IMG_0645 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0639 (resized).jpeg
20231223_110025 (resized).jpg
20231223_111257 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

517 posts in this topic match your search for posts by medisinyl. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Full set (no pops), $369 shipped within the US. More information on this specific run here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/21#post-7810897

B/W Sparkle version is $429 + shipping (no pops). Pics can be found later in the thread/gallery.

20200104_225227 (resized).jpg20200104_225227 (resized).jpg20200104_223555 (resized).jpg20200104_223555 (resized).jpg20200104_225134 (resized).jpg20200104_225134 (resized).jpg20200104_2317262 (resized).jpg20200104_2317262 (resized).jpg20200104_224610 (resized).jpg20200104_224610 (resized).jpg20200104_231707 (resized).jpg20200104_231707 (resized).jpg20200104_231820 (resized).jpg20200104_231820 (resized).jpg20200104_185337 (resized).jpg20200104_185337 (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The casket/gargoyle combo looks very cool!
For the mechanical version I presume the ball hits a plastic post to raise the tops? If so, does this have an impact on ball speed?

I appreciate the positive feedback

The casket flaps don't affect ball speed at all, and the first shots in the video were done from a dead release in the ramp. Played with it a bunch and it truly makes that shot more satisfying and flies through without resistance at any speed.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For the custom name/date option, do you recommend a min/max number of letters for the name?

Yes. 7-8 characters max each for the first and last name are what seems to be needed to reliably print. In CAD it looks fine when smaller, but when actually printing, it reveals that some barriers were too small and disappear.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

These look great. I’m not loving the pop bumper mods because they just don’t seem to “fit”. They remind me of black and white cookies and not cleavage and don’t go with the house theme.
Thinking the crypt and gargoyle mods are going to be must haves. Maybe the Gonk house too, though I admit I didn’t know the reference until I looked it up.
Nice work!

I agree that the cleavage pops are the most out of place, and I never expected them to be a popular option (part of the reason I waited to release everything at once). I do think they are pretty funny and could see some people wanting to change it up every once in awhile.

I believe Lermods plans to make some 3D floater pops, and those could prove to be the better match to the pool area in that space.

And ha. I saw the Elvira movie at a young age, and my mother dressed up as Elvira in the late 80s...turning our pet schnauzer-poodle into Gonk (colored mohawk and all)--this became a permanent look for that dog going forward So I had to incorporate Gonk somehow. Wanted to create the casserole monster, but didn't know how to fit it in (I must have been about 4 or so when I first saw the movie [didn't realize anything sexualized about it back then], and I was always reminded of the casserole monster whenever I saw an earthworm).

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This might be a strange question, but are the tops of the crypt mod interchangeable? I like the mech version, but wondering if I’ll get tired of/annoyed with the clicking sound. Might want to have both versions but that might be impractical if the tops can’t be swapped out without removing/replacing the entire mod.

With the glass on, you'll have to focus on it to hear the clicking (basically silent with any audio volume).

Otherwise, the tops aren't interchangeable as they're adhered with super glue and reinforced with hot glue from the inside before painting stages.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Would like to customize my crypt. Originally thought of using a family name and date, but then thought of this:
Threevum
Deadhead
1989-2019
Pays tribute to the trilogy (“three of them”) with release years of EATPM and HOH but might be too subtle or silly. What do you guys think?

I think it's pretty clever. Definitely the sort of thing that would prompt a question of what it means, then get a smile when informed of how cheesy it is

Elvira is inherently rather slapstick and silly, so it wouldn't be out of place.

Have a few LE owner's going with:

Elvira's
HOH LE
#???/400

Neat to see what people are coming up with.

#30 4 years ago

With nearly 30 people on the list currently, I've been building Elvira parts as quick as I can while finishing up the last of the open ACNC orders (shipping today).

Running four printers on Elvira parts, but one full set takes about 18 hours to print amongst 12 separate printed parts, so we'll see where I end up for run #1. I'll be away this weekend with gaps in internet service, so I'll update Monday night at the latest if I miss any PMs, etc.

Planning to ship what I can make for run #1 by Friday (17th), and that should give me a better idea on timeline going forward.

I appreciate all of the interest thus far. I believe it was the largest interest I've had in one day, and I hope the mods live up to expectations or exceed them. All of them are designed as one-screw mods (aside from the pops), so installation will also be super easy this time around.

#31 4 years ago

Still trying to get these ready to ship tomorrow, but it would be cutting it close if it's possible, so Saturday may be the best expectation.

Looking like I'll be shipping 10 orders out for run #1 (intend to ship run #2 by the 25th--will be a larger run if possible, and I won't be away from home this time around [was away on a cruise over the weekend, so I couldn't produce parts]).

Everyone that ships in run #1 will be updated with tracking information by Saturday evening at the latest.

#33 4 years ago

With the final parts just off the printer for the first run (had some set-backs with machine and print issues this week, but wanted to get at least 1/3 of the list in run #1), I'll be cleaning, sanding, assembling,smoothing, and painting these through the night. Pops also ready but not pictured (they get wire-wheeled before sanding). Will need proper drying time on the final clear stages before final mech assembly, so as noted, Saturday shipping date is looking more realistic.

Puts into perspective how many parts are going into these runs
20200117_005855 (resized).jpg20200117_005855 (resized).jpg

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

whats the Dead head crypt looking building and small white skulls in the bottom right corner of your picture?

Alice Cooper mod

Shhh. Not suppose to see that . Hopefully the customer doesn't mind it wound up visible in that pic (not intended). Should look neat when finished.

#37 4 years ago

Despite my best efforts, and only about 3.5 hours of sleep since starting on this batch (in fear of missing the deadline today), I'm clearly not going to be able to make the 4pm USPS cut-off.

I am at least at the tail end of painting and will post photos here very soon.

Grossly underestimated how long it would take me to prep/assemble/paint these, so these will ship out on Tuesday due to the MLK holiday on Monday.

Sorry for this delay over my estimate. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Edit: Have yet another new 3D printer slated to arrive tomorrow (through Amazon) in attempt to keep up with part building (lost a couple printers during this run and can't seem to get them to function properly [have some parts coming in for those as well]). Based on this run, I can see any ambition to do more than 10 orders for run #2 won't be possible, but I'll still be trying the keep on schedule for run #2's estimated ship date.

#38 4 years ago

Photos of run #1 here. Made one extra Gonk House in this batch and an extra set or two of the grass pieces, so a very small head start on run #2. Everything aside from the pops are without any clear coat here (they get a mix of matte and gloss--namely gloss on the grass portions and matte everywhere else).

Covered up one custom casket as the recipient didn't request it and it's a secret for now. Ended up having 2 of the 11 casket tops I had fail QC (discovered after I posted the parts photo), so I had to make another, and I opted to do something I hope the customer doesn't hate
20200118_163638 (resized).jpg20200118_163638 (resized).jpg20200118_164142 (resized).jpg20200118_164142 (resized).jpg

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I don’t own this game, but have to say I like the idea of the pop bumper cap boobs. Is there a way you could make it more obvious what they are? Maybe small nipples or something like that? a big part of the whole Elvira persona is the big boobs.

May be hard to notice in the photos, but they do in fact have small nipples

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I don’t own this game, but have to say I like the idea of the pop bumper cap boobs. Is there a way you could make it more obvious what they are? Maybe small nipples or something like that? a big part of the whole Elvira persona is the big boobs.

Just took a photo that helps see them a bit better (they do blend with the black):

20200119_151940 (resized).jpg20200119_151940 (resized).jpg
#44 4 years ago

Run #1 Shipped out today. Will PM tracking numbers later tonight.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That's grea... Darn! I just remembered I got stuck in batch #2.

I can confirm you're in this 2nd batch EDIT: Also, expecting to ship run #2 out on Monday (1/27). Will be at least 10 orders in this run as well.

Below are the instructions that shipped with run #1. May change them if anyone points out anything that's unclear (or needs photos), though installation is pretty straightforward this time around as they're only one screw each and only one way to install.

Also, for anyone that likes to see the making-of/behind-the-scenes, I've posted the notes I took when measuring (as I don't own the game, I needed to take everything at once, and I expect it mostly looks like chicken scratch).

Top of that image has the poor sketch I made when trying to show my finacee the mechanical aspect I wanted to create. Originally I planned to have heads that popped up out of the casket, but the action happens so fast you'd never see them.
20200123_234227 (resized).jpg20200123_234227 (resized).jpgElvira mod instructions (resized).pngElvira mod instructions (resized).png

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Received mine today. Excellent work as always![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to know they arrived safe and that the first reported install went well

Huge thanks for the pictures! Your Gonk House photo is the first that shows the production version installed. My previous media on the Gonk House shows that the factory label underneath could still be seen, so that was remedied before run #1 parts were made (also a slight fitment adjustment was made from the prototype I had shown [looks good here]).

And of course your positive feedback is appreciated While first runs of a new mod are exciting for me, I'm also a bit nervous as I await the response on them. So far so good...

I do hope these bring some added satisfaction to those shots, and enhance the fun and aesthetic overall--even when the game is off.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Where do I sign up for a set of 1 of each I own a LE and would love to add this to my already sexy Elvira.

Still doing pre-orders through PM (pricing will be a little higher once these hit the shop).

I'll note your place on the waitlist now. Run #4 is where the list is currently filling at.

Just send me a PM and I'll confirm everything you want.

I appreciate your interest

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Install Video
Uhhh these are a must BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Seems this video has in fact grabbed some additional interest.

Going through the PMs now. Likely filling run #5 at this point.

Again, I appreciate all of the interest and positive feedback these are getting. Also everyone's patience as I get through them. Thank you!

#56 4 years ago

Still plugging away at run #2 (currently in paint stages). Hoping to ship tomorrow if possible, but Wednesday at the very latest. 5 custom caskets in this run, and I'll post them soon for those interested in seeing what others come up with and how they turned out.

Total list is at about 60 now (~40 left once this run ships), so there's a bit of a wait on the back end right now. Trying to make it 10 orders in 7 days, and taking steps toward fulfilling that.

I just purchased a 3rd new 3D printer that should be here Wednesday (was still unable to get any of my three older ones working for this run [one dead heat bed, and the others jamming mid print--new ones are each running like a champ]). As noted, with full sets taking about 18 hours each to print (not all parts passing QC), it's been tough to get ten sets of parts together quick enough with what I've had available (most orders have been for everything aside from the pops, and several have ordered multiple sets).

Definitely wasn't prepared for this level of interest, nor the time it takes to tackle 100s of PMs and document everything (while also still making other mods), but Pinsiders have been awesome in understanding the time these take. Thank you!

Run #2 includes:

1) JFH
2) Mayboyz
3) RobertStone0407
4) Blakester
5) Racerx61
6) LittleCammi
7) JETJIMBO777
8 ) rapidraw
9) zucot
10) rlslick

Tracking by Wednesday night at the latest.

Added over 4 years ago:

EDIT: Now Amazon is showing a Friday delivery for the new printer.

#57 4 years ago

Custom caskets from run #2

Have a chunk of LE owners on the list going with what Wes/RebelGuitars came up with
20200129_121152 (resized).jpg20200129_121152 (resized).jpg

#58 4 years ago

Run #2 shipped today. Here's a couple pics I have on my phone of the main pieces (poor yellow lighting for the caskets--will look better in person [closer to the wall color in the gargoyle photo]).

Tracking will be sent to everyone later on when I'm at my computer.
20200129_151200 (resized).jpg20200129_151200 (resized).jpg20200129_151258 (resized).jpg20200129_151258 (resized).jpg

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

How long does it take to get the printer unpacked, assembled and dialed in?

~30 minutes (most of the printer is already assembled in the case of the machines I'm buying [completely DIY kits do exist]). Faster on subsequent builds without the need for instructions, and dialing it in is likely quicker if you're already familiar with 3D printers. These last two new ones have worked perfect on the first shot each time (after just adjusting the bed level, then throwing a full bed of prints at it [all belts, wheels, etc. were solid out of the box]). CR10 V2 model (as mentioned in PM, far superior to the CR10 in every way).

#62 4 years ago

Orders that have made run #3:

1) Vino
2) Cgpinhead
3) Pinb1
4) calprog
5) Wheel_Jack
6) Vivid Psychosis
7) BackAlleyMatt
8 ) IndyPin
9) drbrain
10) Indusguys

Tentatively shipping on Wednesday (2/5).

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Greg, these mods are amazing!!! Definitely appreciate all of the detail that went into them. Installing tonight! Don’t miss out on these Elvira owners, a must have!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I appreciate the positive feedback and recognition of the detail work (paint alone on these runs is a significant undertaking--5 color stages on the grassy mounds for example, that will mostly disappear in pinball lighting/distance ).

Thank you for the photos! Hopefully I get a chance to see them installed as well Always awesome to see when my work makes it into games.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I couldn't be more in agreement. And I should preface this by stating I'm not much of a 'mod' guy - but these creations are first rate. Moreover, they look like they were part of the original design of the machine, only later to be taken out by the manufacturer due to cost constraints. Seriously, Stern should partner with Greg on these and include them with future builds of Elvira. They look completely OEM...... if not better.
I realize that mods can be pricey, but if you're on the fence and want to add a little dressing to your machine, at least order the casket / coffin. You won't be disappointed!

I never know how to respond to such glowing reviews, but I'm truly thankful that my mods are appreciated by so many, and that they're enhancing the pinball experience.

Appearing factory is always one of my main goals when designing mods. On Elvira, this meant things such as making sure the HoF target text and Elvira's hair wasn't covered at all on that plastic under the gargoyle, as doing so would be a clear giveaway that they weren't factory (was a challenge to cover the VUK with a good looking head while keeping within that thin boundary [I almost went a route that would have been easier to design and produce, but my friend with the Elvira was adamant that I kept to my original plan of the gargoyle head, so I made it happen, and I'm glad I did]).

Run #3 should hopefully be on the way tomorrow (an 11 set run), though drying between stages and final curing time may have me hold off shipping until Friday. Wish I could get through these faster given the waitlist, but at nearly 60 hours of labor per run (and 150+ hours of printed parts [mostly built during work on the previous run]), it's proving hard to attempt a full run in the 7 day time-frame I've been trying for.

Will post those that make it into run #4 soon (waiting on a couple payments before making the cut).

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Anxiously paid prior and excited. Awesome mods

Most have done the same, and it's appreciated. Does help me streamline without having to send extra PMs, and easier to plan parts I'll need (particularly for custom orders I don't build until payment).

And thank you for the positive feedback

#72 4 years ago

Had started on this last leg of painting (just grass segments and metal accents left) some hours ago with the intention of working until I ship mods by 6pm tomorrow (I generally work through the night), but am without power currently with the storm. Hoping it comes back soon, otherwise I may bump this to a Sat. shipment.

Will work on what I can with flashlights until then (prefer not to paint this way). EDIT: Still without power at 1:50, but have made progress on prepping parts for run #4

Printers are also stopped unfortunately, but parts for run #4 (aside from custom orders that haven't been paid for) are ready for when I get to the prep stages this weekend. On the bright side, all of these new model machines I have can resume prints after an outage.

Still waiting on a few people in run #4 to pay before posting the list.

New orders are currently filling run #7.

For those that like seeing these, here's a photo from yesterday that shows the custom caskets from run #3 (missing grass and metal hinge paint of course).
20200206_220256 (resized).jpg20200206_220256 (resized).jpg

#74 4 years ago

Run #4 (9 orders, but 12 sets [largest run yet]):

1) rockrand
2) doghouse
3) birdnest
4) Blackzarak
5) lash
6) Eric H. (FB)
7) Marc K. (FB)
8 ) great-hosts
9) kingpin24

#75 4 years ago

Tracking tonight for all of these that aren't part of a larger order. EDIT: Run #3 has shipped and tracking has been sent to everyone that went out today.

Run #3:
20200208_135449 (resized).jpg20200208_135449 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#76 4 years ago

Hoping to have run #4 shipped Tuesday or Wednesday.

If you have any general update questions, please ask them here instead so everyone can see the update. I'm working 7 days a week on mods, and am still getting a wall of PMs every day asking when mods are shipping or for personal updates.

I'm also working on existing Judge Dredd, BSD, ACNC, RZ, and Ghostbusters mod orders (from which I'm also getting update messages).

I put a ton of hours into mods each week, and the constant PMs make me feel like I'm not doing enough to keep customers happy. Didn't even have the time to do what I wanted for my fiancee for Valentine's Day yesterday (didn't sleep Thursday night as I worked on mods for nearly 20 hours straight with hopes of finishing what I set out to do before getting everything together before she got home from work on V-Day), and had multiple requests for updates while spending time with her.

I'm just one guy doing all of these from home, and I've never had anywhere close to the demand for my mods as I now have. Most would say I've priced them too low given the demand, but I've kept pricing the same thus far as I believe it's fair. I just can't keep up with the demand (even if I had more printers), and I'm getting 100s of PMs that also take up a lot of time to go through. Trying to keep the excess messaging to a minimum as it's becoming a great source of anxiety.

These mods have many stages to go through with several overnight drying stages, and the detail I put into them is something I'm not willing to sacrifice to get them out quicker.

Sorry for any delays as I work on these and many other mods. Trying to keep as many customers happy as I can, and for those further down the list, I hope these prove to be worth the wait.

Pinsiders have been awesome when it comes to understanding these take time, and your patience has been greatly appreciated.

#78 4 years ago

Shipping tomorrow. Will finish the grass paint today and clear coat later on (build the mech parts once cured). Custom caskets from this run shown below. Fonts have always been my choice and a mystery to the customer until this point (hopefully no disappointments thus far).

Quoted from zwartepanter:

Beautifull things need time. Patience is a nice thing.

I appreciate the sentiment

Even surprising to me how many hours go into these, particularly in all the prep stages before paint. Feel like I'll be able to get through a pile of parts (exacto knife detailing, sanding, gluing, smoothing layers [getting rid of the worst of the print lines], final sanding, etc.) in a short while, but the hours just keep piling on (wouldn't want to know how many pinball podcast re-runs I go through in the process ). 115+ separate printed parts in this run alone (each going through many stages of detailing)
20200218_130614 (resized).jpg20200218_130614 (resized).jpg

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Take your time! I don’t even have an Elvira (yet!) but these are just so great looking, I’m moving it up in the queue to get one. Don’t sweat it if you have to take a bit longer to finish - they are worth it! That 7 day window is aggressive

Glad to hear these have increased your motivation to get the game

And while this cadence hasn't been great for my physical or mental health, there's just too many orders to slow down (already a fair bit behind on my Pinside shop orders I try to throw out shipping estimates on and fail to make). Once I have cash in hand, I stress until I get the order fulfilled, and can see it will be this way for awhile. Unfortunately I am getting PMs that show customers getting antsy, and the above message was prompted after a PM that seemed to suggest concern that I'd just disappear--I hope my reputation here is strong enough for others to know that will never happen.

As noted, I'll learn from it, and once the dust settles, I can plan future releases a bit better.

Ultimately a good problem to have. When I started offering mods 2.5 years ago, I could have only dreamed my work would receive the response it has here. Truly appreciated.

#86 4 years ago

medisinyl These are run #4 ? I can't wait

Yep, run #4 (12 sets). Wish I could get through them faster myself

Quoted from jfh:

I did not originally order a doghouse or the front two grass pieces. If I were to order them now, what’s the likelihood that the new grass coloring would match my casket grass coloring enough so you wouldn’t notice the difference?

All colors used on the grass are done separate and aren't a custom mix as some of my mods are, so the result should be pretty darn close.

#89 4 years ago

Run #5 will be:

1) Swydooghe
2) GAP66
3) wcbu64
4) gipinball
5) Medfly
6) Toucan16
7) Coasterguy
8 ) iceman44
9) Gooch
10) Pin-K

Tracking for run #4 will be sent to everyone later tonight.

#90 4 years ago

Photo of run #4:

20200219_145426 (resized).jpg20200219_145426 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#95 4 years ago

Planning to ship run #5 on Monday.

Working through a wall of other orders that were paid before the current Elvira runs, so this run interval is looking a bit slower. Hopefully back to a quicker cadence for run #6 and beyond.

For those that like the behind the scenes look, here's a couple pics I took of the unprepped parts near the final product. The gargoyle and grass/casket sections were designed with interlocking sections for accuracy and strength when gluing them together (posts for the gargoyle, and rectangles on the grass and casket).

Some of the prints come out very stringy (seems hit or miss, and perhaps has something to do with the crazy temperature swings).

The grass pieces are always stringy, but I go over all of them in detail with an exacto knife to cut them away before paint (and during paint as they reveal themselves).

20200219_145932 (resized).jpg20200219_145932 (resized).jpg20200219_150020 (resized).jpg20200219_150020 (resized).jpg
#97 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Woot! Run number 6 soon then.

You'll be in run #6 for sure. Near 100% retention of the interest list (unexpected based on past interest lists of mine) will likely throw some of my run predictions off for some orders (especially during the period I was inundated with PMs and giving an idea before processing everything).

I'll soon send out final reminders to those that would make run #6 and haven't paid yet, and will post the run #6 list when I know for sure.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you have a shroud/enclosure for your printer? Helps quite a bit with the temperature swings

I don't, but I looked up what that would mean for my machines, and can see that would be cumbersome in an already crowded room.

Of course most of the year we don't have 30-80* temperature swings within 24 hours :p

#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well shoot... this mod convinced me to join the Elvira3 club! (LE #383!). I assume I can just send you a PM? I am knocked out by your painting skills...

Yep, PM is still the way I'm taking orders for now. Once I finally ship the last run of the growing list, I'll add them to the shop (harder to explain a waitlist backlog to those seeing "in stock" in the shop).

And that's some awesome feedback on these. Thank you! Easier for me to just see those that are more skilled than I, and strive to improve where I can, but the positive response I've gotten on these has been truly appreciated.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Planning to ship run #5 on Monday.
Working through a wall of other orders that were paid before the current Elvira runs, so this run interval is looking a bit slower. Hopefully back to a quicker cadence for run #6 and beyond.
For those that like the behind the scenes look, here's a couple pics I took of the unprepped parts near the final product. The gargoyle and grass/casket sections were designed with interlocking sections for accuracy and strength when gluing them together (posts for the gargoyle, and rectangles on the grass and casket).
Some of the prints come out very stringy (seems hit or miss, and perhaps has something to do with the crazy temperature swings).
The grass pieces are always stringy, but I go over all of them in detail with an exacto knife to cut them away before paint (and during paint as they reveal themselves).[quoted image][quoted image]

Wednesday is looking like the more realistic ship date for run #5 (seems to be ending up a couple days after I estimate each time, so clearly I'm terrible at estimating ). Will be back on these 100% tonight, and will be upping run #6 capacity to 12 orders. Other mods (made runs of all my Alice mods, so there's a handful available again) and crazy market volatility have forced some of my attention this past week.

Run #6 will be:

1) Minwick
2) FarminSharman
3) cdonnerusmc
4) JimSheffield
5) Jetcom1121
6) benjn
7) Ethviking31
8 ) Challenger1128
9) javagrind888
10) PunishersLEMC
11) NimblePin
12) Fuseholder

EDIT: Currently filling run #10, and perhaps #11 soon if most come through with payments on the list, so there's still a fair wait at the tail end on these. Though as noted, I believe run #6 and onward should go a bit faster at this point as I near the end of other mod orders and now have some stock of ACNC mods again.

#104 4 years ago

Still plugging away. Guaranteed to ship tomorrow.

Custom caskets from this run:

20200304_173634 (resized).jpg20200304_173634 (resized).jpg
#105 4 years ago

Tracking numbers will be PM'd when I'm home later tonight.

#109 4 years ago

Just wondering how run 6 is progressing.. Also friendly reminder I had multiple items added to my order at different times
Stoked to get all the custom pieces

Shipped run #5 on Thursday and was away over the weekend, but I do have progress on run #6 already (all parts built aside from custom casket tops that I'll likely make in CAD tonight, and the lower caskets have been cleaned and assembled). I'm planning to have them out by Saturday. Will aim for Friday, but as noted, my estimates haven't been great and there are several curing periods between the adhesive, pre-paint smoothing coats, paint, and final clear.

I do have several updates in my notes for your order

Quoted from marspinball:

So what's the price for the full mechanical set less the pop bumpers?

$249 + $7.99 shipping within the US. So $256.99 shipped total (+$10 for a custom casket lettering/date section).

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

By the way, what printer are you using? I’ve gotten some amazing mileage out of my Ender3 but I’m about to throw it out the window with how finicky it is to level. After. Every. Single. Print.

Currently using three CR10 V2 Printers. Superior in every way to the CR10s I was using, which had several issues for me.

First CR10 V2 I got was from my fiancee for Christmas, and I bought two more.

Have only needed to set the level once on each after these months and still no issue. I can also use the entire bed without issue (CR10s I was using always had an issue with this and needing lots of fiddling if I switched what I was printing).

#113 4 years ago

Run #6 ultimately ended up 14 orders total, so my largest run yet. Likely have to ship on Monday. 8 custom orders ended up taking nearly an entire day on their own, and proving to be a great hindrance for the cost (also means I can't plan ahead for those parts, and if anything goes wrong with a custom part, I have to wait for a free printer, plus a few hours to have a new part made--with a non-custom, I have extras on hand for any QC issues). Anyone that got a quote earlier on for a custom order is locked into that price, but for future orders, the custom casket price is now $20. The custom casket option will likely be discontinued once these hit the shop and I can no longer fill runs.

Sent out some PM reminders for run #7.

Currently run #7 is looking like:

1) Jackalwere
2) Pinb1
3) Cyrus
4) ckorth
5) Roon
6) Drew13
7) KLR2014
8-10+) Unpaid thus far. There's a chunk of paid orders down the list that I'll put in this run if I don't have a response from the others by Sunday.

I'll likely go beyond 10 orders on run #7 as well once I know where I'm at.

Ultimately adding orders to each run is already showing that I'll be one run ahead for most run # estimates (if I suggested you'd be in run #9, most should be in run #8 instead).

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Can we get pics of run #6? I love seeing everyone's customs.

Should have some uploaded here tomorrow night

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah ! Paid before promises! Lol

Ha Perhaps poor wording on my part. Some on the list disappear or want to be reminded when their run is soon to be built before paying (always an option). And I know some that have paid are checking to see if they make the run (just a reminder to check back after Sunday for the updated list).

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Coming near mine...

Very close to yours. Was a slight chance you'd be in run #7, but looking less likely now as payments come in ahead. Definitely run #8 at the latest.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Getting close to mine. Can’t wait to see how it works with the bone ramps.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the Scared Stiff mods on your game (put the same flippers in my RZ). I had seen your game in the main thread and was already looking forward to seeing how you put it all together with these mods

Otherwise, still hoping to get custom photos up tonight, but likely in the a.m hours as I paint through the night (while it's not supposed to be an option, there is a custom dog house name in this run). Had another small setback earlier today with a custom casket I had to redesign and reprint (didn't notice the issue until finishing up the pre-paint work today). Shipped some other work out earlier and will be painting these soon (ton of hours go into painting, so I'll likely have to finish the second half over the weekend).

Still projecting faster than most runs for work days as I was away over the weekend and last moment hosted a birthday get together yesterday (had generally been working 7 days a week beforehand). Also the largest run yet at 14 sets. I expect I'll bump run #7 to at least 12.

#124 4 years ago

Only have the first coat done on the purple stone thus far (did the gray stone first). To finish just the purple stone parts on this run, it will take 171 total passes of paintwork (I always make an extra casket lid just in case).

Posting a preview of the custom caskets in this run to show the text. They'll get looked over before the next paint stage for any inner text stringing that's revealed.

Will post pictures of the finished caskets before shipping. Text will pop more once the lighter detail colors are finished.
20200314_032034 (resized).jpg20200314_032034 (resized).jpg

#126 4 years ago

Run #7:

1) Jackalwere
2) Pinb1
3) Cyrus
4) ckorth
5) Roon
6) Drew13
7) KLR2014
8 ) leeriley
9) NeilMcRae
10) bigehrl
11) nexfx
12) zwartepanter (had one ahead disappear, and a paid buyer that wants more time for his custom casket decision, so I got you in #7 )

Otherwise, I ended up leaving Saturday morning to look at a car down south (bought it) and visit my fiancee's family--didn't get back home until 1am. Started prepping my previous daily for sale yesterday, and tackling last minute corona-prep shopping.

I did paint until about 4am last night, so progress has been made, but tomorrow would be the earliest I can ship at this point.

#128 4 years ago

Run #6 ships today. Complete aside from the three pop sets I'm finishing up now, and assembling the casket lids.

Fireflyman1 has also been added to run #7, so it will be a 13 order run.

#129 4 years ago
20200318_161334 (resized).jpg20200318_161334 (resized).jpg20200318_161410 (resized).jpg20200318_161410 (resized).jpg20200318_161458 (resized).jpg20200318_161458 (resized).jpg
#130 4 years ago

Will send out tracking tomorrow.

The vast majority of these shipped out earlier today (before final pickup), so most are on the way.

#132 4 years ago

Thanks totally awesome and worth the wait![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Thank you for the photos

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Is the house available? Looks awesome!

Gonk's dog house? If so, then yes it's available. Should be more information and pricing in the first post. Zack at SDTM on YouTube also did a video on the Elvira mods that shows installation.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

Greg, these look AMAZING in our Game !!
Meant to post last week after I put them in, better late than never.[quoted image][quoted image]

This may make your custom casket my favorite thus far. The Bony Beast spine adds perfect context here

Also gives me confidence that the mods will look great in tatman's game as well.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

FYI - that date is someone's that's very special and responsible for Elvira's legacy [now trilogy] !
What's Tatman doing to his game?!?
Pics REQUIRED !!

Post #122

Hopefully we'll see final pics once he gets his mods

#139 4 years ago

Run #8 will be another 13 sets:

1) Kaiserstadt
2) fast1981
3) fattrain (2 sets)
4,5,6,7,8) Macca101010 and friends.
9) Pozzest01
10) jmatlack
11) Pinstein
12) Ftrmech

Will get some pics up soon of Run #7 .

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Dang! Was hoping we’d make run 8

Looks like you'll just make the cut-off for run #9 (one earlier than quoted I believe)

#145 4 years ago

Sorry for the delay in run #7 updates. Was in the hospital for 18 hours until last night (I'm okay). Taking a mental health break today, but will be finishing the run up soon.

#151 4 years ago

I appreciate the well wishes. Without going into details, it's been a rough week emotionally and mentally.

Small update here on run #7. Custom caskets in base-paint stage. Also showing the extra step I took for the Domino Arcade casket. The customer isn't aware (until now perhaps), but I took the liberty to look up their arcade sign and recreate it by hand (knew I had seen it posted somewhere before). Hope he digs it.

This sort of detail isn't something I offer to be requested, but at times I throw a surprise in on the customs.

Again, all the lettering will pop much better once the final details are painted.
20200402_235948 (resized).jpg20200402_235948 (resized).jpg20200402_235948x (resized).jpg20200402_235948x (resized).jpg

#152 4 years ago

Hopefully done with these tomorrow. Just need to finish the grass portions and make the pop bumpers before final clear and assembly.

Sorry again for the slow down here with little progress over the last week for work. My fiancee left me last week and I've lost ten pounds in 7 days. Still hoping to fix it all, but it doesn't seem likely thus far.

20200407_012104 (resized).jpg20200407_012104 (resized).jpg20200407_012109 (resized).jpg20200407_012109 (resized).jpg20200407_012130 (resized).jpg20200407_012130 (resized).jpg
#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

^^ Sorry to hear that, brother. Focus on the important things and keep looking ahead!

I appreciate all of the kind words here.

Of course getting customers their products in a reasonable timeframe is also important to me, despite the unexpected life hurdle. Been stressful with the backlog of paid orders as I worry about keeping everyone happy. I know most don't realize how many lists are running (backlog on RZ and Alice mods as well), and my mods generally take a long time to create.

Was never this hectic before the Elvira mods, and mod orders for everything I offer either haven't slowed or have picked up. Never thought my mod work would be so well received, and I can't thank everyone enough for the opportunity to create these and see them in other machines. Just hope I don't upset too many with the long turnaround times at the back end.

My personal life isn't something I want to post about here, but I feel everyone with an order placed deserves to know why this run didn't ship last week.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from littleoak:

Hi, I was wondering if you are still taking orders for Elvira HOH mods? Thanks

I appreciate your interest.

I'm currently filling run #11 and taking orders through PM.

Once the runs are complete, these will be added to the shop.

#164 4 years ago

Run #7 is all boxed up.

Shipping Domestic orders today (EDIT: Tracking sent) and international tomorrow (EDIT 2: Tracking sent).

1 week later
#167 4 years ago

Run #8 will ship by the end of the week. Been busy with Alice and RZ runs in between these latest Elvira runs (got myself behind on everything, but making progress at a normal rate again). Again, the patience has been appreciated. I couldn't overstate the importance of the support I've had from the pinball community.

Otherwise, lots of good feedback from run #7 in PMs, but I think we all like to see installed pics

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

Sorry to bother ya but any updates, pictures? I'm so excited to get my mods from you. Hope you are doing well. Stay healthy people!

Making progress on them currently and will be through the night and tomorrow. Update pictures by tomorrow evening . Looking more like a Monday ship day.

#171 3 years ago

Unfortunately I've had a batch of 5 custom casket lids fail on me toward the end of a 10 hour print (I had intended to post early paint pics today, but that won't be possible). Had 11 customs I put together last night/earlier today. The customs do add a lot of time to the runs, especially when there's no spares for print failures and QC issues.

Just unjammed that machine and replaced the bowden tube. First time I've had a good looking piece of filament completely fuse itself within a Bowden tube (can't discern what happened despite being able to see through the tube and cutting the tube up). These newer machines have generally been stellar. Hopefully no more issue there (will switch machines if it happens again [others currently running other parts], and perhaps dump that spool of filament [have had a bad spool before]). (EDIT: current print attempt looking good so far).

Still have over 100 non-Elvira mods I've been trying to get to as well, and made tons of progress there this week, but did fall short of my goal before needing to get back to run #8 (unfortunately customers are tugging me at all ends). Preorders in January alone for my mods equated to about 25 weeks worth of work at 40 hours a week, which is why I was doing 60+ a week for much of the earlier time-period in attempt to get ahead of it. I do believe there has been more backlogged workload than some realize (based on PMs). ~8x normal orders in January, and an unusual chunk in Feb. as well into the first half of March.

Of course I did lose a chunk of time with recent events, and I'm sorry for that delay.

All other parts are already ready to go for run #8. Just need to paint everything at the same time to be efficient.

For now, here's an idea for some of the custom caskets (not shown are a couple familiar format LEs and a remake of a casket from the previous run that I made a number mistake on).
20200425_154242 (resized).jpg20200425_154242 (resized).jpg20200425_154322 (resized).jpg20200425_154322 (resized).jpg

#172 3 years ago

...and finally have all the parts out successfully Will get pics up tomorrow night of where I'm at with run #8.

I had another couple curl on me on the second attempt of that last batch that needed another 4 hour print today (used more of the print bed than normal given the number of customs in this batch, which was no issue for the other printer, but this one needed to be re-leveled a bit for that far side to adhere properly).

Normally I make the custom caskets at the start of the run rather than last, and any issues are resolved before they get in the way of delaying paint prep like this. Life is still a bit unpredictable, but my ex-fiancee came by for the third and likely final time to move her stuff to a storage bay (have taken any moment I can to talk to her in an attempt to salvage the relationship, and while she still seems to be mixed on the decision, there's unfortunately been no luck there).

--

On a more positive note, this ordeal has gotten me to post to social media for the first time (not counting rare photo posts). Did so on the 21st (karaoke cover of Duran Duran's Ordinary World), and that's a lot of what helped make this past week a productive one for me with mod work. I'm on the autism spectrum, so this sort of thing hits me hard, and I desperately needed some connection to people and something to look forward to. I'm generally a shy, private person, so this is the first time friends and family are seeing me sing (and first many will see me play guitar once I post a video of that).

For those curious, my FB is : https://www.facebook.com/gregory.s.jones.50 That first karaoke video should be at the top of my page (other countries may have some of it muted due to a copyright issue on the music).

--

Sending messages out to anyone that would be in run #9 that have yet to pay and I'll get that list up as soon as it's finalized (most have paid).

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That was a great performance! I’m in a band (I sing and do guitar) and we tried that song a few gosh, months ago, I guess. It is HARD! Great tune, great version of it. Keep on rockin!

Quoted from Macca101010:

Great voice mate, thanks for sharing. My son is also on the spectrum so understand where your coming from.
Take your time on the mods, I'm sure they will look amazing as usual.

I appreciate the positive feedback guys, and especially from a gigging musician . I was very insecure and lacked confidence for most of my life when it came to this sort of thing, so I've generally kept any guitar playing or singing to myself. I didn't start singing at all until recent years. Now I try not to worry as much about what others may think (I'm 35 now). I've done a few open mics in the past, but again it was during times of other stress in my life that made it possible to ignore the stage-fright so to speak.

Just posted a guitar clip to my page as well.

#177 3 years ago

Just listing those in run #9 that have already paid and are guaranteed to make it in. More will be added soon (some that have already paid and not listed may be bumped in if others opt out).

1) PDX-Mike
2) Chrono86
3) Mudflaps
4) legui
5) kse001
6) BillyPilgrim
7) gandaft
8 ) Rdoyle1978

EDIT:
9) Darth-Grayder
10) dnaman

List should end up at 12 sets. Most should already be seeing a run bump over the original quote given the additional sets I've made in most runs since the first runs, so hopefully that helps bridge some of the mental gap over the recent delays.

#178 3 years ago

Still plan on getting some pics up tonight. Just may be in the a.m hours.

EDIT: 3am...still the plan :p

#179 3 years ago

56 base purple pieces painted so far.

20200428_040251 (resized).jpg20200428_040251 (resized).jpg
#182 3 years ago

Had to sleep after that photo, but will post another update here tonight.

#183 3 years ago

Will keep plugging away on paint for another couple hours tonight, but close enough to know these will *finally* ship out on Thursday (tomorrow).

Really like how the Barry DeLyve casket is turning out. I do wonder if the customer that requested the Seymour Butz casket was aware of how the "HOH LE" would likely be interpreted after those words, haha (may very well have been the reason they went with it)

Making my cut and bumping a couple previously paid orders into run #9 (had a couple not respond back).

1) PDX-Mike
2) Chrono86
3) Mudflaps
4) legui
5) kse001
6) BillyPilgrim
7) gandaft
8 ) Rdoyle1978
9) Darth-Grayder
10) dnaman
11) MountZion
12) Luis19
20200429_034304 (resized).jpg20200429_034304 (resized).jpg

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn these are successful mods

Yep, an absolutely crazy and unexpected response on these I'm sure your video was a significant boost, and super appreciated, though even day one got a surprising number of pre-orders. Feel guilty that I charged you for the Elvira mods given the awesome video you graciously made (hopefully the Alice mods helped balance it out a bit for now). Seeing your videos on my work really has been one of the coolest things I've experienced with modding.

My biggest "hits" before Elvira was for games limited to 300 and 500 games, which may have helped keep the orders more gradual and manageable.

Looking forward to getting all current orders behind me and having time for new development. Will try to plan better on future mod releases.

#188 3 years ago

At USPS now. Getting 10 of the sets out today and will ship the last few tomorrow.

#190 3 years ago

The others did ship today. Tracking numbers will be sent later tonight.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I got mine in today. Easy install. Awesome upgrade.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Thank you for the before/after photo, and for the positive feedback

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Do you think your mod will still work with the extra plastic protector I have underneath the factory one?
[quoted image]

The mod is designed to the fraction of a millimeter for most parts, so it's likely that extra height would cause a problem in function and/or appearance. Gargoyle would sit higher (possibly a concern for the exiting ball), not fit properly on that post, and perhaps cause issues when mating against the casket and grass (or even an issue with the new lower wall height).

So I wouldn't recommend it, but if someone has already installed the mods with such a protector, perhaps they can chime in.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Can the Gargoyle’s bottom be filed down? Not sure what your mod is made of.

It's 3D printed with PLA. Several smoothing stages help reduce the majority of the 3D printed appearance, so these mods look nicer than a typical 3D printed part.

And while it would be possible to belt sand (or otherwise) material away, it would break through the outer wall, into the inner structure (not that it would be seen from the top if done well), and ultimately make the base of the wall look off I'd imagine.

As much as I'd like to offer a version that could fit here, adding another variable to the production on these would be more inefficient than desired.

#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Just wanted to touch base and see what the eta of my order is, everything looks great

Not at my list right now, but looks like I quoted run #11 in the PM conversation (possibly #10 as I've been making more sets per run than I started out with, and some on the list disappear).

Currently filling run #13 I believe. Been a recent boost in orders after a couple different FB posts.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Which batch was sent out most recently? Seems like you are killing it making these!

#8 was shipped. Parts are getting put together on run #9, but the main focus has been RZ/ACNC this week so far.

#205 3 years ago

Update here by Friday with pics hopefully.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will accept pre-orders through PM, and will list on my Pinside shop soon as well.

Seeing this from my first post looks rather funny to me now...not knowing what I was in for (and sorry for the false advertising as many have asked why they aren't in the shop yet). I had been used to 3-4 weeks of backlog work for initial pre-orders on previous mods (before normal, steady order rate returned), thus expecting to have these in the shop by early Feb.

I clearly wasn't even remotely prepared for the success of these mods, nor the rate all of my other mods have continued to receive orders (seemingly boosted by the Elvira exposure [and Zach's awesome videos, and other customer posts to FB, etc.]).

As I've said before, I can't thank everyone enough for the support, but I do fear the giant turnaround times dampen customer satisfaction. Easy for me to set-out on mod work thinking I'll get it done in no time, then the hours keep passing by with much less accomplished than expected. Something like an Alice lab, I can only average (in a run) two a day at most with how significant a project those are.

Thanks yet again to the patience most here have had with me on these.

#208 3 years ago

Getting the run #10 list together and will message those that haven't paid soon (not listed here yet - EDIT: 5 messages sent thus far). As before, existing paid orders will get bumped up if others opt out.

1) wvpinball
2) MadMaxDad
3) May
4) vze2mqmm
5) Otto110
6) Simpswho
7) Mark1971
8 ) Vegasbills

Added over 4 years ago:

9) Snowman

#210 3 years ago

Will be back on these 100% tomorrow. Have one last non-Elvira order from a few months ago that needs to be finished tonight. Have shipped nearly 50 mods in the last 4 days, so lots of progress, just not here. Had hoped to be strictly on Elvira at the end of last week, but discovered many old orders that needed to be completed by now.

Updated Run #10 list (will be at least one more spot filled before the cut off):

1) wvpinball
2) MadMaxDad
3) May
4) vze2mqmm
5) Otto110
6) Simpswho
7) Mark1971
8 ) Vegasbills
9) Snowman
10 ) Analogkid
11) Cyberninja24

EDIT: May be run #14 that is currently filling. Just waiting on people that were earlier on the list to respond for run #10.

Added over 4 years ago:

EDIT #2: Did a bit of a recount and it's looking like it should be run #13 still filling now--not #14 (#12 for many recent additions).

#212 3 years ago

Run #9 will be shipped on Tuesday after the holiday. Run #10 should be back to the normal run interval for shipping after that.

Run #10

1) wvpinball
2) MadMaxDad
3) May
4) vze2mqmm
5) Otto110
6) Simpswho
7) Mark1971
8 ) Vegasbills
9) Snowman
10 ) Analogkid
11) Vitty (Cyberninja24)
12) Drfrightner (pending)

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Let’s see some photos!

Will have photos up here by tomorrow night Into paint stages, so no late surprises like the custom issues from the last run.

Meeting someone today that I've been chatting with for about 4 weeks, so that will have me somewhat side-tracked today (keeping with my personal life being an open book in this thread ). Will be back to painting these tonight.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

What is the shipping to Australia on these mods mate as we are getting killed on the exchange rate. Thinking of placing an order.

$24.99 is what I charge for international (cost to me is a bit higher as it's generally $24.50 to Australia for one set + the box and packing materials).

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will have photos up here by tomorrow night Into paint stages, so no late surprises like the custom issues from the last run.
Meeting someone today that I've been chatting with for about 4 weeks, so that will have me somewhat side-tracked today (keeping with my personal life being an open book in this thread ). Will be back to painting these tonight.

Still planning to post a photo here soon tonight (vampire hours).

#217 3 years ago

Mid paint casket pic for now.

Final run #10 list:

1) wvpinball
2) MadMaxDad
3) May
4) vze2mqmm
5) Otto110
6) Simpswho
7) Mark1971
8 ) Vegasbills
9) Snowman
10 ) Analogkid
11) Vitty (Cyberninja24)
12) Drfrightner (pending)
13) PBMAN

20200524_163451 (resized).jpg20200524_163451 (resized).jpg
#219 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

What is the shipping to Australia on these mods mate as we are getting killed on the exchange rate. Thinking of placing an order.

Will also note that ALL international shipping times have been unusually long during Covid, with tracking sitting with no updates for over a month in most cases.

But they are ultimately arriving safely it seems as I'm finally getting some updates on arrivals recently.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

13 Names - only 12 caskets ...

That's run #9 (shipping tomorrow).

Run #10 will be 13 (all names now confirmed/paid on that list as of today).

#222 3 years ago

Clear coat still curing on the couple orders with pop bumpers, but here's run #9. Tracking will be sent out tonight after shipping.

20200526_162626 (resized).jpg20200526_162626 (resized).jpg

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Clear coat still curing on the couple orders with pop bumpers, but here's run #9. Tracking will be sent out tonight after shipping.
[quoted image]

The 10 orders without pops shipped out earlier and tracking numbers have been sent (pop orders ship tomorrow).

I'll create all of the custom caskets for run #10 in CAD tomorrow. I'll be doing less non-Elvira work for this run interval to get run #10 out in a more timely fashion.

1 week later
#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Love it!![quoted image]

Thanks a ton for the posts. As always, I love seeing the custom caskets installed

My friend with the Elvira saw your posts and now wants to install some purple bulbs

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As I've had a second report on this (over the course of the entire production), I felt I should bring it up in case anyone else has had this issue with the right grass piece.

The upper screw on that right side should be countersunk and flush, but it seems Stern has made some of these with the wrong screw (despite the plastic underneath still beveled for countersunk).

This interferes with the grass portion as it lifts it in the front, and that's incorrect. On the first report I received, the customer was able to find a countersunk screw installed nearby and switched them around. Should this prove to be a larger problem than it seems (unreported issues), I would look into finding appropriate hardware to include.

Untitledscrew (resized).jpgUntitledscrew (resized).jpg

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Not to hijack your thread, but I went with a purple theme (trim, speakers, t-molding, some LEDs). Cabinet is so-so, but blends well on the playfield.
[quoted image]

Suits the game well and looks awesome. Only thing that sticks out now are the awful yellow flipper bats Stern uses on everything. Game deserves some Scared Stiff flipper bats

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Here's the first set I did for my game. The color washing is a little light for my taste but I have another set I washed darker that I'll swap in at some point.
I need to get rid of that ugly yellow pricing card too.
[quoted image]

Definitely an upgrade.

I had seen people were getting bare looking Scared Stiff pieces. When I got my bats for RZ, it seemed they were available with color on them already (don't recall where I got them though):

20200603_010520 (resized).jpg20200603_010520 (resized).jpg
#237 3 years ago

Will have some run #10 photos up here Friday night and should be sending out messages for run #11 soon.

#244 3 years ago

Working on run #10 through the night here and should have some photos soon.

I've sent out messages for run #11. Here's the current list of those confirmed/paid for run #11.

1) grabul
2) jtaudio
3) Dylanfan71
4) Nyo30
5) tktlwyr
6) Wake2wood
7) Joseph Fox (FB)
8 ) Welby Bergum (FB)
9) dforrest

With the new count, I can confirm that run #13 is what I'm currently filling.

Added over 4 years ago:

10) Bladerunner

#245 3 years ago

Couple casket pics for now. The Random Gravity Arcade text was done different than usual.

Also, one casket will get special dagger lids as I failed to make a custom from the last run (didn't get into my hand written notes, so I made a standard one). Wanted to do something special to make up for the added delay, and to keep it special, it won't be offered for sale that way, but figure some may be interested to see the final pic before these ship.

In other news, I just picked up a TSPP, and my buddy got a Scared Stiff over the weekend (perhaps one or both will get a mod or two).

20200608_130514 (resized).jpg20200608_130514 (resized).jpg20200608_130633 (resized).jpg20200608_130633 (resized).jpg
#249 3 years ago

Looking to have run #10 shipped out tomorrow.

Current run #11 list:

1) grabul
2) jtaudio
3) Dylanfan71
4) Nyo30
5) tktlwyr
6) Wake2wood
7) Joseph Fox (FB)
8 ) Welby Bergum (FB)
9) dforrest
10) Bladerunner
11) Busch (pending)
12) freegame450

#251 3 years ago

Will have run pics up later today. Won't have everything wrapped/boxed by the shipping cutoff today, so they'll all go out tomorrow for sure now.

Wanted to show the custom casket with dagger-lids as they're the unique thing from this batch (final matte clear not applied here).

Again, this is a one-time thing to make up for missing this custom from run #9, but I figure others may like to see it anyway.

20200611_145447 (resized).jpg20200611_145447 (resized).jpg

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Do you know what the correct screw size is? Thanks :]

Not sure.

20200612_160748 (resized).jpg20200612_160748 (resized).jpg20200612_160639 (resized).jpg20200612_160639 (resized).jpg
#255 3 years ago

Run #10 has been shipped. Tracking will be sent via PMs within the next few hours I expect.

1 week later
#257 3 years ago
Quoted from spookydog:

Can I still order some of the Elvira HOH mods ? Thanks

Yes. PM sent.

1 week later
#261 3 years ago
Quoted from Nyo30:

News LIST 11?????

Will post an update here soon. All parts are ready to assemble now. Each set takes about 18 hours to print, so each run is about 216 hours just to create the parts (unfortunately down to 2 working printers right now as well for all of my mods). Gonk houses are completed and painted too.

My main focus between these runs has been ACNC and RZ (already had parts ready to assemble), which have also had backlogs of orders for a long time.

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Got my new toys installed ,lovum Great work :} here they are.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Thank you for the photos.

Always neat to see the unique mods others have done as well

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

I'm in for the mods if you have some left or make a new batch.
Dan

There's still a waitlist building. May be run #14 that is filling currently, if not #15. Can PM to get on the list.

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Do give us a status update when you can as to which run is on deck, etc., Medisinyl.
Not in any hurry; just wondering how soon I’ll have to commit to my engraving text. I’ve been debating among three … and I keep waffling.

In the midst of run #11, which I hope to ship by the end of the week.

Looks like you'll make the cut for run #12.

#274 3 years ago

Pic update (grass is about to be painted on these). Need to make one last casket as well for this batch.

Drfrightner had a custom last run that didn't get in my notes, and as before when this has happened, I rethink some element to make it more unique--inverted with a tombstone silhouette this time around (lids are loosely placed for the photo).

Elvira casket was a repeat custom request, but it won't be getting the dagger lids as the previous one had.

20200703_091944 (resized).jpg20200703_091944 (resized).jpg20200703_092225 (resized).jpg20200703_092225 (resized).jpg

#275 3 years ago

Will start making the run #12 list Sunday night and send out some PMs around that time to those that would make the list and have yet to pay.

Intended to ship run #11 later today, but realizing now it's a holiday (result of social distancing and no plans). Will ship on Monday.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Pic update (grass is about to be painted on these). Need to make one last casket as well for this batch.
Drfrightner had a custom last run that didn't get in my notes, and as before when this has happened, I rethink some element to make it more unique--inverted with a tombstone silhouette this time around (lids are loosely placed for the photo).
Elvira casket was a repeat custom request, but it won't be getting the dagger lids as the previous one had.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is the mentioned casket that still needs to get painted up, but here's a mock-up in case that customer sees this post and wonders why his isn't in that pic.

f face mock (resized).jpgf face mock (resized).jpg

#279 3 years ago

Run #12 list thus far:

1) tatman9999
2) mrcleanhead
3) bloodydrake
4) BeeGeemtl
5) darquayle
6) Bob-G
7) scasteel
8) Charliew65
9) TheRudyB

Will send messages out soon to others that would make the list and have yet to pay.

May be run #15 that is currently filling for new orders.

Added over 4 years ago:

10) Guillomm69

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from Nyo30:

List 11 did you ship?

Post #275 here shows that these will be shipping today (by 6pm EST). Office was closed for the holiday.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will start making the run #12 list Sunday night and send out some PMs around that time to those that would make the list and have yet to pay.
Intended to ship run #11 later today, but realizing now it's a holiday (result of social distancing and no plans). Will ship on Monday.

#282 3 years ago

Skipping the full run pic this time around, but here's a pic of a couple of the unique items that weren't pictured before:

20200706_155642 (resized).jpg20200706_155642 (resized).jpg

#283 3 years ago

Looking like I may have packaged a 2nd Gonk house in a box in place of a gargoyle VUK piece yesterday (or similar error that has me with one less house than expected and one more VUK), so whenever that is found, it will be resolved ASAP.

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Do you have anymore for sale sir?

Still a waiting list running on these. May be run #15 that is filling currently, and I'm compiling #12 now. 12-14 sets per run get made.

Just PM me to get on the list. Away from home right now, so response time may be delayed.

#287 3 years ago

Final run #12 list:

1) tatman9999
2) mrcleanhead
3) bloodydrake
4) BeeGeemtl
5) darquayle
6) Bob-G
7) scasteel
8 ) Charliew65
9) TheRudyB
10) Guillomme69
11) Brett
12) Wolfy

1 week later
#291 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Everything arrived this week. Looks awesome. Best mods for this game out there.
No brainer if you own this game.
Great job Greg.

I'm happy to know everything arrived safe and that you're enjoying the mods Thank you for the positive feedback!

#292 3 years ago

Should have a paint update here any day now. Bit behind as I've juggled these with TMNT development, finishing taxes, etc.

I appreciate everyone's patience. Good problem to have the demand I've had this year, but I know the turnaround times have been a pain.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Do you have a website? If you're still taking back orders, I'd like to get on the casket/gargoyle mod list.

I don't have a website, but can get you on the list and message you when your run is about to start (may be run #15 or #16 filling currently).

#295 3 years ago

Starting to put the run #13 list together, and have sent out 7 messages to those that opted to pay before production--will send out others to those next in line if those spots aren't taken (or add from those that have paid).

Run #13 thus far:

1) fmetz374
2) docquest
3) Joe-dirt
4) Hurryuppinball
5) Jobowens
6) bemmett
7) Extraballzz
8 ) pinwiz55
9) Grr-pinball

Looking like the next few orders on the waitlist will still make it into run #15 for sure (not #16 as mentioned in the previous post).

Added over 4 years ago:

10) flashburn

Added over 4 years ago:

11) UnholySpectacle

#296 3 years ago

Early custom casket pic:
20200726_093832 (resized).jpg20200726_093832 (resized).jpg

#297 3 years ago

Final run #13 list:

1) fmetz374
2) docquest
3) Joe-dirt
4) Hurryuppinball
5) Jobowens
6) bemmett
7) Extraballzz
8 ) pinwiz55
9) Grr-pinball
10) flashburn
11) UnholySpectacle
12) tosman33

#298 3 years ago

Should have run #12 shipped out on Monday. Tracking in PMs by Monday night.

#299 3 years ago

In the midst of some CAD work for run #13.

For now, this is a casket that was supposed to get done in run #12, but I failed to note it down.

As I generally put some extra time into such delayed customs, I added the Dawn of the Dead face to this one. Pulled the poster image, hand traced some of the details, made it grayscale, cranked the contrast to full black/white, then transposed it to a 3D image for use in CAD.

Unmatched text sizing was an attempt to capture a bit of the Dawn of the Dead poster appearance.

rom3 (resized).jpgrom3 (resized).jpg
#300 3 years ago

Should have photos here of run #13 in a few days, and will send out run #14 messages this weekend.

Just ordered a 4th printer to help keep pace on Elvira orders (as the release of TMNT mods has proven to slow down Elvira parts too much).

Still keeping my main focus on these and other previous backlogs, while tackling TMNT on the side (generally working 7 days a week). I'm often working on other mods while I'm printing the full batch of Elvira mods.

Still need to get the clear coat on this before assembling the lids (will get rid of that un-stone-like sheen in the black), but it came out pretty nice (details were too fine to translate perfectly through the 3D printer, but should look great in the game).
db250979a208d48d6c04257af5395fa0f6e9663f (resized).jpgdb250979a208d48d6c04257af5395fa0f6e9663f (resized).jpg

#303 3 years ago

Double Romero as the previous post inspired a last moment switch

Will have run #13 shipped by Monday.

20200814_072924 (resized).jpg20200814_072924 (resized).jpg20200814_072955 (resized).jpg20200814_072955 (resized).jpg
#308 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Love these additions to EHOH, thanks Medisinyl! I added a little something to mine
[quoted image]

Quoted from Pinstein:

That looks great, I love what you did there and I will be copying that. I too modded Med's mod and dismantled a dashboard zombie (easy to find on ebay or amazon) and screwed the head and arms to the lower right flasher grass plate mod. All the pieces are spring mounted and it adds some more fun animation to the pf.[quoted image][quoted image]

Both of those are awesome! Would be neat to see video clips of them in action

#311 3 years ago

Looking like it will be tomorrow that run #13 will ship.

Will send out messages for run #14 tonight.

---------------

Parts were already satisfied for run #13, but for those curious about printer mishaps:

Have a couple new printer beds on the way... attempted grass piece batch ate through the coating after a leveler managed to work its way off and the nozzle dug in...of course I had already walked away before discovering the damage and filament mess much later (attempting to use it afterward resulted in a failed batch as well [thought it may just be cosmetic damage, but it led to parts practically fused onto the bed, taking part of it down to the glass in the whitish spot when forcefully removed-- normally parts would just fall off once the bed cooled]).

Otherwise, the CR-10 V2 machines have been awesome. The old CR-10 machines would often lose their levelers, and I thought the upgraded ones on the V2 solved it completely, but apparently not (still a ton of prints before having the issue though).
20200817_130921 (resized).jpg20200817_130921 (resized).jpg

#312 3 years ago

Sent out twelve messages for run #14 (as usual, will continue down the line if enough back out/disappear).

Current confirmed list:

1) Spookydog
2) Bmaru76
3) GAP66
4) AvidPinPlayer
5) slwths
6) DeathHimself
7) Kyleman

New interest is currently filling run #16.

Added over 4 years ago:

8 ) PlanetNine
9) leeriley

Added over 4 years ago:

10) Ed_In_Texas

#314 3 years ago

Run #13 has shipped and tracking numbers have been sent (orders with pops or TMNT mods ship tomorrow).

Quoted from Slapfighter:

Are you shipping to Germany?
If yes, count me in.

I do, and PM sent

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Thank you again Medisinyl . Delivery arrived yesterday. Got it them installed.. absolutely love it..[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome Thank you for the photos! Neat to see the other unique mods in the game as well.

#317 3 years ago

Should be the final run #14 list here (had several not respond this time around):

1) Spookydog
2) Bmaru76
3) GAP66
4) AvidPinPlayer
5) slwths
6) DeathHimself
7) Kyleman
8 ) PlanetNine
9) leeriley
10) Ed_In_Texas
11) Fingersport (pending payment)
12) Jeffgoldstein2

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think I'm picking up ehoh Thursday, how long is the wait list for your fine parts? Thx

After run #14, there's 14 people left on the list, so run #15 is tentatively full, but that can change if some ahead disappear or opt out. Would be run #16 at the latest for someone getting on the list in the short term.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is there an estimate of time? Looks like your quite busy!! Happy to fill a spot if someone backs out, I'm sure you already have a long list for that tho,

I generally attempt to get Elvira runs shipped two weeks after finalizing a list, but I'm also stretched pretty thin with a giant TMNT interest list and regular RZ/ACNC orders (have also been meaning to get to running GB/BSD lists that I put on hold since February or so to focus on Elvira production), so it's been hard to keep to the desired cadence here, and hard to pinpoint exact estimates (I've failed at estimates many times this year, and my mods do take a lot of time per mod, so at this point I'm just shipping as soon as I can, and fortunately most have been understanding).

For now I'll add you to the list and can message when your run is up if you want in at that time.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Just read the last post. Can you put me on a list? Thanks!!

I appreciate your interest

Got you added. I'm currently in the midst of run #14, and run #15 is tentatively filled, so it may be run #16 for those that get on the list now, unless enough for run #15 back out.

Will PM you when parts are starting to be built for the run you make it into.

1 week later
#331 3 years ago
Quoted from Michael-Dutch:

Hi, Are you shipping to Australia and how long to you envisage for the next run to be available?

You've been added to the list, and PM sent. Until I have a significant issue, I ship anywhere.

Quoted from M1Cha3l:

I want to start off by saying Medisinyl you have the coolest and most polished mods coming out right now and I am so glad I found you. I am hoping whatever game you do next I am not late to the party and I can get on the list.
with that being said I would be interested in a full set of these mods and realized I am not getting on this list so if any Pinsider has a set and no longer has the machine or no longer wants their set.
I have cash in hand and ready to buy.
Thanks.

I appreciate the positive feedback and interest.

I'll add you to the list for now in case someone doesn't come through for you. You'd likely be in run #16, so if you're still interested at that time, I can get you in and hold off payment until that time comes.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Please put me on the list. VUK, casket and grass.
Thanks

Quoted from TTARider:

Put me on the list for a full set

You guys did indeed get on the list when you posted. For others, the Elvira list is still getting made in physical form as interest comes in, so PMs are fine (just the TMNT list is thread posts only right now).

Quoted from TheRudyB:

Unless I missed an announcement from Medisinyl saying that he’s not going to make these EHoH mods anymore, you are NOT late to the party. Like anything in high demand, there’s going to be a line. My totally unsolicited, humble advice:
1. Grab that spot on the list.
2. Spring the extra $20 for whatever customization YOU want on YOURS.
3. Take the time between now and when Medisinyl informs you that your run is now on deck to REALLY think about exactly what you want yours to be. Do NOT make a snap judgment. Browse the photos here to see what others did.
Outcomes:
- You’ll find the time goes by faster than you think it will.
- You’ll find the wait was totally worth it.
- You’ll be infinitely happier every time you see your customized Medisinyl mod on your game.
Again just my 2¢.

Thanks a ton for your kind words on these. Means a lot to know my work is appreciated and being enjoyed

‐-------------------------------------------------------

Looking to have run #14 shipped out Friday or Saturday.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

I think I'm on run #14 if my check got to you in time. I will be checking my mailbox every day. Thanks for all your fine work.
Don't have a Turtles but I'll tell several friends to check out your mods for the game.

Your mods are indeed in run #14 (got the check, but have yet to cash it [I trust it, so there won't be a delay]). Will be working through the night again on these to hopefully ship out today as intended (on the vampire schedule again).

Painted custom pics up soon.

For now, here's a couple teasers of my favorite customs from this run. As usual, customers just gave me the bare text, so hopefully they like the creative liberties taken with them

NOTE: I've put my Pinside shop on vacation mode, and while I still have a chunk of RZ/ACNC orders to get to, I'm trying not to accept any more of those until Nov. so I can focus 100% on Elvira and TMNT once through the remaining outside orders.

run14 (resized).jpgrun14 (resized).jpg

#338 3 years ago

Still plugging away. Just need to finish the grass on the caskets and Gonk houses before clear.

Customs where they're at right now pictured below (also a custom Gonk house not pictured here).

USPS closes at 4, so I'll have to get these out Monday.

On a positive note, I've got about half of the non-custom parts printed for run #15, so a bit of a head start (still will need to get back to TMNT and others between runs), and I'll start sending out messages tomorrow for the run #15 list.

20200912_150358 (resized).jpg20200912_150358 (resized).jpg

#339 3 years ago

Starting to put run #15 together and will add here as payments come in (about 14 messages went out). Tracking for run #14 will be sent out later today.

Run #15:

1) dergroover
2) slapfighter
3) sulli10
4) Jakeroons9
5) Asael
6) thehobbyman
7) dudah
8 ) djh00000
9) Darkfader
10) FalconDriver

Note: New order interest is currently filling for run #17.

Added over 4 years ago:

11) Dexter

Added over 4 years ago:

12) Mr_G_Hosting
13) Pending
14) Pending

#342 3 years ago

Tracking numbers are currently being sent out.

Took a pic with the lids on before boxing (as usual, coloring looks nicer in person):

20200914_161728 (resized).jpg20200914_161728 (resized).jpg
#344 3 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

My gargoyle and casket arrived in the mail today. I had no problem with the casket but the gargoyle just didn't fit. I finally got it on by removing all 3 screws that hold the ramp in place installed the gargoyle and then replacing the screws. It looks like the gargoyle sits correctly with only a small gap on the right side. The problem is when balls are ejected from the scoop about half of the balls hit one half to one inch above the 36 24 36 targets. Anyone else have this problem? I had no problem before the mod was installed. I do love these mods. Any solutions?

With over 170 gargoyles shipped now, this is the first I've heard of one not fitting, but the 2nd note of a perceived affect on launch (never heard back if they got it sorted). The gargoyle shouldn't be able to affect the ball launch.

Do you happen to have plastic protectors in your game on that side? If so, that would cause a few issues with the gargoyle fitment and height.

I would also check for any stray filament in the mounting hole. In prep stages, I carve the material out with an exacto knife where the support material is, so if one got through without being fully cleared, I imagine a potential issue could arise.

If you send me a photo, perhaps I could discern what may be different about the fitment in your game.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Hi Greg, just wanted to thank you and let you know that the mods came in. I put them on in just a couple of minutes and they look great! Outstanding job, thank you.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the photo! I always love seeing the customs in their new home

#349 3 years ago

Should be the final Run #15 list:

1) dergroover
2) slapfighter
3) sulli10
4) Jakeroons9
5) Asael
6) thehobbyman
7) dudah
8 ) djh00000
9) Darkfader
10) FalconDriver
11) Dexter
12) Mr_G_Hosting
13) DerezzedKnight

Quoted from fingersport:

Greg, I don't thing the fit problem was in your mod. I think my ramp was somehow mounted to low. When I removed the ramp mounting screws and pushed the ramp up maybe a 1/10 of a inch the gargoyle attached fine and I had no trouble reattaching the ramp. So that problem is solved. I only mention it with regards to the ball ejecting so high up the playfield. I wondered if anyone has had this problem with or without the mod installed. Possibly my scoop needs adjustment. I'll work on it tomorrow. Like I said above. I love these two mods. I only like mods that make a game more attractive. Like uncle Fester in the electric chair on Addams Family. Keep'em coming. Thanks again. Don.

Many (most?) people have had launch issues without the mod, and those posts can be found in the main Elvira club thread (several fix suggestions can be found there as well [one I mentioned in that thread fixed my friend's game in that regard--Pinguy's solution]).

Added over 4 years ago:

14) drypaint

Added over 4 years ago:

9) *Darkfader Removed*

#351 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Mech Gargoyle/Casket set - $145.
Am I on Run 16 or 17? Thanks!!

You'll make #16 for sure (you were only a few off from #15).

New interest is filling run #17 currently (I accept PMs for Elvira interest, but anyone that posts here gets noted down as well).

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

medisinyl would you happen to have the dimensions of the flaps inside the mausoleum that cause doors to lift when ball goes thru? was gonna print some stickers at work(shhh don't tell anyone ) but forgot to open cabinet and measure

About 22mm x 28mm

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I think it turned out well. Silly but I love the light hearted cheesy humor of this table

Ha! I love it Thank you for the video of it in action.

I'm sure you've really got to be looking for it at full speed, but nice to have that easter "egghead" in there

1 week later
#360 3 years ago

Just to give a quick update here:

I'm shipping the last of the first TMNT batch out tomorrow, then have a RZ set to finish. Will get back on run #15 soon after.

1 week later
#362 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I have a buddy that wants the same thing I want. can you add another set to my order? Thanks!

PM sent.

Run #15 will ship sometime during this coming week.

1 week later
#365 3 years ago

Looking like Monday will be ship day on the current run. Should have a pic up late tomorrow.

Quoted from drfrightner:

You did an amazing job one of my favorite mods of all time... now lets stop celebrating the awesome job you did and get onto another one!!! HINT HINT!
I think there is tons more opportunities here. How about gargoyle 3D bat flippers, something to cover this trunk, or gate entrance to the ramps.
Let me know about your next mod!

Thank you for the positive feedback! Not sure if I'll ever top the response the Elvira set has had, so I'm hoping they at least get in the running for a TWIPY this year--would be awesome

Otherwise, lots of mod ideas are in the pipeline, and there's a chance Elvira could see another mod or two at some point (ramp entrances are a possibility, and while flipper mods haven't been my thing, it's something I could consider, but I do think the Scared Stiff flipper bats are a good option here). Have to get through more of my backlogs before taking on another wave though (TMNT list is huge).

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Glad to hear run #15 is shipping. I am on run #17. It will be a looooongggggg wait.

Hopefully not too far off, but as older positions on waitlists have been piling up, Elvira is now getting blended into the mix rather than being the priority it had been.

Have also been sick the last couple weeks unfortunately, which hasn't helped progress lately (not covid [was tested last week]).

#369 3 years ago

Still painting these at the moment, but for now, here's a teaser of one I chose to do custom lids for:

ssih (resized).jpgssih (resized).jpg
#370 3 years ago

Gargoyles and lids are completed. Gonk houses and caskets just need grass paint before clear/assembly.

Also made progress on the RZ, BSD, and TMNT orders that are combined in this run.

Orders with TMNT mods will ship out later this week once the batch is finished (over 20 sets in the works).

Anything else will ship out tomorrow as I won't make the 6pm cut off today.

20201019_163356 (resized).jpg20201019_163356 (resized).jpg20201019_163419 (resized).jpg20201019_163419 (resized).jpg
#371 3 years ago

Tracking will be sent out within the hour on all domestic orders without RZ or TMNT mods.

International orders are boxed up and ready, but whatever system is involved with international orders for USPS was down today, so they'll go out tomorrow.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Nice!!! Hope you start run #16 soon

Will send out messages for run #16 this weekend. Have most of the non-custom parts printed for run #16, but not cleaned and prepped for paint yet.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

Hi there, I've just joined Pinside but seem unable to message the seller.
I'd be very interested in purchasing these mods please.
Thanks
Kris

I appreciate your interest, and I'll add you to the list.

Not sure why you can't message, but I'll message you when I get to your run.

It may be run #18 that is currently filling (unless some ahead drop out). Starting on run #16 soon, and will update here as I get through the runs.

#381 3 years ago

Will send out run #16 messages either tomorrow or late tonight.

#385 3 years ago

Run #16 is currently being compiled and I'll update this post as payments come in. New interest is currently filling for run #18, but may still make run #17 if enough back out that are ahead.

Run #16 thus far:

1) Jobowens
2) Hayfarmer
3, 4, 5) tk375 (3 sets - pending)
6) DakotaMike (pending)
7) brickbuilder14
8) muymanwell
9) TTARider (pending)
10) whoknowsgoi

Added over 3 years ago:

1) Jobowens
2) Hayfarmer
6) DakotaMike (pending)
7) brickbuilder14
8) muymanwell
9) TTARider
10) whoknowsgoi
11) M1Cha3l (pending

Added over 3 years ago:

1) Jobowens
2) Hayfarmer
6) DakotaMike (pending)
7) brickbuilder14
8) muymanwell
9) TTARider
10) whoknowsgoi
11) M1Cha3l

1 week later
#387 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Can I get on the list for-
2-piece grass set for the front flashers - $39
Gonk's Dog House (with grass flasher piece) - $65
Mech Gargoyle/Casket set - $145.

Noted. PM sent

-----------------

Should have run #16 finalized any day now (had several disappear without letting me know).

EDIT: Should now be final. 13 set run.

Run #16:

1) Jobowens
2) Hayfarmer
3, 4, 5) tk375
6) DakotaMike
7) brickbuilder14
8) muymanwell
9) TTARider
10) whoknowsgoi
11) M1Cha3l
12, 13) Myles32 (pending)

Added over 3 years ago:

Final list:

1) Jobowens
2) Hayfarmer
3, 4, 5) tk375
6) DakotaMike
7) brickbuilder14
8) muymanwell
9) TTARider
10) whoknowsgoi
11) M1Cha3l
12, 13) Myles32

1 week later
#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Finally, one of the hottest mod stuffs out there in pinball history arrived in good old Germany.
Thank you, Greg.......[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome Thank you for the pics!

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks great! Mine are on batch being made now. Can't wait

Should be shipped at the end of this week

#407 3 years ago

Looking more like Monday for shipping these out (been an odd week personally, and 50% [2] of my machines failed beyond normal repair [parts just arrived to repair the first--though parts for this run have been complete, so no issue there]).

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wolfman looking away from Elvira's cleavage...hmm...suspicious.

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hey Medisinyl, how bout some pics to get us more excited?

Should have some real pics up tomorrow night.

Saw your post when away from home, and forgot to mock up these preview CAD shots for your request

As usual, I opted for the images used, and hope those that requested the lettering find them suitable

Seemed to be a theme to these ones.

16prev (resized).jpg16prev (resized).jpg

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I have a set of the casket mod and the gargoyle to sell. I bought right before I traded my machine. PM me if interested. Casket has Wolfy 2020 printed on it.

Feel free to add a photo here. Likely harder to find someone wanting such a customized name, but with the teeth and the ability to think of "wolfy" as being short for wolfman, I could see someone "biting" at it (particularly considering the long wait at the back end--current interest is now into run #19).

GLWTS

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Still toying with the placement, but I think they fit nicely! Now if I could just figure out which group I’m in for the mods...
[quoted image]

You're next in line, so run #17 for sure.

#419 3 years ago

Unique customs from this run.

Will get tracking numbers sent out later tonight (EDIT: sent).

20201123_161422 (resized).jpg20201123_161422 (resized).jpg

20201123_201753 (resized).jpg20201123_201753 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#423 3 years ago

Still tied up with other mods, but will send out messages for run #17 by tomorrow at the latest.

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine were lost in the fabulous usps system, just now left Florida. Hope they find their way here this time, goin crazy waitin!!

Ah darn. Hope they show up soon.

Otherwise, sending run #17 messages out soon (living on vampire hours again :p ).

#426 3 years ago

Run #17 so far (will update as payments come in, and continue down the list if any back out).

1) JFox (FB)
2) Shane75 (+T)
3) mtg381
4) TommyGavin
5) KrisGonzo
6) Charger68
7) whiteyjfm
8 ) DesTheopta
9) stf_dnx
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)

Added over 3 years ago:

10) WillieAmbrose

Added over 3 years ago:

11) mgbrsfl

Added over 3 years ago:

12) PhantomHacker

#428 3 years ago

Copying my post from the main Elvira thread, asking for consideration on these mods for the TWIPY nomination when pre-voting. Fingers crossed (would be my first nomination if I make it into the running).

---------------------------------------------

"It's been crazy to see the support these have received this year, and it's all been very appreciated. Far beyond any expectation I could have had.

While I don't expect to win the TWIPY, getting nominated to be in the running for mod of the year would still mean a lot.

TWIPY has just opened pre-voting, and I'd be grateful to anyone that believes these mods are worthy of that title and take the time to vote for them (I personally wrote in "Medisinyl Mods - Elvira casket/gargoyle set"): https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twipy-2020-pre-voting/

Thanks again to everyone for the support!"

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

After bein lost in our fabulous usps system , they finally arrived. Great work, I've done the early vote on the twipys. Great mods. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the flap additions, haha

Thank you for the photos and TWIPY vote!

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Okay. Late to the party. Want to get my name in for these mods pronto. How do I pay you, Medisinyl? Also like to grab some Cooper and Zombie stuff too

PM sent.

As noted in the PM, I've again put the shop on vacation mode due to too many orders, so RZ and ACNC mods can't be ordered that way at the moment, but I can get them on your Elvira order when the time comes.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from Breeze:

Just cast my vote for Mod of the year!, I really believe it is the best of the year no question! Hopefully you win!!!! you should be proud!
Can’t wait for a run 18

Thank you!!!

While I don't know if it's the best, I'm hoping physical/mechanical ball interaction and the custom CAD/engraving help give it a boost for consideration (possibly mod firsts for both?).

#435 3 years ago

Already in the midst of this run, but here's the final run #17 list (had one that needed more time to pay):

1) JFox (FB)
2) Shane75 (+T)
3) mtg381
4) TommyGavin
5) KrisGonzo
6) Charger68
7) whiteyjfm
8 ) DesTheopta
9) stf_dnx
10) WillieAmbrose
11)mgbrsfl
12)PhantomHacker
13)Louwie

New interest is currently for run #20, but may make #19 if some ahead back out.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Nice, can't wait to get mine. Any idea more or less when run 17 will ship?

Hopefully this week if possible (painting up 16 gargoyle sections at the moment). Just finished some of the RZ orders that had been waiting a much longer time and these are next in line to finish up.

Will have to get back on TMNT and the rest of the ACNC/RZ orders (and some BSD) between run #17 and #18.

1 week later
#440 3 years ago
Quoted from Louwie:

Looking towards my Christmass presents or after newyear presents

I'm back home and looking to get run #17 out Sat. -- Monday at the latest.

Will send out messages for run #18 about two weeks after that time to focus on other mods that are backlogged.

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Welcome back Just making sure I don’t miss out on the last of your Zombie and Alice Cooper runs in addition to the Elvira HOH stuff. Whatever you have available, I want it please

I've kept your request in mind, and all aside from the spine mod that was discontinued last year will be available to you with your order (otherwise, many of those mods will be getting discontinued soon).

#444 3 years ago

Woke up to see that these made the TWIPY ballot for mod of the year

Thanks again for the support that helped these make the list, and if you believe they merit a place in the top three, it would be awesome to get your vote Thank you!

https://twipys.com/

f48b0f57d46786e63bd8cefc96b18033.giff48b0f57d46786e63bd8cefc96b18033.gif
#449 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Can't wait to get the mods. Wife end up in Hospital on Tuesday with covid and is will make her day when she get home and see the mods. It is after all her pin and it was supposed to be het Christmas gift. If that does not cheer her up, nothing will........

Looking like tomorrow may be the ship date if I can't get these out today. Wound up more involved in holidays than expected.

I'll continue to make unique custom caskets up through run #21, then will discontinue unique customs after that run.

I'll still offer a few of the popular custom caskets as a an option at $10 going forward. I may also still offer to create the numbered LE caskets with the common format at $20 if desired.

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT: As there was some confusion, I'm editing to clarify that the Elvira mods will still be offered after run #21.

The only thing being discontinued is the unique custom casket option for now.

These should be available for at least another year.

#452 3 years ago
Quoted from Derfone:

Hello, Thank you for these achievements, it would be possible to be added to the list
Sent a PM.

I don't have a PM from you, but I've added you to the list. You should be in run #21 at the latest, and I'll message back when your run is about to be built.

Thank you!

- Greg

#454 3 years ago

Should have some custom pics and messages/tracking out later tonight.

And as there's been some confusion, the Elvira mods in general aren't on a last call--only the unique custom casket option is being discontinued after run #21.

The pop bumpers will also be discontinued at that time (though they're rarely ordered anyway).

#455 3 years ago

And run #17 is finally complete. Here's a pic of the customs from this run (also a dog house not pictured). Was going to get them out to a kiosk drop off, but will get them on the way in the afternoon (my completion/shipping estimates have been terrible :/ ).
20210106_011134 (resized).jpg20210106_011134 (resized).jpg

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from Cosplay:

Is it to late to get on the list?

No, but new interest is currently filling for run #21, which will be a fair wait amongst all the different mods that have backlogs.

I'll be sending out messages to compile run #18 in about two weeks.

#462 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Got my mods today. Thanks a lot they look perfect. Wife got home from the hospital on Saturday and she is over the moon with the mods. Made her feel like she was not even sick. Thanks again for the great work.

I appreciate the positive feedback, and I'm glad you're enjoying the mods. I'll be wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Thanks again for your support.

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Put a deposit in for an EHOH definitely interested in the interactive casket and gargoyle. No rush gonna be a while thinking of a cool custom maybe
Ps went to UF so had a short stint in your neck of the woods !

I appreciate your interest, and I've added you to the list. You should make it into run #21, but I'm likely close to that cut-off. Run #21 will be the last run to offer unique custom caskets.

2 weeks later
#466 3 years ago

Messages for run #18 will be going out today.

Aiming to fill 14 sets for this run, and I'll update this post as payments come in.

1)jakethesnake181
2)jimsheffield
3) Chrono86
4) mandelbloom (T)
5) SCJoe
6) BigPinDaddy
7) BackFlipper
8 ) jints56
9) mfresh
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)

Added over 3 years ago:

10) KLR2014

Added over 3 years ago:

11) Larkin90

Added over 3 years ago:

12) Yesh23 (T)

Added over 3 years ago:

13) Nysbadmk8

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Just wanted to confirm that stiffton deadhead (non mech or mech) is the std coffin cover.
If so, I’d like to get on the preorder list for the gargoyle /coffin cover preorder list.

Yes, the Stiffton casket is standard, and I'll add you to the list. Getting hard to gauge with the long list, but you should be in run #22.

---------

Messages will go out for run #18 within the hour.

1 week later
#472 3 years ago
Quoted from keys88:

Hi
Can I still get in for a custom mech casket and gargoyle set?

You're already on my list, and unique customs will end at run #21, but the Elvira Mistress of the Dark casket with the eyes (latest version) was the most popular and will remain an option afterward (possibly offer some other existing customs as well as a premium request).

Eventually once the existing interest has been gone through, I'll want to be able to make mods to have on hand, and lots of custom options would make that impossible.

Finally considering hiring some help as early as this week, so hopefully I can accelerate my output soon.

---

Otherwise, still waiting to hear back on the last spot for run #18 (a few people disappeared without noting they were backing out, and I'm continuing down the list one by one). EDIT: Sounds like it's filled.

#473 3 years ago

Final run #18 list:

1)jakethesnake181
2)jimsheffield
3) Chrono86
4) mandelbloom (T)
5) SCJoe
6) BigPinDaddy
7) BackFlipper
8 ) jints56
9) mfresh
10) KLR2014
11) Larkin90
12) Yesh23 (T)
13) Nysbadmk8
14) wesh

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from FrisseFrasse:

I have this mod on a game I bought but I wonder does the gargoyle make the VUK more inconsistant? Or is the VUK so inconsistant anyway sometimes the ball does not even hit one of the 3 targets, I do not really understand the purpose of the actionbutton as it is not possible to aim anyway?

The VUK from the factory is indeed inconsistent and many potential fixes are mentioned in the Elvira club thread (my friend's game also needed one of these fixes to be consistent).

There have been a couple mentions of the gargoyle seeming to cause an issue, but it sounds like it should be resolved if the VUK is properly aligned (hopefully Stern fixed this issue on the later games, but I'm not certain).

Quoted from Mando:

Getting excited hopefully run 18 is soon ! You got sure need some help !

Should be shipped within two weeks. Training a local artist friend today that should be able to match my paint work and help get mods out quicker and allow me to develop new mods more regularly.

1 week later
#478 3 years ago

Finishing up some other mods that have priority currently, but have nearly everything assembled and prepped to paint for run #18 and aiming to ship by Thursday 2/25 if not sooner.

1 week later
#481 3 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Hi!
I just a deposit in for an EHOH and am definitely interested in the interactive casket and gargoyle. How do I go about paying you?
Thanks in advance. This thing looks amazing!
JC

I appreciate your interest, and will add you to the list (perhaps run #23), and I'll message you when your run is closer to being built.

Quoted from TonyVrd:

Are you still taking new orders for the EHOH mods?

Yes, a PM to me is the best way to get on the list, but it's a long wait at the back end currently. I'll not you down now as well.

#483 3 years ago

Run #18 is complete and will ship today (2/25). Tracking numbers will be sent out by tonight.

#484 3 years ago

Not much inspiring text for neat unique customs this time around (few repeats as well), but here's the customs that were in run #18:

20210225_172645 (resized).jpg20210225_172645 (resized).jpg20210225_172726 (resized).jpg20210225_172726 (resized).jpg
#486 3 years ago

I'll send out messages for run #19 by Tuesday night. Once that run list is finalized, they should be shipped within a week afterward (production rate is increasing with the recently hired help).

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from Antron77:

Just bought a EHOH on Sunday that has the Gargoyle and casket mod. Not sure if it has been mentioned but what is the story around the default casket inscription? Stifferton Deadhead 1969-2019

"Stiffton" was a bit of a throw to Scared Stiff--in that game, the Stiff in the coffin has a top hat, which I see as a "high society" accessory. The "ton" suffix is often associated with high society (old Britain) and wealthy characters (Thurston Howell for example). DeadHead is obvious I imagine

Quoted from Mando:

Got mine yesterday, very quality work !

I'm glad you're enjoying the mods, and I appreciate the positive feedback. Thank you!

Quoted from jints56:

Received and installed! Love it!!
[quoted image]

Awesome. Thank you. I appreciate the pic (though if anyone is curious, the casket paint is much more detailed in person [looking mono-tone in the pic lighting]).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Messages for run #19 will be going out within the next couple hours.

#492 3 years ago

Messages have been sent for run #19. I'll update as payments come in, and continue down the wait-list if anyone backs out or disappears.

Run #19 list:

1) Oilrat
2) sirlonzelot
3) Eagle14
4) aaron6920
5) BallyKISS1978
6) Completist
7) Enchantress
8 )
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)

Added over 3 years ago:

theadicts77

Added over 3 years ago:

9) Breeze

Added over 3 years ago:

10) Nickvin8
11) TheCreature (pending)

Added over 3 years ago:

12) GamerRick

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

What run am I in on? Am I on your list? I want in I thought I had gotten on it?

You were estimated to be in run #23, and are indeed on the list. Those in run #19 got on the list as early as mid-late November.

Fortunately runs are progressing faster currently and shouldn't be as long of a wait.

1 week later
#500 3 years ago

Planning to ship run #19 out on Tuesday 3/16.

Had a few people disappear in communication, but moving forward with what I have. May try to start my run #20 list with more time ahead to avoid the unnecessary gap (some runs are more of a challenge to get 12-14 people to respond in a timely fashion and finalize custom choices [caskets all get painted at one time, so I have to wait until everything is decided, customs made, etc.]).

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

Are we still able to put our name in for a Gonk, and Mech Gargoyle/Casket set?

Yes, I'll add you to the list and send you a PM when I get to your run. May be run #23 or #24.
Shipping run #19 today.

#509 3 years ago

Customs from run #19.

Unusual interest for the Scared Stiff casket this time around. As noted when I first made the casket, the web lids will remain a one-off, but for one of them, "in here" was removed for the webbing element.

Custom Gonk houses are a bit more colorful this time around (all colors I opted to do, so hopefully the recipients like them). EATPM letters are colored to match the words from Elvira and the Party Monsters. GIZMO colored to match the Mogwai, and THOR to be sky/clouds/lightning (similar to the Whirlwind color scheme).

20210316_141155 (resized).jpg20210316_141155 (resized).jpg20210316_141401 (resized).jpg20210316_141401 (resized).jpg

#511 3 years ago

Run #19 has shipped (will send tracking by tonight). Will ship orders that had ACNC/RZ mods over the next couple days.

Will start run #20 messages by this weekend.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from Oilrat:

I received my mods yesterday and installed them this morning. Greg you have knocked these out of the park. The detail on these are incredible. These were super easy to install and make the look and gameplay of the machine even better. Thanks again for the super fast shipping and keep all these Awsome mods coming our way. Thanks again. For all those pinheads who have these coming your way you all will be extremely happy with these.

Thank you for the stellar review! I'm happy to know the mods have met expectations and are enhancing your gameplay experience

It can be a bit of a grind to make so many of the same mods (would like to be able to offer more new development for other games), but I'm very appreciative of the continued demand, and the positive feedback from each run keeps me knowing I'm doing some good for the community here.

-------------------------

I should have run #20 messages sent out by tomorrow night.

This weekend is dedicated to AMH progress (about 25-30% complete). The success of the Elvira mods is allowing me to risk more time and expense in developing for this set, and I hope others agree with the vision once complete. Aiming for a late April reveal if possible.

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from Cosplay:

Hi can I still get in on getting these mods

Yes. New interest is likely filling for run #24, and I'll add you to the list and message back when I'm about to build your run.

Generally PMs are the way to get on the Elvira list.

Thank you.

#519 3 years ago

Messages have been sent out for run #20. I'll update here as spots are confirmed/paid.

Run #20

1) RobertWinter
2) JM149
3) Jecco74
4) Wzpin
5) wtatumjr
6) bigdaddy07
7) EaglePin
8 ) Wes62
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)

Added over 3 years ago:

9) RPZ

Added over 3 years ago:

10) Tris

Pending (LaButcher, Jordan2432, Nato01).

Added over 3 years ago:

Pending also (Drew13 and Derfone).

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

I sent a PM as well

Will get back to everyone soon. Living on vampire hours and just now waking up

Been working on AMH every day/night until I collapse since Friday night (first game I'm using a motor on, and first to get real wood filament that gets stained). Not sure if anyone with an AMH knows they're in the works, but I tend to hide such teasers in my existing threads before an actual reveal. Will have 100s of hours into the full set once complete.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Got the parts today. Wow they looks really well done. Fits so good to the game. Thanks for the great job
But I have a problem with the Vuk after installing. It’s not hitting the targets anymore. The ball is distracted to the right (outlane). When I remount the mod it hits the targets again. I made a slow motion video and it seems that it hit the left tooth and that’s the reason why it’s distracted.
There’s not much adjustment to made. Any idea how to solve this problem ?
Thanks in advance

Out of about 250 gargoyle mods shipped now, only a few have reported an issue with the VUK trajectory. The ball shouldn't touch the mod at all. I'm not quite sure what is making this difference for a few and not the majority.

Do you happen to have plastic protectors on your game that would raise the gargoyle higher than what I designed around?

Otherwise, heat makes the PLA moldable if necessary (if only a small adjustment is necessary) and could be touched up afterward if any paint is harmed.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

sorry no. I try without the rubber (post) and try several vuk coil settings but all the same if you like I can Upload the slowmotion video
[quoted image]

Looks to be taken from a similar (less favorable to see the top of the VUK) angle as my first post photo, and if so, appears as though the top of your VUK may be lower than the machine I designed with. Could be an illusion, but it would make sense as to why yours is having an issue if so. If it's obscured in my photo, it shouldn't be nearly fully visible in yours.

20210325_163402 (resized).jpg20210325_163402 (resized).jpg

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Great point. I bend it up and now it works. I make before and after picture. Hope that helps anyone with the same problem
Thank you ![quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent news and great photos. Thank you!

#531 3 years ago

Close to finalizing my run #20 list, and final reminders have been sent out.

Run #20

1) RobertWinter
2) JM149
3) Jecco74
4) Wzpin
5) wtatumjr
6) bigdaddy07
7) EaglePin
8 ) Wes62
9) RPZ
10) Tris
11) Drew13
12) LaButcher (pending)
13) Jordan2432
14) Nato01 (pending)
15) Derfone

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from idefixx:

Hello, is it able to send it to Austria it would be really very nice..
Thanks a lot.
idefixx

Yes, I ship international and will add you to the list. I appreciate your interest.

New interest is tentatively filling for run #24.

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Close to finalizing my run #20 list, and final reminders have been sent out.
Run #20
1) RobertWinter
2) JM149
3) Jecco74
4) Wzpin
5) wtatumjr
6) bigdaddy07
7) EaglePin
8 ) Wes62
9) RPZ
10) Tris
11) Drew13
12) LaButcher (pending)
13) Jordan2432
14) Nato01 (pending)
15) Derfone

Going to move forward with run #20 later today (anyone still pending can get into #21 if still interested).

#536 3 years ago

Aiming to ship run #20 out by this Friday.

#539 3 years ago

An imposter in this run . Just a one time thing.

Hopefully the recipient will offer a photo once installed.

20210402_150857 (resized).jpg20210402_150857 (resized).jpg
#540 3 years ago

...and a couple others unique for this run (custom repeats have been more regular as many like the most recent Scared Stiff casket and Elvira Mistress of the Dark with the eyes).

20210402_152253 (resized).jpg20210402_152253 (resized).jpg
#542 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Got around to installing my mods today. Everything fits and looks great. Almost like he’s done this before...
I asked for Thor (my dog’s name) on Gonk’s house. I really appreciate the creative license used here - the blue with the lightning bolts was really clever and i wasn’t expecting that. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for the photos

I like how the coloring of the THOR letters compliments the ramp and playfield (wasn't even thinking of that )

#543 3 years ago

Run #20 did ship earlier. Been away from home since, but will send tracking numbers out later tonight or tomorrow.

1 week later
#544 3 years ago

Good progress has been made on run #21 during the outage (still need to know customs and such to get further). I'll send out messages by Tuesday night (hopefully tomorrow) and get everything finished as soon as possible.

As previously announced, run #21 will be the last run to offer unique custom caskets (previous custom caskets can be chosen as an upgrade while I'm still making these runs--beyond that, options will become more limited).

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Here it is.[quoted image]

Thank you for the photo!

Neat to see something different after making so many purple ones.

#548 3 years ago

Run #21 messages will go out later today/tonight. EDIT: Messages have been sent, and I'll continue down the list if any back out.

Quoted from RPZ:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Super worth the wait. Few minutes install! Thanks mate!

Awesome Enjoy the mods!

#549 3 years ago

Confirmed for run #21 thus far (I'll add to this post as orders are paid):

1) smarti
2) keys88
3) GranpaDave
4) fargen
5) Izzy24
6) mighteagle
7) Drac
8) n2vsw
9)
10)
11)
12)

Added over 3 years ago:

9) Sixxin

Added over 3 years ago:

10) jcssupplies

Added over 3 years ago:

11) N. Du (FB)

#551 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

money ready! Any idea where i am?

You were quoted for run #23 or #24. Some that were quoted for #22 will make it into run #21.

Will continue down my list as others back out.

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Aiming to ship run #21 on Friday.

Looking like Sat. is more likely for shipping. Monday at the latest.

Had a couple set backs with failed customs during prep stages but all good this time around. Hoping to be finished with paint tomorrow if possible.

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm going to order a second set. I foolishly sold my EHOH, and when I inevitably get another one, I want to make sure that I don't have to stress about getting a set of these again.
Also, I was wondering Greg, does the painting/drybrushing of the pieces ever get old? I do miniature painting as another hobby, and painting the rank-and-file figures with the same color-scheme over and over can be tiresome. Although, good tunes or a podcast do help with the monotony.

Before the Elvira boom, it wasn't so bad as new mod development happened at a satisfying rate (I always feel the need to be creating in some way, and of course want to bring new options to the hobby).

With years of ideas backed up, and new games coming out, it is indeed a bit of a monotonous grind to have to finish existing orders before releasing new mods (or even have the time to develop), but clearly everyone is very appreciative and enjoying the mods, so I still feel like I'm making a positive impact.

TMNT proved it was a mistake to release those amidst other long backlogs, but it was a theme I really wanted to tackle (created less than 50% of my ideas there).

I used to play Warhammer 40k in the mid 90s, and painting the figures was perhaps my favorite part

Hired help has been a bit more hit or miss on availability the last couple weeks, but has undoubtedly helped speed up the process overall, and the days I have someone helping out makes it easier to focus.

#559 2 years ago

While there will be one final unique custom due to a late decision on a a paid run #21 order, here's what's otherwise the final unique customs for these mods.

Most previous customs will still be an upgrade option while I'm still making these consecutive runs, but once caught up, the custom option will likely be limited to the two most popular ones, which is the Scared Stiff casket with webbing/spider, and the Elvira Mistress of the Dark casket with the eyes.
20210426_152236 (resized).jpg20210426_152236 (resized).jpg

#560 2 years ago

Run #21 did ship out today. Tracking numbers will be sent out by tomorrow morning (EDIT: sent).

I should have run #22 messages sent out Thursday or so.

#561 2 years ago

Messages have been shipping out for run #22. Should ship within 2 weeks (often seems to take a week to get a full list finalized, but can ship sooner than 2 weeks if everyone finalizes payment and options quickly).

I'll updates this list as payment come in:

1) Cosplay
2) marspinball
3) jake35
4) dapperdan24
5) 6T9Judge
6)
7)
8 )
9)
10)
11)
12)

Added over 3 years ago:

6) Utesichiban

Added over 3 years ago:

7) ultimategameroom

Added over 3 years ago:

8 ) Rocket69 (x2)
9) Cooked71

Added over 3 years ago:

10) JosiahCox

Added over 3 years ago:

11) Cheeks

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think you need back ups now!

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I would be more than happy to jump from group 23 to group 22!

I appreciate the enthusiasm

You're next on the list, GotFrogs. You'll both make it into run #23 (wc on the tail end).

#22 already has 12 paid sets, and the caskets/gargoyles are going into paint stages tomorrow.

There are two others from the initial message batch that I'll expand to if I get a confirmation within the next few hours (need time to print, assemble, and prep for paint by tomorrow). Since hiring help, I need to keep more to a schedule, but anyone that misses the cutoff can be placed in the next run.

#566 2 years ago

Currently running out to a DMV appointment.

Still hoping to ship today if possible, but may get stuck shipping tomorrow.

For now, here's the caskets from this run before clear (everything else is complete). Don't recall being asked for a blank one before, so it may be a first.

20210507_131400 (resized).jpg20210507_131400 (resized).jpg
#567 2 years ago

Run #22 is complete and will ship out tomorrow.

Already have a chunk of progress on run #23, so it will also ship quickly once spots and options are confirmed. EDIT (as I received a few PMs): I have yet to send messages out for run #23. I just meant Gonk houses have been painted, flasher grass has been painted, gargoyles printed and assembled, and casket/grass bases have been printed and assembled. I'll post a list here once I send out the first message batch. Juggling other mods between runs as well.

New interest is currently positioned for run #25. A PM gets you on the list.

#568 2 years ago

Run #22 got shipped out earlier today. Should have tracking messages sent out by tonight.

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Hopeful that I am still going to land in #23.

Intending to get messages out tonight. You're definitely in.

#571 2 years ago

Messages have been sent for run #23. I'll start posting the list once some spots are confirmed/paid.

New interest is tentatively filling for run #26 (only one spot into it thus far, so may make run #25 if some ahead back out or I make a larger run #24/25).

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I received mine today and they look fantastic. I can't wait to get them in my game. Thank you very much!!

Glad they arrived safely to OZ, and I appreciate the positive feedback

I wonder how many open their mods and immediately flip their fingers through the casket flaps..I can only imagine it's hard to resist, but nobody ever mentions it. Sorry to those that are thinking, "get out of my head."

---------------------

Run #23 thus far:

1) 03whtlighting
2) Mdanielb
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
+?

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I add some lights to it[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. Can the lights be seen when the flaps open? If so, a short video clip/GIF would be neat to see

#579 2 years ago

Run #23 thus far:

1) 03whtlighting
2) Mdanielb
3) Patricesaui
4)wcbrandes
5)HopBeard
6) DVDA
7) GotFrogs
8) BOB-G
9) Rocket82
10) NStone4425 (pending)
11) thommo
12) visualmagic (pending)
13) Hillel (pending)

#580 2 years ago

Aiming to ship run #23 on Thursday, 5/20, and will move forward with confirmed orders on Monday.

Run #23:

1) 03whtlighting
2) Mdanielb
3) Patricesaui
4)wcbrandes
5)HopBeard
6) DVDA
7) GotFrogs
8) BOB-G
9) Rocket82
10) NStone4425
11) thommo
12) visualmagic (pending)
13) Hillel

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT: visualmagic confirmed.

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

You should have my payment. I sent it right away.

Correct, you're listed at #7 The full run will ship at the same time. Thanks again

Quoted from drfrightner:

Why don’t you make the same mod for Walking Dead... when the ball goes thru it lifts up a wooden crate revealing a zombie
That would be a big hit.

Vimtoman did just that, and it's awesome, with a servo controlled zombie/lid: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-crate

Top notch quality mod. There are a few photos of my machine in his thread (several modders represented).

Quoted from KlownHammer:

Sirlonzelot you did a great job there with that! Are there little images that flip up underneath the hatches when they pop up too or was that my eyes playing tricks on me?
My plan was to try and figure out little beady LED red eyes in there somehow or something..but little flip images like that may be even more effective! Howd you get the lights in there? Connected to GI? Great job looks awesome
Wanted to say too; medisinyl.. your 3d printed wood looks great. I think if you ever went for a tiki bar build for this game its got a great texture for it. Your mods are so so sick man. If I were designing a pin Id hire you on the spot for all the 3d crafting hands down. The TMNT mods look incredible.. you totally got the subtle charm of pinball toy sculpting down. Im not even sure how to describe what makes a mod toy really feel authentic.. but I sure know when it doesnt have that simple magic. I could think a few new games in particular that .. well.. lol i wont go into that
I think my fav mod toys directly correspond to themes, colors, proportions, take into consideration the playfield as a whole (and are of course in some way interactive). Absolutely love stuff that obscrures the ball in creative ways too, or allows the ball to pass id out of them without interfering. Its amazing how much a good mod can really add

I appreciate the glowing feedback. It means a lot to see how some of what I've created is perceived.

Sometimes it's just a matter of enjoying putting weeks or months into one project, which I fortunately do Or the innate fear of failing, rather than any special skill on my part (my CAD skills are poor, but my desire to create is strong).

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yes there are deadheads I taking from the screen.
There is one led at the scoop and one Led strip in the casket. First I connected both to the gi. Now I change the led strip to the flasher near the casket, which gives it more effects[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome! Thank you for the photos

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
517 posts in this topic match your search for posts by medisinyl. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods?tu=medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.