20191106_150140 (resized).jpg
20191106_143111.jpg
20191106_135932.jpg
20191106_140206.jpg
4DFF5D79-EBCB-4729-B9C9-8F242EE6BD58 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #23 copy of Elvira tweet about being at TPF2017 Posted by Mar (7 years ago)

Post #63 mnpinball comments on the speculation about Elvira 3 Posted by mnpinball (7 years ago)

Post #3843 What to check when you first receive Elvira Posted by jfh (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 79.
#1 7 years ago

OK. I can't take it anymore. There seems to be some solid speculation that Elvira's House of Horrors will be the next Whizbang boutique game produced by Stern. Cassandra, Dennis, and Greg will all be at TPF in March. Will there be a game announcement at that point? A few people have suggested as such on this forum.

Now this thread is not for people who would not be interested in a third Elvira machine. I'm not interested in hearing from those people. If you wouldn't be interested in it, that's fine. But let's keep this thread for those who would be enthusiastic about another Elvira machine. It goes without saying that I will be first in line should this machine get announced. I have my money ready NOW!

With any luck, this thread will turn from a gossip/rumor thread into an announcement thread and then a reveal thread. I've got my fingers crossed that this will actually happen.

Who else would like another Elvira machine and what are you hoping to see in it? I'm already thrilled with what I see with the color LCD for Aerosmith and can only imagine how great that technology could be used for Elvira.

Edit 3/25/17

It's official! Elvira's House of Horrors is coming!

Edit 9/13/19

Modified with official title now that Stern has shown it in their teaser video.

Edit 4/8/20

Discussion of game now directed to the Owners Club thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club

#2 7 years ago

We need an "official rumor" on this instead of just "official speculation".

Bring on Elvira 3, would be awesome.

#3 7 years ago

I am second in line! All in on the top of the line LE or what ever they end up doing!

#4 7 years ago

I think it wld be awesome and possibly look great beside my restored scared stiff . However i have lost faith in stern and also them making it half as good as its older sisters(especially ss). I'm sure it will be priced like bat66 also and not offer much especially for the price... i hope they prove me wrong tho.

#5 7 years ago

Adam West wasn't at Expo because he likes pinball... Very cool these celebrities from games do end up at the shows lately...

#6 7 years ago

Definitely looking forward to this at TPF.

#7 7 years ago

What if Elvira 3 is more like Big Juicy Melons and less like EATPM or SS? Would you still want it or does it need to be a modern game?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

What if Elvira 3 is more like Big Juicy Melons and less like EATPM or SS? Would you still want it or does it need to be a modern game?

Thats what ive heard as well which is y im not excited . I'm sure many others that have said they are in wld change their mind also....

#9 7 years ago

You know, the himbo who played Flash Gordon is gonna be at tpf also - doesn't mean a new Flash Gordon game is coming out.

Elvira makes personal appearances all the time everywhere. It's her job. Doesn't mean a new Elvira game is coming out.

#10 7 years ago

I would be in for one. No doubt.

#11 7 years ago

I'm looking forward to meeting Elvira and having her sign my EATPM translite.

As far as an Elvira 3 reveal, the rumors are pretty solid. I'm imaging either a re-theme of WNBJM or something similar.

TPF will be a blast either way!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

I don't see that as a possibility.

#13 7 years ago

I am hinting to the Mrs. already.

#14 7 years ago

If it is WNBJM re-theme with the crate base being a casket, I am out!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Flipperfun:

If it is WNBJM re-theme with the crate base being a casket, I am out!

I sincerely doubt they would re-theme WNBJM a THIRD time...

#16 7 years ago

They just might...gotta get rid of those parts somehow

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

They just might...gotta get rid of those parts somehow

God I hope not but wouldn't put it past them!

#18 7 years ago

#19 7 years ago

I'm right there with you guys.
All in , top of line version.
Must complete the trilogy!
Please let it be Elvira 3!!

#20 7 years ago

I hope it's got a funky tune like eatpm.

#21 7 years ago

In the announcement regarding Dennis a few months ago, Stern specifically said it would be a modern game. I fully expect it to be Spike 2 with an LCD.

#22 7 years ago

I am a fan and would love to see Elvira 3. I have both previous games and would love to see a third. However, I would want to see a modern game that pays homage to the other two to make a trilogy. I would NOT buy a Nellie retheme (though I would like to get an actual Nellie someday).

However - unlike BM66 where I took a leap of faith and bought an LE - I'm almost certainly not a day 1 buyer without evidence to show that Stern's playfield issues are behind them and we have some sort of roadmap on what to expect when for code.

And part of me wishes that it's JJP and not Stern doing the game, though I guess it really wouldn't be a fitting sequel if Dennis and Greg weren't involved.

#23 7 years ago

I'd be all in on a third Elvira pin for sure. I'm hoping for a Haunted Hills theme - love that movie.

Another hint dropped by Cassandra today on her twitter account by the way:

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 2.30.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-01-13 at 2.30.22 PM (resized).png

#24 7 years ago

Yes. Another hint that she'll be at TPF.

#25 7 years ago

I have both Scared Stiff and Party Monsters, so yeah I'd definitely buy a third Elvira pin. I couldn't do SLE level, but I'd be in for an LE.

#26 7 years ago

As long as it is a modern Stern and not a pabst or melons style.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

melons style.

Well hopefully there'd still be some "melons" on there or it wouldn't be an Elvira pin!

#28 7 years ago

Chatted with Dennis a good bit at Expo and i seem to remember him saying that that the next thing he was doing with Stern would be a full/modern machine. Also, i got the wink-and-a-nod impression from him that there might be an Elvira 3 in the works, but it wasn't clear which manufacturer that might be with.

Of course, there was a lot of alcohol involved so I could be totally wrong about all of this. I hope not though. I'd love to see any new machine from him, particularly another Elvira.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well hopefully there'd still be some "melons" on there or it wouldn't be an Elvira pin!

Touche'

#30 7 years ago

Elvira is probably the best license in pinball ever.
There's already two, from two different generations; why not make a sick modern one?

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Elvira is probably the best license in pinball ever.
There's already two, from two different generations; why not make a sick modern one?

Also because they could now use the same sweet color display as Batman uses.

#32 7 years ago

And like Batman, they have some cool retro clips they could use from the Horror hostess days, as well as two movies to take clips from.

Didn't she also put out an album at one stage? Not sure of the quality, but might be some music in there?

#33 7 years ago

This would be great Game Over music.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

I'd still want it! I love WNBJM. On the other, Elvira assets would fill out the new LCD nicely

#35 7 years ago

When I was at Stern around Expo 2016 I discussed the upcoming Whizbang game with Jody. I expressed my hope they would have learned from the pricing of WNBJM and make the next Whizbang game more in the line of Pro pricing. (Yes I realize Pro pricing almost caught up with WNBJM pricing) Jody instantly replied the next Dennis and Greg game will be a very cool and expensive one. As much as I like to see a new Elvira game, I already doubt it will fit in my budget.

#36 7 years ago

Whoa Nellie BJM is not really on my list of games I want to play... not to mention it has been re-purposed as that beer game...even a new art package doesn't make me want to play it. if they just throw the Elvira theme on it and modify the exterior that's just lame and lazy. I hope its a whole new game and awesome too!

#37 7 years ago

Elvira 3? That's hot sex. Would buy.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

When I was at Stern around Expo 2016 I discussed the upcoming Whizbang game with Jody. I expressed my hope they would have learned from the pricing of WNBJM and make the next Whizbang game more in the line of Pro pricing. (Yes I realize Pro pricing almost caught up with WNBJM pricing) Jody instantly replied the next Dennis and Greg game will be a very cool and expensive one. As much as I like to see a new Elvira game, I already doubt it will fit in my budget.

If he said expensive that probably means BM'66 pricing. Where the Pro is priced as a Premium, and quickly North from there..

Quoted from kst8cat:

Elvira 3? That's hot sex. Would buy.

You do realise she's 65 now?

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I already doubt it will fit in my budget.

Judging from your current collection it should be right in your wheelhouse for budget.

#40 7 years ago

Third in line. Can't wait for the official announcement...

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You're right. Super hot sex

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

She's "hollywood" 65 which probably means she's the wrong side of 70. Still there's a lot to be said for experience. Lots, and lots of experience. Plus, she can tell you about what it was like growing up in the 1950s.

#44 7 years ago

You DO realize that the machine would be about the character, right? How old would Superman or Batman be now??

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Yeah, but the hot sex analogy would be with the idea of owning and playing a new Elvira pin. Not exactly the same as me pretending I've seduced Cassandra Peterson. By the way, she was born Manhattan, KS and grew up near there. Same place I have lived for 15 years. Maybe I'll mention that when I see her at TPF. Might be a good ice breaker.

#46 7 years ago

Another tired, boring, outdated theme for the gross old men. Pass so hard.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If he said expensive that probably means BM'66 pricing. Where the Pro is priced as a Premium, and quickly North from there..

Check out the pics of her natural red hair self from the 70's so classy and sexy

#48 7 years ago

I think it's funny all of the people hating on WNBJM. Get a group of friends together and play some multiplayer games on it. It's one of the best 4 player games ever made. Simple but hard to master with good art, custom callouts, and all on the spike system. It's an absolute blast and when setup correctly is harder the GB or IM could ever imagine being.

I'll be happy to see any new Elvira game, apparently I will be the only one disappointed when it's not a throw back stile though.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Another tired, boring, outdated theme for the gross old men. Pass so hard.

I about pissed my pants laughing after I saw this statement from an owner of Barb Wire.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think it's funny all of the people hating on WNBJM. Get a group of friends together and play some multiplayer games on it. It's one of the best 4 player games ever made.

It's actually not as good as almost every 1970s gottlieb 4 player or late 1970s Bally 4-player, and a bunch of 1970s williams four players. Which isn't a shock because it's based upon a crappy 1950s game. There's very little going on in Nellie and almost no progressive or interesting scoring features. It's a true bat the ball around, keep it in play game where almost everything is worth the same.

I like Nellie, it's fun, but your statement sounds like someone who hasn't played a lot of EMs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 49.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,913 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 79.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-the-official-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.