pasted_image (resized).jpeg
762CCCAE-7C30-48EB-A24B-662264858C0C (resized).jpeg
20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 79.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Where you been hiding? LOL!

It was wishful thinking.. A blog years back predicted JJP would make it.

3 weeks later
#652 5 years ago

Curious when the rumor pool is going to start up again. I'm saving up for my first NIB and am hoping it will be this, if not MBr will be there to take all my moneys.

#653 5 years ago

Come back later, say...October.

1 week later
#654 5 years ago

Hopefully in the Fall...

BE43C505-163B-4850-B3D7-431AF7A454F1 (resized).jpegBE43C505-163B-4850-B3D7-431AF7A454F1 (resized).jpeg
#655 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Is Elvira 3 going to be a Jersey Jack machine?

They would do a much better job!!!

Just saying, my Munsters is fun to play
But dam Stern shit is so cheap , where do I start ?

#656 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I think that ship has sailed....

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Just saying, my Munsters is fun to play
But dam Stern shit is so cheap , where do I start ?

Nah, then we wouldn't see it before 2022 and it would cost 9K.

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think that ship has sailed....

JJP won't be doing Elvira 3, but we can always hope for an Elvira 4! If it can happen with POTC...

1 week later
#659 5 years ago

So, K says Eddy and Lyman doing this game.

Hmmmm, good combo if true!

Long time rumor that Lyman was on the game.

#660 5 years ago

Nordman designed it so how can Eddy be on it. Only way is if Stern needed a full redesign post Nordman going to Deeproot?

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If Lyman is on Elvira3, who is coding BK3?

#662 5 years ago

If Dennis is designing Elvira3, what is Bryan designing? Jaws? Superman? I thought those were pipe dream themes due to the extensive licensing they would both require.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If "K" means Kaneda then I wouldn't even entertain the thought of listening to what he says.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

If "K" means Kaneda then I wouldn't even entertain the thought of listening to what he says.

I didn't agree with the info as I had already heard that Eddy is doing Godzilla.

But not true how reliable that is either!

#665 5 years ago

:lol:We all know Mr Eddy is working on Stern's version of medieval madness type theme. Because that's all they will let him do.
As they started the remake builds and saw how popular it was.

Reusing the 24 house and army men as a castle. A big squeeky spinning disk from potc or CSI instead of trolls. The cannon from ACDC instead of the catapult. That will only hit what it's supposed too or work 10% of the time.

But it will have one giant stand up target on it that lights up. 1 hit at a time a letter to spell out " the Renaissance period"
To pass the savings and ease of maintaince on to you.

Also there will be on the premium and LE the rocket, war machine, buck hunter, star trek, game of thrones, style kickback. Because they have a surplus in stock. And George needs a new Challenger.

And it will have similar type shot as the MM maiden but use a bash toy reusing the Aerosmith pro elevator and Jackie's head for the princess

It Won't have a coindoor. But will be the first Wi-Fi enabled game to allow pay to play tournaments. And directly remove money from your credit or debit as soon as you walk up to the machine. Even in home use. It will not turn on, or start without being connected to the paid online subscription. With no winnings or incentives. And no automatic updates. But this will pass the savings and ease of use to our loyal operators.

And for a $30 a month subscription you will get emails telling you code is coming soon. And where you can enter more paid tournaments or buy Stern Swag.

But wait there's more!
The woodgrained and pre dimpled playfield. And pre split cabinet really brings out the antique weathered look they were going for.
But...to pass the savings on to you again inserts are also misspelled and pre ghosting.
Node boards are replace at customers expense. Because of just how many amazing new innovative and surprising features will be packed into this game.

Features list.

1 standup that lights 20 white inserts in a solid row.
White on white color changing only.GI To pass on more savings to you.
1 kickback
2 flippers
3 ball multiball
1 spinning disk LE, and premium only
0 slings as this is a unique new game. And the savings will be passed again to the customer.
1 bobblehead bashtoy
1 Collapsing cottage LE only
1 misaligned cannon LE and SLE only
No cannon on pro or premium model
1 bent wire form ramp. LE and SLE only
1 plastic ramp Pro only
1 magnet (somewhere)
8 intense white flashers directed at direct eye vantage point. For true game immersion.
1 Manual plunger for that true vintage feel.
Pre weathered playfield and cabinets on all models.
Guaranteed to have been left open in the Stern parking lot for at last 3 days each in the rain.
Signed by Gary himself with a certificate of authenticity. LE, and SLE only.
1 garbage Pail kids sticker on the speaker panel. For nostalgia.
And "some" ultra rare SLE models have a chicitta banana sticker from a random employees lunch on the apron.

All this at the low Pro Starting point of $7999
$9999 premium. And $12,000 for the LE.
And limited to 1000 Super LE's at the amazing price of $39,000. As this is Brian Eddys epic return after a 20 year absence from pinball. And we at Sten agree it was worth the wait.

Our gift to the loyal customers of Sten pinball.
And in celebration of Brian's return. In that true Stern pinball way.

Look for our extras coming from the Stern Shop. Like straight Legs, blade decals, and ultimate, super, mega, Limited edition toppers. No items listed standard on any model.

1 week later
#666 5 years ago

I will be in on the LE!!

2 months later
#667 4 years ago

Elvira’s fang club newsletter for June had the following info...

A9C73AE5-DD33-4AC2-9118-4EB7F4C1CB48 (resized).jpegA9C73AE5-DD33-4AC2-9118-4EB7F4C1CB48 (resized).jpeg
#668 4 years ago

Nice. I hope Stern does it justice and doesn't just throw a Elvira bobble head in the back center of the playfield.

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Nice. I hope Stern does it justice and doesn't just throw a Elvira bobble head in the back center of the playfield.

Dennis Nordman designed it.

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That does not mean Stern will make it how he designed it and meant for it to play. And I am a Stern fan.

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That does not mean Stern will make it how he designed it and meant for it to play. And I am a Stern fan.

This seems to be a release modeled after Batman '66. So there will be no Pro model.

I don't think anyone has to worry about a bobble head Elvira.

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

This seems to be a release modeled after Batman '66. So there will be no Pro model.
I don't think anyone has to worry about a bobble head Elvira.

We love the bobble head on DP! I am looking forward to the release of the game. I am hoping it is next.

#673 4 years ago
4D3960CE-005B-4A54-98A6-28B384F4C415 (resized).jpeg4D3960CE-005B-4A54-98A6-28B384F4C415 (resized).jpeg5F9DCFC8-5BD3-4F2E-9DED-0042C3D2910B (resized).jpeg5F9DCFC8-5BD3-4F2E-9DED-0042C3D2910B (resized).jpeg
#674 4 years ago

Having owned both Elvira pins in the past and being a big fan of both I hope the new one is great. I highly doubt I’m a buyer though, I can already guess what the prices are.

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Having owned both Elvira pins in the past and being a big fan of both I hope the new one is great. I highly doubt I’m a buyer though, I can already guess what the prices are.

Agreed, I'll probably just hang onto my EATPM because NIB pin prices are just too expensive for me... enjoy, to all who will be in on this game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#676 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Dennis designed a version of it.
There is absolutely no guarantee that Stern would use that design.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Booble head?

#678 4 years ago

It's Dennis' design...

#679 4 years ago

Im surprised they announced it so far ahead (due out in October).
I have to wonder if it isn't to compete for consumer dollars with the upcoming rumored JJP pin?

#680 4 years ago

I’d totally be on board with Elvira 3 depending on art, layout, etc. Old school video clips from her TV show would be a huge plus.

It’s an old man theme, but they got me with this one. Hits all the right notes with nostalgia combined with spooky/corny/funny. Can’t wait to see it.

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Elvira’s fang club newsletter for June had the following info...[quoted image]

Yaaaas, I'm buying this for sure! No idea yet where I can put it but I'll sort that later.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

It’s an old man theme...

I hear this a lot but I'll say this much, the #1 pinball machine I've had that the ladies I film instantly recognize and go to all the time (even more so than the guys) have been my Elvira pins. No joke, they have just about 100% recognition. I honestly think people are underestimating the value and reach of the Elvira brand.

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I hear this a lot but I'll say this much, the #1 pinball machine I've had that the ladies I film instantly recognize and go to all the time (even more so than the guys) have been my Elvira pins. No joke, they have just about 100% recognition. I honestly think people are underestimating the value and reach of the Elvira brand.

Nothing like a pin that attracts "actresses" and I thought it was an insta-buy before!

#683 4 years ago

When I compared the two masterpieces from Willams: Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 to Stern's attempt at BK3... (designed by the same genius...)

I set my hopes INCREDIBLY low for E3.

Stern is not Williams (or Midway.)

However... They did do a good job with grabbing Iron Maiden from KE and not dropping the ball there, so hopefully, DR's design is unmolested, and we are getting a DR pin, and not a Stern pin...

Still, I'm setting phasers for "really low expectations" and then we'll see what they release.
-mof

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have to wonder if it isn't to compete for consumer dollars with the upcoming rumored JJP pin?

It was announced at Texas pinball festival in 2017 by Elvira herself.

#685 4 years ago

Well said @mof.

I am also setting my expectations low. Hard to be disappointed that way. Stern has a way of *modifying* designs to fit a certain BOM and Dennis has been out of the loop on the game for a LONG time.

But it *is* Elvira so I'm buying it on theme alone to complete the trilogy.

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

When I compared the two masterpieces from Willams: Black Knight and Black Knight 2000 to Stern's attempt at BK3... (designed by the same genius...)
I set my hopes INCREDIBLY low for E3.
Stern is not Williams (or Midway.)
However... They did do a good job with grabbing Iron Maiden from KE and not dropping the ball there, so hopefully, DR's design is unmolested, and we are getting a DR pin, and not a Stern pin...
Still, I'm setting phasers for "really low expectations" and then we'll see what they release.
-mof

I thought BKSOR was actually better than I was expecting

#687 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Well said mof.
I am also setting my expectations low. Hard to be disappointed that way. Stern has a way of *modifying* designs to fit a certain BOM and Dennis has been out of the loop on the game for a LONG time.

while I feel the same way, if they do not do a pro/prem/le version and just "one" similar to a batman 66, they just start the game cost at $8k and it is "loaded".....but they'll be cutting out a lot of their market....

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

That is because they (Stern) have not announced anything.
Cassandra just took it upon herself to post out to her loyal fans that she is very excited about it.

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

while I feel the same way, if they do not do a pro/prem/le version and just "one" similar to a batman 66, they just start the game cost at $8k and it is "loaded".....but they'll be cutting out a lot of their market....

Yeah, for me it is a guaranteed buy @ pro level, but if it is BM66 style release I probably (and unfortunately) won't be buying.

#690 4 years ago

Well... Good news and bad news for me...
I got the money for this game... But, I really kind of want a swords of fury pro...
The good news is... If I'm lucky I can get a pro early next year... Once I figure out my taxes for this year...
But, I also want to play this game first. And I'm hoping it'll be at the Illinois expo later this year.
If that is the case that could be perfect, cos I might be able to setup the order there.

Now... I only need CGC to take there sweet time to announce their 4th game.

And I really mean sweet, sweet time. As I'd like to get an LE from them.

#691 4 years ago

please have a lot of monster toys on it, so it's cool..and don't use steve richie's voice

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Yeah, for me it is a guaranteed buy @ pro level, but if it is BM66 style release I probably (and unfortunately) won't be buying.

Ditto on a Pro buy in a per usual 3 tier cornerstone release. Pretty much the same thoughts as Herb at this point....

#693 4 years ago

I have much higher expectations for game than most. Dennis/Greg/Cassandra with Lyman on code should be a home run.

But if Stern screws this one up, I’ve probably bought my last NIB from them.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Dennis designed a version of it.
There is absolutely no guarantee that Stern would use that design.

They will be using Dennis's design. That's part of the appeal, along with Lyman's code. That's why I believe this will be a release similar to Batman '66. Premium, LE, SLE.

#695 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

They will be using Dennis's design. That's part of the appeal, along with Lyman's code. That's why I believe this will be a release similar to Batman '66. Premium, LE, SLE.

No chance I’m paying Batman SLE money for ANY game no matter how much I want it. I also don’t think the title can support an SLE.

If there’s no Pro, that’s fine.

#696 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Well said mof.

That's exactly the way I'm looking at it too. I wont be getting one this year, but I do want to get one.

#697 4 years ago

They better make a pro version!

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If there’s no Pro, that’s fine.

No it's not...

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I’ve never heard Elvira was going to be a Pro, it was only going to be a one version game similar to Batman ‘66. (Premium/LE)

Sorry guys, if mnpinball said it's going to be Premium/LE only then it's probably going to be that way.
Can't wait to get a second hand one because I sure can't afford a NIB at Premium pricing. On the flip side if should be a fully packed game.

#700 4 years ago

If so and priced like a Batman 66 I'm probably out then. Would be much better as a cornerstone with regular Pro, Premium, LE pricing. They would sell more games.

I'd take a Pro in an Elvira Minute.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

11,855 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread/page/14?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.