IMG_0645 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0639 (resized).jpeg
20231223_110025 (resized).jpg
20231223_111257 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Hoping to have run #4 shipped Tuesday or Wednesday.
If you have any general update questions, please ask them here instead so everyone can see the update. I'm working 7 days a week on mods, and am still getting a wall of PMs every day asking when mods are shipping or for personal updates.
I'm also working on existing Judge Dredd, BSD, ACNC, RZ, and Ghostbusters mod orders (from which I'm also getting update messages).
I put a ton of hours into mods each week, and the constant PMs make me feel like I'm not doing enough to keep customers happy. Didn't even have the time to do what I wanted for my fiancee for Valentine's Day yesterday (didn't sleep Thursday night as I worked on mods for nearly 20 hours straight with hopes of finishing what I set out to do before getting everything together before she got home from work on V-Day), and had multiple requests for updates while spending time with her.
I'm just one guy doing all of these from home, and I've never had anywhere close to the demand for my mods as I now have. Most would say I've priced them too low given the demand, but I've kept pricing the same thus far as I believe it's fair. I just can't keep up with the demand (even if I had more printers), and I'm getting 100s of PMs that also take up a lot of time to go through. Trying to keep the excess messaging to a minimum as it's becoming a great source of anxiety.
These mods have many stages to go through with several overnight drying stages, and the detail I put into them is something I'm not willing to sacrifice to get them out quicker.
Sorry for any delays as I work on these and many other mods. Trying to keep as many customers happy as I can, and for those further down the list, I hope these prove to be worth the wait.
Pinsiders have been awesome when it comes to understanding these take time, and your patience has been greatly appreciated.

Take your time! I don’t even have an Elvira (yet!) but these are just so great looking, I’m moving it up in the queue to get one. Don’t sweat it if you have to take a bit longer to finish - they are worth it! That 7 day window is aggressive

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im in but my order is a bit ahead. I could use some help with a custom quipy casket comment. Currently leaning towards "Barry A. Live 1966- 2019. Or

“Barry M. Deep”
“Barry D’alive”
“Izzy Dedyet”
“Al B Backe”
“Dee Parted”

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks for this great list. I think Im going to go with "Barry DeLyve" as it gives the mods doors action some context.

Love it

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Planning to ship run #5 on Monday.
Working through a wall of other orders that were paid before the current Elvira runs, so this run interval is looking a bit slower. Hopefully back to a quicker cadence for run #6 and beyond.
For those that like the behind the scenes look, here's a couple pics I took of the unprepped parts near the final product. The gargoyle and grass/casket sections were designed with interlocking sections for accuracy and strength when gluing them together (posts for the gargoyle, and rectangles on the grass and casket).
Some of the prints come out very stringy (seems hit or miss, and perhaps has something to do with the crazy temperature swings).
The grass pieces are always stringy, but I go over all of them in detail with an exacto knife to cut them away before paint (and during paint as they reveal themselves).[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a shroud/enclosure for your printer? Helps quite a bit with the temperature swings

#100 4 years ago

Well shoot... this mod convinced me to join the Elvira3 club! (LE #383!). I assume I can just send you a PM? I am knocked out by your painting skills...

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Yep, PM is still the way I'm taking orders for now. Once I finally ship the last run of the growing list, I'll add them to the shop (harder to explain a waitlist backlog to those seeing "in stock" in the shop).
And that's some awesome feedback on these. Thank you! Easier for me to just see those that are more skilled than I, and strive to improve where I can, but the positive response I've gotten on these has been truly appreciated.

It’s well deserved. Rarely does a mod fit in so well with the Art Of a game and come so finely detailed (and it’s functional which is extra awesome)

1 week later
#110 4 years ago

By the way, what printer are you using? I’ve gotten some amazing mileage out of my Ender3 but I’m about to throw it out the window with how finicky it is to level. After. Every. Single. Print.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Currently using three CR10 V2 Printers. Superior in every way to the CR10s I was using, which had several issues for me.
First CR10 V2 I got was from my fiancee for Christmas, and I bought two more.
Have only needed to set the level once on each after these months and still no issue. I can also use the entire bed without issue (CR10s I was using always had an issue with this and needing lots of fiddling if I switched what I was printing).

Interesting! That gives me some hope maybe I can upgrade. I’ll read up on it. Thanks!

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Run #6 ultimately ended up 14 orders total, so my largest run yet. Likely have to ship on Monday. 8 custom orders ended up taking nearly an entire day on their own, and proving to be a great hindrance for the cost (also means I can't plan ahead for those parts, and if anything goes wrong with a custom part, I have to wait for a free printer, plus a few hours to have a new part made--with a non-custom, I have extras on hand for any QC issues). Anyone that got a quote earlier on for a custom order is locked into that price, but for future orders, the custom casket price is now $20. The custom casket option will likely be discontinued once these hit the shop and I can no longer fill runs.
Sent out some PM reminders for run #7.
Currently run #7 is looking like:
1) Jackalwere
2) Pinb1
3) Cyrus
4) ckorth
5) Roon
6) Drew13
7) KLR2014
8-10+) Unpaid thus far. There's a chunk of paid orders down the list that I'll put in this run if I don't have a response from the others by Sunday.
I'll likely go beyond 10 orders on run #7 as well once I know where I'm at.
Ultimately adding orders to each run is already showing that I'll be one run ahead for most run # estimates (if I suggested you'd be in run #9, most should be in run #8 instead).

Yeah ! Paid before promises! Lol

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Should have some uploaded here tomorrow night

Ha Perhaps poor wording on my part. Some on the list disappear or want to be reminded when their run is soon to be built before paying (always an option). And I know some that have paid are checking to see if they make the run (just a reminder to check back after Sunday for the updated list).

curses!

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Only have the first coat done on the purple stone thus far (did the gray stone first). To finish just the purple stone parts on this run, it will take 171 total passes of paintwork (I always make an extra casket lid just in case).
Posting a preview of the custom caskets in this run to show the text. They'll get looked over before the next paint stage for any inner text stringing that's revealed.
Will post pictures of the finished caskets before shipping. Text will pop more once the lighter detail colors are finished.
[quoted image]

I would love to hear some day how you do the painting and make it look "real" as it were.

1 week later
#140 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Run #8 will be another 13 sets:
1) Kaiserstadt
2) fast1981
3) fattrain (2 sets)
4,5,6,7,8) Macca101010 and friends.
9) Pozzest01
10) jmatlack
11) Pinstein
12) Ftrmech
Will get some pics up soon of Run #7 .

Dang! Was hoping we’d make run 8

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Sorry for the delay in run #7 updates. Was in the hospital for 18 hours until last night (I'm okay). Taking a mental health break today, but will be finishing the run up soon.

Uh, what? Dude. You're FAAAAAAR more important than some little plasticy things. Glad to hear you're all right. Let's cool it for a minute. Go throw a frisbee

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#154 4 years ago

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself!

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]

Run #7 ready to roll!

2 weeks later
#173 3 years ago

That was a great performance! I’m in a band (I sing and do guitar) and we tried that song a few gosh, months ago, I guess. It is HARD! Great tune, great version of it. Keep on rockin!

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Yep, an absolutely crazy and unexpected response on these I'm sure your video was a significant boost, and super appreciated, though even day one got a surprising number of pre-orders. Feel guilty that I charged you for the Elvira mods given the awesome video you graciously made (hopefully the Alice mods helped balance it out a bit for now). Seeing your videos on my work really has been one of the coolest things I've experienced with modding.
My biggest "hits" before Elvira was for games limited to 300 and 500 games, which may have helped keep the orders more gradual and manageable.
Looking forward to getting all current orders behind me and having time for new development. Will try to plan better on future mod releases.

For perspective, I think it’s important to remember that the initial release video stream for this game was REALLY lame. Lyman showed up looking all crazy to play the game, I am CERTAIN he was trying to finish the code before the already-scheduled stream, but sometimes things don’t work out like that. He put in what seems to me as double time work on the subsequent releases, and suddenly the game is outstanding! Hard to predict interest with a history like that

1 week later
#198 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Do you think your mod will still work with the extra plastic protector I have underneath the factory one?
[quoted image]

you have 2 plastic protectors installed?

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The others did ship today. Tracking numbers will be sent later tonight.

Which batch was sent out most recently? Seems like you are killing it making these!

4 weeks later
#241 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I decided to go with
Alan
Smithee
1968-2000
Alan Smithee is a pseudonym used by film directors who were not satisfied with the finished film and didn't wanted their actual name in the credits. It was used by members of the Directors Guild of America from 1968 to 2000. If you see a film with Alan Smithee as the director you are typically in for a rough ride.

There's even a movie about it- "Burn Hollywood Burn". And in an ironic twist (which I am sure was totally genuine, and not a hollywood manufacturered thing to generate press about the movie), the original director Arthur Hiller campaigned to have his name removed from the film! And so it was released as "An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn!"

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The DGA retired the use of Alan Smithee after that film since it brought so much attention to its use. I've never seen that movie but I've heard it's not in the category of "its soo bad its good", it's more like "it's so bad, it's just really bad".

that second phrase would definitely be how I would describe it. Run away. Ironic still that the point of that pseudonym in the first place was to keep studios from messing too much with directors' work. If the public is more aware of it now, that would seem to support that idea. Anyway, the movie sucks. The whole idea is dumb. Eric Idle even trashed it in public while out promoting it. .LOL

#247 3 years ago

I’d love it if you could one day share the .STL or even just a part of it (say, the lids) so we could further make some customizations. This is a great addition to the game. Haven’t gotten to play much lately but it looks great just sitting there!

2 weeks later
#264 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Got my new toys installed ,lovum Great work :} here they are.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love those! I have an Elvira cadillac I've been meaning to install, but I haven't been able to come up with a good way to attach it.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

I used the anti airball shield from I believe rgb and glue dots

The anti-airball shield? Where can I get that, that seems like a great idea

#268 3 years ago

Copy that. ... LOL I misread as “RGB”. Yeah that led down a rabbit Hole..

3 years later
#1051 6 months ago

That’s pretty low. Found the guy on Facebook. Navarre is a Dade City suburb in Florida. That’s definitely the guy; you can check the local reviews he’s given. Send him a message.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=775869581&name=xhp_nt__fb__action__open_user

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

11,855 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.