pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 79.
#1501 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Premium and LE only a few $100 over previous titles.

that will at least be a slight relief over the full-on B66 pricing. Too bad about the lack of Pros. I really hope the Haunted House mech has enough going for it to easily justify the lack of Pro pricing.

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Is there going to be a cool home version?

Will there be an optional modesty sticker??

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm using EHOH. The more it's used, the faster it will be accepted.

Robert, I usually defer to you in all things Elvira - but E3 is much simpler and has already been used for the last two years while we waited for official confirmation of the title.

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

400 LE seems to be consistent with what I have heard

400 was visible on the plaques in the leaked photos.

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Elvira existed solely on TV, PG-13 rated movies, and beer commercials. She's about as raunchy as an episode of Three's Company.
I'm not quite sure people are really even remembering Elvira correctly. Maybe getting her confused with Linda Lovelace?
And yet it seems like if the game doesn't feature her getting titty fucked by a horse or gangbanged by the Universal Monsters people are going to be disappointed that Stern made the game too "PC."
Seriously folks - if you can stop reflexively typing "SJW" over and over, what are the "raunchiest" things in the previous Elvira games? "Nice organ?" "That'll get him up?" Are you really worried that Stern is going to nix stuff like that at the behest of feminists who all seem to like Elvira anyway? (at least the ones I know).

Wait, what? Saturday mornings always had Elvira getting TF’d and GB’d by horses. I could have lived with the dimples or Lyman not coding this game, but if those 2 key features are not there then I’m out

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

400 was visible on the plaques in the leaked photos.

That didn’t matter for Munsters.

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Robert, I usually defer to you in all things Elvira - but E3 is much simpler and has already been used for the last two years while we waited for official confirmation of the title.

We all E3 up in this bitch.

Sorry Robert!

#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

that will at least be a slight relief over the full-on B66 pricing. Too bad about the lack of Pros. I really hope the Haunted House mech has enough going for it to easily justify the lack of Pro pricing.

The lack of Pro pricing on Batman was more related to the BOM cost than anything else. Many attributed to the KaPow licensing, and I’m sure that played a factor, but the turntable is such a massive and involved toy there really isn’t anything you could have removed from the Premium to make it a Pro.

I hope we will see that the E3 mansion has a lot more to it than just the sculpt and that the lowest model is a Premium because there just wasn’t enough you could take out to have a Pro price point without neutering the game.

#1509 4 years ago

I'm in agreement with RobertWinter...HoH or EHoH...House of Horror is no more E3 than Scared Stiff was E2.

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would use EHOH, but I don’t care what we end up using to be honest

Maybe drop the O.
Just EHH.

#1511 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, I'm more a fan of the game's literal acronym EHOH, but it's mob rule on that kinda thing.

3HOH?

#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seriously folks - if you can stop reflexively typing "SJW" over and over, what are the "raunchiest" things in the previous Elvira games? "Nice organ?" "That'll get him up?" Are you really worried that Stern is going to nix stuff like that at the behest of feminists who all seem to like Elvira anyway? (at least the ones I know).

Ironically, the various hundreds of lady feminists I know in their 20's and 30's are both very familiar with the Elvira brand, always walked up to my Elvira pins wanting to play them, and also view Elvira as early empowerment where she wore what she wanted, looked as she wanted, said what she wanted and did what she wanted without care about the backlash or fear about not being "as a woman should be".

Quoted from Durzel:

I find the art package kinda weird on this. Expected more dark areas, more contrast between playfield and the (million) inserts. Does the layout scream Elvira to you in the same way as e.g. Deadpool does?

Personally I like that it looks different than the other Elvira pins because it looks like it won't have much overlap with existing games. I feel like I can sit this one right next to my Scared Stiff and they will complement each other rather than have lots of look and feature overlap. Actually one could even have all three Elvira pins side by side and that's ok because they will all look and play different.

Like most though I'm just waiting on pricing to decide which one to buy, supposed to be revealed this week!

#1514 4 years ago

It looks pretty clear there will be a subway from the lock shot to the lower right VUK?

#1515 4 years ago

I know its the wrong game, but had to breakout this picture in celebration. I had to censor it .

20190916_115542 (resized).jpg20190916_115542 (resized).jpg
#1516 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed that a lot of these feminists, the good looking ones anyway, walk around showing everything they have and then bitch about being ogled like sex objects? Then there are the fugly ones who wish someone would ogle them.

#1517 4 years ago

Jesus fucking christ, dude.

#1518 4 years ago

Gonna have to buy this NIB.gonna sell 1 of my games too afford it

#1519 4 years ago

I bet you're a real looker too

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That didn’t matter for Munsters.

They showed plaques with the lower production number and made new one's after increasing the run on Munsters?

Heard 50 SLE and 400 LE. Imagine that could change like BM66SLE and BM66LE did. The game still hasn't been officially announced . Dont think the teaser video counts.

#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I bet you're a real looker too

Man he's been on the warpath lately.

James, what's going on buddy? I haven't seen you this agitated about gender relations since you got thrown out of that health club 10 years ago.

Relax man! Tranquillo. Be cool!

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Personally I like that it looks different than the other Elvira pins because it looks like it won't have much overlap with existing games. I feel like I can sit this one right next to my Scared Stiff and they will complement each other rather than have lots of look and feature overlap. Actually one could even have all three Elvira pins side by side and that's ok because they will all look and play different.
Like most though I'm just waiting on pricing to decide which one to buy, supposed to be revealed this week!

I agree to a point. You dont want the new game to be too much like the others, but the whole idea of having the original team work on this game was to keep a certain level of familiarity, style and continuity going. That remains to be seen as far as gameplay goes, but the artwork is not quite at the level of the first two and looks like most of it was done by someone new.

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, but all that means is there's literally NO REASON to buy this at launch. Batman took almost 18 months to even be worth playing (the entire first year was essentially box of lights). So let someone else watch your machine for you and then look into buying an HUO one in 2 years for less money.

You forget this game has been in development and cooking for two years already since announced at TPF 2017

#1524 4 years ago

It should just be HOH. Scared Stiff is SS, not ESS, nor is it E2.

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Why does everybody keep trying to apply some kind of scientific logic to this?

I'm actually for retrofitting All elviras by number. I will be starting a thread and poll shortly.

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Or just "Elvira" seeing as how most conversations involving Elvira in 2019 and going forward will be a reference to this game.

The things that people waste their time and energy debating on this website never cease to amaze me.

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why does everybody keep trying to apply some kind of scientific logic to this?

Because pinside! Here's my scientific logic:

Quoted from Jackalwere:

What's different about these two titles?
SS.pngSS.pngEHOH.pngEHOH.png

#1528 4 years ago

...I mean, aside from the fact that one is an awesome, custom hand-drawn logo and the other is a generic spooktacular font rendered by a computer.

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Every time I see E3, I think the conversation has shifted to the E3 expo.

That's where I met you! I still have the Silhouette Mirage poster & pin you gave me!

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Because pinside! Here's my scientific logic:

What's different about these two titles?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fair enough...

#1531 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I know its the wrong game, but had to breakout this picture in celebration. I had to censor it . [quoted image]

Total fake photo. I've seen this one before.

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

That chest on the left side of the playfield ? I was hoping for something more showy or revealing for Elvira's Chest.
Seems kind of small too to belong to Elvira.

That chest was was suppose to be called elvira's dirty old box. But stern wouldn't allow it.

#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We all E3 up in this bitch.
Sorry Robert!

EHOH is winning by a 2 to 1 margin against E3 in the poll someone else started.

Sorry Levi!

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Has anyone noticed that a lot of these feminists, the good looking ones anyway, walk around showing everything they have and then bitch about being ogled like sex objects?

Women should be able to wear what they want without having to worry about you harassing or abusing them.

Quoted from zr11990:

Then there are the fugly ones who wish someone would ogle them.

Please post a picture of yourself if you're going to judge others on their looks.

#1536 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Or just "Elvira" seeing as how most conversations involving Elvira in 2019 and going forward will be a reference to this game.
The things that people waste their time and energy debating on this website never cease to amaze me.

I'd rather debate this than wade through all the personal garbage and offended reactions people spew on this site. At least this is game-related and it's kind of fun to define what a title will be known as...

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Except the game is called Elvira's House of Horrors. The same reason ACNC is not called NC.

It's also not ESS because the title of that game is not Elvira's Scared Stiff. It's just Scared Stiff.

#1538 4 years ago

Shame that EHOH has to be another ca$h cow!
GB still came out with a pro and it was packed.

Typical fan layout, nothing really over exciting that I can see tbh but maybe when the video is released more will tell.

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

...I mean, aside from the fact that one is an awesome, custom hand-drawn logo and the other is a generic spooktacular font rendered by a computer.

Green outline on red text makes it almost illegible. What were they thinking?

#1543 4 years ago

E3: The people's acronym!!!!!

Don't believe the lamestream "polls" as they are incorrect reporting!!

#1544 4 years ago

I started using EHOH a year ago and I'm sticking to it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-or-monster-bash#post-4532051

#1545 4 years ago

EHOH is winning by a 2 to 1 margin against E3 in the poll someone else started.

I started it and am surprised by the current vote. But if EHOH wins, that’s what I’ll use. Unless I get tired of typing EHOH (not the easiest acronym to type on an iPad) in which case i’ll use Elvira 3 or E3 and assume people will figure it out

#1546 4 years ago

I see posts complaining about the font used for EHOH (yes, I’m using this acronym). But it is the same or similar font that Elvira has been using for her website Elvira.com, so I believe Stern is being true to rhe Elvira brand.

#1547 4 years ago

Except the game is called Elvira's House of Horrors. The same reason ACNC is not called NC.
It's also not ESS because the title of that game is not Elvira's Scared Stiff. It's just Scared Stiff.

Ok with this statement you sold me.

EHOH

#1548 4 years ago

Oh my god - stop.... please just stop.

#1549 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Oh my god - stop.... please just stop.

I think you mean OMGSPJS

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Green outline on red text makes it almost illegible. What were they thinking?

this guy got a cut.

helllllllo (resized).jpghelllllllo (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/31?hl=play_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.