IMG_0645 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0639 (resized).jpeg
20231223_110025 (resized).jpg
20231223_111257 (resized).jpg

There are 1,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 33.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Just wanted to touch base and see what the eta of my order is, everything looks great

Not at my list right now, but looks like I quoted run #11 in the PM conversation (possibly #10 as I've been making more sets per run than I started out with, and some on the list disappear).

Currently filling run #13 I believe. Been a recent boost in orders after a couple different FB posts.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The others did ship today. Tracking numbers will be sent later tonight.

Which batch was sent out most recently? Seems like you are killing it making these!

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Which batch was sent out most recently? Seems like you are killing it making these!

#8 was shipped. Parts are getting put together on run #9, but the main focus has been RZ/ACNC this week so far.

#204 3 years ago

Medisinyl, I have received and installed your Gargoyle/casket mod and all I can say is, Impressive! It took me all of 10 minutes. It integrates so well with the theme of E3 and enhances the appearance so much that you would think it was originally designed by Stern's engineers and was intended to be part of this game from the start. I treat pinball mods like seasonings/spices...just enough of the right kind can enhance the flavor/experience, too much or the wrong kind ruin an otherwise good meal. Thank you for your contribution to our hobby and the pinball community...I look forward to future mods from you.

#205 3 years ago

Update here by Friday with pics hopefully.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will accept pre-orders through PM, and will list on my Pinside shop soon as well.

Seeing this from my first post looks rather funny to me now...not knowing what I was in for (and sorry for the false advertising as many have asked why they aren't in the shop yet). I had been used to 3-4 weeks of backlog work for initial pre-orders on previous mods (before normal, steady order rate returned), thus expecting to have these in the shop by early Feb.

I clearly wasn't even remotely prepared for the success of these mods, nor the rate all of my other mods have continued to receive orders (seemingly boosted by the Elvira exposure [and Zach's awesome videos, and other customer posts to FB, etc.]).

As I've said before, I can't thank everyone enough for the support, but I do fear the giant turnaround times dampen customer satisfaction. Easy for me to set-out on mod work thinking I'll get it done in no time, then the hours keep passing by with much less accomplished than expected. Something like an Alice lab, I can only average (in a run) two a day at most with how significant a project those are.

Thanks yet again to the patience most here have had with me on these.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I clearly wasn't even remotely prepared for the success of these mods

Shame on you for developing an awesome mod that has become a must have for Elvira’s House of Horrors.

#208 3 years ago

Getting the run #10 list together and will message those that haven't paid soon (not listed here yet - EDIT: 5 messages sent thus far). As before, existing paid orders will get bumped up if others opt out.

1) wvpinball
2) MadMaxDad
3) May
4) vze2mqmm
5) Otto110
6) Simpswho
7) Mark1971
8 ) Vegasbills

Added over 4 years ago:

9) Snowman

#210 3 years ago

Will be back on these 100% tomorrow. Have one last non-Elvira order from a few months ago that needs to be finished tonight. Have shipped nearly 50 mods in the last 4 days, so lots of progress, just not here. Had hoped to be strictly on Elvira at the end of last week, but discovered many old orders that needed to be completed by now.

Updated Run #10 list (will be at least one more spot filled before the cut off):

1) wvpinball
2) MadMaxDad
3) May
4) vze2mqmm
5) Otto110
6) Simpswho
7) Mark1971
8 ) Vegasbills
9) Snowman
10 ) Analogkid
11) Cyberninja24

EDIT: May be run #14 that is currently filling. Just waiting on people that were earlier on the list to respond for run #10.

Added over 4 years ago:

EDIT #2: Did a bit of a recount and it's looking like it should be run #13 still filling now--not #14 (#12 for many recent additions).

#211 3 years ago

Can you add me as well ?

#212 3 years ago

Run #9 will be shipped on Tuesday after the holiday. Run #10 should be back to the normal run interval for shipping after that.

Run #10

1) wvpinball
2) MadMaxDad
3) May
4) vze2mqmm
5) Otto110
6) Simpswho
7) Mark1971
8 ) Vegasbills
9) Snowman
10 ) Analogkid
11) Vitty (Cyberninja24)
12) Drfrightner (pending)

#213 3 years ago

Let’s see some photos!

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Let’s see some photos!

Will have photos up here by tomorrow night Into paint stages, so no late surprises like the custom issues from the last run.

Meeting someone today that I've been chatting with for about 4 weeks, so that will have me somewhat side-tracked today (keeping with my personal life being an open book in this thread ). Will be back to painting these tonight.

#215 3 years ago

What is the shipping to Australia on these mods mate as we are getting killed on the exchange rate. Thinking of placing an order.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

What is the shipping to Australia on these mods mate as we are getting killed on the exchange rate. Thinking of placing an order.

$24.99 is what I charge for international (cost to me is a bit higher as it's generally $24.50 to Australia for one set + the box and packing materials).

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will have photos up here by tomorrow night Into paint stages, so no late surprises like the custom issues from the last run.
Meeting someone today that I've been chatting with for about 4 weeks, so that will have me somewhat side-tracked today (keeping with my personal life being an open book in this thread ). Will be back to painting these tonight.

Still planning to post a photo here soon tonight (vampire hours).

#217 3 years ago

Mid paint casket pic for now.

Final run #10 list:

1) wvpinball
2) MadMaxDad
3) May
4) vze2mqmm
5) Otto110
6) Simpswho
7) Mark1971
8 ) Vegasbills
9) Snowman
10 ) Analogkid
11) Vitty (Cyberninja24)
12) Drfrightner (pending)
13) PBMAN

20200524_163451 (resized).jpg20200524_163451 (resized).jpg
#218 3 years ago

Awesome can't wait. Hopefully my new node board gets here before the mods!

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Will also note that ALL international shipping times have been unusually long during Covid, with tracking sitting with no updates for over a month in most cases.

But they are ultimately arriving safely it seems as I'm finally getting some updates on arrivals recently.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Mid paint casket pic for now.
Final run #10 list:

13 Names - only 12 caskets ...

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

13 Names - only 12 caskets ...

That's run #9 (shipping tomorrow).

Run #10 will be 13 (all names now confirmed/paid on that list as of today).

#222 3 years ago

Clear coat still curing on the couple orders with pop bumpers, but here's run #9. Tracking will be sent out tonight after shipping.

20200526_162626 (resized).jpg20200526_162626 (resized).jpg

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Clear coat still curing on the couple orders with pop bumpers, but here's run #9. Tracking will be sent out tonight after shipping.
[quoted image]

Super excited to get these on my machine! Thank you for producing top quality mods!

#224 3 years ago

I gotta go with a custom GEORGE ROMERO (1940-2017) on my gravestone mod, he's the man! Will advise when it comes to my turn, thanks!

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]

The 10 orders without pops shipped out earlier and tracking numbers have been sent (pop orders ship tomorrow).

I'll create all of the custom caskets for run #10 in CAD tomorrow. I'll be doing less non-Elvira work for this run interval to get run #10 out in a more timely fashion.

#226 3 years ago

I installed the gargoyle and coffin mod last night, installed the updated backdoor guides and found the back is the house diverter was stuck. I think it had been that way since it was new because balls world get stuck behind the house sometimes. Fixed the crypt gate. The bolt that held the arm to the gate was so lose it almost fell apart. When I was done I had a game that lasted about an hour. 3 Gappa angry runs. Thank you for your mods, without them I would have never spent the time to fix my "new"game. Stupid Stern. The mods look as good as all the artwork. Sheer laziness on Stern's part. A sticker to cover the vuk. Really? Thanks again!

#227 3 years ago

Love it!!

74AED2E3-B3CA-4A43-AC01-4AE73DD5CF62 (resized).jpeg74AED2E3-B3CA-4A43-AC01-4AE73DD5CF62 (resized).jpeg
#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Love it!![quoted image]

That looks fantastic! Got any video clips of it with the mirror blades? really curious how the house and colored lights for haunts look with mirror blades and mausoleum mod.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

That looks fantastic! Got any video clips of it with the mirror blades? really curious how the house and colored lights for haunts look with mirror blades and mausoleum mod.

No video but here’s some additional shots.

E79004C9-095C-418F-B4B4-5C63888585E7 (resized).jpegE79004C9-095C-418F-B4B4-5C63888585E7 (resized).jpeg334C086B-66C1-4779-A3CE-B3C6543F36CC (resized).jpeg334C086B-66C1-4779-A3CE-B3C6543F36CC (resized).jpeg465043A5-C31B-4AEB-BF22-B0FF230C7FF4 (resized).jpeg465043A5-C31B-4AEB-BF22-B0FF230C7FF4 (resized).jpegE8F61513-AF6B-4D06-9DF3-001BAEA7D19E (resized).jpegE8F61513-AF6B-4D06-9DF3-001BAEA7D19E (resized).jpeg
#230 3 years ago

man that looks great!

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

man that looks great!

Thanks! All props to Medisinyl for making some great mods.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Love it!![quoted image]

Thanks a ton for the posts. As always, I love seeing the custom caskets installed

My friend with the Elvira saw your posts and now wants to install some purple bulbs

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As I've had a second report on this (over the course of the entire production), I felt I should bring it up in case anyone else has had this issue with the right grass piece.

The upper screw on that right side should be countersunk and flush, but it seems Stern has made some of these with the wrong screw (despite the plastic underneath still beveled for countersunk).

This interferes with the grass portion as it lifts it in the front, and that's incorrect. On the first report I received, the customer was able to find a countersunk screw installed nearby and switched them around. Should this prove to be a larger problem than it seems (unreported issues), I would look into finding appropriate hardware to include.

Untitledscrew (resized).jpgUntitledscrew (resized).jpg

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

My friend with the Elvira saw your posts and now wants to install some purple bulbs

Not to hijack your thread, but I went with a purple theme (trim, speakers, t-molding, some LEDs). Cabinet is so-so, but blends well on the playfield.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#234 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Not to hijack your thread, but I went with a purple theme (trim, speakers, t-molding, some LEDs). Cabinet is so-so, but blends well on the playfield.
[quoted image]

Suits the game well and looks awesome. Only thing that sticks out now are the awful yellow flipper bats Stern uses on everything. Game deserves some Scared Stiff flipper bats

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Game deserves some Scared Stiff flipper bats

Here's the first set I did for my game. The color washing is a little light for my taste but I have another set I washed darker that I'll swap in at some point.

I need to get rid of that ugly yellow pricing card too.

20200602_201928.jpg20200602_201928.jpg
#236 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Here's the first set I did for my game. The color washing is a little light for my taste but I have another set I washed darker that I'll swap in at some point.
I need to get rid of that ugly yellow pricing card too.
[quoted image]

Definitely an upgrade.

I had seen people were getting bare looking Scared Stiff pieces. When I got my bats for RZ, it seemed they were available with color on them already (don't recall where I got them though):

20200603_010520 (resized).jpg20200603_010520 (resized).jpg
#237 3 years ago

Will have some run #10 photos up here Friday night and should be sending out messages for run #11 soon.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Game deserves some Scared Stiff flipper bats

I bought out the inventory from a guy that used to refurbish machines in the late 90s. Lots of NOS parts.
I have some boney flippers, frogs (not much use on EHOH, but I'm sure, like me, lots of SS owners on this thread) and still have one set of the slingshot plastics (again, not of any use on EHOH, but for SS owners, they're hard to find).

Flippers are $10 each plus shipping. I have 2 pair left.
The other stuff is hard to price
The slingshot plastics are hard/impossible to find (I think there are some in Europe)
The frogs aren't at Planetary or Marco - I think they're hard/impossible to find also.
I'll probably end up putting them on eBay and let the market decide what they are worth.

IMG_1671 (resized).jpgIMG_1671 (resized).jpg
#239 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Flippers are $10 each plus shipping

My mistake for not being clearer - they're $10 each. Just like PlanetaryPinball, except these are NOS for what that matters.
None, to my knowledge, of the replacement flippers (NOS or remakes) were painted.
Sorry for the confusion.

SSFlipper (resized).jpegSSFlipper (resized).jpeg
#240 3 years ago

I decided to go with

Alan
Smithee
1968-2000

Alan Smithee is a pseudonym used by film directors who were not satisfied with the finished film and didn't wanted their actual name in the credits. It was used by members of the Directors Guild of America from 1968 to 2000. If you see a film with Alan Smithee as the director you are typically in for a rough ride.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I decided to go with
Alan
Smithee
1968-2000
Alan Smithee is a pseudonym used by film directors who were not satisfied with the finished film and didn't wanted their actual name in the credits. It was used by members of the Directors Guild of America from 1968 to 2000. If you see a film with Alan Smithee as the director you are typically in for a rough ride.

There's even a movie about it- "Burn Hollywood Burn". And in an ironic twist (which I am sure was totally genuine, and not a hollywood manufacturered thing to generate press about the movie), the original director Arthur Hiller campaigned to have his name removed from the film! And so it was released as "An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn!"

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's even a movie about it- "Burn Hollywood Burn". And in an ironic twist (which I am sure was totally genuine, and not a hollywood manufacturered thing to generate press about the movie), the original director Arthur Hiller campaigned to have his name removed from the film! And so it was released as "An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn!"

The DGA retired the use of Alan Smithee after that film since it brought so much attention to its use. I've never seen that movie but I've heard it's not in the category of "its soo bad its good", it's more like "it's so bad, it's just really bad".

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The DGA retired the use of Alan Smithee after that film since it brought so much attention to its use. I've never seen that movie but I've heard it's not in the category of "its soo bad its good", it's more like "it's so bad, it's just really bad".

that second phrase would definitely be how I would describe it. Run away. Ironic still that the point of that pseudonym in the first place was to keep studios from messing too much with directors' work. If the public is more aware of it now, that would seem to support that idea. Anyway, the movie sucks. The whole idea is dumb. Eric Idle even trashed it in public while out promoting it. .LOL

#244 3 years ago

Working on run #10 through the night here and should have some photos soon.

I've sent out messages for run #11. Here's the current list of those confirmed/paid for run #11.

1) grabul
2) jtaudio
3) Dylanfan71
4) Nyo30
5) tktlwyr
6) Wake2wood
7) Joseph Fox (FB)
8 ) Welby Bergum (FB)
9) dforrest

With the new count, I can confirm that run #13 is what I'm currently filling.

Added over 4 years ago:

10) Bladerunner

#245 3 years ago

Couple casket pics for now. The Random Gravity Arcade text was done different than usual.

Also, one casket will get special dagger lids as I failed to make a custom from the last run (didn't get into my hand written notes, so I made a standard one). Wanted to do something special to make up for the added delay, and to keep it special, it won't be offered for sale that way, but figure some may be interested to see the final pic before these ship.

In other news, I just picked up a TSPP, and my buddy got a Scared Stiff over the weekend (perhaps one or both will get a mod or two).

20200608_130514 (resized).jpg20200608_130514 (resized).jpg20200608_130633 (resized).jpg20200608_130633 (resized).jpg
#246 3 years ago

Sweet, better than donuts!

#247 3 years ago

I’d love it if you could one day share the .STL or even just a part of it (say, the lids) so we could further make some customizations. This is a great addition to the game. Haven’t gotten to play much lately but it looks great just sitting there!

#248 3 years ago

First post just to say these mods are awesome. I sent a PM your way Medisinyl for a set minus the pops.

#249 3 years ago

Looking to have run #10 shipped out tomorrow.

Current run #11 list:

1) grabul
2) jtaudio
3) Dylanfan71
4) Nyo30
5) tktlwyr
6) Wake2wood
7) Joseph Fox (FB)
8 ) Welby Bergum (FB)
9) dforrest
10) Bladerunner
11) Busch (pending)
12) freegame450

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Looking to have run #10 shipped out tomorrow.
Current run #11 list:
1) grabul
2) jtaudio
3) Dylanfan71
4) Nyo30
5) tktlwyr
6) Wake2wood
7) Joseph Fox (FB)
8 ) Welby Bergum (FB)
9) dforrest
10) Bladerunner
11) Busch (pending)
12) freegame450

YES!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
12,222 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.