pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 79.
#1951 4 years ago

Only thing i wish it had was some cool unique ramps like Dennis has done on many/most of his pins..these are pretty plain and nothing really unique other than the trunk/ramp lifting up to capture a ball.

#1952 4 years ago

Greg Freres was kind enough to spend some time talking about EHoH with me on the newest episode of the Stern Insider Pinball Podcast. Really good stuff, thanks Greg!

https://sternpinball.com/stern-insider/

CC797558-D6EE-4967-A5EA-3CCAD1FB9650 (resized).pngCC797558-D6EE-4967-A5EA-3CCAD1FB9650 (resized).png
#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Only thing i wish it had was some cool unique ramps like Dennis has done on many/most of his pins..these are pretty plain and nothing really unique other than the trunk/ramp lifting up to capture a ball.

But they do slow the ball down to a consistent slower speed.

#1954 4 years ago

Better quality pics from sterns FB.
FB_IMG_1568820431830 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820431830 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820448161 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820448161 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820437621 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820437621 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820443668 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820443668 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820454076 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820454076 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820461573 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820461573 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820468422 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1568820468422 (resized).jpg

#1955 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If past trailers are any indication the music in the trailer is probably in the game.

Well, that's boring. Was hoping for some music from her time period

#1956 4 years ago

I spy "The Giant Gila Monster" and "The Attack of the Giant Leeches" among other movie titles...

....so basically this is an MST3K pin?

See that angle could get me interested in this, more so than drooling over someone my mom's age.

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I spy "The Giant Gila Monster" and "The Attack of the Giant Leeches" among other movie titles...
....so basically this is an MST3K pin?
See that angle could get me interested in this, more so than drooling over someone my mom's age.

Plus MANOS, The Brain That Wouldn't Die, and a few others.

Yeah, the cheesy old movie angle is what has me really interested.

As close to an MST3K pin as we're ever likely to get.

#1958 4 years ago

Trailer didn't blow my socks off, the music is the biggest disappointment...

I wonder if this was missing the Elvira brand what would people be saying?

Also SS crate > HOH crate?

#1959 4 years ago

I gotta say I hate the rubber ducky and swan inflatables down by the flippers. I'm sure I'm missing something but when does the ground change to liquid as the house and crypt are on solid ground but somewhere it transitions to a red river of blood with a rubber ducky and swan? Don't get me wrong as I will be buying this game but those image choices seem to take away from the "House of Horrors" mood they should be trying to establish. While I know it's a play full theme I think that takes it a bit to far off course. Especially right by the flippers where your looking most of the time. I get to complain a little for my 8k right?

#1960 4 years ago

That target immediately to the right of the left ramp looks like it will snap right off. Does it have some light panel behind it?

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looks like stand ups on the sides, not drop targets.

stand-ups on the pro, ermm… I mean [premium], and drop targets on the cash grab LE and SLE's?

#1962 4 years ago

itsonlyagame.pngitsonlyagame.png

#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

stand-ups on the pro, ermm… I mean [premium], and drop targets on the cash grab LE and SLE's?

All models have the same playfield

#1964 4 years ago

Game looks fun, but the backglass art could be better. And why does every art package now need to include the full color spectrum?

#1965 4 years ago

There is a longer video on YouTube...

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Nice! Easily the best pre-release video we've seen from Stern. Lighting looks great.

#1967 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

No drops at all down the playfield sides! Guess the rumour of drops either side wasn’t true or it changed at some point to stand ups. Watching the game play trailer again a few more times I’m still not sure what the point of that VUK on the right hand side is, those targets will be getting hit easily off the flippers.

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I'm sure I'm missing something but when does the ground change to liquid as the house and crypt are on solid ground but somewhere it transitions to a red river of blood with a rubber ducky and swan?

Some of you guys take this whole "world under glass" thing a bit too literally.

Quoted from Pinstein:

I get to complain a little for my 8k right?

Sure! I complain for free.

#1969 4 years ago

LE is $600 more than a JP LE.
Awesome!

#1970 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No drops at all!

There's a drop under the left side of the house.

#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice! Easily the best pre-release video we've seen from Stern. Lighting looks great.

I really liked the house lighting during the haunted mode.

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

There's a drop under the left side of the house.

I was referring to someone’s previous post about no drops on the sides.

#1973 4 years ago

Looks fun to play, but I wouldn't drop $8k on one. And the LE/SLE offers very little extra value for the money, in my opinion.

#1974 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Every time that center ramp raises, it touches the gargoyle to the right and picks it up a little. Probably tweakable. At 2:08 in video

Lighting looks great. Can't wait to play it.

#1975 4 years ago

Oh neat! Tim Kitzrow has callouts!

Wasn't sure if that was Joe Flaherty at the start of the video, I wonder if it's Tim?

#1976 4 years ago

I know JP and Elvira 3 are two completely different games but so far I like what I'm seeing with Elvira 3 more. Artwork style looks better (especially the backglass artwork), far more 3D molds and ones that are more details, more interactive features, and likely a far deeper ruleset with Lyman on the code.

#1977 4 years ago

Looks great. video answers all the questions can't wait to play this

#1978 4 years ago

Will these be at expo and when will they start to ship. Premium first?

#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Looks fun to play, but I wouldn't drop $8k on one. And the LE/SLE offers very little extra value for the money, in my opinion.

Agreed.

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Innovation sucks in pinball and if that's what you want, find a new hobby, you aren't going find your "awe inspired" in this one. I'm surprised you haven't figured that out in a quarter century. Clearly, the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball is not for you.

Lmao....let's all go back to flipperless bingos then. I think sometimes you argue just to see what sticks.

#1981 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Lmao....let's all go back to flipperless bingos then. I think sometimes you argue just to see what sticks.

I don't consider Bingos to be pinball. So let's go back to the 30's flipperless pinball.

#1982 4 years ago

The game looks like it will play pretty cool. Just not digging the colors or something..Is it worth 8k? Depends on how well it shoots I guess...

#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I don't consider Bingos to be pinball. So let's go back to the 30's flipperless pinball.

The first time saw electromechanical pop bumpers it was positively awe-inspiring. My world was forged that day.

Come on Stern!!! Step it up!!!

#1984 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Domestic LEs ship first

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I honestly have no clue who the hell Elvira is aside from pinball machines...but after seeing this video and pics, I'm interested in buying.
I love horror themes and I'm a sucker for black and red.
Anyone have a distributor they recommend for the best price? I think I bought from JJ at Game Exchange last time. All went well with them.

Great! Get your $10,000 cash ready!!

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks like LE's are shipping first. Going on the line next week. I was told I would have mine in 2-3 weeks.

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Innovation sucks in pinball and if that's what you want, find a new hobby, you aren't going find your "awe inspired" in this one. I'm surprised you haven't figured that out in a quarter century. Clearly, the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball is not for you.

Wow!! Good thing the guys who created the classic B/W pins of the 90's didnt have your attitude.
This new pin looks like a winner as is, but there is ALWAYS room for new ideas and innovations.

#1988 4 years ago

Prem $7999, so what does that translate in the real world?

#1989 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Looks like LE's are shipping first. Going on the line next week. I was told I would have mine in 2-3 weeks.

Wow, that’s fast. I’m going to get a premium.

#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lyman is the right programmer to put on this game. IGN article mentions that there will be clips from 40 movies plus custom created Elvira clips just for the pinball machine. I'm sure he's going to create another deep, unique, and layered ruleset with this game.

It seems like Lyman has a lot of time to devote to this pin, the last new game he did was 2016. Granted he's Done a lot with BM66 as well as AcDc but the point hopefully he has fleshed out this pin a good bit in that time as well.

#1991 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Prem $7999, so what does that translate in the real world?

Heard 7700

#1992 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:...why does every art package now need to include the full color spectrum?

Because if it was a limited palette people would ask where their money is going and complain? I kid!

The honest reason for broader palettes is digital printing allows full cmyk with little limitation compared to the old days of silkscreening... blame technology... if you want more detail you go digital and with it get the bonus of more colors produced... I think Ghostbusters premiums were the first to go that route so i’ll take some blame... that said my only complaint with the switch is that I miss a solid black trap pass that silkscreen gave.

Now get back to praising the teams hard work on this project!

#1993 4 years ago

My initial impressions are kinda mixed. No idea why they are air balling across the playfield, it adds nothing. It feels like they are actively trying to minimize mechs but appear loaded. With no drop targets for interactive stuff you get pops, the lifting trunk (I do like that), two drop entrances to the subway, the lift ramp to the house, spinner, and the airball dimple maker. The gargoyles are super simple toy so I don't really count them. Honestly this is what I think we should get on a pro, a premium should have all drops instead of standups and an LE should come with extra bling.

#1994 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Every time that center ramp raises, it touches the gargoyle to the right and picks it up a little. Probably tweakable. At 2:08 in video
Lighting looks great. Can't wait to play it.

I noticed this too. Funny that they wouldn't fix/tweak this before shooting the video.

#1995 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My initial impressions are kinda mixed. No idea why they are air balling across the playfield, it adds nothing. It feels like they are actively trying to minimize mechs but appear loaded. With no drop targets for interactive stuff you get pops, the lifting trunk (I do like that), two drop entrances to the subway, the lift ramp to the house, spinner, and the airball dimple maker. The gargoyles are super simple toy so I don't really count them. Honestly this is what I think we should get on a pro, a premium should have all drops instead of standups and an LE should come with extra bling.

Good summation...similar to my thoughts as well. The side VUK seems pointless as an airball launcher. Drops would have been nice.

#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Good summation...similar to my thoughts as well. The side VUK seems pointless as an airball launcher. Drops would have been nice.

Crater inducer = added feature! I have no idea why that would be fun either, it doesn't even shoot into pops.

#1997 4 years ago

BG looks much better with the higher res pics. Overall it looks cool. Next step is to see it and play it. Sure was hoping it might show up here, I was told probably not, but maybe now that it is officially launched...

http://pinballmadness.com

Its really the price that's the killer. $8,000 and then I get to get stiffed (get it??) by almost 8% sales tax on top of that. So, $8,600.

#1998 4 years ago

That's just absurd. Nothing to justify another cost increase as far as what they are putting into these games. I was seriously considering if i could purchase at $7300 but another $400 without a topper or shaker or anything? ughhh

#1999 4 years ago

the longer video really gives you a good sense of how the machine will play. for the most part I like it. the lighting effects on the mansion look great and shots look satisfying. I'll bet most huo owners are going to mylar the heck out of that area in front of the trunk stand-ups. the playfield is going to take a lot of abuse from that launched ball there

the only thing that I don't like is the cheapening of the BOM which isn't be translated to the buyer price. metal and wire form ramps should have been a must have as well as drop targets (with possibly stand-ups behind them

sure, there's nothing ground breaking on the title, but they've taken all of the tested elements and combined them rather nicely in this pin

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Good summation...similar to my thoughts as well. The side VUK seems pointless as an airball launcher.

Hey let's be fair - it's innovative at least!

Not sure if it's pointless. The point is to shoot the ball across the playfield and hit the standups. Perhaps it will be visually pleasing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 12.95
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
9,000 (Firm)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.