pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 79.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yes, first reports from distributor streams is this game is really good.
400 LE's will sell out.
You won't be able to sit and wait if you want the LE.
Plenty of premiums though!

Where's my snake oil and headlight fluid? Oh, I have bags of exhaust gas from the fighter planes that smell great too!!!!

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Haven’t hear that. Would be awesome if true, but not holding my breath.
The $1700 delta between Premium and LE is in line with other recent titles so I doubt we see more than different art packages, art blades, shaker, powder coated rails, shaker and maybe Stern low glare glass.

Sorry I meant the Super LE. Just speculating. I also think the crypt will have rotating heads.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow what a relief. For a second I thought the distributors were going to really put this game down suggesting not to buy it.
Ok well I'm back in on this game. Thank you distributors!

@delt31 you still in on the JP or are you thinking maybe Elvira? I dropped out of my LE JP.

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Robert, I usually defer to you in all things Elvira - but E3 is much simpler and has already been used for the last two years while we waited for official confirmation of the title.

Yeah but EHOH is a better more specific acronym and it’s way more fun to type.

E3 was like the code name.

EHOH is the best acronym proposed so far and it’s what I’m using. Oh, and screw the haters. I think this looks like it could be a lot of fun. Just sold a game in case this ends up being worth adding next to SS.

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You mean Dead Pool?

Supposedly Trudeau had a Beatles design he had talked about. There are no Strawberry Fields in deadpool, and that was the upper PF Trudeau had in mind.

#1606 4 years ago

Does anyone have and idea of what the LE might cost?

#1607 4 years ago

Is Lyman on code?

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

more than what its worth

#1609 4 years ago

Start printing some 3d boobed figure mods dudes!

Sideshow Collectibles Elvira Premium Format Figure 14 Elvira in Coffin 51 cm (resized).jpgSideshow Collectibles Elvira Premium Format Figure 14 Elvira in Coffin 51 cm (resized).jpg
#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

MSRP of $9599 is a good bet, but nothing has been announced.

#1611 4 years ago

This is the 3rd game featuring Elvira, right? Why isn’t this E3? Do people feel Scared Stiff isn’t Elvira’s 2nd pin? Because her name isn’t in the title?

In any event, looks awesome and I really hope to go NIB if early reviews are strong. And you guys are right, I don’t think those are split ramp flaps in both orbits. Looks like headlight art from the red vehicles. It looked like ramp flaps at first to me in low res.

#1612 4 years ago

E3 = Elvira 3

EHOH = Elvira's Huge Orbs Hovering

Your choice...

#1613 4 years ago

E3= electronic entainment expo

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Where's my snake oil and headlight fluid? Oh, I have bags of exhaust gas from the fighter planes that smell great too!!!!

Wait and see.

I have zero reasons to hype this game.

From what I heard, I still predict all 400 LE's will be sold out as soon as we all see gameplay streaming.

I definitely won't be buying one, however good it may be.

#1615 4 years ago

EH(o)(o)H

or

E(o)(o)(o)

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

E3= electronic entainment expo

And IM = Instant Message, Met = a museum in New York, and SW = SJW just with the J removed... your point is?

#1617 4 years ago

AEIOU
QWERTY
PIBCAK

#1618 4 years ago

House O’ Hooters!

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

And IM = Instant Message, Met = a museum in New York, and SW = SJW just with the J removed... your point is?

‘Elvira’ is the brand, ‘House of Horrors’ is the designator. The latter is probably more important in identifying the pin... Oh, the one with the Haunted House in the back! - makes it much easier to recall.

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

@delt31 you still in on the JP or are you thinking maybe Elvira? I dropped out of my LE JP.

Still in on JP - not sure what version but waiting until prems ship to see pf quality and get more hands on to decide vs pro. Pro is a great value especially with a potential tmnt release really soon - might want to put that additional $ into tmnt.

Passing on Elvira especially at this price point. I do think it looks much more interesting than munsters which was a borefest the second I saw it in motion. Just not for me.

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still in on JP - not sure what version but waiting until prems ship to see pf quality and get more hands on to decide vs pro. Pro is a great value especially with a potential tmnt release really soon - might want to put that additional $ into tmnt.
Passing on Elvira especially at this price point. I do think it looks much more interesting than munsters which was a borefest the second I saw it in motion. Just not for me.

Me too. I may get back in on the JP when I start seeing how the premium play field looks, and the animatronic plays. Also, we’ll have seen Elvira by that point, and maybe more context on the Deepeoot - so we’ll see how disruptive the pinball market may get. And TMNT and Brian Eddy! No need to rush into any purchases, I don’t see LE’s growing in in value; if anything I envision it being a soft secondhand market.

#1622 4 years ago

I know lots of people are excited and I don't want to be Debbie Downer but am I the only one that thinks the pricing for this theme and title are crazy? The only thing that impresses me is the big plastic house in the middle that looks cool(Medieval Madness on Steroids) Other than that it just looks like another typical Stern fan layout game-nothing special to me? Add some $15 sideblade art with blood, and powder coat cherry red and guys are tripping over each other trying to get an LE? Crazy what a little lipstick does for a pinball machine to make people gaga. Again not trying to be negative but I just think the cost is crazy.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Me too. I may get back in on the JP when I start seeing how the premium play field looks, and the animatronic plays. Also, we’ll have seen Elvira by that point, and maybe more context on the Deepeoot - so we’ll see how disruptive the pinball market may get. And TMNT and Brian Eddy! No need to rush into any purchases, I don’t see LE’s growing in in value; if anything I envision it being a soft secondhand market.

that's a good point with Brian Eddy - I guess he would be the designer for turtles then right?

Wow - what a great idea too b/c he's the master of 90s pinball and TMNT is the master of early 90s cartoons. Perfect matchup. Stern just take my money haha

As for LE's, complete waste NIB. I agree. If you think you won't have an opportunity to own one now if you don't go NIB, you're not paying attention to the market and listening too much to shill podcasters and distributors.

#1624 4 years ago

Noooooo....Eddy on TMNT is like spending $20m on your star player and then using him for trial matches. Eddy deserves a real theme for his comeback.

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

MSRP of $9599 is a good bet, but nothing has been announced.

Lol

#1626 4 years ago

It simply blows my mind that people will pony up non-refundable money for a game that has not been seen or played yet, with code that will likely be unfinished for at least a year(s). There is entirely too much easy money out there right now, apparently. What does the SLE really give you over the LE? Beatles Diamond opened the door for this nonsense, and rich pinheads rubber stamped the order allowing them to do it again.

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It simply blows my mind that people will pony up non-refundable money for a game that has not been seen or played yet, with code that will likely be unfinished for at least a year(s). There is entirely too much easy money out there right now, apparently. What does the SLE really give you over the LE? Beatles Diamond opened the door for this nonsense, and rich pinheads rubber stamped the order allowing them to do it again.

It's always been that way in this hobby. At least with Stern you know you'll actually receive a game.

#1628 4 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this pin and yes, the price does scare me. (Tee Hee....see what I did there) However, I really think Elvira fits in perfectly in the world of pinball and I can't wait to see more hi-def pictures of the playfield and features, especially the dead flip presentation of the pin.

I really love the haunted house and crypt toys on the pin and the nostalgic call backs to the earlier Elvira pins (deadheads, stiff o meter design on the playfield, pic of boogie man on corner) and I think trading out the gargoyles for the boogie men was a nice touch. I love MM and it's castle and this baby might just ! up that baby. Okay, I don't like the plastic ramps and would rather have metal. There, that's my gripe! I can't really tell what toy that is on the left side under the ramp and I'm really interested in seeing what it does, as well as the gizmo on the opposite side of the playfield (scoop?).

I sold my SS recently and it was a tough decision to do so. Yes, the pin wasn't very deep, but man it was a blast to play. I turned on the pin and got to the stiff o meter the day before I sold it. I finally beat it after many years of owning it (yeah...I know...I suck at pinball and perfect timing, huh?) I did trade it for an IMDN Premium so it helped ease the pain, but I knew Stern would be releasing the newest Elvira pin and I was hoping it would help ease the pain more further. Judging by earlier pictures, I think it will do just fine and I can't wait to add this baby to my gameroom, since I love Elvira and anything monster/Halloween related.

Funny story, I started saving my money for Elvira months ago and almost had it all saved up for at least a premium edition, but Elwin and Stern released pics and videos of JP during that time and I fell in love with it (damn you moving dinosaur head and excellent theme and design). I had to have it, since I'm a HUGE JP fan, so I ordered the premium from my buddy Zach at FlipNOut pinball. Fortunate enough to be able to save the money up to pay off JP and then this announcement comes along. Screw it, I'm getting it anyway. Elvira (check).....Dennis Nordman (Check)....Halloween/comedy horror theme (check)....Lyman (The Man) Sheets on coding. Can you say "Hell Yeah". I mean, someone has to pay for Gary Stern's kids' college fund besides the Banker!

That being said, I'm calling my Elvira pin "E3", so suck it!!! (Sorry....I haven't had my morning caffeine yet and I after seeing 118 posts on this thread when I woke up I was really hoping to see some more pics and possible pricing on this pin, not 100 posts on what to call the newest Stern baby)

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I know lots of people are excited and I don't want to be Debbie Downer but am I the only one that thinks the pricing for this theme and title are crazy?

Yeah, just you. And like 75 other guys.

Doesn't anybody read any of this stuff around here, or are all we all just pissin' in the wind?

#1630 4 years ago

One subtle thing I noticed, is that I tend not to prefer ramps with a quick turn around (like on this Elvira and the left ramp on Star Wars). Why? I find that these ramps remove the variance in the ball speed and seem to normalize the ball to a slower, more consistent feed velocity. Not a huge issue or anything.

What do others think?

I've also noticed the movie title "The Brain that Wouldn't Die" (A public domain movie). This suggests there will be a number of film clips from different movies integrated into the gameplay, as per Batman 66. I wonder if we'll see Night of the Living Dead (also in the public Domain).

My guess is that clips may include from this list (from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira%27s_Movie_Macabre)

s1e01 Night of the Living Dead
s1e02 The Terror
s1e03 The Giant Gila Monster
s1e04 The Brain That Wouldn't Die
s1e05 The Satanic Rites of Dracula
s1e06 Scared to Death
s1e07 The Werewolf of Washington
s1e08 Eegah
s1e09 Teenagers from Outer Space
s1e10 Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
s1e11 I Eat Your Skin
s1e12 Don't Look in the Basement
s1e13 Untamed Women
s1e14 Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter
s1e15 Lady Frankenstein
s1e16 The Manster
s1e18 Tormented
s1e19 Manos: The Hands of Fate
s1e20 Hercules and the Captive Women
s1e21 A Bucket of Blood

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that's a good point with Brian Eddy - I guess he would be the designer for turtles then right?
Wow - what a great idea too b/c he's the master of 90s pinball and TMNT is the master of early 90s cartoons. Perfect matchup. Stern just take my money haha
As for LE's, complete waste NIB. I agree. If you think you won't have an opportunity to own one now if you don't go NIB, you're not paying attention to the market and listening too much to shill podcasters and distributors.

The rumor I heard was that TMNT was a Borg design with Dwight on code and Zombie Yeti on art.

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It is likely we will get an Eddy game and possibly a TMNT game, but not necessarily together.

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The rumor I heard was that TMNT was a Borg design with Dwight on code and Zombie Yeti on art.

Poor Yeti...that sounds terrible.

#1634 4 years ago

I think we should use TMNT2 for the forthcoming "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Dumb Sewer Pizza Adventure for 90s 12 Year Olds" pin.

What say you?!

#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

One subtle thing I noticed, is that I tend not to prefer ramps with a quick turn around (like on this Elvira and the left ramp on Star Wars). Why? I find that these ramps remove the variance in the ball speed and seem to normalize the ball to a slower, more consistent feed velocity. Not a huge issue or anything.
What do others think?
I've also noticed the movie title "The Brain that Wouldn't Die" (A public domain movie). This suggests there will be a number of film clips from different movies integrated into the gameplay, as per Batman 66. I wonder if we'll see Night of the Living Dead (also in the public Domain).
My guess is that clips may include from this list (from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira%27s_Movie_Macabre)
s1e02 The Terror
s1e06 Scared to Death
s1e08 Eegah
s1e11 I Eat Your Skin
s1e13 Untamed Women
s1e15 Lady Frankenstein
s1e16 The Manster
s1e18 Tormented
s1e21 A Bucket of Blood

Definitely see a few of these titles on the art blades......Brain, Basement, Manos, Bucket....

#1636 4 years ago

Elvira more relevant than TMNT? Did I log into another dimension this morning?

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It is likely we will get an Eddy game and possibly a TMNT game, but not necessarily together.

Hmm, maybe Eddy is on this...

bond2 (resized).jpgbond2 (resized).jpg
#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Relevance to who? World population or Pinsiders?

#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think we should use TMNT2 for the forthcoming "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Dumb Sewer Pizza Adventure for 90s 12 Year Olds" pin.
What say you?!

I was thinking "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Older Balder and Bitter Need Not Apply" pin sounds better. What say you?!

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Even those new TMNT movies made a shit-ton of money:

TMNT (2014) Worldwide: $493,333,584
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016): Worldwide: $245,623,848

Also another reboot coming.

#1641 4 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ELVIRA today

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

s1e02 The Terror
s1e06 Scared to Death
s1e08 Eegah
s1e11 I Eat Your Skin
s1e13 Untamed Women
s1e15 Lady Frankenstein
s1e16 The Manster
s1e18 Tormented
s1e21 A Bucket of Blood

If you look at the art blades and translite you see characters from some of these movies you listed already so they should have clips.

Torgo from Manos is on translight, as well as the caveman from Eegah, and the werewolf of Washington, and Manster monster.

It looks like Greg's art is similar to the retro cartoon style similar to what Steve Vance did for the MST3K DVD covers. I think it fits the theme very well.

MST3KManosCover72dpi (resized).jpgMST3KManosCover72dpi (resized).jpgrps20190917_101530 (resized).jpgrps20190917_101530 (resized).jpg
#1643 4 years ago

Back to the Future would be more relevant and popular then Elvira or TMNT.

Theres a video on YouTube asking college kids if they know certain 80's movies. Only Back to the Future and Karate Kid scored 100%. I doubt many college aged students know about Elvira and it's probably only a bit better for TMNT.

Stern should grab the BTTF license (if they haven't already), let Eddy design it, and then watch the money roll in.

Screenshot_20190917-102046_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190917-102046_YouTube (resized).jpg

#1644 4 years ago

I am afraid that the outlanes will be hard to see with those flashers on the end of the ramps.
A bit like GOTG...

outlanes (resized).jpgoutlanes (resized).jpg
#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ELVIRA today

E68!!!!

Hell yes...that means next year...

#1646 4 years ago
south park 4 point plan 3 (resized).jpgsouth park 4 point plan 3 (resized).jpg
#1648 4 years ago

As with all Elvira related things, sex sells. Hoping that this will have a lot of clips of Elvira and the many movies she has shown. Such a wealth of material to draw on from all those campy old movies! I know that the game needs to play well but with the way modern pins are evolving I think the potential entertainment factor from Elvira's videos, sound, call-outs, etc. could make this fun on another level.

I think it would have been more appropriate to make an Elvira's Haunted Theater, based on her show.

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hell, theres a video on YouTube asking college kids if they know certain 80's movies. Only Back to the Future and Karate Kid scored 100%. I doubt many college aged students know about Elvira and it's probably only a bit better for TMNT.

Only a bit better name recognition than Elvira? They’ve been making TMNT shows consistently for 30 years.

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Only a bit better name recognition than Elvira? They’ve been making TMNT shows consistently for 30 years.

Yeah good point, a lot more then. Stern would likely do a generic TMNT theme. That could work out well if they get decent voice actors.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
10,000 (Firm)
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,222 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/33?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.