pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 79.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Looks like three targets in front of the trunk so maybe no opening for balls coming from he VUK on the right. It seems unlikely but could it possibly launch balls through the air to land in the trunk from above, like Houdini?

If it does launch across and work it'll be a sight to see.

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Looks like the chest then would lift up for a direct feed from the ramp. The chest has two rails on top allow movement of the chest.

This is my thoughts also, just like the Iron Maiden shot where the left ramp feeds into the lock.

#1403 4 years ago

Seems easy; "Ev3" for me.

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

My Houdini mech was not reliable at all neither was the two I played on location.

You have to get the upgraded power supply and then it's reliable.

#1405 4 years ago

Very doubtful the ball will launch across the playfield at that location. A trick like that would have to occur at the rear of the playfield where the height between the playfield and glass is greater to allow for the trajectory of the ball unless it was launched at a very high velocity which I doubt that they would do for obvious reasons.

#1406 4 years ago

I think everybody is overthinking that right VUK, maybe it’s motorized and does a semi rotation motion like AC/DC‘s Canon or the T2 cannon and shoots across at the targets on the playfield.
That’s what the lock bar fire button is for. It’s a “fire” button as stated on the decal. It fires the atomic ray gun, fires the crypt kicker and stops the hand of fate on the LCD animation.

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I think everybody is overthinking that right VUK, maybe it’s motorized and does a semi rotation motion like AC/DC‘s Canon or the T2 cannon and shoots across at the targets on the playfield.
That’s what the lock bar fire button is for. It’s a “fire” button as stated on the decal. It fires the atomic ray gun, fires the crypt kicker and stops the hand of fate on the LCD animation.

Was thinking the same thing - that would be pretty cool.

#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

My Houdini mech was not reliable at all neither was the two I played on location.

Yours was defective or not adjusted right and the route operator probably didn't care then. We had close to 100% with it on location for a year. Took a bit to dial in at the beginning, then perfection. WAY more reliable than the closer, simpler Jacky.

#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You have to get the upgraded power supply and then it's reliable.

Only if your power sucks. The trunk shot on the one we had out on location was reliable without that.

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

yea Ice, I tried and tried to get into this game and it just "felt" so clunky especially that turntable. The ramp seemed flimsy and the ball just seem to clunk all over the place. Maybe I'm that bad

Cannot figure out why you think this. Go into the settings and set the turntable for faster spin if it bothers you. It is lightning fast if you set on highest setting. On Catwoman ramp, no flex at all. You must have one that is not properly seated. No clunks at all, when you learn flipper positions. Any game is clunky when the player doesn’t know where the shots are on the flippers. Geometry 101.

#1411 4 years ago

You sure those are drops on the left?

Might be stand ups

#1412 4 years ago

I think this game is going to be awesome! I also think the house does something. Can't wait to play....

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not surprised. #metoo and i wont be buying. Stern really is just pumping these pins out, thus woodhardness and overall satisfaction suffers.

Wood hardness and overall satisfaction are generally very good with Elvira machines though.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Houdini shot it reliably a LOT further into a better-constructed trunk.

The Elvira vuk looks like it would have to shoot perfectly in a straight line with almost zero drop due to gravity. That would have to take a lot of power!?

The distances on Houdini trunk shot and the width of a Stern playfield seem similar.
6B61CF09-0252-4896-B812-B0992AB24DD6 (resized).jpeg6B61CF09-0252-4896-B812-B0992AB24DD6 (resized).jpeg
251F14AE-7B9E-4FBF-9878-8FEE4D4E2806 (resized).jpeg251F14AE-7B9E-4FBF-9878-8FEE4D4E2806 (resized).jpeg

#1415 4 years ago

So finally after getting Scared Stiff for 20+ years, Elvira is shooting our balls?

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

So finally after getting Scared Stiff for 20+ years, Elvira is shooting our balls?

They're a couple blue ceramic balls for the Elvira Frenzy mode.

#1417 4 years ago

Looks awesome to me so far. Love the Haunted House of Horrors centerpiece toy. If it’s made of quality materials, it’s a pretty complex toy model, a bit like the MM castle, but maybe bigger? Looks really cool to me. If the code is solid and the animations are good, this should be a hit. I’m already checking my sofa cushions for $8k...

#1418 4 years ago

Definitely looks like ramp flaps in both orbits. Why? A standard orbit doesn’t need them, right? So is there something behind the house that’s more involved? So many secrets.

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Remember, this game is called Elvira's House of Horrors. The theme is more about the house and Elvira is merely the host/owner.
Elvira is only on the Scared Stiff playfield what, two times? And they're basically mirror image poses of each other. And she's nowhere on the SS cabinet.
I'm seeing at least 3 Elviras on the playfield. Near the crypt entrance, on the plastic above the side targets and in the top window of the house. I agree that more Elvira is always better but you need some balance with the theme elements.
EATPM admittedly has a LOT of Elviras on the playfield but that machine is *named* Elvira.

Robert, there are 6: in addition to the 3 you mentioned, she is also appears to be on the plastic under the left ramp just above the trunk, and in the right outlane where it turns to head left towards the drain hole it looks like she is carrying something, maybe a box of bones. Plus there's the Limited Edition card on the bottom left.

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Definitely looks like ramp flaps in both orbits. Why? A standard orbit doesn’t need them, right? So is there something behind the house that’s more involved? So many secrets.

Look like headlights on the cars to me

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You sure those are drops on the left?
Might be stand ups

I thought both sets were stand-up targets and not drops. The targets don’t look thick enough in the “grainy” photo.

#1422 4 years ago

The playfield looks pretty barren. That house better do something magical

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

3lvira's winning.

I hope not, that's horrible to type. HOH FTW!

#1425 4 years ago

The BG looks pretty cool and the cabinet artwork seems ok to me but not sure about the PF artwork. It just seems to be a lot of colour with no defined characters/images as per the previous two Elvira's. Also, as per other comments, there seems to be a lack of toys and pretty boring looking ramps. If the mansion did something it would be cool but looks like it's just a sculpt. Even if the code is good I am not sure that I would be able to put up the cash for this. Obviously early days...hopefully, when some more info becomes available it might become a more exciting option!

#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I hope not, that's horrible to type. HOH FTW!

I can manage Maiden. I'll manage 3lvira.

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can manage Maiden. I'll manage 3lvira.

Crack on then

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Looks like not that many RGB LEDs on the playfield

Oh. And thanks a lot for that.

#1429 4 years ago

Distributors had a presentation at 1am Chicago time this morning. Art, gameplay video and rule set shown, but no pricing details.

Sounds like we might hear more this week.

#1430 4 years ago

That chest on the left side of the playfield ? I was hoping for something more showy or revealing for Elvira's Chest.

Seems kind of small too to belong to Elvira.

#1431 4 years ago

Looking at the PF low res picture, seems the house number is 666. In another shot posted in this thread, it's 69-6... Seems the middle 6 might rotate. If so, there might actually be a lot of interactive features and goodies in this house.

Can't wait to see this in action!

#1432 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I really really hope stern doesn’t waste a new game on tmnt. Is this something in the works? Such a dorky theme.
What about another hs? Or a pinbot remake?
So many better themes out there than tmnt. Almost laughable.

Another pinbot remake? Bc three aren't enough but no I agree that's a lot less "dorky". Pinbot theme screams cool guy.

Word on the street is it's their December release. I can't wait.

Back to Elvira - although I'm a pass (bc there are so many either out or coming that interest me more theme wise) I wouldn't count this out yet. Art is terrible but designer and coder are great and they look to be building a deeper SS which would be fantastic. I would be calling out the fan layout too IF Stern didnt just gives us something fresh like JP.

Excited to see more of it.

#1433 4 years ago

Hoping to here about pricing today. Would like to get an order in for an LE.

#1434 4 years ago
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 10.40.30 am (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-16 at 10.40.30 am (resized).png
#1435 4 years ago

Thread is tl/dr.... is there actual verification from stern that the sales will model BM66 format (premium, LE, sle)? If so I’m out.... that’s just f’n dumb.

Mike

#1436 4 years ago

Not sure about the layout? Some of the shots look tight like Houdini and one shot in particular looks really hard to hit-the shot just to the right of the mansion looks like it is blocked by ramp? Wondering how you would hit it without third flipper?

This game is pricey-hopefully we will see some good deals on HUO/collector games come up for sale on marketplace as people prepare the hit to their wallets.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

right VUK looks like it shoots across the playfield into the trunk

Disagree here... the trunk is too small.. and to what end. It already is fed by the ramp. Why would it also be fed across playfield? Seems like a redundant idea to me anyway even if it is the case.

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Thread is tl/dr.... is there actual verification from stern that the sales will model BM66 format (premium, LE, sle)? If

No verification. No models or pricing have been announced.

#1439 4 years ago

It looks like after the trunk is fed via the VUK, the ball shoots out along the guide to arrive to the left side of the right ramp and go behind. Cant wait to see this in action

#1440 4 years ago

“Look babe! I got the new “turtles” pin”

Babe: <<immediately picks up cell to text other boyfriend>>

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure about the layout? Some of the shots look tight like Houdini and one shot in particular looks really hard to hit-the shot just to the right of the mansion looks like it is blocked by ramp? Wondering how you would hit it without third flipper?

That's the exit from the bumpers I think.

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This game is pricey-hopefully we will see some good deals on HUO/collector games come up for sale on marketplace as people prepare the hit to their wallets.

Good lord. The Houdini shots are not “too tight”, and I’m sure this game will play great too

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Cannot figure out why you think this. Go into the settings and set the turntable for faster spin if it bothers you. It is lightning fast if you set on highest setting. On Catwoman ramp, no flex at all. You must have one that is not properly seated. No clunks at all, when you learn flipper positions. Any game is clunky when the player doesn’t know where the shots are on the flippers. Geometry 101.

The left ramp still flexes like crazy. It's the mechanical design as they worked around the turntable.

The missed shots are clunky because it's just blue pads at the entrances.

"Clunky" has nothing to do with player skill... It has to do with what the rebounds and returns are in the game and the lines of the shots.

Game is amazing and fun - but PF geometry is not it's strong point. And hopefully the upcoming code will nerf some of the minor villian impacts leading to multi-billion scores.

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good lord. The Houdini shots are not “too tight”, and I’m sure this game will play great too

They say the same thing about ACNC all the time as well and it's not a problem once you practice a little.

#1445 4 years ago

I can't believe it's been 2.5 years since Cassandra leaked this at the TPF. Luckily someone caught it on video, was here and I remember Stern was upset that she leaked it.

#1446 4 years ago

It goes to show you how long it takes to develop and produce a pin correctly for market.

#1447 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seems easy; "Ev3" for me.

Well, see, here's the problem with this. There's one of those fat guy / disabled person scooters called an "EV3" so we don't want anybody to get confused!!!

Therefore it must be EHo3HVH. It's the only logical choice.

Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I can't believe it's been 2.5 years since Cassandra leaked this at the TPF. Luckily someone caught it on video, was here and I remember Stern was upset that she leaked it.

Did she say who's going to be on code?!?!

#1448 4 years ago

Surely an Elvira pinball has to have a real knocker?

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Surely an Elvira pinball has to have a real knocker?

Elvira's knockers are fake, expect the Stern one to be fake too!

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from fantomas:

That's the exit from the bumpers I think.

Bumpers?? If you mean Pop Bumpers I don't see any.......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 210.00
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
12,222 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.