pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 79.
#1301 4 years ago

Who is designer and who will be on code?

#1302 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

same with those dumbass ninja turtles. been there done that with that theme, lets put it to rest.

b/c you mention them again (TMNT), how have we been there done that with TMNT? There was 1 game basically 30 years ago. It's the opportune time for it to be released.....unless you're an old guy. Old guys on here hate TMNT. Old meaning you were born in the 70s or earlier.

#1303 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

That’s like saying Scared Stiff (SS) was named after Chevy’s performance cars...completely irrelevant.

Ya I get it. E3 is easy and quick. Might be the best.

#1304 4 years ago

This game is going to kick ass.

#1305 4 years ago

Not that it matters but E3 just doesn't make sense to me, sure if it were E1 and E2 before but as examples its unlike HS and HS2 or JP and JP2; 1st was EATPM and 2d was SS so it only seems right to make it EHOH... but I'm not in on this pin so I'm sure all of you will sort I out.

#1306 4 years ago

I really really hope stern doesn’t waste a new game on tmnt. Is this something in the works? Such a dorky theme.

What about another hs? Or a pinbot remake?

So many better themes out there than tmnt. Almost laughable.

#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who is designer and who will be on code?

Designer: Dennis Nordman
Software: Lyman Sheats

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Political Correctness is destroying our Country.

Watch Dave Chappelle's Sticks n Stones special on Netflix and have your faith restored.

#1309 4 years ago

i know people are complaining the game looks lame but honestly this game has potential. i think it looks fucking awesome! also, it’s more pinball! i couldn’t complain about that either and i don’t think anyone else in this hobby should be complaining about loren pinball. the more pinball the better.

MJR

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

b/c you mention them again (TMNT), how have we been there done that with TMNT? There was 1 game basically 30 years ago. It's the opportune time for it to be released.....unless you're an old guy. Old guys on here hate TMNT. Old meaning you were born in the 70s or earlier.

TNMT was released around 1984/85 if I remember correctly. So X-Gen grew up with them. I am not a big fan, but I thought it was an original/creative comic series and I like the story line. Please do not group me in the grumpy old man category! I think another pin with the TMNT theme would sell nicely if done along the lines of the original theme/story and characters.

Now back to EHoH!

#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Sadly all the good stuff will be in the SLE.

bull. bm66 sle was just some tacky bling.

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

SLE ? $18,500 WTF

If Stern wants to try the SLE scam again, they need to put some actual "super" upgrades into the design. Batman SLE had embarrassingly bad details, like vinyl pinstriping that came off from the heat of your hands just using it. It wouldn't have cost much to have ACTUAL pinstriping.

Also, they need to have enough extra parts stock that they can cover warranty replacements with parts that MATCH THE SLE CABINET. We had a bad coin door panel (de-laminated) and they couldn't supply a matching replacement because they didn't have parts. On a $15k machine. Let that set in.

SLE is a scam. I'm surprised they want to try to double dip, especially on a fairly lame-looking machine (compared to Scared Stiff, especially).

#1313 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

This looks like it should handle the rippling[quoted image]

Ah, they went for the Spooky non-fix and just moved the art out. Hopefully this isn't the "as designed" playfield solution.

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

bull. bm66 sle was just some tacky bling.

Literally the ONLY thing on the SLE that wasn't tacky bling was the cabinet art. The textured, foiled art was AMAZING. Not $15k amazing, but amazing. It should be standard on all LEs since it doesn't cost that much more.

But yeah, aside from that, the SLE "upgrades" were tacky and not well thought out. There were much better places they could have upgraded it, starting with the embarrassing Atomic Pile that the Mod Couple fixed for them.

#1315 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, they went for the Spooky non-fix and just moved the art out. Hopefully this isn't the "as designed" playfield solution.

If you look at other recent Stern releases they have bare areas around most posts. I know my Deadpool does, I’m not looking at my games but a believe a few of them do.

#1316 4 years ago

From K. Podcast

artworks-000598060718-nqz418-t500x500 (resized).jpgartworks-000598060718-nqz418-t500x500 (resized).jpg
#1317 4 years ago

I haven't been following the thread. Does anyone know what the house might do?

Reminds me of the castle in MM...just curious as to it's features. Ball lock is in a similar position to the lock on MM. It would be cool if the house was a multi staged toy like the castle, although it's not readily apparent what that might be.

#1318 4 years ago

I think the game looks like it could be a lot of fun. The price point no so much. Wonder what kind of topper could be created? Upper torso of Elvira leaning over the playfield and modestly (for the PC crowd) displaying her ample assets? LOL.

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

This game is going to kick ass.

Or it will be another Black Knight cluster fuck of a remake

#1320 4 years ago

Lyman on code!!!! Lyman on code!!!! Lyman on code!!!! Lyman on code!!!! Lyman on code!!!! Lyman on code!!!! [Removed repetition]

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

From K. Podcast[quoted image]

looks like eyes in the house ramp, wonder if it pops up

#1322 4 years ago

Appears to be hinged at the top

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

looks like eyes in the house ramp, wonder if it pops up

It does. No idea where the ball goes in either position though.

#1324 4 years ago

05E482A1-1C3C-4712-B667-A71267883551.gif05E482A1-1C3C-4712-B667-A71267883551.gifWhat a leak. This had to be on purpose. Happy with the pics and the machine.
What’s up with the metal post leaf switch covers by the house entrance? I like it but it seems like it could take a serious beating after time. Whats the purpose? To give the gargoyles more bounce or protection?

#1325 4 years ago

It also looks like each orbit has a ramp flap. I thought it was just a reflection on the right orbit but then I saw it on the left orbit too. Wondering why those are there.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

What’s up with the metal post leaf switches by the house entrance.

Look at the pic a few posts up. You can see they're hinged at the corner. You hit the face, pushing it inwards, and the top part lifts up. Same deal as was on EATPM.

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Ya I get it. E3 is easy and quick. Might be the best.

I'm not convinced. SS was not E2. BK3 didn't stick for BKSOR. I'm using EHOH myself, donkeys be damned!

#1328 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Look at the pic a few posts up. You can see they're hinged at the corner. You hit the face, pushing it inwards, and the top part lifts up. Same deal as was on EATPM.

More like the frogs on SS. Unless those tip back like EATPM instead of jumping up. But the teaser video intimated that they jumped up.

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

If you look at other recent Stern releases they have bare areas around most posts. I know my Deadpool does, I’m not looking at my games but a believe a few of them do.

Must be recent runs of them. They didn't start that way AFAIK.

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm not convinced. SS was not E2. BK3 didn't stick for BKSOR. I'm using EHOH myself, donkeys be damned!

3lvira?

#1331 4 years ago

In the castle closeup pic above it also seems as if the top tower where Elvira can be seen in the window does something. You can see a seam there at the top of the pic.

#1332 4 years ago
#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

More like the frogs on SS. Unless those tip back like EATPM instead of jumping up. But the teaser video intimated that they jumped up.

Sorry, my bad. Point is it's been done before, specifically on an Elvira theme.

Where the pin is in the corner, I don't see how they would go straight up, but I'm not at all familiar with the design of the SS frog 'mech' either. My take was that they wanted the gargoyles to 'lurch forward' which would make sense from how that hinge is placed.

#1334 4 years ago

Also, no pop bumpers? Maybe they are jot visible in the upper right, but I'd be cool with that.

Not every game needs them, and most of the time I rather have more features anyway.

#1335 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Also, no pop bumpers? Maybe they are jot visible in the upper right, but I'd be cool with that.
Not every game needs them, and most of the time I rather have more features anyway.

Pops look to be under ramp.

#1336 4 years ago

thread reminds me of the early batman '66 threads. so much negativity and Batman is one of the best games made.

#1337 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

From K. Podcast[quoted image]

The amount of mods that can be done for this house gets me all excited

#1338 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

In the castle closeup pic above it also seems as if the top tower where Elvira can be seen in the window does something. You can see a seam there at the top of the pic.

The cover swings open and balls ejaculate from there, smashing into the playfield .

#1339 4 years ago

I’m thinking there a physical ball lock to the left, and the balls spill out down the stairs via a VUK. You can also shoot the stairs ramp and the ball spills out to one of the orbits.

#1340 4 years ago

I bet the pin has some neat mechs /features its just hard to tell what's going on from the limited pics... its fun to guess tho.

#1341 4 years ago

I think this game looks pretty cool. I mean I wouldn't buy one but I'd like to play it.

#1342 4 years ago

Hope the ball has somewhere to go when the Centre ramp is down ie. doesn’t just hit a target up the top and then dribble back stdm. Surely not.

#1343 4 years ago

Any word on when Stern is going to release some gameplay video?

#1344 4 years ago

just imagine all the Elvira info that will come out tomorrow.

turtle love. make another thread.

#1345 4 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

The cover swings open and balls ejaculate from there, smashing into the playfield .

Bwaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Super Jackpot!!

#1346 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Good and Good.

#1347 4 years ago

For all the tmnt haters. I'm sorry to say this but tmnt is still one of the most reliable bankable franchises around. Turtles got a new 4 player game 2 years ago which according to operators is one of the best earning games of the last decade. The T.V show just got renewed for another season. Arcade 1up is releasing a tmnt/turtles in time combo machine which by the way is sold out and the movies which most people did not like are getting rebooted as well. If i was Stern i 300% cash in on the turtles. Theme the pin around the 80's and make the animations like they did Deadpool and It'll sell more than Beatles, Munsters, and Black knight combined.

#1348 4 years ago

This title looks like a route game but made for collectors?

#1349 4 years ago

Spider hole under the stair ramp ?

#1350 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

And maybe Tom Kopera as part of the design team on the apron?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/27?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.