pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 79.
#1201 4 years ago

Going to be another turd like the Munsters.

#1202 4 years ago

Looks like a SM home model..........hopefully its priced like one.

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

delt31 we get it...you want a TMNT pin and you are not buying Elvira’s House of Horrors. This is an E3 thread if you haven’t noticed...so go start a TMNT thread about everything you hope to see so that they can make it exactly to your liking.

Agreed - I've gone a little overboard in the wrong thread.... Just keeps on being brought up. Haha

#1204 4 years ago

Price on the LE?

#1205 4 years ago

( . )( . ) Keeping an eye(or two) on this thread.

#1206 4 years ago

Pricing hasn’t been announced. Expect more details next week.

People are getting bent out of shape because of the rumor E3 has a Batman-like pricing model. It appears that E3 has less on the PF than Batman and there is no integrated topper so I don’t think we are going to see LEs at $10k.

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

You need an anatomy lesson.

#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You need an anatomy lesson.

Or I need to grow up.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Going to be another turd like the Munsters.

Nope.... Munsters is way better.

#1210 4 years ago

This one is a easy no. I’m out

#1211 4 years ago

There’s no way that right hand scoop (or whatever you call it) is going to send the ball across the playfield to load the trunk. That just seems silly - too much room for error.

#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Such a small representation of Elvira on the playfield is a bit disappointing.

I agree with this. Was expecting better Elvira images on the playfield. But it is so loaded with various inserts that I am sure Lyman's code for this will be very deep. (And also noted from the playfield that Elvira's measurements are apparently 36-24-36.)

I don't care about powder coated trim or speaker lights or a numbered plaque, so if there is only one playfield version, then the only thing making me want the LE is Elvira pictured on the side of the cabinet versus only bland lettering on the premium. Will have to see if there is any other difference (such as more RGB inserts on the LE than premium). Pricing may force me to go with the bland cab, which would be disappointing. Need to know actual street prices.

#1213 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Need to know actual street prices.

A lot, and too much.

#1214 4 years ago

I thought Stern said that with the next few titles we are going to see thinks that have never been done before.

WTF....were they talking about price point

#1215 4 years ago

too expensive for what they offer ...

#1216 4 years ago

I have a feeling this game has a lot more going on then we see with just a playfield pic. I think it's gonna be great! ......maybe not Scared Stiff great....but great!

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I have a feeling this game has a lot more going on then we see with just a playfield pic. I think it's gonna be great! ......maybe not Scared Stiff great....but great!

Scared Stiff gets boring after 30 minutes.

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Nope.... Munsters is way better.

I really wanted to like the Munsters, but it just sucks.

#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

If what I hear about the possible pricing for this pin is true.... Alice Cooper's Nightmare castle is a bargain compared to this thing...

If all you care about is the price then sure. Both have a castle so they’re clearly the same. By that logic data east Jurassic Park is an amazing bargain compared to Stern Jurassic Park.

ACNC is built nice and looks nice, but the shots are so tight as to make it really a struggle to play IMHO. Sometimes I wonder if people actually play the games in their collections.

#1220 4 years ago

If the game isnt fun and is overpriced. All this will do is shoot SS prices even further up

#1221 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If the game isnt fun and is overpriced. All this will do is shoot SS prices even further up

How? The existence of a new Elvira game doesn’t change how many existing SS games there are. Since the pool of collector dollars are finite, at best it would slightly decrease its price as now their are more games chasing the same amount of collectors.

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

How? The existence of a new Elvira game doesn’t change how many existing SS games there are. Since the pool of collector dollars are finite, at best it would slightly decrease its price as now their are more games chasing the same amount of collectors.

SS prices have dropped bc of this game potentially outdoing it. If this fails SS will rise

#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

There’s no way that right hand scoop (or whatever you call it) is going to send the ball across the playfield to load the trunk. That just seems silly - too much room for error.

That was my initial thought too, but with the wide open lower playfield and unusual VUK design I think it’s a possibility. Hard to picture the trajectory of the ball though without it hitting the glass or doing damage.

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Needs more inserts

Needs more ELVIRA!

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Hard to picture the trajectory of the ball though without it hitting the glass or doing damage.

That would surely make the bubbling artwork crack.

#1226 4 years ago

My guess is that the crypt will have multiple 3D heads that rotate via a mech inside the crypt and show up to be hit by the ball. I’m guessing the different heads will provide different perks in the code.

#1227 4 years ago

Damn so we all hate this, with occasional sporadic bursts of hope and unabated “SJW” whining?

I’m going back to bed.

#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

But that age group puts more money into location pinball.

Plenty of Gen-X's still pumping money into location. That along with home sales being bigger these days, keeps my point valid.

#1229 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

The game needs a couple of big, beautiful...eyes on the playfield!

#1230 4 years ago

No interactive back box is a huge let down. Yes, I understand it was already done with SS but that’s what makes that game so awesome/different. It didn’t have to be a spider wheel but something that interacts with the game similarly would have been nice. No new innovation and a weak playfield layout is a huge disappointment for me. I’d much rather get an original SS or remake someday.

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Needs more ELVIRA!

Unlike SS and EATPM, people need to realize this has a freggin tv screen that I’m sure will make up for the 1-2 more static Elvira’s pics people think are missing on the PF.

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Scared Stiff gets boring after 30 minutes.

I guess that depends of how good of a player you are. I have my SS for over 18 years and I still don't think it's boring.

As far as complexity of rules goes, it seems to me the EHOH game will have more going on than SS.

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Unlike SS and EATPM, people need to realize this has a freggin tv screen that I’m sure will make up for the 1-2 more static Elvira’s pics people think are missing on the PF.

With pictures of these old monsters on the side, I’d bet they have the rights to show the clips and we will have Batman 66 immersion. I’m excited to see how the mechs work!

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

With pictures of these old monsters on the side, I’d bet they have the rights to show the clips and we will have Batman 66 immersion. I’m excited to see how the mechs work!

How dare you be positive in this thread?!?!

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I really wanted to like the Munsters, but it just sucks.

I beat Madness on my 3rd game at a local barcade, no thanks

#1236 4 years ago

The red and green text-only cabinet art is pretty hideous. Layout seems fine. Plastic ramps are not cool though. Would also be worried the art style for the LCD will be similar to Aerosmith...

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

How dare you be positive in this thread?!?!

You just never know what you’ll get out of this crowd. I last checked in here at noon when the photos came out. Figured everybody would be creaming their jeans at the boobs and the big mansion and such.

23 hours later I find everybody hates it.

Also SJW!

So I guess I don’t have this place figured out after all. But I also find I’m less interested than ever in caring.

Anyway go Redskins! Whip them Cowboys!!

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No interactive back box is a huge let down. Yes, I understand it was already done with SS but that’s what makes that game so awesome/different. It didn’t have to be a spider wheel but something that interacts with the game similarly would have been nice. No new innovation and a weak playfield layout is a huge disappointment for me. I’d much rather get an original SS or remake someday.

So you love what makes the game different, and want the same thing in a new game. Got it.

Action of the game is on the playfield. The spider wheel is just a rip off of the cyclone wheel. EHOH will sell if it’s fun to play.

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

The red and green text-only cabinet art is pretty hideous. Layout seems fine. Plastic ramps are not cool though. Would also be worried the art style for the LCD will be similar to Aerosmith...

I feel the same way.

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

So you love what makes the game different, and want the same thing in a new game. Got it.
Action of the game is on the playfield. The spider wheel is just a rip off of the cyclone wheel. EHOH will sell if it’s fun to play.

Yeah, “we want something new and innovative/why isn’t this exactly like some 20 year old game” is always a funny one.

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Price on the LE?

Im hearing $12,500 on the LE’s and $18,500 on the SLE’s.

#1242 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Whoa.....

#1243 4 years ago

If that's the case, I have no interest...probably little interest at half that.

#1244 4 years ago

No mentions of "not buying because of PF situation with Stern". LOL

It's LYMAN SHEETS, we all know what he does with games and he's got a lot to work with here.

Compare this layout to BM66. That's now a GREAT pin because of Lyman's work.

Not to mention the video assets and integration with Stern have been elevated to another level!

#1245 4 years ago

Distributors did not get pricing yet

#1246 4 years ago

I think the playfied looks very interesting and the mansion is badass. I agree, it is a little short on the Elvira artwork on the playfied, but the bigger issue is the terrible color scheme. Too much of a rainbow with all that blue, light purple and pink on the side.

The colors wouldn't stop me from buying it, but it doesn't go with the theme imo. I'm still looking forward to playing this pin and will reserve judgement until I do.

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No mentions of "not buying because of PF situation with Stern". LOL
It's LYMAN SHEETS, we all know what he does with games and he's got a lot to work with here.
Compare this layout to BM66. That's now a GREAT pin because of Lyman's work.
Not to mention the video assets and integration with Stern have been elevated to another level!

If E3 were a state, fair to say it would be Texas! Game’s gonna rule!

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Geometrically speaking you're going to have a hard time making a not-fan layout in a two flipper game.

..and now you know why people groan when they hear two flipper game

But classically... look at all the playfield variations we had in EMs for decades.... fan layouts aren’t the only thing you see. But when you try to make everything a shot from the flipper... you run into fan centric ideas..

#1249 4 years ago

I see several people on here think it's an empty playfied. I actually thought it looked full and has plenty of things to shoot at.

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. One topside photo of pf and the vinegar and salt come out. Gotta love it.

Look forward to seeing in action including those B-movie horror clips.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

11,855 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/25?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.