IMG_0645 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0639 (resized).jpeg
20231223_110025 (resized).jpg
20231223_111257 (resized).jpg
There are 1,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 34.
#151 4 years ago

I appreciate the well wishes. Without going into details, it's been a rough week emotionally and mentally.

Small update here on run #7. Custom caskets in base-paint stage. Also showing the extra step I took for the Domino Arcade casket. The customer isn't aware (until now perhaps), but I took the liberty to look up their arcade sign and recreate it by hand (knew I had seen it posted somewhere before). Hope he digs it.

This sort of detail isn't something I offer to be requested, but at times I throw a surprise in on the customs.

Again, all the lettering will pop much better once the final details are painted.
20200402_235948 (resized).jpg20200402_235948 (resized).jpg20200402_235948x (resized).jpg20200402_235948x (resized).jpg

#152 4 years ago

Hopefully done with these tomorrow. Just need to finish the grass portions and make the pop bumpers before final clear and assembly.

Sorry again for the slow down here with little progress over the last week for work. My fiancee left me last week and I've lost ten pounds in 7 days. Still hoping to fix it all, but it doesn't seem likely thus far.

20200407_012104 (resized).jpg20200407_012104 (resized).jpg20200407_012109 (resized).jpg20200407_012109 (resized).jpg20200407_012130 (resized).jpg20200407_012130 (resized).jpg
#153 4 years ago

^^ Sorry to hear that, brother. Focus on the important things and keep looking ahead!

#154 4 years ago

Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself!

#155 4 years ago

I feel sorry for you, hope you find the strength to deal with the situation.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

^^ Sorry to hear that, brother. Focus on the important things and keep looking ahead!

I appreciate all of the kind words here.

Of course getting customers their products in a reasonable timeframe is also important to me, despite the unexpected life hurdle. Been stressful with the backlog of paid orders as I worry about keeping everyone happy. I know most don't realize how many lists are running (backlog on RZ and Alice mods as well), and my mods generally take a long time to create.

Was never this hectic before the Elvira mods, and mod orders for everything I offer either haven't slowed or have picked up. Never thought my mod work would be so well received, and I can't thank everyone enough for the opportunity to create these and see them in other machines. Just hope I don't upset too many with the long turnaround times at the back end.

My personal life isn't something I want to post about here, but I feel everyone with an order placed deserves to know why this run didn't ship last week.

#157 4 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if you are still taking orders for Elvira HOH mods? Thanks

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from littleoak:

Hi, I was wondering if you are still taking orders for Elvira HOH mods? Thanks

I appreciate your interest.

I'm currently filling run #11 and taking orders through PM.

Once the runs are complete, these will be added to the shop.

#160 4 years ago

Your work is worth the wait. Take a breath. Do what makes you happy, on your time.

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Your work is worth the wait. Take a breath. Do what makes you happy, on your time.

I'll second that sentiment...I am happy just to know its in work and will eventually arrive...take a break.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image]

Run #7 ready to roll!

#164 4 years ago

Run #7 is all boxed up.

Shipping Domestic orders today (EDIT: Tracking sent) and international tomorrow (EDIT 2: Tracking sent).

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the well wishes. Without going into details, it's been a rough week emotionally and mentally.
Small update here on run #7. Custom caskets in base-paint stage. Also showing the extra step I took for the Domino Arcade casket. The customer isn't aware (until now perhaps), but I took the liberty to look up their arcade sign and recreate it by hand (knew I had seen it posted somewhere before). Hope he digs it.
This sort of detail isn't something I offer to be requested, but at times I throw a surprise in on the customs.
Again, all the lettering will pop much better once the final details are painted.
[quoted image][quoted image]

man that is freaking awesome!!! HUGE THANKS!

Neil.

#166 4 years ago

Take good care of yourself, that's the only thing that matters!

#167 3 years ago

Run #8 will ship by the end of the week. Been busy with Alice and RZ runs in between these latest Elvira runs (got myself behind on everything, but making progress at a normal rate again). Again, the patience has been appreciated. I couldn't overstate the importance of the support I've had from the pinball community.

Otherwise, lots of good feedback from run #7 in PMs, but I think we all like to see installed pics

#168 3 years ago

Sorry to bother ya but any updates, pictures? I'm so excited to get my mods from you. Hope you are doing well. Stay healthy people!

#169 3 years ago

Some pics of mods on game. Amazingly detailed!!!!

1856A3B9-F287-4C8A-BEDC-B2CAA1A44A6D (resized).jpeg1856A3B9-F287-4C8A-BEDC-B2CAA1A44A6D (resized).jpegDF320E42-67E9-4251-AF5F-7A74F1A27EB5 (resized).jpegDF320E42-67E9-4251-AF5F-7A74F1A27EB5 (resized).jpeg5BA0317D-8448-4923-96DD-843C840DB516 (resized).jpeg5BA0317D-8448-4923-96DD-843C840DB516 (resized).jpegC3D400D4-5998-4001-89B0-C259E9E48859 (resized).jpegC3D400D4-5998-4001-89B0-C259E9E48859 (resized).jpeg
#170 3 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

Sorry to bother ya but any updates, pictures? I'm so excited to get my mods from you. Hope you are doing well. Stay healthy people!

Making progress on them currently and will be through the night and tomorrow. Update pictures by tomorrow evening . Looking more like a Monday ship day.

#171 3 years ago

Unfortunately I've had a batch of 5 custom casket lids fail on me toward the end of a 10 hour print (I had intended to post early paint pics today, but that won't be possible). Had 11 customs I put together last night/earlier today. The customs do add a lot of time to the runs, especially when there's no spares for print failures and QC issues.

Just unjammed that machine and replaced the bowden tube. First time I've had a good looking piece of filament completely fuse itself within a Bowden tube (can't discern what happened despite being able to see through the tube and cutting the tube up). These newer machines have generally been stellar. Hopefully no more issue there (will switch machines if it happens again [others currently running other parts], and perhaps dump that spool of filament [have had a bad spool before]). (EDIT: current print attempt looking good so far).

Still have over 100 non-Elvira mods I've been trying to get to as well, and made tons of progress there this week, but did fall short of my goal before needing to get back to run #8 (unfortunately customers are tugging me at all ends). Preorders in January alone for my mods equated to about 25 weeks worth of work at 40 hours a week, which is why I was doing 60+ a week for much of the earlier time-period in attempt to get ahead of it. I do believe there has been more backlogged workload than some realize (based on PMs). ~8x normal orders in January, and an unusual chunk in Feb. as well into the first half of March.

Of course I did lose a chunk of time with recent events, and I'm sorry for that delay.

All other parts are already ready to go for run #8. Just need to paint everything at the same time to be efficient.

For now, here's an idea for some of the custom caskets (not shown are a couple familiar format LEs and a remake of a casket from the previous run that I made a number mistake on).
20200425_154242 (resized).jpg20200425_154242 (resized).jpg20200425_154322 (resized).jpg20200425_154322 (resized).jpg

#172 3 years ago

...and finally have all the parts out successfully Will get pics up tomorrow night of where I'm at with run #8.

I had another couple curl on me on the second attempt of that last batch that needed another 4 hour print today (used more of the print bed than normal given the number of customs in this batch, which was no issue for the other printer, but this one needed to be re-leveled a bit for that far side to adhere properly).

Normally I make the custom caskets at the start of the run rather than last, and any issues are resolved before they get in the way of delaying paint prep like this. Life is still a bit unpredictable, but my ex-fiancee came by for the third and likely final time to move her stuff to a storage bay (have taken any moment I can to talk to her in an attempt to salvage the relationship, and while she still seems to be mixed on the decision, there's unfortunately been no luck there).

--

On a more positive note, this ordeal has gotten me to post to social media for the first time (not counting rare photo posts). Did so on the 21st (karaoke cover of Duran Duran's Ordinary World), and that's a lot of what helped make this past week a productive one for me with mod work. I'm on the autism spectrum, so this sort of thing hits me hard, and I desperately needed some connection to people and something to look forward to. I'm generally a shy, private person, so this is the first time friends and family are seeing me sing (and first many will see me play guitar once I post a video of that).

For those curious, my FB is : https://www.facebook.com/gregory.s.jones.50 That first karaoke video should be at the top of my page (other countries may have some of it muted due to a copyright issue on the music).

--

Sending messages out to anyone that would be in run #9 that have yet to pay and I'll get that list up as soon as it's finalized (most have paid).

#173 3 years ago

That was a great performance! I’m in a band (I sing and do guitar) and we tried that song a few gosh, months ago, I guess. It is HARD! Great tune, great version of it. Keep on rockin!

#174 3 years ago

Great voice mate, thanks for sharing. My son is also on the spectrum so understand where your coming from.
Take your time on the mods, I'm sure they will look amazing as usual.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That was a great performance! I’m in a band (I sing and do guitar) and we tried that song a few gosh, months ago, I guess. It is HARD! Great tune, great version of it. Keep on rockin!

Quoted from Macca101010:

Great voice mate, thanks for sharing. My son is also on the spectrum so understand where your coming from.
Take your time on the mods, I'm sure they will look amazing as usual.

I appreciate the positive feedback guys, and especially from a gigging musician . I was very insecure and lacked confidence for most of my life when it came to this sort of thing, so I've generally kept any guitar playing or singing to myself. I didn't start singing at all until recent years. Now I try not to worry as much about what others may think (I'm 35 now). I've done a few open mics in the past, but again it was during times of other stress in my life that made it possible to ignore the stage-fright so to speak.

Just posted a guitar clip to my page as well.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 3 years ago

Hey man I think we all appreciate the communication. I've done my fair share of touring in the mid 2000s. Ive threw up before several big shows lol. Your doing great! I've been through a divorce and my life is better than ever it just takes time.

#177 3 years ago

Just listing those in run #9 that have already paid and are guaranteed to make it in. More will be added soon (some that have already paid and not listed may be bumped in if others opt out).

1) PDX-Mike
2) Chrono86
3) Mudflaps
4) legui
5) kse001
6) BillyPilgrim
7) gandaft
8 ) Rdoyle1978

EDIT:
9) Darth-Grayder
10) dnaman

List should end up at 12 sets. Most should already be seeing a run bump over the original quote given the additional sets I've made in most runs since the first runs, so hopefully that helps bridge some of the mental gap over the recent delays.

#178 3 years ago

Still plan on getting some pics up tonight. Just may be in the a.m hours.

EDIT: 3am...still the plan :p

#179 3 years ago

56 base purple pieces painted so far.

20200428_040251 (resized).jpg20200428_040251 (resized).jpg
#180 3 years ago

Great!!!!!

#181 3 years ago

Look amazing as usual

Can't wait to get them.

#182 3 years ago

Had to sleep after that photo, but will post another update here tonight.

#183 3 years ago

Will keep plugging away on paint for another couple hours tonight, but close enough to know these will *finally* ship out on Thursday (tomorrow).

Really like how the Barry DeLyve casket is turning out. I do wonder if the customer that requested the Seymour Butz casket was aware of how the "HOH LE" would likely be interpreted after those words, haha (may very well have been the reason they went with it)

Making my cut and bumping a couple previously paid orders into run #9 (had a couple not respond back).

1) PDX-Mike
2) Chrono86
3) Mudflaps
4) legui
5) kse001
6) BillyPilgrim
7) gandaft
8 ) Rdoyle1978
9) Darth-Grayder
10) dnaman
11) MountZion
12) Luis19
20200429_034304 (resized).jpg20200429_034304 (resized).jpg

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn these are successful mods

Yep, an absolutely crazy and unexpected response on these I'm sure your video was a significant boost, and super appreciated, though even day one got a surprising number of pre-orders. Feel guilty that I charged you for the Elvira mods given the awesome video you graciously made (hopefully the Alice mods helped balance it out a bit for now). Seeing your videos on my work really has been one of the coolest things I've experienced with modding.

My biggest "hits" before Elvira was for games limited to 300 and 500 games, which may have helped keep the orders more gradual and manageable.

Looking forward to getting all current orders behind me and having time for new development. Will try to plan better on future mod releases.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Yep, an absolutely crazy and unexpected response on these I'm sure your video was a significant boost, and super appreciated, though even day one got a surprising number of pre-orders. Feel guilty that I charged you for the Elvira mods given the awesome video you graciously made (hopefully the Alice mods helped balance it out a bit for now). Seeing your videos on my work really has been one of the coolest things I've experienced with modding.
My biggest "hits" before Elvira was for games limited to 300 and 500 games, which may have helped keep the orders more gradual and manageable.
Looking forward to getting all current orders behind me and having time for new development. Will try to plan better on future mod releases.

For perspective, I think it’s important to remember that the initial release video stream for this game was REALLY lame. Lyman showed up looking all crazy to play the game, I am CERTAIN he was trying to finish the code before the already-scheduled stream, but sometimes things don’t work out like that. He put in what seems to me as double time work on the subsequent releases, and suddenly the game is outstanding! Hard to predict interest with a history like that

#188 3 years ago

At USPS now. Getting 10 of the sets out today and will ship the last few tomorrow.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

At USPS now. Getting 10 of the sets out today and will ship the last few tomorrow.

Look amazing, well done mate. Can't wait to get them.

#190 3 years ago

The others did ship today. Tracking numbers will be sent later tonight.

#191 3 years ago

I received and put on my Casket and Gronk mods today - outstanding work Greg - Thanks Again - Jeff

#192 3 years ago

I got mine in today. Easy install. Awesome upgrade.

F8EC5594-706B-4A36-A83D-DCD5E5F417B6 (resized).jpegF8EC5594-706B-4A36-A83D-DCD5E5F417B6 (resized).jpeg
#193 3 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I got mine in today. Easy install. Awesome upgrade.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Thank you for the before/after photo, and for the positive feedback

#194 3 years ago

Do you think your mod will still work with the extra plastic protector I have underneath the factory one?

07F284AD-DBA3-4B72-9C43-72AADBC618D2 (resized).jpeg07F284AD-DBA3-4B72-9C43-72AADBC618D2 (resized).jpeg
#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Do you think your mod will still work with the extra plastic protector I have underneath the factory one?
[quoted image]

The mod is designed to the fraction of a millimeter for most parts, so it's likely that extra height would cause a problem in function and/or appearance. Gargoyle would sit higher (possibly a concern for the exiting ball), not fit properly on that post, and perhaps cause issues when mating against the casket and grass (or even an issue with the new lower wall height).

So I wouldn't recommend it, but if someone has already installed the mods with such a protector, perhaps they can chime in.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The mod is designed to the fraction of a millimeter for most parts, so it's likely that extra height would cause a problem in function and/or appearance. Gargoyle would sit higher (possibly a concern for the exiting ball), not fit properly on that post, and perhaps cause issues when mating against the casket and grass (or even an issue with the new lower wall height).
So I wouldn't recommend it, but if someone has already installed the mods with such a protector, perhaps they can chime in.

Can the Gargoyle’s bottom be filed down? Not sure what your mod is made of.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Can the Gargoyle’s bottom be filed down? Not sure what your mod is made of.

It's 3D printed with PLA. Several smoothing stages help reduce the majority of the 3D printed appearance, so these mods look nicer than a typical 3D printed part.

And while it would be possible to belt sand (or otherwise) material away, it would break through the outer wall, into the inner structure (not that it would be seen from the top if done well), and ultimately make the base of the wall look off I'd imagine.

As much as I'd like to offer a version that could fit here, adding another variable to the production on these would be more inefficient than desired.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

[quoted image]

you have 2 plastic protectors installed?

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

you have 2 plastic protectors installed?

Just two, the factory plastic with art and the fluorescent green plastic from Freddy’s in Germany.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's 3D printed with PLA. Several smoothing stages help reduce the majority of the 3D printed appearance, so these mods look nicer than a typical 3D printed part.
And while it would be possible to belt sand (or otherwise) material away, it would break through the outer wall, into the inner structure (not that it would be seen from the top if done well), and ultimately make the base of the wall look off I'd imagine.
As much as I'd like to offer a version that could fit here, adding another variable to the production on these would be more inefficient than desired.

I wasn’t seeing if you could do a special run. Maybe I’ll have a friend order one and then see if it could fit on mine. Or just order the set and if the gargoyle piece doesn’t fit then I won’t use it. Thanks for your help.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The others did ship today. Tracking numbers will be sent later tonight.

Just wanted to touch base and see what the eta of my order is, everything looks great

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,000 (Firm)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

There are 1,654 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/4?hl=nexfx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.