pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 79.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I really hope the Stern team can bring cool and fun hidden treasures to Elvira 3.

Yea right....

#802 4 years ago

I question if this will be announced in time for Halloween.
JP2 just hit the line and I doubt Stern wants to slow down those sales.

#803 4 years ago

Thanks! Yeah, Dennis was fun to speak with. I was going to go for Part 2, but all my questions would be about E3 and Deeproot and he probably can't say anything for publication.

#804 4 years ago

@spfxted, since you started the #SS club and RobertWinter and you are so connected to the Elvira projects ... I'm wondering if you both can arrange something special for all of us (well, the interested people) "Elvira pinball fans".

Some kind of exclusive event with the Elvira club, Stern, Dennis, Greg, Cassandra, etc that can happen around the release...

I'm sure the design team (and Stern) would be happy to have a bunch of fans like us during the launch to help spread the excitement. I'll help you organize if you think it's possible. Can't hurt to reach out to Greg or Dennis...

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Elvira will also be at the Chiller Theatre Convention Oct 25-26 in Jersey!
www.chillertheatre.com[quoted image]

That's great news, Ted!! I've been waiting for her to come back into the area. I hear she doesn't dress as Elvira for East coast shows anymore. Is that true?

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

That's great news, Ted!! I've been waiting for her to come back into the area. I hear she doesn't dress as Elvira for East coast shows anymore. Is that true?

Yes I have heard the same, that she doesn't go in character. If you poke around for pictures of events they seem to corroborate that story.

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Sales are already slowing.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

It will be earlier.
It’s also not a ‘real’ Stern game but a Kapow game. These are no Stern cornerstone games.

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

spfxted, since you started the #SS club and robertwinter and you are so connected to the Elvira projects ... I'm wondering if you both can arrange something special for all of us (well, the interested people) "Elvira pinball fans".

Some kind of exclusive event with the Elvira club, Stern, Dennis, Greg, Cassandra, etc that can happen around the release...

I'm sure the design team (and Stern) would be happy to have a bunch of fans like us during the launch to help spread the excitement. I'll help you organize if you think it's possible. Can't hurt to reach out to Greg or Dennis...

I will speak to her at the show and hopefully get some info.
Not sure about the costume thing. The last time she was in costume, but I also heard she wants to stop that....

elvira 2 (resized).jpgelvira 2 (resized).jpg
#810 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

It’s also not a ‘real’ Stern game but a Kapow game.

Are you certain this is the case? I'm thinking that since the game was designed by Dennis Nordman & the art is by Greg Freres it would be a Whizbang Pinball production manufactured through Stern much like WNBJM. Case in point - (from Pinball News) Following up on the successful collaboration that brought Whoa Nellie Big Juicy Melons to the market, the new project will present a modern pinball game created in the fun, campy style for which the Whizbang team is known. (from Stern - April 2016) “We are thrilled to be doing a brand new game with Dennis and Greg. The Whizbang team brings a unique energy and feel to their games that resonates with pinball players around the world,” said Gary Stern, CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc.

If not this, then they maybe they have sold their rights to produce the game directly to Stern? I just don't think Kapow plays a role in this title, but I don't know for certain nor do I have any insider information.

#811 4 years ago

I am really, really hoping there will be a pro priced model. Not tying to spend batman money.

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I will speak to her at the show and hopefully get some info.
Not sure about the costume thing. The last time she was in costume, but I also heard she wants to stop that....[quoted image]

Dang out of all those hundreds of great pictures of you with all the celebrities this one makes me the most envious.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Sales are already slowing.

This game earns like a mother fucka, also casuals and hardcore players dig it so I doubt sales suck. To me it is a cornerstone title.

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I am really, really hoping there will be a pro priced model. Not tying to spend batman money.

If there is a pro (i'm hearing there will be) then i'm truly considering one. I'm gradually putting newer games out and doing my best to keep my area kinda fresh.

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

If there is a pro (i'm hearing there will be) then i'm truly considering one. I'm gradually putting newer games out and doing my best to keep my area kinda fresh.

Where are you hearing that? Dennis Nordman has said he designed only one model for it. Lyman Sheets has said his next game will not be a cornerstone release (Pro, Premium, LE), and he's highly rumored to be coding it. Very plausible, since he hasn't done a game since Batman '66.

Everything points to this be a special release, perhaps in the same mold as Batman '66 with Premium, LE, and SLE.

#816 4 years ago

Sorry whizbang, no kapow.
But not a stern cornerstone game

#817 4 years ago

I sure hope the game isn’t a myth. I missed out on a Scared Stiff recently and have since been holding off on a new game in hopes that Elvira 3 comes out.

#818 4 years ago

Perhaps the design of this game and layout is not conducive to the standard Pro and Premium game types. Maybe they've decided it will be one version, or two with an LE that has non gameplay changing enhancements. Who knows, it's all speculation at this point. One thing is certain if the design that Dennis did for Stern remains unchanged or at best, worthy enhancements made, we should be happy. Dennis designs great fun games and I can't wait to see what he's designed for Deeproot Pinball.

#819 4 years ago

Casandra Petersen cuts her own licensing deals on all her stuff. Shouldn't be a middle man in the equation.

Think there is hope for a cornerstone game. Guess we will see when it's released. It's been on the back burner a long time. The game could have been revamped. Nordman at Deeproot could be one of the reasons this has been delayed so long. It could have been redesigned. It's been a year since it was supposed to be released. Speculation.

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

You mean something like this?
Schermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).pngSchermafbeelding 2019-09-12 om 15.57.48 (resized).png
In the recent Pinball Magazine & Pinball News podcast it was already hinted that the Stern party was moved from Saturday to Friday to accommodate a special guest. Now that it's on Elvira's website, I guess the cat is out of the bag.

#821 4 years ago

October 18th can’t come soon enough!

#822 4 years ago

Oh yeah this looks promising!!

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not sure about the costume thing. The last time she was in costume, but I also heard she wants to stop that....

She no longer makes convention/signing appearances in costume.

Quoted from wayinla:

I sure hope the game isn’t a myth.

Not a myth. It's real!

#824 4 years ago

I talked to my distributor the other day and he mentioned that he hears elvira 3 will be sterns next major release. I mentioned i heard it might be a release like the beatles and he made it sound like it will be their next major typical 3 tiered title released in either dec or jan. But again he doesn't know for sure. Let the rumor mill rollll i know im hoping it is a major release.

#825 4 years ago

Outdoing SS is a tall order
Cross your fingers

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

This game earns like a mother fucka, also casuals and hardcore players dig it so I doubt sales suck. To me it is a cornerstone title.

I dont think he.means that sales are slowing due to the Elvira theme, i think he probably means sales are.slowimg because of all the pooling and chipping playfields and i believe that he is right. Elvira 3 will earn great on route i think but there are tons of people that wont buy a NIB game until they get this playfield thing fixed.

#827 4 years ago

One playfield design. Another Lyman coded masterpiece. It’s had two years to cook so hopefully it’s done and ready to rock.

Similar model/tier to Bat66.
Super LE available through Elvira only.

#828 4 years ago

I'm hoping the call outs will be fun with an "adult" option. After all, it's Elvira!

#829 4 years ago

Has Stern’s “full moon” on facebook something to do with the Elvira 3 release?

#830 4 years ago

Distribs are saying today is the day to announce......

#831 4 years ago

Well, it IS Friday the 13th...

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Distribs are saying today is the day to announce......

NOPE

Kinda makes you wonder. With all of the sexual innuendo's with Elvira and her two previous titles to which do not offend me (I love boobies )
...what social justice warriors will be offended by this new game in 2019 and try to speak out for change and Elvira to wear a Burka LOL .
Christopher Franchi got grief over comic book artwork created for a Pinball Show and most recently American Pinball had
to change the backglass on Oktoberfest because of a monkey with a hand up a girls skirt (a cartoon, fictitious none the less).

Just my .02
Such a bummer so many people are so easily offend these days

Me and the Mistress of the dark a few years back.
booby monkey.gifbooby monkey.gif

me & elvira (resized).jpgme & elvira (resized).jpg
#833 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

NOPE
Kinda makes you wonder. With all of the sexual innuendo's with Elvira and her two previous titles to which do not offend me (I love boobies )
...what social justice warriors will be offended by this new game in 2019 and try to speak out for change and Elvira to wear a Burka LOL .
Christopher Franchi got grief over comic book artwork created for a Pinball Show and most recently American Pinball had
to change the backglass on Oktoberfest because of a monkey with a hand up a girls skirt (a cartoon, fictitious none the less).
Just my .02
[quoted image]

Big difference as this is a brand and character created by her, not some guys idea of "humor" at the expensive of a women. She talks empowerment and I have seen her post about female social issues. This is a great example of when context is key. She has an incredibly large female fan base as well. I doubt you will hear as much about people being offended.

Your SJW comment says loads about you though.

#834 4 years ago

NOPE
Just my .02
[quoted image]

Political Correctness is destroying our Country.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I talked to my distributor the other day and he mentioned that he hears elvira 3 will be sterns next major release. I mentioned i heard it might be a release like the beatles and he made it sound like it will be their next major typical 3 tiered title released in either dec or jan. But again he doesn't know for sure. Let the rumor mill rollll i know im hoping it is a major release.

He's clueless. Released in December? Nope.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Every post that you make says loads about you also.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Big difference as this is a brand and character created by her, not some guys idea of "humor" at the expensive of a women. She talks empowerment and I have seen her post about female social issues. This is a great example of when context is key. She has an incredibly large female fan base as well. I doubt you will hear as much about people being offended.

Uh, he wasn't supporting SJW ideology in his post. Go back and read it again.

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Uh, he wasn't supporting SJW ideology in his post. Go back and read it again.

Oh I know he wasn’t, but people that actually use that phrase, it says a lot about them.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Every post that you make says loads about you also.

Good! I hope it does.

#839 4 years ago

My very secret sources tell me that it will be very politically incorrect.

Politically incorrect callouts include:
America deserved 9-11
I'll respect the troops when they show up at my house to suck my dick
and
40% of police officers have been reported for beating their spouses

Finally someone is willing to stand up to those politically correct types

#840 4 years ago

A very close source told me that this game is officially being revealed on Monday. *fingers crossed* It sounds awesome!

#841 4 years ago

Too bad about the pricing structure - if it is priced like Batman66 levels then I am out on Elvira.

If it had a Pro priced model I'd be in for sure. Too bad, I was looking forward to this for a long time.

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Too bad about the pricing structure - if it is priced like Batman66 levels then I am out on Elvira.
If it had a Pro priced model I'd be in for sure. Too bad, I was looking forward to this for a long time.

My thoughts exactly....

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Quoted from Bohdi:

My thoughts exactly....

Unless it's really, really good.

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Political Correctness is destroying our Country.

I blame our downfall on unnecessary capitalization.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from LazyLlama:

My very secret sources tell me that it will be very politically incorrect.

Politically incorrect callouts include:
America deserved 9-11
I'll respect the troops when they show up at my house to suck my dick
and
40% of police officers have been reported for beating their spouses

Finally someone is willing to stand up to those politically correct types

SMH @ those snowflakes downvoting your post. People are so sensitive these days.

#846 4 years ago

Stop shitting up a perfectly good pinball thread pinside what the hell is wrong with you

#847 4 years ago

For those of you that don't have Facebook. Posted today.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#848 4 years ago

Anything could happen ...

... except we aren’t gong to announce the title that best fits with a full moon on Friday the 13th and everyone knows is coming.

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Unless it's really, really good.

Yeah, that's what kind of worries me LOL. Thinking it's gonna be dam good and I'm gonna HAVE to get one.

#850 4 years ago

Teaser video added

09C6D450-36C6-47B6-9720-152A6F2B179E (resized).png09C6D450-36C6-47B6-9720-152A6F2B179E (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/17?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.