thing this pin is missing is some drop targets. The playfied artwork is beautiful, but the premium cabinet art is a little weak and I really dont care for the trans-light. I imagine with all those inserts and modes this game will be plenty deep enough. Plus the callouts and video clips will just be icing on the cake.

Overall it's a very nice effort by Stern and its definitely on the top of my list for games I'm looking to purchase.

#2006 4 years ago

Great video. THIS is the proper angle to show off a playfield. Not birds eye view.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 1.01.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 1.01.09 PM (resized).png
#2007 4 years ago

Art looks awesome!! And look at all those inserts and variable shots, this game is gonna be a blast

The End... OR IS IT???

#2008 4 years ago

Damn it cool whites again? Are JP2's coming with cool or warm white GI?

#2009 4 years ago

Kind of interested in the make your own b film trick they are doing for end of game.

#2010 4 years ago

The more i watch the longer video, the more i like it. Lots to do, and plenty of shots. And some nice toys. Need drop targets tho like many have mentioned, and do not like the duck and swan right near the flippers

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I'm going to ignore the negativity on this. I tend to like the games other people rip on (Hobbit, ACNC, Munsters) so I now have high hopes for this one. My observations:
- The idea of rotating Deadheads to bash is pretty cool, I hope that's the case. The skull could also tilt back to catch a ball in its mouth
- Tons of inserts...this thing is going to be a mode monster, could be the deepest ruleset ever. The Crypt Cleaner alone has 4 levels, 3 phases, 5 freak fryer settings, and something gone wild? Five items to collect that look like homages to Scared Stiff: Skeleton Key, Laboratory, Dagger, and two other items I can't make out...also 6 different jackpots
- The left ramp is not continuous, the trunk lid has 2 plastic tracks on it, so the trunk lid most likely lifts straight up rather than tilts back
- The mansion looks like it is made of 2 separate pieces, there is a split between the left side (where the drop target guards the basement) and the rest of the mansion...with all the empty room on the right side of the playfield and a flat metal piece there, I wouldn't be surprised if the large mansion piece slides to the right to reveal the interior of the mansion
- The crypt kicker definitely fires the ball across the playfield into the trunk
Looks like an image of Drac in the left outlane with the words "Look Up", another Scared Stiff reference but maybe also a kickback?
- I count 6 images of Elvira in the game (not all are full body images however)
- Love some of the humor being used..."Elvira's Back Door", "Beware! Drain Monsters Suck...Like Giant Leeches!" the "36-28-36" measurements
I think this game is going to be awesome!!!

nope on the trunk ,fires just to the targets

#2012 4 years ago

I hope to play it at Expo this year. But in my opinion, the premium is where it’s at. I don’t see the value in the LE/SLE. Premium with some art blades and custom rails that I’m sure they’ll sell, (if you even want them) and it’s good to go. Plus you can always get Ms. Peterson to sign your translite, apron etc.

#2013 4 years ago

How long until we get our first cheap mod post?

#2014 4 years ago

A premium with some munsters side rails would be cool

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I spy "The Giant Gila Monster" and "The Attack of the Giant Leeches" among other movie titles...
....so basically this is an MST3K pin?
See that angle could get me interested in this, more so than drooling over someone my mom's age.

Cassandra may be your mom's age, but Elvira isn't, she's a character. How old is Batman? How about all those wrinkled old men rock stars? Are they better to look at?

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I hope to play it at Expo this year. But in my opinion, the premium is where it’s at. I don’t see the value in the LE/SLE. Premium with some art blades and custom rails that I’m sure they’ll sell, (if you even want them) and it’s good to go. Plus you can always get Ms. Peterson to sign your translite, apron etc.

Not buying an LE but 400 is the sweet spot as this may be a title that will retain value.

With Lyman on the code, demand will keep growing.

Expect the LE's will sell out pretty quick.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

There is a longer video on YouTube...

noticed the larger start button interesting to see if that will be normal going forward.

#2018 4 years ago

I’d still like to know why the playfield is so blue. It clashes with everything else.

Reminds me of MB, but MB was consistently blue so it goes together. Why is this red on the outside but blue inside?

Contrast with SS. Note the overall red tone and good detail without going overboard and consistency with the cabinet and backglass.

Scared StiffScared Stiff

The art itself seems fine overall. The “promium” side art is vastly inferior to the LE mostly due to color and readability. The color scheme is throwing me off I guess.

I think the digital artwork is actually doing pinball a disservice because the restrictions of screenprinting lead to less busy art. Less is more.

Won’t comment on the gameplay until I try it. It’s probably fun. I hope to god they give it the same cheeky and fun feeling as the previous games.

#2019 4 years ago

I think the Haunted house is very cool with the mechs and changing lights and almost looks like the Haunted House from the backglass of ..... Haunted House. ...

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

How long until we get our first cheap mod post?

I hope that haunted house is built strong enough to support the many pounds of fake spiderwebs and ghouls its going to be subjected to.

#2021 4 years ago

Hopefully LE decals will be available at some point to reskin the premiums if wanted. I'm not personally bothered by the premium cab as my machines are crammed together to where I dont see the side art anyway. My CFTBL and SS are the only two games who's side art is exposed to the rest of the house.

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Cassandra may be your mom's age, but Elvira isn't, she's a character. How old is Batman? How about all those wrinkled old men rock stars? Are they better to look at?

Not to mention, Elvira is kinda like KISS, and not just because they've had careers that far outlasted any reasonable expectation.

That many pounds of makeup hides a lot of age-related sins. I'm sure Cassandra still looks great in full Elvira drag. Just like Paul Stanley!

Quoted from rai:

noticed the larger start button interesting to see if that will be normal going forward.

That's been on a few games already dude.

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Prem $7999, so what does that translate in the real world?

9 Thousand F'ing pounds!

#2024 4 years ago

Good lord....the premium is $7999, the LE is $9599 and the SE is 'call for price'.

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

There is a longer video on YouTube...

That's what she said.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

noticed the larger start button interesting to see if that will be normal going forward

Since Star Wars I believe

#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

9 Thousand F'ing pounds!

That's pretty heavy!

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My initial impressions are kinda mixed. No idea why they are air balling across the playfield, it adds nothing. It feels like they are actively trying to minimize mechs but appear loaded. With no drop targets for interactive stuff you get pops, the lifting trunk (I do like that), two drop entrances to the subway, the lift ramp to the house, spinner, and the airball dimple maker. The gargoyles are super simple toy so I don't really count them. Honestly this is what I think we should get on a pro, a premium should have all drops instead of standups and an LE should come with extra bling.

gonna help add to that stern playfield dimpling we have all come to love!

#2029 4 years ago

Game looks great and has lots of toys. Been wanting to get a MBR and considering it's 2K less, this is a tough sell. But will Elvira attract more players on location?

#2030 4 years ago

Wish they would add a pro down the road. Guess their research said we would all pay 7800 to put one in our gamerooms. Cant imagine ops making money.

#2031 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Wish they would add a pro down the road. Guess their research said we would all pay 7800 to put one in our gamerooms. Cant imagine ops making money.

Operators are getting them less than 7800. But yes, probably a 2k differential between whatever an op pays for a prem to a pro. However, I doubt that makes or breaks a pin purchase for an op. Most of that 2k is made up in the residual value of the pin if/when they sell it. It'll earn the same and probably depreciate the same.

#2032 4 years ago

this would look great next to my ACNC! only if they've fixed the PF mess! LOL .... (they would be insane not to!)

I love it: "It's only a game!"

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Hopefully LE decals will be available at some point to reskin the premiums if wanted.

I don't think they've ever done that before. Why would they start now?

Unless they release an "Elvira Cabinet" Premium some point down the road...

#2034 4 years ago

Does anyone know if Pinstadiums will be compatible with this game?

Relax! I made a joke I thought was funny because I don't live on here.

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Does anyone know if Pinstadiums will be compatible with this game?

It's a spike 2 system with a power outlet in the backbox, why wouldn't it?

#2036 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I don't think they've ever done that before. Why would they start now?
Unless they release an "Elvira Cabinet" Premium some point down the road...

I'm admittedly ignorant on NIB sterns, having only purchased acdc in the past 5 years. Are you not able to purchase cabinet decals as a spare part?

#2037 4 years ago

Impressions after watching the video:

-Is that a blacklight trick on the ramp in front of the house? There's a ghostly face that sometimes appears on it...I'm guessing there's a blacklight LED hidden above the front door? ...that's really cool.

-I like the trunk lid on the ramp...that's very "Nordman" to have something different on a ramp than the usual return.

-The Deadhead shot/mech is cool. I dig any change-state shot...dig that sometimes it's a bash toy, sometimes it's a scoop.

This is a very B/W-esque game from Stern, with all of its well thought out and functional toys & features. Looking forward to playing this, actually....last few games I haven't even bothered to go try.

#2038 4 years ago

Can someone explain "Gar-goil"?

#2039 4 years ago

Probably no room for drop targets, with vuk to close to stand-ups on right and the coffin lock area behind the left side stand-ups.

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

Maybe they're lady gargoyles? Ya know, like how they said "girl" in old movies? Goil.

#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Will you guys please stop trying to critique the art based on a small, blurry, low res picture?

Can we critique it when the high rez pics show pooling of art/clear at the posts?

#2042 4 years ago

Love the subway - is the only entrance via the deadhead or does it enter in the basement or drop target shot too? Stern hasn't had a multi-entrance subway since....ever.

Wish some of the standup banks were drops, especially the coffin targets, that would have been a good thing for them to add to differentiate the LE/SLE from the Premium.

But overall this is the most B/W-style game Stern has made in a very long time. Looking forward to playing it.

#2043 4 years ago

Uh... somehow this game looks packed with small Little toys, but I don't get what the actual Mansion (main toy) does.

So left there's a stand up to... the Orbit?
Then you have a Lifting ramp entrance that leads either into the house, wich mainly functions as a diverter, or unter the staircase where... who knows rhat happens.
Then the roof can turn... for whatever purpose.

I guess a lot of Engineering went into there but I really don't get what this is for?
So, quite the opposite as with MM Castle.

Not trying to troll. I think I like it but that main toys purpose I just don't get yet.

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Is that a blacklight trick on the ramp in front of the house? There's a ghostly face that sometimes appears on it...I'm guessing there's a blacklight LED hidden above the front door? ...that's really cool.

If you're referring to the face on the ramp, I agree. It's a cool effect.

Face.pngFace.png

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

I think it's a play on the word "coil".

#2046 4 years ago

Looks like a fun game with a surprisingly lot of stuff going on. I wish the layout was a little more creative than just putting everything at the back of the PF. But my pinball buying days are over. Im poor

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

They did, they just renamed the pro, premium and LE, same order, but different tags and higher prices. Premium is pro, LE is premium and Signature is LE they are scared stiff or embarrassed to list the price.

#2048 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Uh... somehow this game looks packed with small Little toys, but I don't get what the actual Mansion (main toy) does.
Then you have a Lifting ramp entrance that leads either into the house, wich mainly functions as a diverter, or unter the staircase where... who knows rhat happens.
I guess a lot of Engineering went into there but I really don't get what this is for?
Not trying to troll. I think I like it but that main toys purpose I just don't get yet.

I'm kinda with you on this one. It appears that it really doesn't do anything. I just hides a diverter. The top spins to show you 1 of 4 sides....

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The house per the video has a motorized diverter, so the ball can come out to the left or right I believe. The entry to the house feeds either the diverter or if the stairs are up, the subway. So, three possible directions I believe. The top turning is akin to MM towers moving...awarded on completuon of some mode I suspect. The house also appears to have numerous lighting modes with individual LEDs in the windows...something MMs castle didnt have.

So I'd say the house is at least on par with the castle, and a pretty good main toy.

#2050 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

They did, they just renamed the pro, premium and LE, same order, but different tags and higher prices. Premium is pro, LE is premium and Signature is LE they are scared stiff or embarrassed to list the price.

Not really...Pros always have features removed. There's no Pro here in any form. Prem & LE are more or less in line with normal Prem & LE pricing....Signature is just the LE with different bling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/41?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.