pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 79.
#1451 4 years ago

Manos the Hands of Fate on the blades is pretty awesome

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Surely an Elvira pinball has to have a real knocker?

Correction! Two knockers.

#1453 4 years ago

It's kind of funny that there is a rainbow puke led conversion thread on Pinside, and my first thought when I say the playfield pic this was one of the games on that thread.

#1454 4 years ago

I find the art package kinda weird on this. Expected more dark areas, more contrast between playfield and the (million) inserts. Does the layout scream Elvira to you in the same way as e.g. Deadpool does?

#1455 4 years ago

Im betting the VUK moves and the button shoots the ball to the trunk which is just targets.

#1456 4 years ago

Maybe the trunk works like the ss coffin lock. Its loaded by a subway and releases balls when ready.

#1457 4 years ago

Do you think since it’s not a cornerstone release that they’ll be able to stray from the recent G rated standards and make it as raunchy as the show?

#1458 4 years ago

I think the VUK will shoot the ball into the trunk. The trunk will then rotate and shoot it up the entrance of the mansion. After that, the roof of the mansion will explode, and 6 balls will be shot to the ramps, and there'll be smoke coming out of the mouths of the gargoyles.

I'm pretty sure that's what will happen , though it could also be that the VUK just shoots the ball towards the targets, maybe the target-inserts lights change position and you have to time your shot with the lockbar button.

#1459 4 years ago

Did I read this well? (so there's a turning wheel again on the screen)
PRESS BUTTON TO:
Start game
Launch ball
Free crypt locker?
Fire atomic ray gun
Stop hand of fate wheel

70917141_2496174560665936_6869350562710683648_n (resized).jpg70917141_2496174560665936_6869350562710683648_n (resized).jpg
#1461 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Do you think since it’s not a cornerstone release that they’ll be able to stray from the recent G rated standards and make it as raunchy as the show?

Elvira is campy with some innuendo, I sure wouldn’t call it raunchy. I’m sure there will be some fun callouts, but I’ll be surprised if it’s even as naughty as Scared Stiff was.

#1462 4 years ago

No Pro means I'm out anyway!

#1463 4 years ago

I am offended for women everywhere.

#1464 4 years ago

Pretty sure the VUK will shoot balls across the playfield to knock down the drop targets, releasing the balls, a la Deadpool, GOTG, etc. Stern seems really into the "drops release balls" thing. Also seems like balls will be locked in the coffin via the ramp diverter.

#1465 4 years ago

I'm predicting that Layman kills the rules on this game, as usual, and most players will end up loving the game.

#1466 4 years ago

Is there going to be a cool home version?

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Lyman on code!!!! Lyman on code!!!! Lyman on code!!!! Lyman on code!!!! Lyman on code!!!! Lyman on code!!!! [Removed repetition]

So, kinda shady at first but eventually brilliant after many updates? Noted.

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm predicting that Layman kills the rules on this game, as usual, and most players will end up loving the game.

I agree with this sentitment As uninspired as it seems, as long as Lyman's rules are solid, the game will be enjoyable since we all know that the game will shoot well with the tried and true layout, that everyone complains about, but we're all familiar with.

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

After a year or 2 it will be rock solid!

#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Boogie man, where are the boogie men???

I spy....

48782E10-D4B9-48E7-9B9E-5F1CDE524C89 (resized).jpeg48782E10-D4B9-48E7-9B9E-5F1CDE524C89 (resized).jpeg
#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Elvira is campy with some innuendo, I sure wouldn’t call it raunchy.

Elvira existed solely on TV, PG-13 rated movies, and beer commercials. She's about as raunchy as an episode of Three's Company.

I'm not quite sure people are really even remembering Elvira correctly. Maybe getting her confused with Linda Lovelace?

And yet it seems like if the game doesn't feature her getting titty fucked by a horse or gangbanged by the Universal Monsters people are going to be disappointed that Stern made the game too "PC."

Seriously folks - if you can stop reflexively typing "SJW" over and over, what are the "raunchiest" things in the previous Elvira games? "Nice organ?" "That'll get him up?" Are you really worried that Stern is going to nix stuff like that at the behest of feminists who all seem to like Elvira anyway? (at least the ones I know).

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

From what it seems he has been working on this one as his primary project for quite some time. So hopefully it isn't the normal 'lyman timetable' to become a stellar game.

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Elvira existed solely on TV, PG-13 rated movies, and beer commercials. She's about as raunchy as an episode of Three's Company.
I'm not quite sure people are really even remembering Elvira correctly. Maybe getting her confused with Linda Lovelace?
And yet it seems like if the game doesn't feature her getting titty fucked by a horse or gangbanged by the Universal Monsters people are going to be disappointed that Stern made the game too "PC."

No bukkake?

#1474 4 years ago

Monday morning quarterback time!

I hope the premium cabinet art is a placeholder. It's like someone saw the Luci cabinet and said, "you know what this needs? Less lady and more xmas." Stern usually does a great job of having multiple, completely different cabinets where each looks good in its own right. This is more like they pulled a Wonka, where the budget cabinet is just an inferior version of the limited cabinet.

Playfield layout seems fine, if uninspired. I'm sure it will shoot well, but KME has raised the bar on playfield geometry, and my standards have gone up as a result. Can't see myself ever buying another game with a snooze-inducing layout. Munsters and BK3 come to mind. Disappointing when legendary designers phone it in. That said, hopefully E3's ball-interactive toys make up for the vanilla fan.

Those ramps don't look like Nordman's work. Seems like someone borrowed a pair of flat, straight, no-nonsense ramps from Star Trek. I wonder if they were simplified after Dennis left the company. Can't imagine those are his original design.

#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Wood hardness and overall satisfaction are generally very good with Elvira machines though.

Someone got it!

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seriously folks - if you can stop reflexively typing "SJW" over and over, what are the "raunchiest" things in the previous Elvira games? "Nice organ?" "That'll get him up?" Are you really worried that Stern is going to nix stuff like that at the behest of feminists who all seem to like Elvira anyway? (at least the ones I know).

You forget people are getting upset about static images on t-shirts... regardless of context, style, or anything... let alone 'what she is saying', or their voluntary inclusion, etc. The bar has been set at 'objectifying the body' period.

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Playfield layout seems fine, if uninspired. I'm sure it will shoot well, but KME has raised the bar on playfield geometry, and my standards have gone up as a result. Can't see myself ever buying another game with a snooze-inducing layout.

I always just look back at Attack From Mars. Almost everything that's being said about the playfield in Elvira: House of Horrors applies to Attack From Mars, and I really enjoy how it shoots.

#1478 4 years ago

I seriously think that is what it would take to keep this crowd happy.

#1479 4 years ago

People are complaining that Stern's too G-rated? Really? The company that put out pinball with the F-word in 2013? The company that put out a pinball that was one big boob joke in 2015? The company that put out some of the most gruesome walker kill DMD animations? I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

I guess you can always go buy a second hand Rob Zombie for whatever hardcore crap people seem to want, like scrotums being chopped off or whatever was in that game.

#1480 4 years ago

Preliminary numbers I’m hearing which is speculative.

50 Super LE signed
400 LE
Unlimited premium

Premium and LE only a few $100 over previous titles.

2 licensed classic songs
Elvira and the gentleman that did the male voice in Scared Stiff is back for custom.

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I always just look back at Attack From Mars. Almost everything that's being said about the playfield in Elvira: House of Horrors applies to Attack From Mars, and I really enjoy how it shoots.

Good point. Excellent smooth shots, fun simple rules, and great theme/humor/voice work put that game over the top. Hopefully E3 follows suit!

#1482 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

“Look babe! I got the new “turtles” pin”
Babe: <<immediately picks up cell to text other boyfriend>>

As though any “babe” is impressed by any of your nerdy themed nerdy pin toys.

#1483 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Preliminary numbers I’m hearing.
50 Super LE signed
400 LE
Unlimited premium
2 licensed classic songs
Elvira and the gentleman that did the male voice in Scared Stiff is back for custom.

The callouts were done very well on SS, so that's good to hear. Any word on a timeline for a game play video?

#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

50 Super LE signed
400 LE
Unlimited premium
2 licensed classic songs

I am thinking Joe Flaherty did voice work on SS.

#1485 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Now you mention it that’s awesome, makes sense but no idea.

#1486 4 years ago

That qualifies as multiball.

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

50 Super LE signed
400 LE
Unlimited premium
2 licensed classic songs

400 LE seems to be consistent with what I have heard. But it seems 696 would have been a better number. I’m interested to see the differentiation between the three models.

#1489 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, but all that means is there's literally NO REASON to buy this at launch. Batman took almost 18 months to even be worth playing (the entire first year was essentially box of lights). So let someone else watch your machine for you and then look into buying an HUO one in 2 years for less money.

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m interested to see the differentiation between the three models.

It’ll probably just be cosmetic. Different art, topper, etc. Would be cool if Cassandra would do personalized callouts like Adam West did for Batman.

#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Good point. Excellent smooth shots, fun simple rules, and great theme/humor/voice work put that game over the top. Hopefully E3 follows suit!

Every time I see E3, I think the conversation has shifted to the E3 expo.

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I'm more a fan of the game's literal acronym EHOH, but it's mob rule on that kinda thing.

#1493 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would use EHOH, but I don’t care what we end up using to be honest

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Elvira existed solely on TV, PG-13

No no no you fool! There were “69’s” all over the place. What were YOU watching?

Inside source tells me Ronnie the Limo Driver does ALL callouts in full Ronnie mode...combined with the programming this is going to be Stern’s BEST EVER!!!!!!

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It is surprising how many people have the wrong idea about the character Elvira, besides the fact that she is in fact a character and not a real person. Elvira is about being a tease. She only references sex through adolescence innuendos and double entendres, but ultimately she never delivers anything more than an eyeful of her cleavage.

Sex acts and blatant nudity have never been a part of her schtick. Its always been PG masquerading as R rated material. Thats what makes it fun and clever.

#1496 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would use EHOH, but I don’t care what we end up using to be honest

I'm using EHOH. The more it's used, the faster it will be accepted.

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

No Pro means I'm out anyway!

Don’t buy into the false labeling BS . Of course there’s a pro - it’s called the premium model and there are two models above it ( what should be premium and LE ) . Call the naked cash grab what it is .

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No no no you fool! There were “69’s” all over the place. What were YOU watching?
Inside source tells me Ronnie the Limo Driver does ALL callouts in full Ronnie mode...combined with the programming this is going to be Stern’s BEST EVER!!!!!!

"You ready to get this shit started?!?!"

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Elvira is campy with some innuendo, I sure wouldn’t call it raunchy. I’m sure there will be some fun callouts, but I’ll be surprised if it’s even as naughty as Scared Stiff was.

I guess some people remember it differently because they were young at the time, but Elvira's always been PG-13 innuendo. The rest has all been hormone-laced extrapolation and fantasy!

#1500 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stop it! If people can't rage at the feminists they made up in their head you're going to ruin their fun!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
10,000 (Firm)
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 26.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/30?hl=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.