pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 79.
#1851 4 years ago

Freak Fryer?
Looks reminiscent of one of those "enlarger" devices....

#1852 4 years ago

Really bummed there isn't a pro option

#1853 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Arent any of you NIB buyers worried about playfield issues?

Definitely concerned!
I’m pretty sure someone posted that the LE’s are being made first.
It’s sad that these buyers will be the first to know if there are still issues.
I hate to do it but I plan to wait about 6 months to see if previous issues have been addressed.

#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Really bummed there isn't a pro option

I am not bummed and I look at it from a different perspective. If this Kapow(sock you in the face) overpriced business model helps Stern's bottom line and helps them continue to stay in business and make machines-then I say more power to them. When BM66 was released I shook my head in disgust and felt sorry for the people overpaying. Well people ate it up and they seem to enjoy their choice so who am I to say they should not pay that much? Then Beatles was released and again the pricing disgusted me. How can Stern get away with this artificial collecting BS? Now the EHOH is announced with again boutique pinball pricing. Am I disgusted? No I am over it, I now see that Stern is capitalizing on this business model and it looks like it is here to stay. If Stern can stay in business and keep 5 lines running-that is all that I care about. Some games will interest me and some will not, and beggars cannot be choosers.

Now what is the next machine?

#1855 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They will likely have all been used at one point or another from show to show, very rarely is there one “key” item in shows or movies. If I’m incorrect I’m sure docquest will correct me but I’m sure they built 3 or 4 Batmobiles back in the 60s for the show, definitely more expensive than buying 3 or 4 couches to move from set to set.

Correct, there were 5 original Batmobiles built by George Barris for the show. Each one was a little different from the other. Supposedly The one Joe Kaminkow has is one of the original five.

Elvira had multiple iterations of her show. Original run was 1981-86, another in 2010-11, and a Hulu series in 2014 plus the movies and multiple home video sets.

Since many of these projects were produced by different companies I doubt they used the same couch in all of them.

So the couch isnt a one and only item like the Shroud of Turin. It's a neat little collectible but not unique enough to worth a lot of money.

Considering she is so active at conventions and appearances and her autograph is only $40 I think Stern should have her sign all of the games (or at least the LE's).

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am not bummed and I look at it from a different perspective. If this Kapow(sock you in the face) overpriced business model helps Stern's bottom line and helps them continue to stay in business and make machines-then I say more power to them. When BM66 was released I shook my head in disgust and felt sorry for the people overpaying. Well people ate it up and they seem to enjoy their choice so who am I to say they should not pay that much? Then Beatles was released and again the pricing disgusted me. How can Stern get away with this artificial collecting BS? Now the EHOH is announced with again boutique pinball pricing. Am I disgusted? No I am over it, I now see that Stern is capitalizing on this business model and it looks like it is here to stay. If Stern can stay in business and keep 5 lines running-that is all that I care about. Some games will interest me and some will not, and beggars cannot be choosers.

I didn't mean this, I just think this looks like a cool machine and I won't be able to put one on route at this model structure. I don't see a lot of BM66 or Beatles on route around here either, which is a bummer because those are cool machines too.

#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure your point here. Seems like you're just saying you've gotten over it but the main point is if there was a pro it would open up this game for so many including me. The price is just way too high as is. I think folks are just commenting on the same.

This is the Pinball hobby - something I'm still unsure where the bar is for cost tolerance as I've never seen so many people willing to bend over backwards for companies yet still pay top dollar. Point is this model will work for Stern and in fact can prob even get more ridiculous until people say enough which I'm not sure is even possible for some in this hobby. I mean you have people who defend Wonka standard art. You have popular Pinball contributors/podcaster telling others to ignore clear manufacturing issues and just buy NIB bc don't worry you're being too picky!(which I still can't believe how unfucking believable that was). These examples alone say enough.

You have a lot of blind loyalty for these companies and it's ripe for the picking from a business perspective bc of it.

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I am on list and concerned
If my LE pf has pooling i would want nothing less than a brand new playfield.
I will be requesting something in writing from my distro to cover this

You really think a distributor is going to give you such a warranty? If so, please post a copy of the response.

BTW - I agree with you 100% on the concern. It absolutely sucks that the LEs are going to be first off the line.

#1859 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Yeah, but what was included in the B66 SLE and what was the price? They're literally giving buyers nothing more than an autograph for an extra 5k.

The LE has:

• Gloss Black with silver sparkle powdercoated side rails, lock bar and backbox hinges
• LE specific translite
• LE/SLE specific artblades
• LE/SLE topper
• Signed Adam West BM66 trading card
• Metal Ramps with Red powder wireform

From memory so I might miss something the SLE had all the LE features above plus the following:

• Unique SLE translite
• Unique SLE cabinet/backbox artwork
• All cabinet artwork embossed foil printed
• Custom Adam West “owners name” batphone callout
• Metal Ramps with Blue powdercoated wireform
• LCD/speaker panel powder coated in black and silver flake
• Pinstriping on lockbar and side rails
• Upgraded speakers with led lit surrounds and bat emblems
• Batsignal projector topper add-on
• Oh and a few matchbox BM66 toy vehicles scattered around the playfield.

I’m just not seeing the same level of extras on this SLE, not that the BM66SLE was worth the price either but with Elvira the LE is stripped back compared to BM66 so that doesn’t help the LE/SLE feature list, it’s premium all the way on this one and add the extras you want yourself like a lot of us did with our BM66 games.

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Green outline on red text makes it almost illegible. What were they thinking?

obvious, stern is not aware of the problem known as red-green color vision deficiency. it's a problem that affects around 1 in 12 men and 1 in 200 women (roughly 8.5% of the world's population

#1861 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

until people say enough which I'm not sure is even possible for some in this hobby

You hit the nail on the head

People are not saying enough and are eating it up and they seem to be selling them. It would be one thing if it was a flop title but if they pick decent themes then people will continue to eat it up. Luckily I have zero interest in this title and to me it looks like a $2400 Elvira and the Party Monsters pinball with a LCD. I was kinda interested in the Beatles but I have gotten over it and have lots of other machines on my radar now.

#1862 4 years ago

Will you guys please stop trying to critique the art based on a small, blurry, low res picture? That's just foolish. Do you really think Greg would do a bad job on an Elvira backglass (or any backglass for that matter?) This is his best Elvira yet. She looks beautiful with subtle shading that can't be seen in the low res photo, and the art is loaded with detail.

And BTW, I prefer 3LVIRA. I don't know who came up with that, but it's a very clever logo. The 3 represents an E and a three for the third game. Rotate it and it looks like boobs. Perfect!

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Will you guys please stop trying to critique the art based on a small, blurry, low res picture? That's just foolish. Do you really think Greg would do a bad job on an Elvira backglass (or any backglass for that matter?) This is his best Elvira yet. She looks beautiful with subtle shading that can't be seen in the low res photo, and the art is loaded with detail.
And BTW, I prefer 3LVIRA. I don't know who came up with that, but it's a very clever logo. The 3 represents an E and a three for the third game. Rotate it and it looks like boobs. Perfect!

Hi Dennis - glad to see you are following the thread. Hope you can give us some more background/details on the game after the official announcement. Would love to hear about the design considerations and how the game differs from the original design (if at all). I’m personally curious about why no wacky/fun ramps like the water slide and boney beast ramps in the previous games.

#1864 4 years ago

Dennis, will you do doing a panel at expo with Greg, Lyman, and Cassandra to talk about the making of the game?

#1865 4 years ago

Agreed!! Im definitely one of the Guilty as charged. I'll reserve judgement until I see the full reveal with gameplay video. I did think the design looked great from the start.

#1866 4 years ago

At this point, I think the most important question to confirm is 'WHO is on code and how far along is it?'

*well beyond the obvious question of 'has the pf issue been fixed?'

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The LE has:
• Gloss Black with silver sparkle powdercoated side rails, lock bar and backbox hinges
• LE specific translite
• LE/SLE specific artblades
• LE/SLE topper
• Signed Adam West BM66 trading card
• Metal Ramps with Red powder wireform
From memory so I might miss something the SLE had all the LE features above plus the following:
• Unique SLE translite
• Unique SLE cabinet/backbox artwork
• All cabinet artwork embossed foil printed
• Custom Adam West “owners name” batphone callout
• Metal Ramps with Blue powdercoated wireform
• LCD/speaker panel powder coated in black and silver flake
• Pinstriping on lockbar and side rails
• Upgraded speakers with led lit surrounds and bat emblems
• Batsignal projector topper add-on
• Oh and a few matchbox BM66 toy vehicles scattered around the playfield.
I’m just not seeing the same level of extras on this SLE, the LE is stripped back compared to BM66 so that doesn’t help the LE/SLE, premium all the way on this one and add the extras you want yourself like a lot of us did with our BM66 games.

Idk what they charged extra for that package, but it looks like quite a bit more than they're offering with Elvira. I think the custom callouts are one of the coolest features ever. BM66 looks like an all around kick ass game.

#1868 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

At this point, I think the most important question to confirm is 'WHO is on code and how far along is it?'
*well beyond the obvious question of 'has the pf issue been fixed?'

I’m sorry - the absolute most important question is “Has Stern fixed the playfields?” Bad playfields in the domestic LEs (apparently first off the line) will absolutely tank game sales no matter how great the game is. And that would be practically criminal on Stern’s part.

Lyman is on code and he is the perfect fit along with Dennis, Greg and Cassandra. Talk about a dream team. I’m sure the code is much further along than Batman was at release but I don’t care because Lyman’s track record speaks for itself and I’m sure the game won’t be done until he’s happy with it.

#1869 4 years ago

Important question is the game going to use the same level of video content that BM66 does? If so how long will that content take to actually be in the game and used. BM66 is still being updated / patched which is at 1.0.3 and was released in 2016.

#1870 4 years ago

We have no idea how long Lyman has been working on the game. If he has been working on it a year with BM66 then there may be quite a bit of content in the release. He had zero time to work on BM66 for the launch thats why he took a year post launch and kept adding things.

Quoted from GravitaR:

Important question is the game going to use the same level of video content that BM66 does? If so how long will that content take to actually be in the game and used. BM66 is still being updated / patched which is at 1.0.3 and was released in 2016.

#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Earlier posts indicated there are clips from 40 old horror movies in the game, along with video of Elvira from her show(s). There's probably also video from her 2 Elvira movies. The 40 movies comment seemed to come from Stern to their distributors. The movies are depicted/represented in much of the art on the game. I'm pretty sure "Night of the Living Dead" is one of the films.

Additionally, there are the CGI animations of the Haunted House and more that you can see in the teaser video - which look pretty awesome .

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I was hoping it would all be custom video like JP2, would love all the lcd content to be animated and drawn by or under Greg’s direction!

#1873 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I was hoping it would all be custom video like JP2, would love all the lcd content to be animated and drawn by or under Greg’s direction!

I think you're going to get both in Elvira - Custom Animated like JP2 (see the teaser video), and Elvira and Horror Movie clips - at specific points in game play.

#1874 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If the premiums cld be bought for 7300-7400 id probably get one as i love Dennis design's and Lymans code.

If the premiums could be bought for $3500 I'd take two of them!

Quoted from Whysnow:

At this point, I think the most important question to confirm is 'WHO is on code

Et tu, Whysnow?!

#1875 4 years ago

Everybody seems to be forgetting the most important piece of the puzzle that Batman was a Joe-Kamin-Kapow production with Stern with a special anniversary release, Elvira is a Stern licensed game.

But yes no question about it in this competitive market any LE or SLE should have a topper included to make it stand out and differentiate between all other models.

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Everybody seems to be forgetting the most important piece of the puzzle that Batman was a Joe-Kamin-Kapow production with Stern with a special anniversary release, Elvira is a Stern licensed game.

So what does this mean?

#1877 4 years ago

As someone who collects original B-Grade movie posters, I'm actually quite excited about the direction this Elvira pin is taking. I think it will look great...

IMG_1228 (resized).jpegIMG_1228 (resized).jpegIMG_7673 (resized).jpgIMG_7673 (resized).jpg
#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

If it's Kapow - then they get a % of the selling price - hence the need for the inflated higher prices
but both Kapow pins have been reskins, is this a reskin?

#1879 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If it's Kapow - then they get a % of the selling price - hence the need for the inflated higher prices
but both Kapow pins have been reskins, is this a reskin?

Calling Beatles a reskin is a stretch (not a single post from the original Seawitch design is in the same place).

Calling Batman 66 a reskin is ridiculous. The entire left 2/3rds of the playfield is different.

#1880 4 years ago

the pro, erm… I mean [premium] cabinet artwork reminded me of the title screen from 'zombies ate my neighbors' on the snes

elvira house of horrors cabinet (resized).jpgelvira house of horrors cabinet (resized).jpg
zombies ate my neighbors (resized).jpgzombies ate my neighbors (resized).jpg

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the pro, erm… I mean [premium] cabinet artwork reminded me of the title screen from 'zombies ate my neighbors' on the snes
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s why it looked familiar! I think I still have that game.

#1882 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Calling Beatles a reskin is a stretch (not a single post from the original Seawitch design is in the same place).
Calling Batman 66 a reskin is ridiculous. The entire left 2/3rds of the playfield is different.

Sorry .... based off a previous design.
Happy?

#1883 4 years ago

Kind of weird they went so blue on the playfield. Doesn’t match the red/black warm coloring of the previous games, or even the cabinet of this one.

Scared Stiff might be a little light on rules but it’s gorgeous and fully theme integrated. This one just seems overly busy art wise without any unifying tone.

In contrast the playfield seems empty. Maybe it has hidden depths I can’t see.

Local op here is probably going to take a pass after the dismal earnings of Munsters and first impressions. Can’t say I blame him.

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

As someone who collects original B-Grade movie posters, I'm actually quite excited about the direction this Elvira pin is taking. I think it will look great...[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice...I have some smaller copies of some of the more popular ones - you should check out Kirk Hammetts (Metallica) book "Too Much Horror Business", he has an extensive collection of horror memorabilia, and many super rare posters. Cool read. The dude is seriously into horror and I believe he still participates in an annual West Coast horror convention.
rs-119637-20120928-kirk-hammett-picture-02-x595-1348847316 (resized).jpgrs-119637-20120928-kirk-hammett-picture-02-x595-1348847316 (resized).jpgrs-119639-20120928-kirk-hammett-picture-03-x595-1348847405 (resized).jpgrs-119639-20120928-kirk-hammett-picture-03-x595-1348847405 (resized).jpgrs-119640-20120928-kirk-hammett-picture-x500-1348847454 (resized).jpgrs-119640-20120928-kirk-hammett-picture-x500-1348847454 (resized).jpg

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Right. Except Zombies Ate my Neighbors was more legible.

Seriously. Red text, with a thin green outline, on a red background?

Oh wait, it'll look better in "hi res photos"

#1886 4 years ago

I just saw part of Kirk's collection that was at the Royal Ontario Museum "It's Alive" showing. Definitely worth checking out if you are a fan of old horror and sci-fi movies and artwork. The posters on display (which is only a portion of his collection) is really impressive and they also have a section of his horror themed guitars.

#1887 4 years ago

Cheesy old movies are integral to the design?

TAKE MY MONEY, PLEASE!!!

This is probably as close to the 'MST3K Pinball' of my dreams as I'm ever going to get.

Can't wait for the reveal!

#1888 4 years ago

This will cheer you up!

Maybe this loop for the attract screen.
53B1D550-B13D-4F0A-A7D2-5712D30D1F95.gif53B1D550-B13D-4F0A-A7D2-5712D30D1F95.gif

#1890 4 years ago

Can we stop pissing and moaning about the price point vs value...

If you don’t think it’s worth it, don’t buy it. Problem solved - moving on.

#1891 4 years ago

Key features from the IGN piece:

The titular House of Horrors, an interactive toy with a spinning turret on top, and three entrances to shoot for, including one under a lifting staircase ramp.

Two ramps on either side of the playfield. The left ramp has a Scared Stiff-style crate that opens up to divert balls into a multiball lock.

A Dead Head Crypt bash toy that also opens up to gobble a ball. This crypt delivers balls to other parts of the playfield via subway, including one vertical upkicker on the lower right that shoots the ball across the playfield to the crate targets.

Lots of little, leaping gargoyles behind targets.

3 super-hidden pop bumpers behind the Crypt.

Custom video featuring Elvira

Clips from 40 movies

#1892 4 years ago

God hate the word "titular."

Still game looks awesome. Better trailer than usual from Stern.

So do we love it now or do we still hate it? It's hard to keep up.

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Love it at $5k, hate it at $10k.

#1894 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Love it at $5k, hate it at $10k.

Mild distaste mixed with lukewarm excitement at $7999?

#1895 4 years ago

Trailer is nice but hard to watch. Would like to see more wide/long shots rather than rapid fire clips.

#1896 4 years ago

We like it. Have to play it to see if we love it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#1897 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Too soon to tell.

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Trailer is nice but hard to watch. Would like to see more wide/long shots rather than rapid fire clips.

I agree. I always feel like these rapid fire videos are hiding the actual feel of the game. I get that they're just highlighting the shots but I always feel frustrated by them cutting away too soon.

#1899 4 years ago

I think the trailer looks great. The muti-position crypt looks like an awesome bash toy. Mansion looks really nice with all the lighting. Wish it did a bit more, but very cool looking nonetheless.

Whoops at 0:40 with the ramp lifting the gargoyle thingy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
12,222 (OBO)
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.