pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 79.
#1901 4 years ago

Looks cool.. Obviously wish it had more to it for the price but another elvira pin and just another pin in general is awesome in my book.

#1902 4 years ago

My article also has a buncha closeup pf shots - they weren’t displaying for a sec but are now. Enjoy.

#1903 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

As someone who collects original B-Grade movie posters

#me too!

the thing ted lobby 2 (resized).jpgthe thing ted lobby 2 (resized).jpg
#1904 4 years ago

Looks like stand ups on the sides, not drop targets.

#1905 4 years ago

Looks phenomenal! Great job to Dennis and Greg! I’m certain Lyman and co. will make it even better!

#1906 4 years ago

We can now put to rest the speculation about the up kicker feeding the crate. It hits the targets...I was hoping the crate raised and lowered into the pf....see now it's just a simple diverter ball capture and feeds back out onto the playfield.

I know everyone wants this to be great, but from the video, it honestly looks same old. Nothing awe inspiring or fresh that I see.

#1907 4 years ago

Love how the windows light up.

#1908 4 years ago

I wish they showed more of the video animations….

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Nothing awe inspiring

What was the last "awe inspiring" moment a new pinball machine brought you?

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

New to me, pinball magic. Levitating ball, magnetic wand, top hat reverse skill shot. But yes, your point, Sterns designs dont scream innovation.

#1911 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Love how the windows light up.

Yeah for 10k I thought they nailed that!

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't know if I'd go as far as "awe" but the JP2 Prem/LE T-rex and the BM66 are both, really, really cool mechs.

#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I know everyone wants this to be great, but from the video, it honestly looks same old. Nothing awe inspiring or fresh that I see.

So, you’re in for an LE?

#1914 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So, you’re in for an LE?

Lol...no, but truth be told I'll probably buy a prem at some point. I have eatpm and ss, so why not

#1915 4 years ago

Wow, lots of mechs! Cool!

#1916 4 years ago

Looks pretty cool so far! Interactive toys and features look slick.

#1917 4 years ago

I honestly have no clue who the hell Elvira is aside from pinball machines...but after seeing this video and pics, I'm interested in buying.

I love horror themes and I'm a sucker for black and red.

Anyone have a distributor they recommend for the best price? I think I bought from JJ at Game Exchange last time. All went well with them.

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Where are you seeing this at?

#1919 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Where are you seeing this at?

The IGN video. Stuff actually moves on this game! (granted probably just the LE)

Trunk ramp "trap door" is cool.

#1920 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

New to me, pinball magic. Levitating ball, magnetic wand, top hat reverse skill shot. But yes, your point, Sterns designs dont scream innovation.

So all of your awe-inspiring pinball moments are 25 years old. Maybe stop expecting that kind of thing from a pinball machine? Also there's 47 pinball companies now, yet you lay the "lack of innovation" complaint solely on Stern?

Quoted from benheck:

Is it too early to start counting coils?

#1921 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I honestly have no clue who the hell Elvira is aside from pinball machines...but after seeing this video and pics, I'm interested in buying.
I love horror themes and I'm a sucker for black and red.
Anyone have a distributor they recommend for the best price? I think I bought from JJ at Game Exchange last time. All went well with them.

JJ is great. Don’t think you will see much variation in pricing on this title. Stick with Game Exchange.

#1922 4 years ago

Lyman Sheats Is the main asset.

#1923 4 years ago

Screenshot_20190918-105749_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105749_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105800_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105800_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105808_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105808_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105817_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105817_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105829_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105829_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105835_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105835_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105909_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105909_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105915_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105915_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105901_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-105901_Chrome (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20190918-110220_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-110220_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-110235_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190918-110235_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1924 4 years ago

I mean that crate opening lock thing on the left looks really cool. It looks jam packed with fun stuff. Flip up ramp in the center is cool too.

#1925 4 years ago

So where is the Stern press release?

#1926 4 years ago

By the way, for those that say Stern doesn’t do subways this game has one.

#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

(granted probably just the LE)

I though these are all identical from a gameplay perspective?

wasnt BM66 all the same?

#1928 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So where is the Stern press release?

It's as awesome as you'd expect from a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball:

Stern Pinball Announces New Elvira’s House of Horrors Pinball Machines

CHICAGO, IL – September 18, 2019 – Stern Pinball, Inc., a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball, announced today the availability of a new line of pinball machines celebrating the iconic character, Elvira, Mistress of the Dark! The game was developed in collaboration with the Whizbang Pinball Studio team of Greg Freres and Dennis Nordman. Greg and Dennis developed the first two Elvira games. Elvira’s House of Horrors pinball machines will be available in Premium, Limited Edition, and Signature Edition models.

The taunting is over and the haunting begins in the third and campiest installment of the Elvira pinball trilogy! Trying to sell her mansion through “Alternate Realty”, Elvira’s house is haunted by the movie characters from her past. These ghouls, ghosts, monsters, and strange assortment of vintage characters with horrific acting skills seek revenge on Elvira while she and the player confront them, sending them back to the “film” from which they came! Elvira’s House of Horrors immerses players in a fun, campy, B-movie universe filled with all of the humor expected from the Mistress of the Dark including custom speech and, in a pinball first, exclusive filming of Elvira for custom video scenes featured throughout the game!

The Premium, Limited Edition, and Signature Edition models all feature Elvira’s “House of Horrors”, a frightening Victorian fixer-upper, full of creepy charm and supernatural surprises. Players can gain access to the mansion through the front door, the cellar, or through the garage which is guarded by a gravestone drop-target. An orchestra of color changing RGB lights accentuates the house in sync with the different “House Haunts” featured throughout the game. Lighted windows and a spinning attic turret track players’ progression on their pinball journey.

If a haunted mansion wasn’t enough to keep your skin crawling, beware of the “Deadhead Family Crypt”! This mausoleum houses a variety of characters that need an awakening courtesy of a steel silver ball to their head. This interactive crypt will keep players on their toes with the Crypt entrance unleashing balls from a separate location while also becoming a physical bash toy. And with Elvira’s pending move from her hopeful home sale, the interactive Elvira’s “Junk in the Trunk” toy allows players to lock balls for a frantic two-ball multiball.

“It was a pleasure to work directly with the Mistress of the Dark on this third collaboration,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. “Elvira’s House of Horrors pinball is a haunting fun time!”

The Limited Edition model is limited to 400 units globally. The Limited Edition model includes additional unique features such as a sequentially numbered plaque, an exclusive mirrored backglass, exclusive custom themed cabinet artwork, a custom autographed bottom arch, exclusive custom art blades, anti-reflection pinball glass, and a shaker motor.

The highly collectible Signature Edition model is limited to 50 units globally. The Signature Edition model includes all features of the Limited Edition game, plus special hyper-chrome embossed cabinet decals, a personally autographed Elvira collectible trading card with cover and mounting, and a signed special Elvira certificate of authenticity that includes a swatch of fabric from Elvira’s iconic red velvet sofa.

Complementing the immersive theme and exciting gameplay experience, Stern Pinball’s powerful SPIKE™ electronics hardware system enables high-definition graphics and innovative animations on the video display. SPIKE™ reduces system complexity and energy usage resulting in enhanced reliability and simplified servicing. The state-of-the-art electronic system also powers a high-fidelity 3-channel audio system that is three times more powerful than audio systems of previous generations.

Pricing and Availability:

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price:

MSRP for sales to USA end-users, before any VAT, GST, Sales Tax, Duties, or other taxes.

Premium Model: $US 7,999

Limited Edition Model: $US 9,599

Signature Edition Model: CALL FOR PRICE

Elvira’s House of Horrors pinball machines are available through authorized Stern Pinball distributors and dealers around the world.

About Stern Pinball, Inc.

Stern Pinball, Inc. is a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball. Headquartered minutes from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport in the heart of North America, the company creates, designs, engineers, manufactures, markets, and distributes a full line of technologically advanced terrestrial and digital pinball games, parts, accessories, and merchandise. Stern Pinball serves digital, consumer, commercial, and corporate markets around the globe.

Recent Stern Pinball titles include Jurassic Park, Black Knight: Sword of Rage, The Munsters, The Beatles, Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars, Aerosmith, Ghostbusters, KISS, Metallica, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Star Trek, AC/DC, Batman, and Spider-Man. A broad range of players enjoy Stern Pinball’s games from professional pinball players who compete in high-stakes competitions around the globe to novice players who are discovering the allure of the silver ball for the first time. To join the fun and learn more, please visit www.sternpinball.com.

#1929 4 years ago

Lyman is the right programmer to put on this game. IGN article mentions that there will be clips from 40 movies plus custom created Elvira clips just for the pinball machine. I'm sure he's going to create another deep, unique, and layered ruleset with this game.

#1930 4 years ago

New trailer with gameplay!

#1931 4 years ago

From Stern:

76D0134F-EFC4-4839-8A1D-2B24F532561A (resized).jpeg76D0134F-EFC4-4839-8A1D-2B24F532561A (resized).jpeg
#1932 4 years ago
Elviras-House-of-Horrors-Pinball-Feature-Matrix.pdfElviras-House-of-Horrors-Pinball-Feature-Matrix.pdf
#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So all of your awe-inspiring pinball moments are 25 years old. Maybe stop expecting that kind of thing from a pinball machine? Also there's 47 pinball companies now, yet you lay the "lack of innovation" complaint solely on Stern?

Is it too early to start counting coils?

Hyperbole, much...47 companies...wow, I had no idea! And yes, as an example, it took jjp to bring LCD to market, not stern. Other than pumping out games, please illuminate me to where Stern is innovating?

#1934 4 years ago

Based on what I'm reading all LE featues are only cosmetic, nothing unique in terms of LE / SE only playfield features. That probably makes the premium a pretty decent buy.

#1935 4 years ago

so. many. inserts. Hope they can get code past v0.95.

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

[quoted image]

Looking at the matrix I can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would buy anything other than the premium when you factor the cost vs additions. Unless its Uncle Scrooge who is burning money in his fireplace to keep warm during the winter

#1937 4 years ago

This looks bad ass. I hope it plays as good as it looks.

#1938 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Hyperbole, much...47 companies...wow, I had no idea! And yes, as an example, it took jjp to bring LCD to market, not stern. Other than pumping out games, please illuminate me to where Stern is innovating?

Innovation sucks in pinball and if that's what you want, find a new hobby, you aren't going find your "awe inspired" in this one. I'm surprised you haven't figured that out in a quarter century. Clearly, the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball is not for you.

#1939 4 years ago

One vote for no Jack Danger in Elvira costume...

Quoted from jfh:

From Stern:[quoted image]

#1940 4 years ago

Hopefully the playfield quality changed.

#1941 4 years ago

If the premiums can be bought for 7300-7400 that's not horrible. Can't wait to play one.

#1942 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Hopefully the playfield quality changed.

Looks like there are small outlines around the sling posts where no artwork exists. That should result in no chipping / pooling around the sling posts.

#1943 4 years ago

Oh, I see, the ball rolls over the top of the trunk when down, and is captured by the trunk like a diverter when lit. That's really cool.

#1944 4 years ago

Havent heard anything about music or sound, or specific callouts

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Will you guys please stop trying to critique the art based on a small, blurry, low res picture? That's just foolish. Do you really think Greg would do a bad job on an Elvira backglass (or any backglass for that matter?) This is his best Elvira yet. She looks beautiful with subtle shading that can't be seen in the low res photo, and the art is loaded with detail.
And BTW, I prefer 3LVIRA. I don't know who came up with that, but it's a very clever logo. The 3 represents an E and a three for the third game. Rotate it and it looks like boobs. Perfect!

3LVIRA is definitely the way to shorten it and make it unique. I am totally in on this name convention for House of Horrors.

#1946 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Oh, I see, the ball rolls over the top of the trunk when down, and is captured by the trunk like a diverter when lit. That's really cool.

I like stuff like that! Reminds me of the fault in Earthshaker.

#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For me? Gene Simmons's inanimate head.

#1948 4 years ago

Looks great!!

#1949 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

3LVIRA is definitely the way to shorten it and make it unique. I am totally in on this name convention for House of Horrors.

If Dennis said 3lvira....then it's been settled as far as I'm concerned....

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.31.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.31.02 AM (resized).png
#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Havent heard anything about music or sound, or specific callouts

If past trailers are any indication the music in the trailer is probably in the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

11,855 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.