IMG_0645 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0639 (resized).jpeg
20231223_110025 (resized).jpg
20231223_111257 (resized).jpg
There are 1,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 34.
#1 4 years ago

Full set (no pops), $369 shipped within the US. More information on this specific run here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/21#post-7810897

B/W Sparkle version is $429 + shipping (no pops). Pics can be found later in the thread/gallery.

20200104_225227 (resized).jpg20200104_225227 (resized).jpg20200104_223555 (resized).jpg20200104_223555 (resized).jpg20200104_225134 (resized).jpg20200104_225134 (resized).jpg20200104_2317262 (resized).jpg20200104_2317262 (resized).jpg20200104_224610 (resized).jpg20200104_224610 (resized).jpg20200104_231707 (resized).jpg20200104_231707 (resized).jpg20200104_231820 (resized).jpg20200104_231820 (resized).jpg20200104_185337 (resized).jpg20200104_185337 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

The casket/gargoyle combo looks very cool!

For the mechanical version I presume the ball hits a plastic post to raise the tops? If so, does this have an impact on ball speed?

#3 4 years ago

Wow the mech crypt and gargoyle look really nice...sending you a PM

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The casket/gargoyle combo looks very cool!
For the mechanical version I presume the ball hits a plastic post to raise the tops? If so, does this have an impact on ball speed?

I appreciate the positive feedback

The casket flaps don't affect ball speed at all, and the first shots in the video were done from a dead release in the ramp. Played with it a bunch and it truly makes that shot more satisfying and flies through without resistance at any speed.

#5 4 years ago

For the custom name/date option, do you recommend a min/max number of letters for the name?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For the custom name/date option, do you recommend a min/max number of letters for the name?

Yes. 7-8 characters max each for the first and last name are what seems to be needed to reliably print. In CAD it looks fine when smaller, but when actually printing, it reveals that some barriers were too small and disappear.

#7 4 years ago

These look great. I’m not loving the pop bumper mods because they just don’t seem to “fit”. They remind me of black and white cookies and not cleavage and don’t go with the house theme.

Thinking the crypt and gargoyle mods are going to be must haves. Maybe the Gonk house too, though I admit I didn’t know the reference until I looked it up.

Nice work!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

These look great. I’m not loving the pop bumper mods because they just don’t seem to “fit”. They remind me of black and white cookies and not cleavage and don’t go with the house theme.
Thinking the crypt and gargoyle mods are going to be must haves. Maybe the Gonk house too, though I admit I didn’t know the reference until I looked it up.
Nice work!

I agree that the cleavage pops are the most out of place, and I never expected them to be a popular option (part of the reason I waited to release everything at once). I do think they are pretty funny and could see some people wanting to change it up every once in awhile.

I believe Lermods plans to make some 3D floater pops, and those could prove to be the better match to the pool area in that space.

And ha. I saw the Elvira movie at a young age, and my mother dressed up as Elvira in the late 80s...turning our pet schnauzer-poodle into Gonk (colored mohawk and all)--this became a permanent look for that dog going forward So I had to incorporate Gonk somehow. Wanted to create the casserole monster, but didn't know how to fit it in (I must have been about 4 or so when I first saw the movie [didn't realize anything sexualized about it back then], and I was always reminded of the casserole monster whenever I saw an earthworm).

#9 4 years ago

These look fantastic. Sending you a pm right now.

#10 4 years ago

Great work pm sent

#11 4 years ago

Looks really good.

#12 4 years ago

WOW covering up that UGLY VUK with a gargoyle completely changes the game. not to mention the satisfying clicks it makes when the ball rolls through the mechanical casket. it looks so good this mod is a definite must have. Gonk's doghouse is an excellent addition as well, any serious fan of Elvira will have to have it.

the ramps were so barren, these mods are exactly what the game needed. thank you.

A+

#13 4 years ago

This might be a strange question, but are the tops of the crypt mod interchangeable? I like the mech version, but wondering if I’ll get tired of/annoyed with the clicking sound. Might want to have both versions but that might be impractical if the tops can’t be swapped out without removing/replacing the entire mod.

#14 4 years ago

If you could make the cleavage pops jiggle, that would be awesome!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This might be a strange question, but are the tops of the crypt mod interchangeable? I like the mech version, but wondering if I’ll get tired of/annoyed with the clicking sound. Might want to have both versions but that might be impractical if the tops can’t be swapped out without removing/replacing the entire mod.

With the glass on, you'll have to focus on it to hear the clicking (basically silent with any audio volume).

Otherwise, the tops aren't interchangeable as they're adhered with super glue and reinforced with hot glue from the inside before painting stages.

#16 4 years ago

Looking forward to these mods! Great job

#17 4 years ago

Medisinyl - awesome work, as always!

#18 4 years ago

Would like to customize my crypt. Originally thought of using a family name and date, but then thought of this:

Threevum
Deadhead
1989-2019

Pays tribute to the trilogy (“three of them”) with release years of EATPM and HOH but might be too subtle or silly. What do you guys think?

#19 4 years ago

Great stuff, Would like to order everything-except -pop bummer and would like the interactive mech
Please send invoice
Ty
Randy

#20 4 years ago

I've ordered the dog house and gargoyle/mech casket and am trying to decide how to customize the casket. I'd like it to be something tongue-in-cheek/double entendre' if possible, similar to some of the Deadheads in SS (Shrunken Head, Good Head...)

Let's hear some ideas!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I've ordered the dog house and gargoyle/mech casket and am trying to decide how to customize the casket. I'd like it to be something tongue-in-cheek/double entendre' if possible, similar to some of the Deadheads in SS (Shrunken Head, Good Head...)
Let's hear some ideas!

That’s the problem I was facing. Should the surname be “Head” or “Deadhead”?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Would like to customize my crypt. Originally thought of using a family name and date, but then thought of this:
Threevum
Deadhead
1989-2019
Pays tribute to the trilogy (“three of them”) with release years of EATPM and HOH but might be too subtle or silly. What do you guys think?

I think it's pretty clever. Definitely the sort of thing that would prompt a question of what it means, then get a smile when informed of how cheesy it is

Elvira is inherently rather slapstick and silly, so it wouldn't be out of place.

Have a few LE owner's going with:

Elvira's
HOH LE
#???/400

Neat to see what people are coming up with.

#23 4 years ago

still not coming up with anything better than Stiffton. Classy AND Campy... I'll smoke a doobie when I get home and ponder...

#25 4 years ago

Let's hear some ideas!

Heighway
Pinball
2012-2015

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Heighway
Pinball
2012-2015

Ouch! But funny!

#27 4 years ago

It looks fantastic!

#28 4 years ago

Let's hear some ideas!

I have ordered and requested (with lines of lettering to hopefully be centered):

WOLFMAN
JACK
1938 - 1995

Representing Robert Weston Smith, also known as Wolfman Jack (January 21, 1938 – July 1, 1995).

#29 4 years ago

I went with:

GEORGE
ROMERO
1940-2017

#30 4 years ago

With nearly 30 people on the list currently, I've been building Elvira parts as quick as I can while finishing up the last of the open ACNC orders (shipping today).

Running four printers on Elvira parts, but one full set takes about 18 hours to print amongst 12 separate printed parts, so we'll see where I end up for run #1. I'll be away this weekend with gaps in internet service, so I'll update Monday night at the latest if I miss any PMs, etc.

Planning to ship what I can make for run #1 by Friday (17th), and that should give me a better idea on timeline going forward.

I appreciate all of the interest thus far. I believe it was the largest interest I've had in one day, and I hope the mods live up to expectations or exceed them. All of them are designed as one-screw mods (aside from the pops), so installation will also be super easy this time around.

#31 4 years ago

Still trying to get these ready to ship tomorrow, but it would be cutting it close if it's possible, so Saturday may be the best expectation.

Looking like I'll be shipping 10 orders out for run #1 (intend to ship run #2 by the 25th--will be a larger run if possible, and I won't be away from home this time around [was away on a cruise over the weekend, so I couldn't produce parts]).

Everyone that ships in run #1 will be updated with tracking information by Saturday evening at the latest.

#32 4 years ago

Wow those look great.

#33 4 years ago

With the final parts just off the printer for the first run (had some set-backs with machine and print issues this week, but wanted to get at least 1/3 of the list in run #1), I'll be cleaning, sanding, assembling,smoothing, and painting these through the night. Pops also ready but not pictured (they get wire-wheeled before sanding). Will need proper drying time on the final clear stages before final mech assembly, so as noted, Saturday shipping date is looking more realistic.

Puts into perspective how many parts are going into these runs
20200117_005855 (resized).jpg20200117_005855 (resized).jpg

#34 4 years ago

whats the Dead head crypt looking building and small white skulls in the bottom right corner of your picture?

#35 4 years ago

adfgsdfgsdfg (resized).jpgadfgsdfgsdfg (resized).jpg
#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

whats the Dead head crypt looking building and small white skulls in the bottom right corner of your picture?

Alice Cooper mod

Shhh. Not suppose to see that . Hopefully the customer doesn't mind it wound up visible in that pic (not intended). Should look neat when finished.

#37 4 years ago

Despite my best efforts, and only about 3.5 hours of sleep since starting on this batch (in fear of missing the deadline today), I'm clearly not going to be able to make the 4pm USPS cut-off.

I am at least at the tail end of painting and will post photos here very soon.

Grossly underestimated how long it would take me to prep/assemble/paint these, so these will ship out on Tuesday due to the MLK holiday on Monday.

Sorry for this delay over my estimate. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Edit: Have yet another new 3D printer slated to arrive tomorrow (through Amazon) in attempt to keep up with part building (lost a couple printers during this run and can't seem to get them to function properly [have some parts coming in for those as well]). Based on this run, I can see any ambition to do more than 10 orders for run #2 won't be possible, but I'll still be trying the keep on schedule for run #2's estimated ship date.

#38 4 years ago

Photos of run #1 here. Made one extra Gonk House in this batch and an extra set or two of the grass pieces, so a very small head start on run #2. Everything aside from the pops are without any clear coat here (they get a mix of matte and gloss--namely gloss on the grass portions and matte everywhere else).

Covered up one custom casket as the recipient didn't request it and it's a secret for now. Ended up having 2 of the 11 casket tops I had fail QC (discovered after I posted the parts photo), so I had to make another, and I opted to do something I hope the customer doesn't hate
20200118_163638 (resized).jpg20200118_163638 (resized).jpg20200118_164142 (resized).jpg20200118_164142 (resized).jpg

#39 4 years ago

I’m sure they will be worth the wait!

#40 4 years ago

Your mods look great. PM sent.

#41 4 years ago

I don’t own this game, but have to say I like the idea of the pop bumper cap boobs. Is there a way you could make it more obvious what they are? Maybe small nipples or something like that? a big part of the whole Elvira persona is the big boobs.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I don’t own this game, but have to say I like the idea of the pop bumper cap boobs. Is there a way you could make it more obvious what they are? Maybe small nipples or something like that? a big part of the whole Elvira persona is the big boobs.

May be hard to notice in the photos, but they do in fact have small nipples

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Just took a photo that helps see them a bit better (they do blend with the black):

20200119_151940 (resized).jpg20200119_151940 (resized).jpg
#44 4 years ago

Run #1 Shipped out today. Will PM tracking numbers later tonight.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Run #1 Shipped out today.

That's grea... Darn! I just remembered I got stuck in batch #2.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That's grea... Darn! I just remembered I got stuck in batch #2.

I can confirm you're in this 2nd batch EDIT: Also, expecting to ship run #2 out on Monday (1/27). Will be at least 10 orders in this run as well.

Below are the instructions that shipped with run #1. May change them if anyone points out anything that's unclear (or needs photos), though installation is pretty straightforward this time around as they're only one screw each and only one way to install.

Also, for anyone that likes to see the making-of/behind-the-scenes, I've posted the notes I took when measuring (as I don't own the game, I needed to take everything at once, and I expect it mostly looks like chicken scratch).

Top of that image has the poor sketch I made when trying to show my finacee the mechanical aspect I wanted to create. Originally I planned to have heads that popped up out of the casket, but the action happens so fast you'd never see them.
20200123_234227 (resized).jpg20200123_234227 (resized).jpgElvira mod instructions (resized).pngElvira mod instructions (resized).png

#47 4 years ago

Those are pretty complicated instructions... might have to have help ...

#48 4 years ago

Received mine today. Excellent work as always!

IMG_1446 (resized).jpgIMG_1446 (resized).jpgIMG_1449 (resized).jpgIMG_1449 (resized).jpgIMG_1450 (resized).jpgIMG_1450 (resized).jpgIMG_1452 (resized).jpgIMG_1452 (resized).jpg
#49 4 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Received mine today. Excellent work as always![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to know they arrived safe and that the first reported install went well

Huge thanks for the pictures! Your Gonk House photo is the first that shows the production version installed. My previous media on the Gonk House shows that the factory label underneath could still be seen, so that was remedied before run #1 parts were made (also a slight fitment adjustment was made from the prototype I had shown [looks good here]).

And of course your positive feedback is appreciated While first runs of a new mod are exciting for me, I'm also a bit nervous as I await the response on them. So far so good...

I do hope these bring some added satisfaction to those shots, and enhance the fun and aesthetic overall--even when the game is off.

#50 4 years ago

SDTM Install Video

Uhhh these are a must BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

11,855 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

There are 1,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods?hl=moomert1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.