pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 79.
#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Im hearing $12,500 on the LE’s and $18,500 on the SLE’s.

How do we know there even is a SLE going to be available? Distributors don't have pricing yet and somebody was just speculating that there might be a SLE, I don't think thats confirmed? Or am I wrong?

#1252 4 years ago

SLE ? $18,500 WTF

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

This theme does nothing for me, and the price is over the top. Wondering how many people under the age of 40 are interested in this title?

same with those dumbass ninja turtles. been there done that with that theme, lets put it to rest.

#1254 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I think the playfied looks very interesting and the mansion is badass.

The haunted mansion looks great! Looks similar in function to the castle on Medieval which many think to be the best playfield toy ever. The crypt, gargoyle leapers and other features look good, too. Plenty to shoot even with just two flippers.

Quoted from Honch:

The issue is the terrible color scheme with all that blue, light purple and pink on the side.

The playfield colors don't go well with the red side art and powder-coating on the LE. I think the playfield colors will go better with the black trim on the premium (and different aftermarket side art someone will offer). I do think the light show will be fantastic with all those playfield inserts and the five red flashers around the perimeter (like the six globes on Scared Stiff). And Lyman will need to do a lot of coding to fully utilize all of those inserts.

I'm hearing $12,500 on the LE’s and $18,500 on the SLE’s.

I sincerely hope you need to have your hearing checked by a professional.

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

So you love what makes the game different, and want the same thing in a new game. Got it.
Action of the game is on the playfield. The spider wheel is just a rip off of the cyclone wheel. EHOH will sell if it’s fun to play.

I didn’t say the same thing, just something interactive in the back box similar to SS. Read the post first before responding stupidly you fuckin dipshit!

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No mentions of "not buying because of PF situation with Stern"

I have already stated I'm out unless the blistering playfield situation is fixed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/112#post-5167451

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I see several people on here think it's an empty playfied. I actually thought it looked full and has plenty of things to shoot at.

Yeah, it looks to me like there are a lot of shots, and there could be cool stuff going on with the haunted house, crypt, etc. Havent appeared much, but you can't see if there's a subway going on there too, or other behind the scenes stuff.

Tons of inserts and looks like some good mode/goal variety... and wasn't a guy named LFS doing that there code? There's a lot of great promising stuff there!

#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Scared Stiff gets boring after 30 minutes.

I've heard that about you too!

south park 4 point plan 3 (resized).jpgsouth park 4 point plan 3 (resized).jpg
#1259 4 years ago

I may be in the minority but I can appreciate the simplicity of a two flipper layout. I have high hopes for the mechs and subway to provide enough variation with the shots.

I’m sure they understand the need to get creative with a fan layout and I’m confident they’ll deliver. It’s going to be a shooters game for sure. A nice step back in overly complicated multi leveled crowded playfields as of late.

I’m a player at $8K .... maybe $9 but definitely not $18 or $12 - that’s ridiculous.

My $0.02 - hope I’m right.

#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No interactive back box is a huge let down. Yes, I understand it was already done with SS but that’s what makes that game so awesome/different. It didn’t have to be a spider wheel but something that interacts with the game similarly would have been nice. No new innovation and a weak playfield layout is a huge disappointment for me. I’d much rather get an original SS or remake someday.

IMO there will be a "Spider Wheel" on the LCD - so the toy will still exist, but not in mechanical form.
The instruction sticker for the Action button includes a "Stop Hand of Fate Wheel" feature - which sounds a lot like a Spider Wheel.

#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No mentions of "not buying because of PF situation with Stern". LOL

I mentioned it once in another thread, but I'm not the broken record brigade. Sitting on my wallet till its proven to be resolved 100%.

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The haunted mansion looks great! Looks similar in function to the castle on Medieval which many think to be the best playfield toy ever. The crypt, gargoyle leapers and other features look good, too. Plenty to shoot even with just two flippers.

The playfield colors don't go well with the red side art and powder-coating on the LE. I think the playfield colors will go better with the black trim on the premium (and different aftermarket side art someone will offer). I do think the light show will be fantastic with all those playfield inserts and the five red flashers around the perimeter (like the six globes on Scared Stiff). And Lyman will need to do a lot of coding to fully utilize all of those inserts.

I sincerely hope you need to have your hearing checked by a professional.

I think you're right and I'll bet itll look a lot better in person than it does in the pics.

Quoted from wlf_:

Yeah, it looks to me like there are a lot of shots, and there could be cool stuff going on with the haunted house, crypt, etc. Havent appeared much, but you can't see if there's a subway going on there too, or other behind the scenes stuff.
Tons of inserts and looks like some good mode/goal variety... and wasn't a guy named LFS doing that there code? There's a lot of great promising stuff there!

No doubt. The code should be good and that's ultimately what's going to matter. Im actually pretty pumped up about this pin.

#1263 4 years ago

The biggest Pinball podcaster baby on the planet just launched a nice "pinside babies" edition for whining about the fact that Elvira is a "fan layout".

Gotta agree with Kman on that point, even though Kman whines and cries about shit non stop if it doesn't go his way. i.e. Wonka, insults hurled his way etc. LOL

Good entertainment, love the NSFW whiner editions

#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You just never know what you’ll get out of this crowd. I last checked in here at noon when the photos came out. Figured everybody would be creaming their jeans at the boobs and the big mansion and such.
23 hours later I find everybody hates it.
Also SJW!
So I guess I don’t have this place figured out after all. But I also find I’m less interested than ever in caring.
Anyway go Redskins! Whip them Cowboys!!

This is my general feeling about most of the posts in this thread.
Oddball-Kellys-Heroes-Donald-Sutherland (resized).jpgOddball-Kellys-Heroes-Donald-Sutherland (resized).jpg

#1265 4 years ago

Based on the picture it doesn’t look like the house has similar functionality as the one in Medieval Madness. But since we’re speculating, there could be the possibility of one of ramps lifting up to reveal something to bash like Munsters or Walking Dead. I’m hoping for a bunch of campy call-outs (with an adult version as an option), lots of videos of Elvira and movies she’s panned.

As others have said, there isn’t a lot of obvious things going on in the play field. It looks almost like a Pro model compared to other pins.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The biggest Pinball podcaster baby on the planet just launched a nice "pinside babies" edition for whining about the fact that Elvira is a "fan layout".
Gotta agree with Kman on that point, even though Kman whines and cries about shit non stop if it doesn't go his way. i.e. Wonka, insults hurled his way etc. LOL

Never heard of him...

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No interactive back box is a huge let down. Yes, I understand it was already done with SS but that’s what makes that game so awesome/different. It didn’t have to be a spider wheel but something that interacts with the game similarly would have been nice. No new innovation and a weak playfield layout is a huge disappointment for me. I’d much rather get an original SS or remake someday.

Wouldn't any interactive wheels or such happen on the screen?

#1268 4 years ago

The Haunted House toy in this game could be totally awesome - even better than the JP2 Dino!

Fan layouts can be great (a majority of the top rated games are fans) - it all comes down to the rules and code: and this game has LFS.
The game will likely have lots of Elvira Video Clips from across her career and possibly old B-Movie clips.

Other "Fan Layout" games coded by Lyman...
- Metallica
- AC/DC
- TWD
- BM66
- MM
- AFM
- MB

Considering the above list, that E3 will be joining - odds are pretty good this game could be awesome

Maybe someone else could chime in with a list of "Bad" fan layouts coded by Lyman???

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

K-diddle’s Pinside Podcast: Where the people who talk about pinball on the internet go to listen to all the latest news about the people who talk about pinball on the internet. Actual pinball content negligible.

#1270 4 years ago

What's it gonna be??? I have seen several versions already.

EHOH

HOH

EHoH

#1271 4 years ago

Plenty of room for magnets on the lower playfield.

Anybody have info on that?

#1272 4 years ago

Im hearing $12,500 on the LE’s and $18,500 on the SLE’s.

Muahahahaha!

#1273 4 years ago

Reminds me of BK3 in a few ways.

-It’s banking off of pinball nostalgia. Sure, Elvira has a brand outside of pinball - but it’s pretty niche. Stern is hoping pinball people will think “I loved those old Elvira games, I’ll get this one, too!” Didn’t work for Black Knight...fans/owners of classic games are happy with their classic games & have no interest in $10k Sterns. New pinball buyers don’t have nostalgia for the old games, so the themes have no sway with them.

-Art is worse than the beloved old versions. Weirdly busy & ugly color schemes on both. Strange character drawings that are flat & attempt perspective poorly. Even if you love the old versions, you can’t bring yourself to spend that much on a game that looks worse. It’s odd that the artist who did the first 2 Elviras did this and it ended up so wonky instead of outdoing the old ones in every way. Translite looks like a first pass that was thrown out, and someone fan-colored it.

What Elvira has that BK didn’t is Lyman. That alone will probably make this the best game in years.

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

EHOH
HOH
EHoH

None of the above... E3 is my vote! I'm with Levi... EHOH is totally donkey noises hahah

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

EHOH
HOH
EHoH

Its pretty easy to just type, or say, “Elvira 3”.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The Haunted House toy in this game could be totally awesome - even better than the JP2 Dino!
Fan layouts can be great (a majority of the top rated games are fans) - it all comes down to the rules and code: and this game has LFS.
The game will likely have lots of Elvira Video Clips from across her career and possibly old B-Movie clips.
Other "Fan Layout" games coded by Lyman...
- Metallica
- AC/DC
- TWD
- BM66
- MM
- AFM
- MB
Considering the above list, that E3 will be joining - odds are pretty good this game could be awesome
Maybe someone else could chime in with a list of "Bad" fan layouts coded by Lyman???

When you look at the inserts, drop targets on the left ala TWD, all the shots, potential modes, mini wizards, Cassandra callouts etc its not hard to see how Lyman could make this another EPIC game

I will buy one because of Lyman alone, what I already see, and assume that Stern isn’t dumb enough to not fix the pf issues again before this next release

There could be a few subways under the pf

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

EHOH
HOH
EHoH

None of the above...E3!!!

#1278 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I mentioned it once in another thread, but I'm not the broken record brigade. Sitting on my wallet till its proven to be resolved 100%.

This looks like it should handle the rippling

92131C0C-AF2D-4FA1-8FCA-AC546E262C20 (resized).png92131C0C-AF2D-4FA1-8FCA-AC546E262C20 (resized).png
#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

so why would you listen if his whining bothers you? pretty easy fix, id think!

#1281 4 years ago

CrazyLevi knows!

E3!
E3!
E3!

#1282 4 years ago

+1, E3 got my vote

The only thing potentially is, E3 is the name of that big video game expo, right? Doesn't bother me and I don't think that it would confuse. Pinball and video games are different, unless you're going video mode all day on GB in competition I suppose

#1283 4 years ago

Sadly all the good stuff will be in the SLE.

#1284 4 years ago

Terrible choice naming it after the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

EHH or HoH

#1285 4 years ago

E3 sounds good to me. Who decides these things??

#1286 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so why would you listen if his whining bothers you? pretty easy fix, id think!

Because i like whining and its entertaining while i'm riding my bike.

That's why, I like the Kman show, hypocrisy, whining, crybabyness, narcissism and all. Just keeping it real.

He does realize why manufacturers hate him now, can't have it both ways. Seriously though, if anyone takes their purchasing tips from a podcast, any of them, you need to have your heads examined.

And he right about Elvira.

#1287 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No mentions of "not buying because of PF situation with Stern". LOL

Interesting how the new JP2 PFs do not have art around the posts anymore...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Yet the "leaked" E3 pics still have art around at least the slingshot posts - almost as if they are trying to get the community to stop paying attention...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Stern says "Dance puppets!!!!!"

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Interesting how the new JP2 PFs do not have art around the posts anymore...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Yet the "leaked" E3 pics still have art around at least the slingshot posts - almost as if they are trying to get the community to stop paying attention...
[quoted image]
Stern says "Dance puppets!!!!!"

I'm sure the picture is from a prototype ... guess we will see. Also stern can make nice non defective play fields with art under the posts.

#1289 4 years ago

I can’t wait to play E3 at E3!!!

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Me.

And I say "No!".

#1291 4 years ago

Yep, no more art around the posts.

#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I have already stated I'm out unless the blistering playfield situation is fixed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/112#post-5167451

But the puddling will be called "pools of death" and are a selling point!

#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

EHH or HoH

Quoted from xsvtoys:

It will come down to what gets used the most.

People *hated* the WH2O acronym for Whitewater when it was suggested instead of WW, but it ended up being accepted in the long run.

I don't care what people call it. Just fix the playfield blistering issue so I can buy one. I don't really care for the Circle Of Missing Artwork (COMA!) solution but if that's the only way to prevent it, I'm good with it.

#1294 4 years ago

I'm going to ignore the negativity on this. I tend to like the games other people rip on (Hobbit, ACNC, Munsters) so I now have high hopes for this one. My observations:

- The idea of rotating Deadheads to bash is pretty cool, I hope that's the case. The skull could also tilt back to catch a ball in its mouth
- Tons of inserts...this thing is going to be a mode monster, could be the deepest ruleset ever. The Crypt Cleaner alone has 4 levels, 3 phases, 5 freak fryer settings, and something gone wild? Five items to collect that look like homages to Scared Stiff: Skeleton Key, Laboratory, Dagger, and two other items I can't make out...also 6 different jackpots
- The left ramp is not continuous, the trunk lid has 2 plastic tracks on it, so the trunk lid most likely lifts straight up rather than tilts back
- The mansion looks like it is made of 2 separate pieces, there is a split between the left side (where the drop target guards the basement) and the rest of the mansion...with all the empty room on the right side of the playfield and a flat metal piece there, I wouldn't be surprised if the large mansion piece slides to the right to reveal the interior of the mansion
- The crypt kicker definitely fires the ball across the playfield into the trunk
Looks like an image of Drac in the left outlane with the words "Look Up", another Scared Stiff reference but maybe also a kickback?
- I count 6 images of Elvira in the game (not all are full body images however)
- Love some of the humor being used..."Elvira's Back Door", "Beware! Drain Monsters Suck...Like Giant Leeches!" the "36-28-36" measurements

I think this game is going to be awesome!!!

#1295 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

EHH or HoH

That’s like saying Scared Stiff (SS) was named after Chevy’s performance cars...completely irrelevant.

#1296 4 years ago

The color scheme on the PF reminds me of wheel of Fortune

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

the "36-28-36" measurements

Not to be too picky, but it's 36-24-36

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

EHH or HoH

Given the lack-luster response to the leaked pictures it should be "ehh"

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Not to be too picky, but it's 36-24-36

Maybe it was 20 years ago.

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

same with those dumbass ninja turtles.

Most lame theme in history.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,000 (Firm)
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/26?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.