2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 666 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BE43C505-163B-4850-B3D7-431AF7A454F1 (resized).jpeg
    Halloween Wars 2016 (resized).png
    69410038-5C78-48BB-8569-23B73B9E5679 (resized).jpeg
    35E0A508-4BE4-48C9-A156-3A2D296D315B (resized).jpeg
    C0EEDA99-1672-41FE-9C70-024D5CC6A081 (resized).jpeg
    BC13B92E-1E65-4D72-B881-E00882BEEA65 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (resized).png
    ELV0206 (resized).jpg
    el 3 (resized).jpg
    7CA0C873-93EC-4CAB-B015-3AA7BB1541A4 (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1524763758935 (resized).jpg
    70D14CDD-5FD5-43C2-AB22-C709944707AF (resized).jpeg
    grv (resized).jpg
    Al (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 666 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
    #153 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Wow, we didn't have Sam Terry. As far as I remember in LA before Seymour Presents, there was Chiller Theater or something like that, but I don't think there was a host.That was mid 60s.

I never looked at Elvira as a true horror host, because she really never was in the same vein as Chiller Theater, Shock Theater, and all of the nationwide variations. They had a series of stock film catalogs that they used. These included the classic Universals, Hammers, Val Lawton's, the Godzilla films, 50's classics, etc. When I first became aware of Elvira, she was hosting mostly absolute shit. There were a few decent films in her series, but it was mostly ass. So I saw a chick with her tits hanging out showing shitty films, unlike Chiller Theater and the other incarnations that were showing the real stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira%27s_Movie_Macabre

#162 2 years ago

this thread reminds me that I have some Elvira related paintings (I collect artwork).

She put out this line of videos for thriller video

[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/74/6c/3a/746c3ad2b61beec9ce566bb253aac80a.jpg[/img]

and I have some of the original paintings. The artist got to meet Cassandra back in the day. Sadly he passed on but his family was kind enough to sell me some of the art.

[img]http://art.cafimg.com/images/Category_25234/subcat_162050/pKEG6eRk_1511141835181.jpg[/img]

#173 2 years ago

Here's a saucy picture of my Elvira. I hope to get her to sign her own boobs at Expo.

image (resized).jpg

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

There are much better pics of Cassandra on the interwebs. I believe she was 24 when she posed nude for High Society magazine. Let the googling commence!

#183 2 years ago

hahaha that movie was the best

#188 2 years ago

I miss my EATPM very much.

#190 2 years ago
    Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

I miss my EATPM very much.

Soon you will be able to purchase a new older and wiser version at twice the price!

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Soon you will be able to purchase a new older and wiser version at twice the price!

I've honestly been going back and forth on whether I want an EATPM and SS or this new pin. Ultimately, I'm a completest, it's just a matter of what I want to do first.

#193 2 years ago

Dam 77 new posts and here I thought they might contain something more concrete on this possible upcoming release or some sneak photos

I love SS, although not deep at all but the call out humor and sound track is awesome, love the 3d backglass and of course Cassandra Peterson looking amazing as usual. So hopefully they will follow suit with this release and utilize that color lcd and incorporate short vids from her movies and tv specials on a modernized layout with some exciting features. In addition I hope they contract the likes of CCC & Sun Process to route these playfields and Diamondplate them. If you are going to raise us a few bucks at least add some more quality control and there will be less issues dealing with consumer returns for swapping later on for them.

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Dam 77 new posts and here I thought they might contain something more concrete on this possible upcoming release or some sneak photos
    , love the 3d backglass

No, mainly just two people going back and forth over nothing but the revelation (to me anyway) that those old pictures of her are out there was interesting.

Now, about that 3D backglass? I must have missed something.

#195 2 years ago

i think he means the layered, sorta shadow box or pop-up book style of SS with Elvira on the front and the spider web behind on what I presume is a separate sheet.

Not truly 3d, but layered, if you will, for a bit of a 3d effect.

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Now, about that 3D backglass? I must have missed something.

Well not 3D like the movies, I guess what I meant is that it wasn't like traditional backglass just flat printed. It had the spider and printed material on the backboard set behind her printing on the glass to give that layered effect. That's what I was shooting for

Bronty beat me to it...

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here's a saucy picture of my Elvira. I hope to get her to sign her own boobs at Expo.

I like your green displays.

#198 2 years ago

Thank goodness somebody posted something about *pinball* in this *pinball* thread on the *pinball* forum. Is this 3rd grade?

I wanted to chime in on the 3rd page, then I had to scroll through all that garbage. Here's to somebody making a pin about the *true* horror host - Zacherle!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Zacherle

RIP

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

I happened upon the link below a few years ago and favorited it... (NSFW warning!)
    [Link removed]
    I visit it every once in a while.

Someone needs to mow the lawn.

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Someone needs to mow the lawn.

Hey it was the 80s! Lawnmowers hadn't been invented yet

She really looks quite good in those pics, most of the times when you see pics that old they don't hold up because it's so obvious they are dated, but she looks good anyways and so much better than in her Elvira costume IMO

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 163.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 299.00
    $ 21.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball-Mods.com
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 19.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 666 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside