pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 79.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

That would be interesting - perhaps all revamped from when Nordman was working on it.
Sure hope there is normal Pro, Premium and LE configurations.
Put me in for a Pro if so !

I hope that its mainly Nordman's vision and design. I think you need that continuity for it to be a true trilogy.

#752 4 years ago

I'm sure it will good with either or , or combo of those two designers influence. Anxious to see it finally make it to production. October should be good !

#753 4 years ago

There is no pro its Premium, LE and SLE. You buy they SLE directly from elvira

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

You buy they SLE directly from elvira

for stupid money....

#755 4 years ago

If no Pro model I am not as likely to be a buyer - then I may indeed just pass. If there is a Pro, then it's a high probability of a definite buy for me.

Guess we will see when it reaches production. Casandra Petersen does her own licensing so I don't think this title needs an alternate price structure. This game has no real reason it can't be a cornerstone with regular Pro, Premium and LE models with Casandra cutting her own deal with Stern for license. Stern will sell many more units with regular model pricing structure for this game.

#756 4 years ago

Elvira has grown on me. I look forward to the release news. I would still just like a scared stiff, though. I'm sure it's gonna rock let's see this thing.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#757 4 years ago

I hope that Stern doesn't change the design or vision from what Dennis Nordman intended since his departure from the company. Based on comments Dennis has made previously, he really seems confident of his work with his final Elvira design. His confidence inspires my own, so fingers crossed this makes for the ultimate Elvira trilogy machine!

#758 4 years ago

I have my stupid idea of what I'd like to see in this game. All over the country there have been countless local horror hosts with all their personalities. Rather than make this about just Elvira, if there was someway to include a tribute to the entire crowd. IOW maybe few cameos from the others even if it's just a callout.

#759 4 years ago

I think a reveal around Halloween. So the machines will be here end november/ new year.

#760 4 years ago

October can't come soon enough. Hard to believe it's been two years since the game was announced at TPF.

And 6 years since Dennis Nordman first mentioned this game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game

#761 4 years ago

How does that woman look so good at her age. Damn, she looks 40 in that pic. Surly it isn't recent.

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How does that woman look so good at her age. Damn, she looks 40 in that pic. Surly it isn't recent.

We saw her last year at a con and didn't realize she's 67. She still looks amazing.

#763 4 years ago

67 wow.

Good for her she sure is aging well. We should all be so lucky.

#764 4 years ago

shes got it.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I have my stupid idea of what I'd like to see in this game. There have been countless local horror hosts with personality.

I agree...that is a stupid idea. Elvira by herself can carry a pin's theme with no problem.

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I agree...that is a stupid idea. Elvira by herself can carry a pin's theme with no problem.

I think if she had guest appearances by the Cryptkeeper, Jason, Freddy, Michael Meyers, and Pinhead would fun in the game.

#767 4 years ago

i was watching svengoolie last night. it would be pretty cool to host such a show, it occured to me.

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

i was watching svengoolie last night. it would be pretty cool to host such a show, it occured to me.

yes indeed..

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I have my stupid idea of what I'd like to see in this game. All over the country there have been countless local horror hosts with all their personalities. Rather than make this about just Elvira, if there was someway to include a tribute to the entire crowd. IOW maybe few cameos from the others even if it's just a callout.

Absolutely not!!! Its an Elvira pin and I doubt any of us who are interested in this game would want it watered down even a little bit.

#770 4 years ago

Man I cant wait for some solid info about this pin! Or even some unsubstantiated rumors!
Lets see some grainy leaked pics! Its supposedly completed for a while someone has to have seen it.

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Man I cant wait for some solid info about this pin! Or even some unsubstantiated rumors!
Lets see some grainy leaked pics! Its supposedly completed for a while someone has to have seen it.

Agreed!

#772 4 years ago

Eddy has to be working on something. Elvira 3 makes as much sense as any of the other rumors. Hope he is, that could turn out very cool.

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Eddy has to be working on something. Elvira 3 makes as much sense as any of the other rumors. Hope he is, that could turn out very cool.

Let's hope not. The original layout was supposed to been done by Dennis Nordman before he left for Deeproot. I am hoping no tweaking was needed to get the game into production. If that is the case, then Eddy should be on his own game, which should be after Elvira.

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Let's hope not. The original layout was supposed to been done by Dennis Nordman before he left for Deeproot. I am hoping no tweaking was needed to get the game into production. If that is the case, then Eddy should be on his own game, which should be after Elvira.

Which is JAWS which is getting announced at CES 2020 for JAWS 45th Anniversary.

#775 4 years ago

I love Elvira and the theme, but after the Black Knight flop, I am beginning to think this theme will flop as well.

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I love Elvira and the theme, but after the Black Knight flop, I am beginning to think this theme will flop as well.

As long as you want a rehashed fan layout it should be awesome.

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Why would you say that? Nordman has done come pretty unusual layouts over the years.

#778 4 years ago

Why would Black Knight have anything to do with Elvira? Im confused....

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Why would you say that? Nordman has done come pretty unusual layouts over the years.

Because Stern only allows fan layouts. What pins has DN put out while working for Stern that have shown real creativity?

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Because Stern only allows fan layouts.

The laws of physics demand a fan layout with two standard flippers, but Stern has some interesting 3+ flipper layouts. Maiden & JP2 come to mind.

Quoted from zr11990:

What pins has DN put out while working for Stern that have shown real creativity?

I thought POTC was pretty cool. His only other Sterns are WOF and Whoa Nellie, which are definitely not cookie-cutter.

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Name 2 Dennis Nordman games that are basically the same layout. And.....go!

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Name 2 Dennis Nordman games that are basically the same layout. And.....go!

Elvira and the Party Monsters and Indianapolis 500.

#783 4 years ago

The games he made before Stern are great. The ones he made for Stern are, I’m my opinion, shit and I owned a POTC. I couldn’t get rid of it fast enough

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The games he made before Stern are great. The ones he made for Stern are, I’m my opinion, shit and I owned a POTC. I couldn’t get rid of it fast enough

stern probably cut out a between the proto and finished design. Could have been really good.

#785 4 years ago

I dont think BK was a flop.

#786 4 years ago

From my experience the decision to make the upper playfield a premium feature is a disaster. Brick city posts also play into this. Not a game that brings in route money or home buyers.

#787 4 years ago

BTW I know Casandra personally I had her do several appearances for me in the past... if you ever want your backglass signed here is where you go

There is a tradeshow in LA called Monsterpalooza its every April I think and another in October. She's always there... I've been several times and seen people walking around with Elvira translites.

They have one coming up in September it doesn't say she's going to be there but she always ends up with a table. http://www.monsterpalooza.com/fall/

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Ya me either. The hardcore fans don’t like the pro without a upper pf, but the game is fun and brutal.

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

There are 15 LEs for sale on this site alone...........It was a sales flop for sure.

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why would Black Knight have anything to do with Elvira? Im confused....

He's talking out of his ass again. He loves popping around Pinside letting everyone know the Black Knight was a flop based on some secret info or convulsed conclusions he's reached.

#791 4 years ago

There are 15 LEs for sale on this site alone...........It was a sales flop for sure.

Black Knight was not a flop. It may not be a huge seller because of the theme but its definitely not a bad game or a flop. You seem awfully negative toward Stern for a guy that owns so many Stern games. Even if it was a flop who gives a shit? That has nothing to do with Elvira at all.

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Even if it was a flop who gives a shit? That has nothing to do with Elvira at all.

This right here.

3 weeks later
#793 4 years ago

OK, getting closer to October and hopefully the countdown to this release!
Allegedly, Illinois paparazzi were able to get photos of Elvira herself hard at work in the Stern factory assembling the bony beast ramps...
5A4677BD-BD5B-44BD-B67D-FAAA656A6EF5 (resized).jpeg5A4677BD-BD5B-44BD-B67D-FAAA656A6EF5 (resized).jpeg

#794 4 years ago

Elvira will also be at the Chiller Theatre Convention Oct 25-26 in Jersey!
www.chillertheatre.com

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 4.48.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-30 at 4.48.22 PM (resized).png
#795 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

OK, getting closer to October and hopefully the countdown to this release!
Allegedly, Illinois paparazzi were able to get photos of Elvira herself hard at work in the Stern factory assembling the bony beast ramps...

Elvira LOVE the bony beast! Yeowwwwwwwwwww!

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

www.chillertheatre.com[quoted image]

I'd love to go to that convention if I was anywhere close--and I'm betting none of them look quite as young and fabulous as they do in those old photos...

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

www.chillertheatre.com[quoted image]

Work schedule is up in the air but I'd like to go. Elvira and Anthrax? Sign me up.

#798 4 years ago

Welcome! Cigars are on me!

#799 4 years ago

I have the new title reserved

Cannot wait !

Some trivia

https://www.thedeadlyspawn.com/pinball411/

elv (resized).jpgelv (resized).jpg
#800 4 years ago

Also thank you Robert for your amazing Scared Stiff page.
So awesome.

http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/ss/

I love the detail and all the cool easter egg info.

I really hope the Stern team can bring cool and fun hidden treasures to Elvira 3.

Maybe I was not looking properly...... but anyone know the names of all the dancing Boogymen ?
They were named after designers, team members ?

20190831_190015 (resized).jpg20190831_190015 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,000 (Firm)
8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/16?hl=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.