IMG_0645 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0639 (resized).jpeg
20231223_110025 (resized).jpg
20231223_111257 (resized).jpg
There are 1,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 34.
#1001 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I sold my 40th set for $800 before the demand went through the roof.

So if demand is through the roof is $1000 a fair price?

#1002 1 year ago

I honestly cant believe someone hasnt come up with something similar?? Maybe American could come up with something? They seem to be good at the whole 3D printed mods…

#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

So if demand is through the roof is $1000 a fair price?

His post was referring to the Limited 40th Anniversary set (1 of 40), so not something to gauge a regular set from.

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I honestly cant believe someone hasnt come up with something similar?? Maybe American could come up with something? They seem to be good at the whole 3D printed mods…

Many of the known modders are people I'd consider as friends, even if I've only met a few in person. Safe to say the ones I know wouldn't copy my work.

Several of my past mods have been copied, though thankfully most of those modders asked permission to sell those, and they've all been simple things thus far. Elvira isn't one I'd want to see blatantly taken.

I'd hope anyone that can make such a set uses that skill to make something unique.

#1005 1 year ago

Oh… to be clear…and I worded it very poorly…. I certainly did not want to imply copying your work!!

Your products are in the absolute top tier of mods and everyone knows that. No offense in my comment was intended at all.

Was just attempting to say that if you have moved on your next awesome project with no intent to make more..someone could come up with something similar and sell quite a few!

#1006 1 year ago

Just a quick Thank You to Medisinyl for his awesome work on the Elvira Mod. I was fortunate to get one in his last run, 7 months before I finally received the game to put it on. I have a number of mods on various machines and the quality and looks of this mod is by far my favorite. Thank you again, you're a true artist!

#1007 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Oh… to be clear…and I worded it very poorly…. I certainly did not want to imply copying your work!!
Your products are in the absolute top tier of mods and everyone knows that. No offense in my comment was intended at all.
Was just attempting to say that if you have moved on to your next awesome project with no intent to make more..someone could come up with something similar and sell quite a few!

1 week later
#1008 11 months ago

Hi all
Still looking for a Medisinyl Kit for my Evira if you have one for selling, PM me
Thanks
Jeremy

#1009 11 months ago

Me too !!

#1010 11 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

everal of my past mods have been copied, though thankfully most of those modders asked permission to sell those, and they've all been simple things thus far. Elvira isn't one I'd want to see blatantly taken.

A bunch of us, now that the game is rolling are dying to get this . Truly hope another run can happen.

#1011 11 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Many of the known modders are people I'd consider as friends, even if I've only met a few in person. Safe to say the ones I know wouldn't copy my work.
Several of my past mods have been copied, though thankfully most of those modders asked permission to sell those, and they've all been simple things thus far. Elvira isn't one I'd want to see blatantly taken.
I'd hope anyone that can make such a set uses that skill to make something unique.

no offense, but if you aren't willing to make more I hope someone is able to do this. Not sure why you would want to stop making such a great product, and also prevent others from helping the public get such a great product you created. Why not give them the tools and do some sort of split?

#1012 11 months ago

How many hours did you work on one set? I understand its all handpainted...

#1013 11 months ago
Quoted from JeyC:

Hi all
Still looking for a Medisinyl Kit for my Evira if you have one for selling, PM me
Thanks
Jeremy

I may sell my new set, haven’t decided yet. Text on it is Scared Stiff I believe. Still boxed.

#1014 11 months ago

Also looking for the set, cannot msg for 24 hours yet. just joined. Hey Everyone!

#1015 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Also looking for the set, cannot msg for 24 hours yet. just joined. Hey Everyone!

Welcome to pinside

#1016 11 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I may sell my new set, haven’t decided yet. Text on it is Scared Stiff I believe. Still boxed.

PMed

#1017 11 months ago

I have a new, never used Gonk house I’m open to selling. Not exactly a full set but still a very nice stand alone mod.

IMG_4486 (resized).jpegIMG_4486 (resized).jpeg
#1018 11 months ago

I would say while it’s nice, def not worth the $$$

Somebody else could produce something similar if there was the demand.

Artificial hype that means nothing.

Great game though!

The STH mod is next level great

#1019 11 months ago

I would buy a set of and when it’s available!

#1020 11 months ago

Very happy with the 40th set- the gargoyle slings from back alley look nice too. Ya’ll may want to consider the gargoyles from back alley while they are still available-

Tim

IMG_4063 (resized).jpegIMG_4063 (resized).jpeg
#1021 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would say while it’s nice, def not worth the $$$
Somebody else could produce something similar if there was the demand.
Artificial hype that means nothing.
Great game though!
The STH mod is next level great

Just got my message on STH mod shipping soon. Can’t wait to check it out in person.

1 week later
#1022 11 months ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

Just got my message on STH mod shipping soon. Can’t wait to check it out in person.

new to this thread. What’s the mod? Could you link please?

#1023 11 months ago

Also, looking to pick this machine up! Please do another run!

#1024 11 months ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

new to this thread. What’s the mod? Could you link please?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-stranger-things-no-list-until-fully-revealed

Quoted from fsumassey:

Also, looking to pick this machine up! Please do another run!

Been stuck on Stranger Things the last year with still a very long list to go. Burning out on it and desperately hoping to do something new soon. Going back to a set I made straight for nearly three years wouldn't help the burn out/stagnation :/ (though Elvira was far more lucrative and easier to make than the STh set).

#1025 11 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Going back to a set I made straight for nearly three years wouldn't help the burn out/stagnation

We will be here if things change and if they don't, being in a good mental place always comes first.

#1026 11 months ago

I have a 40th ed set NIB left over (includes the LFS plastic). My game has the standard version installed and I’ve decided not to swap it.

PM if you want to buy, I may list it for sale.

3 weeks later
#1027 10 months ago

A great mod, lots of details

1 month later
#1028 8 months ago

If anyone would be willing to sell a set, would appreciate if you can reach out to me

1 week later
#1029 8 months ago

Hi all;

Do you think it's still possible to dream of buying a set, or is it all over?

#1030 8 months ago
Quoted from macklane:

Hi all;
Do you think it's still possible to dream of buying a set, or is it all over?

The Elvira mods won't come back for typical production, but I'll be donating a couple more sets to Project Pinball for the Expo charity auction this year (if it's like last year, anyone should be able to bid on them online). Possible there would be other charity opportunities in the future, but I expect it would be 2+ years before the next chance (I have next year's donation planned out, and no guarantee on the year after that for Elvira sets).

#1031 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The Elvira mods won't come back for typical production, but I'll be donating a couple more sets to Project Pinball for the Expo charity auction this year (if it's like last year, anyone should be able to bid on them online). Possible there would be other charity opportunities in the future, but I expect it would be 2+ years before the next chance (I have next year's donation planned out, and no guarantee on the year after that for Elvira sets).

Something special planned again? Love the set you did last year!

#1032 8 months ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I have a new, never used Gonk house I’m open to selling. Not exactly a full set but still a very nice stand alone mod.
[quoted image]

did you sell this?

#1033 8 months ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Haven't fully decided on the casket style(s) yet. Wouldn't be as fancy as the Lyman set, but they'll at least have some added detail over standard.

#1034 8 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

In any case, thank you a thousand times over for your feedback, it's very kind of you!

1 month later
#1035 7 months ago

Should have both Charity LE sets done by Monday or so to reveal.

These will be for the Project Pinball charity auction at Expo (should be online bidding available).

Theming on this one is Vampire/Dracula, and will have a Drac head and stake/cross instead of the skull/dagger from the other LE sets.

Tombstone will be present, but will be Barry O. (instead of LFS).

Cross flap tops (cross in the style of the 1958/Lee film). Elvira text and a different cross in center.

All set pieces will be bloodied in some way.

Originally planned for the Lyman set to be the last, but between still being on STh production and the recent Elvira re-run, it seemed like making another couple sets for charity would be a good route this time around.

20230921_203258 (resized).jpg20230921_203258 (resized).jpg
#1036 7 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

These will be for the Project Pinball charity auction at Expo (should be online bidding available).
Theming on this one is Vampire/Dracula, and will have a Drac head and stake/cross instead of the skull/dagger from the other LE sets.
Cross flap tops (cross in the style of the 1958/Lee film). Elvira text and a different cross in center.
Originally planned for the Lyman set to be the last, but between still being on STh production and the recent Elvira re-run, it seemed like making another couple sets for charity would be a good route this time around.[quoted image]

Oh man! Amazing! Just confirmed online bidding is on again this year so I’m definitely in for the bidding!

#1037 7 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Originally planned for the Lyman set to be the last, but between still being on STh production and the recent Elvira re-run, it seemed like making another couple sets for charity would be a good route this time around.[quoted image]

Greg, let me say that your continued support of the charity donating such great mods is appreciated!

#1038 7 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Greg, let me say that your continued support of the charity donating such great mods is appreciated!

Happy to do it, and I appreciate the charity

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Another teaser here for now as I get through the rest. 20230924_145833 (resized).jpg20230924_145833 (resized).jpg

#1039 7 months ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Haven't fully decided on the casket style(s) yet. Wouldn't be as fancy as the Lyman set, but they'll at least have some added detail over standard.

Seems I spoke too soon. Plan evolved from merely producing a standard casket, but with unique lid tops...to making a set at least on par with the Lyman set IMO. 40th still the set with the most creative thought and features.

These LE sets have all wound up taking me more time to figure out than it did to conceptualize and design the whole original set But with the time gap from last doing these, it's been a fun project.

20230926_202158 (resized).jpg20230926_202158 (resized).jpg20230926_202144 (resized).jpg20230926_202144 (resized).jpg20230926_202031 (resized).jpg20230926_202031 (resized).jpg20230926_201646 (resized).jpg20230926_201646 (resized).jpg20230926_201623 (resized).jpg20230926_201623 (resized).jpg20230926_201601 (resized).jpg20230926_201601 (resized).jpg20230926_201535 (resized).jpg20230926_201535 (resized).jpg
#1040 7 months ago

Can you make the head, cross and stake for older models available? Sure would be nice to jazz things up.

#1041 7 months ago

just wow, you have great talent. well done- so this is the charity set ? is there a link for online bidding ?

#1042 7 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

just wow, you have great talent. well done- so this is the charity set ? is there a link for online bidding ?

Should be up during Expo in mid October

Charity auction thread is here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-pinball-goes-2-expo-auction-raffles-karaoke-and-more

I may update with a link here as well when it goes live.

Quoted from Oneironaut:

Can you make the head, cross and stake for older models available? Sure would be nice to jazz things up.

No.

1 week later
#1043 6 months ago

#1044 6 months ago

Unfortunately it's come to my attention that my design has been stolen, down to every detail. I thought perhaps some day someone may make something deritivive, but never though someone would so blatantly copy my work.

Never wanted to have to go back on my word of being discontinued, but feel I should defend it in some way.

Going to ask permission from the person I made these dagger lids for, but my tentative intention is to use these special lids and use the Elvira Mistess of the Dark lid (version with the eyes--this was the most requested standard casket I had made previously). Would make this a notch above what has been stolen thus far.

All sets identical. Will help me juggle the massive STh list (may hire more help).

Pricing is $369 shipped within the US (will determine international later on).

Will include the V2 version of the gargoyle, Gonk's dog house, and the grass pieces.

Please make a post here if interested (PMs have been very hectic lately).

[quality will be closer to what was seen later on in the runs vs. the older photos here]

elv2 (resized).jpgelv2 (resized).jpg

#1045 6 months ago

That's a bummer. But yes please, interested.

#1046 6 months ago

I’m interested

#1047 6 months ago

Im 100% in. Sorry about the theft but love the set and want to support you!

#1048 6 months ago

WTF...... I freaking hate thieves, AND the people who buy stolen stuff.

Worthless, classless, talentless hacks.

I'm very sorry some butthole did this to you Medi.
The worst part is freaking cheap people think they are entitled to other people's hard work for free.

Hate them all.

#1049 6 months ago

Good grief I sold my EHOH and this post makes me want to buy another set of those mods from you.

#1050 6 months ago

Please add me to the list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,663 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.