New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 259041)

Elvira 3, Interactive Casket, Gargoyle VUK cover+++ [[Medisinyl Mods]]

By Medisinyl

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 378 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Dexter
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 113 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201019_163356 (resized).jpg
20201019_163419 (resized).jpg
ssih (resized).jpg
IMG_2516 (resized).jpeg
20200914_161728 (resized).jpg
20200912_150358 (resized).jpg
run14 (resized).jpg
gargoil (resized).png
all mods (resized).png
20200817_130921 (resized).jpg
zombplas upside down (resized).jpg
zombie plastic (resized).jpg
Skullfeet (resized).jpg
20200814_072955 (resized).jpg
20200814_072924 (resized).jpg
db250979a208d48d6c04257af5395fa0f6e9663f (resized).jpg

There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 9 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Glad to know they arrived safe and that the first reported install went well
Huge thanks for the pictures! Your Gonk House photo is the first that shows the production version installed. My previous media on the Gonk House shows that the factory label underneath could still be seen, so that was remedied before run #1 parts were made (also a slight fitment adjustment was made from the prototype I had shown [looks good here]).
And of course your positive feedback is appreciated While first runs of a new mod are exciting for me, I'm also a bit nervous as I await the response on them. So far so good...
I do hope these bring some added satisfaction to those shots, and enhance the fun and aesthetic overall--even when the game is off.

Where do I sign up for a set of 1 of each I own a LE and would love to add this to my already sexy Elvira.

#52 9 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Where do I sign up for a set of 1 of each I own a LE and would love to add this to my already sexy Elvira.

Still doing pre-orders through PM (pricing will be a little higher once these hit the shop).

I'll note your place on the waitlist now. Run #4 is where the list is currently filling at.

Just send me a PM and I'll confirm everything you want.

I appreciate your interest

#53 9 months ago

PM sent - these look fantastic.

#54 9 months ago

These look amazing. Now I only need to buy the Elvira Pin.......

Wish you guys would make some mods for my Aerosmith Pro. There is nothiing of any quality out there.

#55 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Install Video
Uhhh these are a must BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Seems this video has in fact grabbed some additional interest.

Going through the PMs now. Likely filling run #5 at this point.

Again, I appreciate all of the interest and positive feedback these are getting. Also everyone's patience as I get through them. Thank you!

#56 9 months ago

Still plugging away at run #2 (currently in paint stages). Hoping to ship tomorrow if possible, but Wednesday at the very latest. 5 custom caskets in this run, and I'll post them soon for those interested in seeing what others come up with and how they turned out.

Total list is at about 60 now (~40 left once this run ships), so there's a bit of a wait on the back end right now. Trying to make it 10 orders in 7 days, and taking steps toward fulfilling that.

I just purchased a 3rd new 3D printer that should be here Wednesday (was still unable to get any of my three older ones working for this run [one dead heat bed, and the others jamming mid print--new ones are each running like a champ]). As noted, with full sets taking about 18 hours each to print (not all parts passing QC), it's been tough to get ten sets of parts together quick enough with what I've had available (most orders have been for everything aside from the pops, and several have ordered multiple sets).

Definitely wasn't prepared for this level of interest, nor the time it takes to tackle 100s of PMs and document everything (while also still making other mods), but Pinsiders have been awesome in understanding the time these take. Thank you!

Run #2 includes:

1) JFH
2) Mayboyz
3) RobertStone0407
4) Blakester
5) Racerx61
6) LittleCammi
7) JETJIMBO777
8 ) rapidraw
9) zucot
10) rlslick

Tracking by Wednesday night at the latest.

Added 9 months ago:

EDIT: Now Amazon is showing a Friday delivery for the new printer.

#57 8 months ago

Custom caskets from run #2

Have a chunk of LE owners on the list going with what Wes/RebelGuitars came up with
20200129_121152 (resized).jpg

#58 8 months ago

Run #2 shipped today. Here's a couple pics I have on my phone of the main pieces (poor yellow lighting for the caskets--will look better in person [closer to the wall color in the gargoyle photo]).

Tracking will be sent to everyone later on when I'm at my computer.
20200129_151200 (resized).jpg20200129_151258 (resized).jpg

#59 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I just purchased a 3rd new 3D printer that should be here Wednesday (was still unable to get any of my three older ones working for this run [one dead heat bed, and the others jamming mid print--new ones are each running like a champ]).

How long does it take to get the printer unpacked, assembled and dialed in?

#60 8 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

How long does it take to get the printer unpacked, assembled and dialed in?

~30 minutes (most of the printer is already assembled in the case of the machines I'm buying [completely DIY kits do exist]). Faster on subsequent builds without the need for instructions, and dialing it in is likely quicker if you're already familiar with 3D printers. These last two new ones have worked perfect on the first shot each time (after just adjusting the bed level, then throwing a full bed of prints at it [all belts, wheels, etc. were solid out of the box]). CR10 V2 model (as mentioned in PM, far superior to the CR10 in every way).

#61 8 months ago

Joining the club on Sunday. I'll be making a solid order as soon as I have it in my home.

#62 8 months ago

Orders that have made run #3:

1) Vino
2) Cgpinhead
3) Pinb1
4) calprog
5) Wheel_Jack
6) Vivid Psychosis
7) BackAlleyMatt
8 ) IndyPin
9) drbrain
10) Indusguys

Tentatively shipping on Wednesday (2/5).

#63 8 months ago

Great, I just made the list!!!

#64 8 months ago

Pm Sent
Mechanical Gargoyle/Casket set engraved

Ordered custom doghouse too - payment sent

#65 8 months ago

Count me in for the next batch!

#66 8 months ago

Greg, these mods are amazing!!! Definitely appreciate all of the detail that went into them. Installing tonight! Don’t miss out on these Elvira owners, a must have!!

0033FC59-4CB0-4680-9604-FD101A7DE46F (resized).jpeg006EE1F2-7736-484F-82A3-D944E5928495 (resized).jpeg3974693C-35DC-4F2D-81A9-A112A7079AA2 (resized).jpeg
#67 8 months ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Greg, these mods are amazing!!! Definitely appreciate all of the detail that went into them. Installing tonight! Don’t miss out on these Elvira owners, a must have!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I appreciate the positive feedback and recognition of the detail work (paint alone on these runs is a significant undertaking--5 color stages on the grassy mounds for example, that will mostly disappear in pinball lighting/distance ).

Thank you for the photos! Hopefully I get a chance to see them installed as well Always awesome to see when my work makes it into games.

#68 8 months ago
Quoted from rlslick:

these mods are amazing!!!

I couldn't be more in agreement. And I should preface this by stating I'm not much of a 'mod' guy - but these creations are first rate. Moreover, they look like they were part of the original design of the machine, only later to be taken out by the manufacturer due to cost constraints. Seriously, Stern should partner with Greg on these and include them with future builds of Elvira. They look completely OEM...... if not better.

I realize that mods can be pricey, but if you're on the fence and want to add a little dressing to your machine, at least order the casket / coffin. You won't be disappointed!

#69 8 months ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I couldn't be more in agreement. And I should preface this by stating I'm not much of a 'mod' guy - but these creations are first rate. Moreover, they look like they were part of the original design of the machine, only later to be taken out by the manufacturer due to cost constraints. Seriously, Stern should partner with Greg on these and include them with future builds of Elvira. They look completely OEM...... if not better.
I realize that mods can be pricey, but if you're on the fence and want to add a little dressing to your machine, at least order the casket / coffin. You won't be disappointed!

I never know how to respond to such glowing reviews, but I'm truly thankful that my mods are appreciated by so many, and that they're enhancing the pinball experience.

Appearing factory is always one of my main goals when designing mods. On Elvira, this meant things such as making sure the HoF target text and Elvira's hair wasn't covered at all on that plastic under the gargoyle, as doing so would be a clear giveaway that they weren't factory (was a challenge to cover the VUK with a good looking head while keeping within that thin boundary [I almost went a route that would have been easier to design and produce, but my friend with the Elvira was adamant that I kept to my original plan of the gargoyle head, so I made it happen, and I'm glad I did]).

Run #3 should hopefully be on the way tomorrow (an 11 set run), though drying between stages and final curing time may have me hold off shipping until Friday. Wish I could get through these faster given the waitlist, but at nearly 60 hours of labor per run (and 150+ hours of printed parts [mostly built during work on the previous run]), it's proving hard to attempt a full run in the 7 day time-frame I've been trying for.

Will post those that make it into run #4 soon (waiting on a couple payments before making the cut).

#70 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will post those that make it into run #4 soon (waiting on a couple payments before making the cut).

Anxiously paid prior and excited. Awesome mods

#71 8 months ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Anxiously paid prior and excited. Awesome mods

Most have done the same, and it's appreciated. Does help me streamline without having to send extra PMs, and easier to plan parts I'll need (particularly for custom orders I don't build until payment).

And thank you for the positive feedback

#72 8 months ago

Had started on this last leg of painting (just grass segments and metal accents left) some hours ago with the intention of working until I ship mods by 6pm tomorrow (I generally work through the night), but am without power currently with the storm. Hoping it comes back soon, otherwise I may bump this to a Sat. shipment.

Will work on what I can with flashlights until then (prefer not to paint this way). EDIT: Still without power at 1:50, but have made progress on prepping parts for run #4

Printers are also stopped unfortunately, but parts for run #4 (aside from custom orders that haven't been paid for) are ready for when I get to the prep stages this weekend. On the bright side, all of these new model machines I have can resume prints after an outage.

Still waiting on a few people in run #4 to pay before posting the list.

New orders are currently filling run #7.

For those that like seeing these, here's a photo from yesterday that shows the custom caskets from run #3 (missing grass and metal hinge paint of course).
20200206_220256 (resized).jpg

#73 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

For those that like seeing these, here's a photo from yesterday that shows the custom caskets from run #3 (missing grass and metal hinge paint of course).
[quoted image]

I like seeing these in case someone has a better idea than me. XD

#74 8 months ago

Run #4 (9 orders, but 12 sets [largest run yet]):

1) rockrand
2) doghouse
3) birdnest
4) Blackzarak
5) lash
6) Eric H. (FB)
7) Marc K. (FB)
8 ) great-hosts
9) kingpin24

#75 8 months ago

Tracking tonight for all of these that aren't part of a larger order. EDIT: Run #3 has shipped and tracking has been sent to everyone that went out today.

Run #3:
20200208_135449 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#76 8 months ago

Hoping to have run #4 shipped Tuesday or Wednesday.

If you have any general update questions, please ask them here instead so everyone can see the update. I'm working 7 days a week on mods, and am still getting a wall of PMs every day asking when mods are shipping or for personal updates.

I'm also working on existing Judge Dredd, BSD, ACNC, RZ, and Ghostbusters mod orders (from which I'm also getting update messages).

I put a ton of hours into mods each week, and the constant PMs make me feel like I'm not doing enough to keep customers happy. Didn't even have the time to do what I wanted for my fiancee for Valentine's Day yesterday (didn't sleep Thursday night as I worked on mods for nearly 20 hours straight with hopes of finishing what I set out to do before getting everything together before she got home from work on V-Day), and had multiple requests for updates while spending time with her.

I'm just one guy doing all of these from home, and I've never had anywhere close to the demand for my mods as I now have. Most would say I've priced them too low given the demand, but I've kept pricing the same thus far as I believe it's fair. I just can't keep up with the demand (even if I had more printers), and I'm getting 100s of PMs that also take up a lot of time to go through. Trying to keep the excess messaging to a minimum as it's becoming a great source of anxiety.

These mods have many stages to go through with several overnight drying stages, and the detail I put into them is something I'm not willing to sacrifice to get them out quicker.

Sorry for any delays as I work on these and many other mods. Trying to keep as many customers happy as I can, and for those further down the list, I hope these prove to be worth the wait.

Pinsiders have been awesome when it comes to understanding these take time, and your patience has been greatly appreciated.

#77 8 months ago

Beautifull things need time. Patience is a nice thing.

#78 8 months ago

Shipping tomorrow. Will finish the grass paint today and clear coat later on (build the mech parts once cured). Custom caskets from this run shown below. Fonts have always been my choice and a mystery to the customer until this point (hopefully no disappointments thus far).

Quoted from zwartepanter:

Beautifull things need time. Patience is a nice thing.

I appreciate the sentiment

Even surprising to me how many hours go into these, particularly in all the prep stages before paint. Feel like I'll be able to get through a pile of parts (exacto knife detailing, sanding, gluing, smoothing layers [getting rid of the worst of the print lines], final sanding, etc.) in a short while, but the hours just keep piling on (wouldn't want to know how many pinball podcast re-runs I go through in the process ). 115+ separate printed parts in this run alone (each going through many stages of detailing)
20200218_130614 (resized).jpg

#79 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Hoping to have run #4 shipped Tuesday or Wednesday.
If you have any general update questions, please ask them here instead so everyone can see the update. I'm working 7 days a week on mods, and am still getting a wall of PMs every day asking when mods are shipping or for personal updates.
I'm also working on existing Judge Dredd, BSD, ACNC, RZ, and Ghostbusters mod orders (from which I'm also getting update messages).
I put a ton of hours into mods each week, and the constant PMs make me feel like I'm not doing enough to keep customers happy. Didn't even have the time to do what I wanted for my fiancee for Valentine's Day yesterday (didn't sleep Thursday night as I worked on mods for nearly 20 hours straight with hopes of finishing what I set out to do before getting everything together before she got home from work on V-Day), and had multiple requests for updates while spending time with her.
I'm just one guy doing all of these from home, and I've never had anywhere close to the demand for my mods as I now have. Most would say I've priced them too low given the demand, but I've kept pricing the same thus far as I believe it's fair. I just can't keep up with the demand (even if I had more printers), and I'm getting 100s of PMs that also take up a lot of time to go through. Trying to keep the excess messaging to a minimum as it's becoming a great source of anxiety.
These mods have many stages to go through with several overnight drying stages, and the detail I put into them is something I'm not willing to sacrifice to get them out quicker.
Sorry for any delays as I work on these and many other mods. Trying to keep as many customers happy as I can, and for those further down the list, I hope these prove to be worth the wait.
Pinsiders have been awesome when it comes to understanding these take time, and your patience has been greatly appreciated.

Take your time! I don’t even have an Elvira (yet!) but these are just so great looking, I’m moving it up in the queue to get one. Don’t sweat it if you have to take a bit longer to finish - they are worth it! That 7 day window is aggressive

#80 8 months ago

Im in but my order is a bit ahead. I could use some help with a custom quipy casket comment. Currently leaning towards "Barry A. Live 1966- 2019. Or

#81 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im in but my order is a bit ahead. I could use some help with a custom quipy casket comment. Currently leaning towards "Barry A. Live 1966- 2019. Or

“Barry M. Deep”
“Barry D’alive”
“Izzy Dedyet”
“Al B Backe”
“Dee Parted”

#82 8 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Take your time! I don’t even have an Elvira (yet!) but these are just so great looking, I’m moving it up in the queue to get one. Don’t sweat it if you have to take a bit longer to finish - they are worth it! That 7 day window is aggressive

Glad to hear these have increased your motivation to get the game

And while this cadence hasn't been great for my physical or mental health, there's just too many orders to slow down (already a fair bit behind on my Pinside shop orders I try to throw out shipping estimates on and fail to make). Once I have cash in hand, I stress until I get the order fulfilled, and can see it will be this way for awhile. Unfortunately I am getting PMs that show customers getting antsy, and the above message was prompted after a PM that seemed to suggest concern that I'd just disappear--I hope my reputation here is strong enough for others to know that will never happen.

As noted, I'll learn from it, and once the dust settles, I can plan future releases a bit better.

Ultimately a good problem to have. When I started offering mods 2.5 years ago, I could have only dreamed my work would receive the response it has here. Truly appreciated.

#83 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Bal E. Williams
RIP 1999

#84 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Shipping tomorrow. Will finish the grass paint today and clear coat later on (build the mech parts once cured). Custom caskets from this run shown below. Fonts have always been my choice and a mystery to the customer until this point (hopefully no disappointments thus far).

I appreciate the sentiment
Even surprising to me how many hours go into these, particularly in all the prep stages before paint. Feel like I'll be able to get through a pile of parts (exacto knife detailing, sanding, gluing, smoothing layers [getting rid of the worst of the print lines], final sanding, etc.) in a short while, but the hours just keep piling on (wouldn't want to know how many pinball podcast re-runs I go through in the process ). 115+ separate printed parts in this run alone (each going through many stages of detailing)
[quoted image]

medisinyl These are run #4 ? I can't wait

#85 8 months ago

I did not originally order a doghouse or the front two grass pieces. If I were to order them now, what’s the likelihood that the new grass coloring would match my casket grass coloring enough so you wouldn’t notice the difference?

#86 8 months ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

medisinyl These are run #4 ? I can't wait

Yep, run #4 (12 sets). Wish I could get through them faster myself

Quoted from jfh:

I did not originally order a doghouse or the front two grass pieces. If I were to order them now, what’s the likelihood that the new grass coloring would match my casket grass coloring enough so you wouldn’t notice the difference?

All colors used on the grass are done separate and aren't a custom mix as some of my mods are, so the result should be pretty darn close.

#87 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Found this. I may be ordering a second one with one of these names.

names (resized).jpg
#88 8 months ago

PM sent

#89 8 months ago

Run #5 will be:

1) Swydooghe
2) GAP66
3) wcbu64
4) gipinball
5) Medfly
6) Toucan16
7) Coasterguy
8 ) iceman44
9) Gooch
10) Pin-K

Tracking for run #4 will be sent to everyone later tonight.

#90 8 months ago

Photo of run #4:

20200219_145426 (resized).jpg
#91 8 months ago

Just ordered! Elvira isn’t here yet, but your work is top notch. I loved all your RZ stuff and this looks great as well.

#92 8 months ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Found this. I may be ordering a second one with one of these names.[quoted image]

Thanks for this great list. I think Im going to go with "Barry DeLyve" as it gives the mods doors action some context.

#93 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks for this great list. I think Im going to go with "Barry DeLyve" as it gives the mods doors action some context.

Love it

#94 8 months ago

Impatient... impatient... impatient...

#95 8 months ago

Planning to ship run #5 on Monday.

Working through a wall of other orders that were paid before the current Elvira runs, so this run interval is looking a bit slower. Hopefully back to a quicker cadence for run #6 and beyond.

For those that like the behind the scenes look, here's a couple pics I took of the unprepped parts near the final product. The gargoyle and grass/casket sections were designed with interlocking sections for accuracy and strength when gluing them together (posts for the gargoyle, and rectangles on the grass and casket).

Some of the prints come out very stringy (seems hit or miss, and perhaps has something to do with the crazy temperature swings).

The grass pieces are always stringy, but I go over all of them in detail with an exacto knife to cut them away before paint (and during paint as they reveal themselves).

20200219_145932 (resized).jpg20200219_150020 (resized).jpg
#96 8 months ago

Woot! Run number 6 soon then.

#97 8 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Woot! Run number 6 soon then.

You'll be in run #6 for sure. Near 100% retention of the interest list (unexpected based on past interest lists of mine) will likely throw some of my run predictions off for some orders (especially during the period I was inundated with PMs and giving an idea before processing everything).

I'll soon send out final reminders to those that would make run #6 and haven't paid yet, and will post the run #6 list when I know for sure.

#98 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Planning to ship run #5 on Monday.
Working through a wall of other orders that were paid before the current Elvira runs, so this run interval is looking a bit slower. Hopefully back to a quicker cadence for run #6 and beyond.
For those that like the behind the scenes look, here's a couple pics I took of the unprepped parts near the final product. The gargoyle and grass/casket sections were designed with interlocking sections for accuracy and strength when gluing them together (posts for the gargoyle, and rectangles on the grass and casket).
Some of the prints come out very stringy (seems hit or miss, and perhaps has something to do with the crazy temperature swings).
The grass pieces are always stringy, but I go over all of them in detail with an exacto knife to cut them away before paint (and during paint as they reveal themselves).[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a shroud/enclosure for your printer? Helps quite a bit with the temperature swings

#99 8 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you have a shroud/enclosure for your printer? Helps quite a bit with the temperature swings

I don't, but I looked up what that would mean for my machines, and can see that would be cumbersome in an already crowded room.

Of course most of the year we don't have 30-80* temperature swings within 24 hours :p

#100 7 months ago

Well shoot... this mod convinced me to join the Elvira3 club! (LE #383!). I assume I can just send you a PM? I am knocked out by your painting skills...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 378 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside