pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 79.
#51 7 years ago

I assume this will be with an LCD, but I am curious what the visuals will look like. Are we going to see more animation a la Aerosmith? Old video footage?

#52 7 years ago

It's only fair with so many grandpa themes , they do a grandma one now too.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I hope it's got a funky tune like eatpm.

I like the funky music!

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I about pissed my pants laughing after I saw this statement from an owner of Barb Wire.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Another tired, boring, outdated theme for the gross old men. Pass so hard.

well, you make it sound like elvira owners are going to whack off over the pics and footage or something. Its just cheesy fun, what's the big deal? I don't think it makes anyone old or gross if they dig an elvira theme at all. She's really not "sexy" to look at anyways. Maybe in 1980 when the alternative was the sears bra section.

#55 7 years ago

The only reason I would sell my AC/DC premium would be to fund this game. So yeah... I'm in.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

well, you make it sound like elvira owners are going to whack off over the pics and footage or something. Its just cheesy fun, what's the big deal? I don't think it makes anyone old or gross if they dig an elvira theme at all. She's really not "sexy" to look at anyways. Maybe in 1980 when the alternative was the sears bra section.

Yeah I don't get the hate either. It's a business and they need to sell machines, and today it's not only operators buying the games it's a huge home market. So you have to target people who have disposable money. They could try and target a new pinball machine at teens but given that their financial target is a $300 gaming console I'd say that would be bad business. Hence you target older people that likely have the money to spend on these machines. Throw in a nostalgia hook and you have a potential good seller (see Batman 66). Plus from what I understand the Elvira theme was popular with female players as well, I definitely see that at my film house where the girls tend to go straight to the Elvira tables first. In fact the Elvira tables are the only ones they have periscope'd with on Twitter. It makes sense to me as a theme, but it's all rumor at this point anyways.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's actually not as good as almost every 1970s gottlieb 4 player or late 1970s Bally 4-player, and a bunch of 1970s williams four players. Which isn't a shock because it's based upon a crappy 1950s game. There's very little going on in Nellie and almost no progressive or interesting scoring features. It's a true bat the ball around, keep it in play game where almost everything is worth the same.
I like Nellie, it's fun, but your statement sounds like someone who hasn't played a lot of EMs.

I strongly disagree but that's just my opinion. Just like you have your own different opinion.

I've played a lot of EM's but probably not nearly as many as you. Many are fun. But they do not play as fast and lively as WNBJM, they do not have call outs or dynamic sound packages, they are not as bright, they do not have a high score LCD, and they do not have early as much code as WNBJM. There's a lot more to getting a high score then keeping the ball alive. You can keep it alive for a long time and not score jack if you don't know what you are doing and you are not making shots.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I strongly disagree but that's just my opinion. Just like you have your own different opinion.
I've played a lot of EM's but probably not nearly as many as you. Many are fun. But they do not play as fast and lively as WNBJM, they do not have call outs or dynamic sound packages, they are not as bright, they do not have a high score LCD, and they do not have early as much code as WNBJM. There's a lot more to getting a high score then keeping the ball alive. You can keep it alive for a long time and not score jack if you don't know what you are doing and you are not making shots.

Opinions can't be wrong. I like Nellie (of course would never pay anywhere close to asking for it but that's neither here nor there).

But...

If you think Nellie has more "code" than almost every 1970s Gottlieb EM, I really don't know what to tell you. Nellie is shallower than almost any other 1970s EM I can think of.

I'm glad you like Nellie, but you really need to play some quality EMs in the situation you described - with friends, over drinks, competitvely - before you make statements that make absolutely no sense. Playing one ball on a target alpha at a show and walking away really isn't the same thing.

I'll give you the sound and LCD screen and that it's "brighter" but I guess I don't care about that stuff when I'm playing that style of game. I will see your "strongly disagree" and raise it with a "times two."

"one of the best four player ever"....man...you realize you can buy a Bow and Arrow or Jungle Queen for 500 bucks and have a much better game than Nellie, right? If not a unique experience and interesting hybrid, which is what you are paying for and getting with a Nellie.

This isn't to insult you or call you an idiot. I just think you are missing out on dozens if not HUNDREDS of great games out there. Or maybe you just like the novelty that is the total package of Nellie. But man, there are so many fantastic older games of this style.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Opinions can't be wrong. I like Nellie (of course would never pay anywhere close to asking for it but that's neither here nor there).
But...
If you think Nellie has more "code" than almost every 1970s Gottlieb EM, I really don't know what to tell you. Nellie is shallower than almost any other 1970s EM I can think of.
I'm glad you like Nellie, but you really need to play some quality EMs in the situation you described - with friends, over drinks, competitvely - before you make statements that make absolutely no sense. Playing one ball on a target alpha at a show and walking away really isn't the same thing.
I'll give you the sound and LCD screen and that it's "brighter" but I guess I don't care about that stuff when I'm playing that style of game. I will see your "strongly disagree" and raise it with a "times two."
"one of the best four player ever"....man...you realize you can buy a Bow and Arrow or Jungle Queen for 500 bucks and have a much better game than Nellie, right? If not a unique experience and interesting hybrid, which is what you are paying for and getting with a Nellie.
This isn't to insult you or call you an idiot. I just think you are missing out on dozens if not HUNDREDS of great games out there. Or maybe you just like the novelty that is the total package of Nellie. But man, there are so many fantastic older games of this style.

I'll keep an eye out for some of those that you mentioned. Sounds like they are really good. The biggest problem I always have is there are not a lot of people with those types of games and often when you do see one it's from playing 100%. I've really enjoyed playing several different EM's at shows with some friends though.

#60 7 years ago

They should call this one "Scared Stiff-less"

#61 7 years ago

I think most guys would pray that there wives look that good at 65.

#62 7 years ago

4th in line!

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

OK. I can't take it anymore. There seems to be some solid speculation that Elvira 3 will be the next Whizbang boutique game produced by Stern. Cassandra, Dennis, and Greg will all be at TPF in March. Will there be a game announcement at that point? A few people have suggested as such on this forum.
Now this thread is not for people who would not be interested in a third Elvira machine. I'm not interested in hearing from those people. If you wouldn't be interested in it, that's fine. But let's keep this thread for those who would be enthusiastic about another Elvira machine. It goes without saying that I will be first in line should this machine get announced. I have my money ready NOW!
With any luck, this thread will turn from a gossip/rumor thread into an announcement thread and then a reveal thread. I've got my fingers crossed that this will actually happen.
Who else would like another Elvira machine and what are you hoping to see in it? I'm already thrilled with what I see with the color LCD for Aerosmith and can only imagine how great that technology could be used for Elvira.

It's real

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I about pissed my pants laughing after I saw this statement from an owner of Barb Wire.

Dont own it, only borrowing.

Plus, Im talking about NEW games. There is no need for a new elvira pin. Shes SO outdated and irrelevant for any one iin the 10-30 realm, which is the common age for arcades and barcades, no? I can agree shes pretty attractive for a 65 year old woman, but that doesnt mean i think a pin should be made with her in it. Not at all. Why not just do golden girls.

#65 7 years ago

Mnpinball only posts facts.

I'm 33 and love Elvira from watching her as a kid. I guess I'm out of your "10-30 barcade" range.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Mnpinball only posts facts.
I'm 33 and love Elvira from watching her as a kid. I guess I'm out of your "10-30 barcade" range.

LOL - Everyone knows the sweet spot for pin buyers and players is 10-30.

#67 7 years ago

I am in,i own the first Elvira,total sucker for every item with her on it.
I could easily buy an Elvira toilet brush.
So count me in

#68 7 years ago

Plus, Im talking about NEW games. There is no need for a new elvira pin. Shes SO outdated and irrelevant for any one iin the 10-30 realm, which is the common age for arcades and barcades, no? I can agree shes pretty attractive for a 65 year old woman, but that doesnt mean i think a pin should be made with her in it. Not at all. Why not just do golden girls.

My girlfriend would buy a Golden Girls pin INSANTLY. Super LE even lol. If they make a Whiz-Bang Elvira game, it's purely for collectors. It's not a "cornerstone game", so the 10-30 demographic is irrelevant. They'll get them on Star Wars.

#69 7 years ago

My wife is definitely an Elvira fan. She's 29. Actually, a new Elvira game is probably one of the few games that she might actually be interested in.

(not me in the pic, btw)

MMS_1057 (resized).jpgMMS_1057 (resized).jpg

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

My wife is definitely an Elvira fan. She's 29. Actually, a new Elvira game is probably one of the few games that she might actually be interested in.
(not me in the pic, btw)

Oh?
Very cool? Very cool....
Say...do you have more pics of her to share?

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

(not me in the pic, btw)

So who's the guy with your wife in this pic?

#72 7 years ago

Another tired, boring, outdated theme for the gross old men. Pass so hard.

Why didn't you pass on the thread like you were asked to do?

Quoted from jgentry:

BAM, got to love it.

I loved the old Movie Macabre / B-movie and bad movie days. Elvira, Gilbert Godfried, Ronda Shears and even the MST3K guys. Great entertainment.

I have both of the other Elvira pins so of course I'd be interested. I want bad joke and sexual innuendo. But not at the current price to fun ratio. If I want a simple cool retro game I'll got get an old Bally (Paragon, Globetrotters) or Stern (Stars, Seawitch) for much less.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

So who's the guy with your wife in this pic?

not really sure, but that was taken at SFGE, so presumably a pinball/arcade fan

#74 7 years ago

She's a good Elvira How old are you? Based on the fact you mentioned her age, I'm guessing older than 29 hehe

#75 7 years ago

Why shouldn't an Elvira pin be made? Because you don't like it? . I'm kinda neutral on it but clearly judging from this thread the theme has support; why not let those who want to enjoy it? Other themes will appeal to a younger audience although given the average age of the buyers, it's just will skew older no?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Why didn't you pass on the thread like you were asked to do?

BAM, got to love it.
I loved the old Movie Macabre / B-movie and bad movie days. Elvira, Gilbert Godfried, Ronda Shears and even the MST3K guys. Great entertainment.
I have both of the other Elvira pins so of course I'd be interested. I want bad joke and sexual innuendo. But not at the current price to fun ratio. If I want a simple cool retro game I'll got get an old Bally (Paragon, Globetrotters) or Stern (Stars, Seawitch) for much less.

I remember well Billy Bob on TNT and TBS's Dinner and a Movie. Loved watching those as a kid. Are there movie channel hosts today besides TCM?

#77 7 years ago

elvira_group_sm (resized).jpgelvira_group_sm (resized).jpg

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Why shouldn't an Elvira pin be made? Because you don't like it? . I'm kinda neutral on it but clearly judging from this thread the theme has support; why not let those who want to enjoy it? Other themes will appeal to a younger audience although given the average age of the buyers, it's just will skew older no?

Another thing to consider is that if the 10-30 market WAS in charge we'd be getting Justin Bieber pins! Taylor Swift if we are LUCKY! So let's not knock Elvira too hard hehe

#79 7 years ago

What is that exactly?

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Another thing to consider is that if the 10-30 market WAS in charge we'd be getting Justin Bieber pins! Taylor Swift if we are LUCKY! So let's not knock Elvira too hard hehe

Or Kardashians, Snooki, Duck Dynesty, etc.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

I think if they were to aim new machines at the 10-30 market then we would be getting Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez and Kylie Jenner pinball machines. God help us if that happened.

#82 7 years ago

Those 10-30 year olds have a lot of disposable income...

#83 7 years ago

Just seems to be so many more better themes out there. Maybe a Vampira pin instead? But if the people who are designing it like it and those buying it, then it's all good.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I think if they were to aim new machines at the 10-30 market then we would be getting Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez and Kylie Jenner pinball machines. God help us if that happened.

Kanye West Pinball? That might be enough to make me leave the hobby.

Quoted from Bronty:

She's a good Elvira How old are you? Based on the fact you mentioned her age, I'm guessing older than 29 hehe

Yeah, I'm older, but just wanted to demonstrate that Elvira doesn't exclusively appeal to old guys. I'm a young 35

Quoted from Methos:

Just seems to be so many more better themes out there. Maybe a Vampira pin instead?

Or maybe....

vampirella-100-2015_1 (resized).jpgvampirella-100-2015_1 (resized).jpg

#85 7 years ago

Sterns not building Elvira 3 sorry to burst your bubble.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

...soooo...Spooky then? That's even better

#87 7 years ago

It is coming and I will be in for a LE!

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

A Stern distro chiming in.... Except he is wrong.

#89 7 years ago

It really doesn't take much detective work here. Dennis Nordman himself has a thread not too long ago asking about the viability of a third Elvira pinball machine. Stern came out with a press release stating that Dennis and Greg are working on another title, this time a modern one. Dennis, Greg, and Elvira are set to appear at the Texas Pinball Festival. 1+1+1= 3.

#90 7 years ago

I'd also like to add.

It's about damn time!

I guess seven years worth of "gentle" harassment really does pay off!

Sorry Elvira haters, this game will be the most roBUSTiest Elvira yet!!!

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

It is coming and I will be in for a LE!

Lol you don't even know if there will be an LE tier and you're ready to throw extra money at Stern despite their code and QC issues? When will the madness end!?!?!?!?!

#92 7 years ago

Probably right about here for me...

IMG_4636 (resized).JPGIMG_4636 (resized).JPG

#93 7 years ago

Don't know guess I got lucky, other than a few airballs, my GB premium is perfect and plays great.

#94 7 years ago

Come visit my booth at TPF for the inside scoop

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Don't know guess I got lucky, other than a few airballs, my GB premium is perfect and plays great.

Impossible, it's a GB.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It really doesn't take much detective work here. Dennis Nordman himself has a thread not too long ago asking about the viability of a third Elvira pinball machine. Stern came out with a press release stating that Dennis and Greg are working on another title, this time a modern one. Dennis, Greg, and Elvira are set to appear at the Texas Pinball Festival. 1+1+1= 3.

Your right. That's all we have to go on so far. So assuming we are getting Elvira 3, and its an modern DMD/LCD game, what story/Elvira theme would people want? I have both Elvira pins and always thought the stories were kind of weak. I mean BBQ's, Pizza, Crates?? I'm really wondering what take they are going to go with.

#97 7 years ago

Have I mentioned TPF2017 will be the first time Dennis, Greg, and Cassandra appear together?

#98 7 years ago

Confirmed! Elvira and the Monster Entourage (EATME)

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Broncoman:

Your right. That's all we have to go on so far. So assuming we are getting Elvira 3, and its an modern DMD/LCD game, what story/Elvira theme would people want? I have both Elvira pins and always thought the stories were kind of weak. I mean BBQ's, Pizza, Crates?? I'm really wondering what take they are going to go with.

Elvira marries Labnip theme

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Confirmed! Elvira and the Monster Entourage (EATME)

Ha!

What was that art you posted earlier?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/2?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.