pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 79.
#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Only a bit better name recognition than Elvira? They’ve been making TMNT shows consistently for 30 years.

TMNT is one of the best licenses available for the age 40 and under demographic. They have continued to be relevant since i was a kid. My 5 year old dressed up as Donatello last year for Halloween and there were a number of other kids in his school that dressed up as the Turtles. The TV show and video games are still popular as well. He really likes to play the TMNT Legends app on his tablet. I'm sure if he finds out about the pinball machine he's going to want to play it!

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Relevance to who? World population or Pinsiders?

Dialed In, BK3... "pinhead only" themes don't do too hot. Probably why there's no pro.

#1653 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Dialed In, BK3... "pinhead only" themes don't do too hot. Probably why there's no pro.

And I don't disagree, pinhead-only themes are just that, a niche market. In 2006 the market wasn't as 'strong' as it is now and Stern sold 6000 POTC machines, recognition and relevance have great value.

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Elvira more relevant than TMNT? Did I log into another dimension this morning?

Tits > Turtles

#1655 4 years ago

Has anyone else started working on their video application for the honor of owning an SLE?

Added:

#1657 4 years ago

Hope thats a joke because that was RIDICULOUS.

Quoted from Jvspin:

Has anyone else started working on their video application for the honor of owning an SLE?

#1658 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The rumor I heard was that TMNT was a Borg design with Dwight on code.

Easy pass for me after the so called Munters code.

#1659 4 years ago

Regarding the price of Elvira -- I've owned a BM66 for six months or so and I consider it worth the price, not because of what's on the play field but because of all the work done with the code and the video integration. It's really a masterpiece for anyone that is interested in the theme. People joke about how long it took to finish the game, but I can only imagine the extra hours Lyman spent on the code and the video clip integration. In this case I'm happy to spend money for his time spent as I truly think its resulted in a special machine (I'm glad I didn't buy it until it was done though).

Is it too much to hope that all the "delays" (at least it seems like its been in development forever) in Elvira have resulted in Lyman spending a ton of time on the code and theme integration with the video/call outs? If so it could create a great pin for all the Elvira fans here that might be worth the higher price point.

#1660 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

It's definitely a wait and see for me. If it would have been the KME team or Lyman on software it would be an insta-buy especially with Zombie Yeti art. Here's hoping it's more like GOT or SW code than Munsters or GB.

#1661 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I am afraid that the outlanes will be hard to see with those flashers on the end of the ramps.
A bit like GOTG...

Stern has been getting a bit out of hand with the flashers lately. Game of Thrones was the worst.

#1662 4 years ago

I just spoke by phone with two distributors. They both said official pricing not announced yet.
One was taking deposits while the other was only taking names to be put on a list for callback.
One of them said they are getting 25 LEs and 19 of them have already been reserved.

Anyone here on Pinside already reserve an LE or put a deposit down on an LE?

I'm struggling with justifying the high cost of an LE just to get Elvira pictured on the side of the cab.
I don't care about powder coated trim or speaker lights or (pinkish-red) side art.
LE may also include mirrored translite and shaker motor (not sure about non-glare glass).

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

KME team or Lyman on software

the real question... will be ever see the dream team on a game?

and when we do... will it actually be a theme worth their efforts? (seems they like to use the name of the designer/code team to sometimes sell a less desirable game)

#1664 4 years ago

Ninja Turtles is a great theme that I remember fondly, but I seriously doubt it would be the versions of them any of us would recall. With Nickelodeon in control of the brand now, it'll probably be something more recent... more likely this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Than this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1665 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the real question... will be ever see the dream team on a game?
and when we do... will it actually be a theme worth their efforts? (seems they like to use the name of the designer/code team to sometimes sell a less desirable game)

I doubt we'll ever see a KME/Lyman collaboration because Keith likes developing his own rules and I don't think Stern could afford to put their best two assets on the same game. I would just be happy to see another KME/Zombie Yeti game with a theme that's better than Iron Maiden. Everything else on that game including the callouts is awesome! JP2 is a better theme and a slightly better layout than Maiden but the art isn't as good nor are the callouts. both games are close to perfection though!

I am looking forward to the day that Lyman codes another cornerstone game as these more expensive games aren't as likely to be found on route and are too expensive to justify for home without a more affordable Pro option.

#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

It doesn't worry me that much because I don;t think Dwight came up with the idea of the Munsters code, it's nothing like his work.
Now, if you didn't care for SW & GOT as well i could totally understand that.

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I doubt we'll ever see a KME/Lyman collaboration because Keith likes developing his own rules and I don't think Stern could afford to put their best two assets on the same game.

I agree. Plus, Keith works fast, and Lyman works slow.

Quoted from TheLaw:

It doesn't worry me that much because I don;t think Dwight came up with the idea of the Munsters code, it's nothing like his work.
Now, if you didn't care for SW & GOT as well i could totally understand that.

This is also true. Avoid Dwight games if you hate Munsters, but not if you like button mashing multiplier character path stuff. I doubt we'll see anything as bare bones as Munsters anytime soon.

#1668 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Ninja Turtles is a great theme that I remember fondly, but I seriously doubt it would be the versions of them any of us would recall. With Nickelodeon in control of the brand now, it'll probably be something more recent... more likely this:
[quoted image]
Than this:
[quoted image]

I am 100% in if it’s the 80s cartoon / 90s Konami video game art style and voices. Anything else, forget it. If they don’t tap the right nostalgia factor it will be the death of sales for the game.

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

[quoted image]
Than this:
[quoted image]

Nope, it’s going to be original 80’s TV version. Nick is cool with that. Look at the Arcade 1up TMNT & other 80’s Turtles merch that’s out there.

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If they don’t tap the right nostalgia factor it will be the death of sales for the game.

I don't know, they tricked people into buying Transformers once. Then everyone bitched aboot Deadpool and I think it did alright (?).

#1671 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Tits > Turtles

But I thought "Elvira isn't about sex!"

#1672 4 years ago

Any pop bumpers hidden in the back?

#1673 4 years ago

I'm still dumbfounded nobody has figured out how to do a Sonic the Hedgehog pin. But I digress. Word on the street is that better than half the LE's are spoken for at distributors already. This is gonzo.

#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Any pop bumpers hidden in the back?

I would imagine back in the right

Quoted from JodyG:

Word on the street is that better than half the LE's are spoken for at distributors already.

The word on every...single...release...ever

#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Word on the street is that better than half the LE's are spoken for at distributors already. This is gonzo.

And that is without:

1. An official announcement of the pin that includes (models, pricing, and availability)
2. No one has played it
3. The PF issue is not being properly addressed (in my opinion)
4. NO ONE KNOWS THE PRICE?!?

And we expect change...or price drops... my God man!!

With this buyer behavior how in the hell do we expect to get better pricing and quality? Anyone?

By the way, the correct answer is: We won't.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm still dumbfounded nobody has figured out how to do a Sonic the Hedgehog pin. But I digress. Word on the street is that better than half the LE's are spoken for at distributors already. This is gonzo.

If Sega didn't make a Sonic game in the 90's, I doubt we'd see one now. I don't think the Sonic property has aged as well as Mario/Nintendo.

#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

And we expect change...or price drops...

Only insane people think there are going to be price drops; Stern aint Schooner Tuna

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Only insane people think there are going to be price drops; Stern aint Schooner Tuna

Yeap...we just expect the price to go up every release. And we hope like hell that maybe they will stay as high as the previous pin made. I used to think 10K was bat shit crazy high for a pinball - we have passed that up on some pins, and I fear in the near future all premium and LE models will be close.

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If Sega didn't make a Sonic game in the 90's, I doubt we'd see one now. I don't think the Sonic property has aged as well as Mario/Nintendo.

i would LOVE a sonic game!

granted, I dug sonic more back then than the brothers, but I was a sega nut.

#1680 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

And that is without:
1. An official announcement of the pin that includes (models, pricing, and availability)
2. No one has played it
With this buyer behavior how in the hell do we expect to get better pricing and quality? Anyone?

Stern might as well raise the prices while at it! No metal habit rails on the premium / LE? Who cares! Plastic for the win.

#1681 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I am 100% in if it’s the 80s cartoon / 90s Konami video game art style and voices. Anything else, forget it. If they don’t tap the right nostalgia factor it will be the death of sales for the game.

TMNT 2 - The Arcade Game: the Pin (With Deadpool style animations)

#1682 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

And that is without:
2. No one has played it

These people don't give a shit. Stern could put out a bare PF and they would say: " Look at the ball speed." and buy it. The pf falls apart and oh well.

#1683 4 years ago

Why not blend them into one megamachine?

TMNE (resized).jpgTMNE (resized).jpg

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I just spoke by phone with two distributors. They both said official pricing not announced yet.
One was taking deposits while the other was only taking names to be put on a list for callback.
One of them said they are getting 25 LEs and 19 of them have already been reserved.
I'm struggling with justifying the high cost of an LE just to get Elvira pictured on the side of the cab.
I don't care about powder coated trim or speaker lights or (pinkish-red) side art.
LE may also include mirrored translite and shaker motor (not sure about non-glare glass).

Yeah. One LE ordered this morning. They had one SLE available.

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

As much as I like the side art on the LE over the premium, it's not worth +1700 IMO. Honestly, when a game is sitting in my game room for a few months, I hardly take notice to the side art. I have non-reflective glass on a couple of my games, and I personally barely see the difference. The powder coating and shaker can be added later for cheap. Also, I don't get that excited over a real backglass. So I just don't see the value. Plus, I would like to take my time and see if the code looks good, it shoots good, and the playfield looks solid.

The other problem now is that LEs aren't holding their value any better than premiums. The market for 10k+ games is just too small. Back when the LEs were in the 6-8k range, they seemed to hold their value or go up. Now they sell discounted just like the other models.

#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Why not blend them into one megamachine?
[quoted image]

Now that is funny

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern has been getting a bit out of hand with the flashers lately. Game of Thrones was the worst.

GB is seizure inducing but fun!

#1688 4 years ago

I'd always rather have plastic ramps over metal.

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:The rumor I heard was that TMNT was a Borg design with Dwight on code and Zombie Yeti on art.

Oh god....please please please no lock bar button rules like “slap the button to NOT eat the pizza”.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Only Back to the Future and Karate Kid scored 100%. I doubt many college aged students know about Elvira and it's probably only a bit better for TMNT.

You clearly don’t know the longevity of the TMNT theme. 100% of college aged students know it.

The original show was on from 1987-1996. The Fox Kids show was on from 2003-2010. The Nick CG show was on from 2012-2017. The current show started in 2018 and is still on. Plus all the movies, video games, toys. Turtles has NEVER been out of the life of kids since the 80’s. It’s an evergreen property known by all, except maybe late-40’s+ pinball buyers.

#1690 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I’ve been on the interested parties at my distributor ever since the TPF “announcement”, but I don’t think anything is reserved until you have a deposit down so there may be 19 interested people but not 19 sold.

The $1700 difference for an LE question is tough for me. I’m confused that the leaked photos show the same translite but different cabinet art. I was expecting different translites for each level.

I really don’t care for the all words version of the sides, but could probably live with it since the game would be in the middle of a row with the sides not all that visible. So then it becomes “how much value is their in the extras?” and if I were going to do them all it’s probably $700-$900 so the extra cost for the LE is $800-$1k (not counting tax). But it seems like Stern has relaxed restrictions on selling LE parts to non-LE owners so maybe a Premium and LE side art makes sense.

My biggest concern is not so much the cost delta, but the fact that a commitment for an LE pretty much has to be made before there is any chance to play the game (concern lessened only because Lyman is on code) and without knowing if the playfield bubbling/pooling issue has actually been fixed which turns a $1700 gamble into a $10k one.

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd always rather have plastic ramps over metal.

I’m fine if it’s like the flowy ramps on EATPM and SS where they almost have to be plastic, but I’m not thrilled with plastic on E3 especially after the metal ones on Munsters turned out awesome.

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

i would LOVE a sonic game!
granted, I dug sonic more back then than the brothers, but I was a sega nut.

I was a big Sonic/Sega fan in the 90's as well but their newer games just aren't at the level of the first party Nintendo stuff. It's still relevant though and my kids love the Sonic Dash game and watch the cartoons occasionally.

It's still crazy that most of the 90's Sega pins had Sonic stamped on the playfields of games and he was their biggest property and they still didn't make a Sonic pinball game. Especially since the video games often featured pinball (pinball levels on Sonic, Sonic Spinball, Sonic Pinball Party, etc.). What a missed opportunity!

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh god....please please please no lock bar button rules like “slap the button to NOT eat the pizza”.

You clearly don’t know the longevity of the TMNT theme. 100% of college aged students know it.
The original show was on from 1987-1996. The Fox Kids show was on from 2003-2010. The Nick CG show was on from 2012-2017. The current show started in 2018 and is still on. Plus all the movies, video games, toys. Turtles has NEVER been out of the life of kids since the 80’s. It’s an evergreen property known by all, except maybe late-40’s+ pinball buyers.

And you have the original Mirage comic books and the role-playing game, both a bit 'darker' than what most think of TMNT.

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The only thing that impresses me is the big plastic house in the middle that looks cool(Medieval Madness on Steroids)

Sorry, but I had a good laugh at this

#1695 4 years ago

Just got off the phone with my distributor

LE is priced at 9599 (he is only getting 3 and has a huge list)
Premium is 7899
SLE is 15k

1.The translites between the Premium and LE are the same. LE is just mirrored back glass.
2. The top of the house spins based on modes, lights in the house come on during modes.
3. The dead head crypt can either present a bash toy or feed the VUC.
4. Pops are located behind the crypt.
5.VUC shoots across the playfield into the trunk.
6. The house can feed the ramps.
7. Clips from over 40 movies night if the living dead is one of them.
8. Offical video is up tomorrow

#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve been on the interested parties at my distributor ever since the TPF “announcement”, but I don’t think anything is reserved until you have a deposit down so there may be 19 interested people but not 19 sold.
The $1700 difference for an LE question is tough for me. I’m confused that the leaked photos show the same translite but different cabinet art. I was expecting different translites for each level.
I really don’t care for the all words version of the sides, but could probably live with it since the game would be in the middle of a row with the sides not all that visible. So then it becomes “how much value is their in the extras?” and if I were going to do them all it’s probably $700-$900 so the extra cost for the LE is $800-$1k (not counting tax). But it seems like Stern has relaxed restrictions on selling LE parts to non-LE owners so maybe a Premium and LE side art makes sense.
My biggest concern is not so much the cost delta, but the fact that a commitment for an LE pretty much has to be made before there is any chance to play the game (concern lessened only because Lyman is on code) and without knowing if the playfield bubbling/pooling issue has actually been fixed which turns a $1700 gamble into a $10k one.

I'm in the same boat as you. I like the LE cabinet art way better, but I just don't see what makes the LE special. I think back to Batman 66 with a topper that only LE and SLE buyers could ever obtain. That is special. That sets it apart and makes so much more of an added value than some speakers, art blades, a shaker, and powder coat. Especially when it appears that the translites will be the same (minus some potential mirroring).

Add to that, the appeal of an LE game in the collecting community just isn't what it used to be..

I'm really hoping some added playfield feature or topper is announced that hasn't come to light yet. Otherwise, I'll probably just sit on the sidelines and grab a premium if the game is great.

Brian

#1697 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Last place I thought i'd see a subtle Mr. Mom reference

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Last place I thought i'd see a subtle Mr. Mom reference

Sadly I've had to make it many times over the years becasue people STILL think the prices are going to lower

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sadly I've had to make it many times over the years becasue people STILL think the prices are going to lower

"If Stern wants to continue to dominate the market they need to slash prices 25 percent!"

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"If Stern wants to continue to dominate the market they need to slash prices 25 percent!"

To keep up with megacorp Deeproot they don't have a chance anyway. Just get what you can until the doors close.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

9,000 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,855 (OBO)
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.