pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 79.
#1151 4 years ago

I'm on the side of pass for this one till I see a better image of the playfield but this just looks meh.
Should've had bigger pic of elvira on the pf.
If TMNT is next, then I'm all in for LE!!(I was born in 1980, Kawabunga!!) And it was the cartoon that most fell in love with as a kid. Movie followed few years after.

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Another boring, uninspired fan layout with a flashy title. I really, really wanted this one, but I just can't do another fan layout like this.
And for that reason, I'm out!

The layout would look more compelling if they hadn't remade Monster Bash and Medieval Madness.

#1153 4 years ago

Reminds me of Munsters but with plastic ramps....

Lyman will make everyone want one of course.

They will sell all 400 LE's and BM66 proved there was a market for SLE's.

#1154 4 years ago

Obviously we have not played it yet

But initially im not a fan of the FAN layout again from stern

Www.Anchor.fm/bosshog

Try episode 50

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Since all images of Elvira are cartoon, I am thinking the display is going to be cartoon based as well. Such a small representation of Elvira on the playfield as well, it's a bit disappointing.
Rob

Agree. The last 2 titles were fairly cartoony, but better. I was hoping the 3rd would change it up and go more realism. Do not like the backglass at all. I'm hanging on by a thread, but if the display is more cartoons, I think I'm out.

#1156 4 years ago

"OH POO"

#1157 4 years ago

that pin is downright ugly!

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Elvira fan
Sorta looks like a home version of MMr
Time will tell.
Weird eject on the right?[quoted image]

That eject is opposite of the trunk on the left....all I'm saying....

#1159 4 years ago

Looks like ramps guarding standups with some mechanical animation with them dudes.

Expo here we come. It is gonna be good. Welcome back Nordman. And Elvira.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1160 4 years ago

Well it's gonna have Gappa the Trifibian Monster, Ha Ha Wow.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061550/videoplayer/vi1520435481?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Gappa (resized).jpgGappa (resized).jpg
#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Big difference as this is a brand and character created by her, not some guys idea of "humor" at the expensive of a women. She talks empowerment and I have seen her post about female social issues. This is a great example of when context is key. She has an incredibly large female fan base as well. I doubt you will hear as much about people being offended.
Your SJW comment says loads about you though.

California, go figure. I wonder how many of the upvoters are sjw from Cali. They need to worry about Hep B in the streets, homelessness and open air drug dens. Those are real problems. SJW dont worry about real problems though...

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Wow ! My post saying if it's creepy to say you love boobies then call me creepy with a picture of a fully clothed lady is deleted and the post that says if you love boobies you're creepy , is allowed to stand , pinside has become more PC than my local council where you can't say Merry Christmas because you might offend someone . Sorry to get political

Not everyone says Merry Christmas, because not everyone was born to Christian parents, like you.

Make sense?

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Not everyone says Merry Christmas, because not everyone was born to Christian parents, like you.
Make sense?

Then those people should move along. Like when I hear Alahu Akbar, I know to move along, its going to be an explosive good time!

#1164 4 years ago

So about that Elvira....

#1165 4 years ago

I hope you fire manually at that trunk while the lid is moving up/down .

#1166 4 years ago

NOoooooo not another fan layout!! Hope it shoots better than Munsters.

Was never going to live up to the hype , but from a PF design/imagination perspective its the weakest of the 3. Let's see...

#1167 4 years ago

Get it

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hope it shoots better than Munsters.

You can criticize Munsters for a number of things, but the way it shoots is not one of them.

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You can criticize Munsters for a number of things, but the way it shoots is not one of them.

Felt very lame to me but I'm not a fan of open fan layouts.

#1172 4 years ago

Nothing wrong with a fan layout if you don't already have one

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Weird eject on the right?

Am curious if there is a subway from the house that feeds it. One of the lockdown bar button features is to fire the crypt kicker. Also says it stops the hand of fate wheel so that must be on the display.

#1174 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Felt very lame to me but I'm not a fan of open fan layouts.

Munsters is great fan layout - every shot is where you think it should be and it has flow for days. The ramps are both different and cool. But as @screaminr said, they can feel a little bland once you’ve played a few. AC/DC for example is widely seen as one of the best modern Stern layouts. It’s almost identical to Munsters, but Imo Munsters feels even better.

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Am curious if there is a subway from the house that feeds it.

Either that or from the basement in the castle.

#1176 4 years ago

Cool video! I think that right to left VUK theory is a real stretch, but I hope it's right!

The trunk opening to take the ball from the ramp seems more realistic. But then if its just a VUK the PF is going to take some hammer where the ball lands.

Looking forward to learning more!

#1177 4 years ago

If they are charging bm66 pricing for such a barren game, thats really lame. It may be fun to shoot and have some cool things, but it really leaves a lot to be desired. I hope that’s not the finished product.

Really wish they wouldn’t release games so fast, cannibalizes previous games. JP premiums and LEs have barely shipped yet and they are already announcing new games. No wonder there are playfield issues, things appear rushed.

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Nothing wrong with a fan layout if you don't already have one

I have lotr which is a fan layout, but theres more to the design than just that. As suggested maybe there are some sweet features here which you cant see from these pics. Needs as official release vid with shots, music and the Queen herself!

#1179 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

The trunk opening to take the ball from the ramp seems more realistic.

That will be a little disappointing my Goldeneye from 96 does that, hopeful the VUK feeds the trunk like Aerosmith mainly because it will be cool to watch but also to save the playfield if that VUK hits the playfield/targets that’s not going to be pretty after about a week!

#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

But a really stupid cartoon that had movies featuring Vanilla Ice?? That's exciting to some of you??

How dare you!
Go ninja. Go ninja. Go.

#1181 4 years ago

My first impression is that the playfield looks very similar to Kingpin

King Pin image 7 (resized).jpgKing Pin image 7 (resized).jpg
#1182 4 years ago
Quoted from Buck:

My first impression is that the playfield looks very similar to Kingpin

Hopefully it's not your last because I'm not really seeing it.

#1183 4 years ago

no way that VUK is for the trunk, the speed it would need to come out to not drop would smash that ramp/trunk to bits. Almost certainly for hitting those 3 targets below it.

#1184 4 years ago

Playfield art looks cool. Looks like there are 4 cargoils on a stick, like the leapers in SS. Hitting them enough times will start Cargoil gone wild. Just hope that it's not a game where every achievement results in a multiball.
Looks like there is a mini stiff-o-meter in the freak fryer, possibly two.
Collecting 5 accessories, each with a color of their own (red, green, yellow, blue, orange)
Playfield multipliers (2x, 4x)
Looks like the Deadhead Family Crypt has a door that 'opens' by moving up to reveal the 3D deadhead as a bashtoy. That could work like a MM troll mech coming up, pushing the door up.
Curious whether the ball can enter the house at the top of the stairs, or it just rolls down again. Opening up like MM would make sense.
Pops are probably in the same place as in SS / MM
Basement ball lock reminds a lot of Castle ball lock in MM, but could still be fun.
The standup targets below the trunk on the left open the trunk. Not sure if there is a lock mech on the left ramp as well (pin popping up to stop the ball)
If the various window in the house can be lit separately, that could be cool. Sort of tour the mansion by lighting a room when you've visited it.
Gappa Angry wizard mode?
Building up the Crypt cleaner, or having to clean it multiple times (3 phases).
I can see the references to MM, but it looks like it may have a few additional features. Again, hoping the multiballs will be dosed carefully.

#1185 4 years ago

Yawn.

This is all I'm thinking about right now.

And yes I'm an 80s kid. God help Stern if they go tmnt and release anything else but the 80s version. No one wants that Nickelodeon garbage.

#1186 4 years ago

Looks like it might be ok, depending on code and Elvira's iconic callouts (?). But it looks like a kind of a generic, open fan layout - as others have said.

Since I have limited funds and room, I might save my $ for a JP2 if they can confirm no clearcoat issues on the unit (or purchase a chipped/used one at a discount). I've played JP2: IMO the layout and depth are Dialed In-level of genius...with a theme that I like (not a cell phone theme).

So thanks for the leaks, Stern! Helps me figure out which of your fine games I will purchase.

#1187 4 years ago

Geometrically speaking you're going to have a hard time making a not-fan layout in a two flipper game. You want them to make a two flipper game with a bunch of shit you can't hit from the flippers?

#1188 4 years ago

I wouldn't underestimate this game. Sure it's another fan layout, but if Lyman's on code like all the rumors state, this will likely be a top game in another year and a half. Layout looks more fun than BM66 and that game is a hit now.

I do like the playfield art and think that the theme could be fun. I like the first two Elvira games. Add Lyman to the formula and it could be something special!

#1189 4 years ago

Lyman is the wildcard for sure.

#1191 4 years ago

Like it!! Probably nice to bash everything. Did not know Pinball Amigo’s were involved :-p

#1192 4 years ago

This theme does nothing for me, and the price is over the top. Wondering how many people under the age of 40 are interested in this title?

#1193 4 years ago

If what I hear about the possible pricing for this pin is true.... Alice Cooper's Nightmare castle is a bargain compared to this thing...

#1194 4 years ago

No Pro = No Purchase

Anybody have a shot of the black trimmed game verifying its the Premium or a shot of the backbox where you can see the nameplate.

#1195 4 years ago

delt31 we get it...you want a TMNT pin and you are not buying Elvira’s House of Horrors. This is an E3 thread if you haven’t noticed...so go start a TMNT thread about everything you hope to see so that they can make it exactly to your liking.

#1196 4 years ago

I have always thought Scared Stiff was grossly overpriced but this may take home the new prize.

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

If what I hear about the possible pricing for this pin Alice Coopers Nightmare castle is a bargain compared to this thing...

Elviras playfield looks more like a Pro model - pricing it at Premium and up is pushing the envelope for sure. Don't understand this as Casandra Petersen cuts all her own licensing deals. There was no middle man to take a cut. I'd think Stern could have offered normal release on this game.

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

If what I hear about the possible pricing for this pin is true.... Alice Cooper's Nightmare castle is a bargain compared to this thing...

Whats the new price?

#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

To be fair, your age group isn't buying pins in any great numbers.

But that age group puts more money into location pinball.

#1200 4 years ago

This game looks pretty lame compared to JP. It isn't cannibalizing anything, IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.50
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 210.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/24?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.