IMG_0645 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0639 (resized).jpeg
20231223_110025 (resized).jpg
20231223_111257 (resized).jpg
There are 1,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 34.
#901 1 year ago

Who or what is "Stiffton" Deadhead?

#902 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Who or what is "Stiffton" Deadhead?

A couple of the previous answers here :

Quoted from Medisinyl:

"Stiffton" was a bit of a throw to Scared Stiff--in that game, the Stiff in the coffin has a top hat, which I see as a "high society" accessory. The "ton" suffix is often associated with high society (old Britain) and wealthy characters (Thurston Howell for example). DeadHead is obvious I imagine

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Something to this effect:
"It's a throw to Scared Stiff, while making it a name. The "stiff in the coffin" has a top hat, indicative of "high society/fashion," which is where the "ton" suffix comes in...an old UK term, referencing high society and fashion. DeadHead helping tie it in with the games further."
While it's been a very popular choice many have liked, I didn't expect everyone to want that, which is why the customs were an option early on.

#903 1 year ago

Now that is interesting. I googled it but obviously could not find a single answer.

Cool that you put so much thought into that. Nice reference

#904 1 year ago

I'd like to be added to your list for a full set please.

thanks

#905 1 year ago

Hi Put me on the list for "Elvira" Thank you.

#906 1 year ago

Put me on the list for a full set.

Thanks!

#907 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for a full set with (E) Elvira style. Thanks.

#908 1 year ago

Please put me on the list for a full set for Elvira. Thanks!

#909 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for a full set.
Thanks,
Bret Carter

#910 1 year ago

Reposting this here as it got cut off on the last page:

"For those getting on the list, please let me know which of the three styles pictured below that you'd like for your set. Stiffton, Elvira, or Scared Stiff."

29237dd624832079c6e3d6097d753a8d726d6d5b (resized).jpg29237dd624832079c6e3d6097d753a8d726d6d5b (resized).jpg
#911 1 year ago

Get me on that list please! Put me down for option 3, Elvira Mistress of the Dark.

#912 1 year ago

I would like a v2 Scared Stiff casket and Gargoyle please. Don’t need the other pieces but will take the full set if needed. Thanks!

#913 1 year ago

Option 3 for my order
Mistress of the dark

#914 1 year ago

1) Concretehardt
2) markdw (?)
3-8) DiamondDog (4x E + 2x S)
9) mzhulk (SS)
10) Drunken_Idaho (E)
11) J_Striker (S)
12) Pin_Gizoms (SS)
13) EightBitLife (E)
14) JackG (E)
15) Jj557 (E)
16) WizzardRob (S)
17) Pinderfv (S)
18) EJT48 (SS)
19) mettle64 (S)
20) Matt68061 (S-)
21) gprotein (E)
22) chewiec (S)
23) pinb1 (?)
24) jjgnx87 (E)
25) MachineGunGuy (E)
26) bestbrad (E)
27) D-Train (E)
28) Lilpro66 (E)
29) Ruenin (E)
30) jfh (SS-)
31) Floorman34 (SS)
32) Faust (E)
33) jake35 (E)
34) Sethman (E)
35) TheCnyPinGuy (?)
36) katusoroa (?)
37) neohalo (E)
38) Pinballrocks (?)
39) jtaudio (?)

Added 19 months ago:

23) > (SS)

35) > (S)

Overflow list (in case I make a set for the list that doesn't get paid for):

1) RGman

#915 1 year ago

Man, end of an era. I'm surprised that there are still an owners left that don't have this kit!

#916 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Man, end of an era. I'm surprised that there are still an owners left that don't have this kit!

I’m an early buyer but want the v2 versions

#917 1 year ago

got mine a few weeks ago and I just want to say how beautiful they are. the craftsmanship is there obvs but even more importantly (imo) is the, "wtf-these-aren't-stock??" feeling I get when I look at these. they blend in like they belong and they stand out to the careful eye. and the "cheap thrill" (but tasteful) of when the tomb flips when the ball passes through is such a nice touch to give a non-electrical mod some movement.

i'm on the list for their stranger things mod and really looking forward to it! i guess i should consider myself lucky that the Medisinyl team(?) keeps doing mods of pins that I own and honestly even if I didn't own SThings, the mod is so elite it would factor into a future purchase decision.

#918 1 year ago

Put me down for a v2 set.
Elvira casket.
Thanks.

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Sad to see this one go for sure. It's a milestone that's tied to several life events for me (both good and bad).

And yeah, I lost count a long time ago, but there's a lot of them out there .

Quoted from raycasual:

got mine a few weeks ago and I just want to say how beautiful they are. the craftsmanship is there obvs but even more importantly (imo) is the, "wtf-these-aren't-stock??" feeling I get when I look at these. they blend in like they belong and they stand out to the careful eye. and the "cheap thrill" (but tasteful) of when the tomb flips when the ball passes through is such a nice touch to give a non-electrical mod some movement.
i'm on the list for their stranger things mod and really looking forward to it! i guess i should consider myself lucky that the Medisinyl team(?) keeps doing mods of pins that I own and honestly even if I didn't own SThings, the mod is so elite it would factor into a future purchase decision.

Thank you!

And as for "team," it's still just Marissa and I for now, but aiming to get more help soon. Otherwise, I'm the only one that tackles designing the mods.

I had mentioned Marissa in the AMH thread, as I hired her in Feb. 2021, and her help has been what enabled me to design the AMH set, and take on some of these more daunting projects such as STh. I was buried under a 6 month backlog at the time and unable to create anything new to move forward (which is why some mods were discontinued a bit prematurely at the time).

She's a friend of mine that had been an art teacher, and timing worked out where she could really use a job like this, and being able to offer this to her is another reason to thank everyone for the strong support.

She's been the one painting the majority of the mods since Feb. 2021.
marissa (resized).jpgmarissa (resized).jpg

#921 1 year ago

PMs sent for the next 11 sets (*). Shipping Friday.

1) Concretehardt
2) markdw (?)
3-8) DiamondDog (4x E + 2x S) *
9) mzhulk (SS) *
10) Drunken_Idaho (E) *
11) J_Striker (S) *
12) Pin_Gizmos (SS) *
13) EightBitLife (E) *
14) JackG (E)
15) Jj557 (E)
16) WizzardRob (S)
17) Pinderfv (S)
18) EJT48 (SS)
19) mettle64 (S)
20) Matt68061 (S-)
21) gprotein (E)
22) chewiec (S)
23) pinb1 (SS)
24) jjgnx87 (E)
25) MachineGunGuy (E)
26) bestbrad (E)
27) D-Train (E)
28) Lilpro66 (E)
29) Ruenin (E)
30) jfh (SS-)
31) Floorman34 (SS)
32) Faust (E)
33) jake35 (E)
34) Sethman (E)
35) TheCnyPinGuy (S)
36) katusoroa (?)
37) neohalo (E)
38) Pinballrocks (?)
39) jtaudio (?)

1) RGman
2) ECanup122

1 week later
#922 1 year ago

I'll send messages out for the next batch by tomorrow night.

To make good on my promise of making a few old customs at the end here, I've made the three pictured below.

These are on a first come basis, and available to anyone that claims them first (part of a full set).

GoodHead and EHOH may now be one of two each, and the George Romero may be one of four or so.

I'll update as sets are claimed.

NOTE: If you're already on the list and want to switch your choice to one of these instead, just let me know.

A thread post may be best for me to know for sure who claimed a set first (will also post to the master thread).

House of Horrors: **Claimed** (Mad_Dog_Coin_Op)

GoodHead: **Claimed**

20220916_191426 (resized).jpg20220916_191426 (resized).jpg

Added 19 months ago:

GoodHead: **Claimed** PBMAN

Added 19 months ago:

Romero: **Claimed** (matlynch91)

#924 1 year ago

Hello. I’ll take a EHOH as well. If all spoken for I’ll take a Good Head. Thanks.

#925 1 year ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello. I’ll take a EHOH as well. If all spoken for I’ll take a Good Head. Thanks.

Only one of each was made. After it had been up for a bit, I claimed GoodHead for myself, but I'll let you take it (I thought if I kept it that I'd add red glitter to the lips and "blood" drips, then decide if I'd keep it for myself or add to the charity donation this year [I do like that one and the innuendo with the drips seemed fitting for Elvira]).

It's in my best interest to focus 100% on the overwhelming STh list as soon as possible, so these were to make good on my promise from earlier in the year (before STh, I thought perhaps I'd make more at this point, but three seemed to be a fair compromise over skipping them).

#926 1 year ago

Oh man...... Goodhead is awesome....

If it wasn't taken already I'd say "I'll take it!!!".

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Oh man...... Goodhead is awesome....
If it wasn't taken already I'd say "I'll take it!!!".

Maybe I'll be bidding on the charity auction......

#928 1 year ago

Those with * should ship on Tuesday (PMs sent).

Parts for the final run are being prepped this week to ship by the end of the month.

Mad_Dog_Coin_Op *
PBMAN *
matLynch91 *

1) Concretehardt (S) *
2) markdw (E)
3-8) DiamondDog (4x E + 2x S) * + Faust (E)

14) JackG (E) *
15) Jj557 (E) *
16) WizzardRob (S) *
17) Pinderfv (S) *
18) EJT48 (SS) *
19) mettle64 (S) *
20) ------------
21) gprotein (E) *
22) chewiec (S) *
23) pinb1 (SS) *
24) jjgnx87 (E) *
25) MachineGunGuy (E)
26) bestbrad (E)
27) D-Train (E)
28) Lilpro66 (E)
29) Ruenin (E)
30) jfh (SS-)
31) Floorman34 (SS)
32) Faust (E) *moved to the group order above*
33) jake35 (E)
34) Sethman (E)
35) TheCnyPinGuy (S)
36) katusoroa (S)
37) neohalo (E)
38) Pinballrocks (E)

1) RGman
2) ECanup122

Added 19 months ago:

Overflow: 3) MattW123456

#929 1 year ago

I’ll take George Romero if not already spoken for. Thank you.

#930 1 year ago

I'm in for anything available

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from markdw:

I'm in for anything available

Same… unfortunately late to the party

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from MattW123456:

Same… unfortunately late to the party

I've added you to the overflow list in spot #3. Aiming to not have any overflow, but if anything is left unpaid, I'll go down the list in order to offer whatever is left.

-----------------------

Cleaned/updated list:

- DiamondDog (4x E + 2x S) * + Faust (E) (these 7 are complete).
- gprotein (E) * MIA (EDIT: Unclaimed--going toward final run)

Will send out messages for the rest by this weekend.

1) markdw (E)
2) MachineGunGuy (E)
3) bestbrad (E)
4) D-Train (E)
5) Lilpro66 (E)
6) Ruenin (E)
7) jfh (SS-)
8) Floorman34 (SS)
9) jake35 (E)
10) Sethman (E)
11) TheCnyPinGuy (S)
12) katusoroa (S)
13) neohalo (E)
14) Pinballrocks (E)

1) RGman
2) ECanup122
3) MattW123456

#933 1 year ago

Waiting for mine

#934 1 year ago

I'm really sorry I missed out on Medisinyl's run of mods. I was late to the party I just acquired a HOH nib from local disto this past week. If anyone has any mods for sale please PM. Much appreciated.

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from markdw:

I'm really sorry I missed out on Medisinyl's run of mods. I was late to the party I just acquired a HOH nib from local disto this past week. If anyone has any mods for sale please PM. Much appreciated.

Messages are going out for this last run within the next hour.

As you were already on the list, you did make it into the final run as we had talked about in PM last week.

#936 1 year ago

I will be acquiring an EHOH Prem and would love to have these mods. If anyone has these available for purchase at any point, please let me know.

Thanks!

#937 1 year ago

I had to back out of this, unfortunately. I just can't justify it when I don't even know when I'm getting my machine, if ever. I hate that Stern isn't being more forthcoming. Congrats to whomever got my slot.

#938 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Messages are going out for this last run within the next hour.
As you were already on the list, you did make it into the final run as we had talked about in PM last week.

Yes sorry should have been more specific on this post. I meant anything above and beyond this last run if there was other mods I may have missed. Thanks for hooking me up!

#939 1 year ago

Hi Greg,

just a quick thank you. The Mod arrived at my door in Germany today. The shipment was handled by DHL in Germany which is a good thing! No delay or weird postal issues. The Mod parts were very carefully packed and got here safely!

The mod looks fantastic! I have to say the detail is stunning. Very nice quality feel and such a beautiful paintjob. THANK YOU!

20220929_154328_resized (resized).jpg20220929_154328_resized (resized).jpg

20220929_154335_resized (resized).jpg20220929_154335_resized (resized).jpg

20220929_154403_resized (resized).jpg20220929_154403_resized (resized).jpg

20220929_154439_resized (resized).jpg20220929_154439_resized (resized).jpg

20220929_154559_resized (resized).jpg20220929_154559_resized (resized).jpg

#940 1 year ago

Just updating here to confirm that the final Elvira sets were all paid for and shipped out Tuesday earlier this week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll update again once I have a finished version of the charity auction set (parts are done, so it should be soon if finish experiments go well).

#941 1 year ago

I got my mods early on and I still love them. Thank you so much for all that you have done for this game. You do not get enough praise for them. I hope you next run of mods are just as popular as these.

#942 1 year ago

Hi Med, please can you add me to the reserve list? Thank you.

#943 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hi Med, please can you add me to the reserve list? Thank you.

I appreciate your interest, but as noted above, all sets were paid for and shipped, so the last set available from me will be the charity auction set (Project Pinball at Expo).

These are permanently discontinued.

Sorry again to anyone that missed out.

I did what I could to bring up the Sept. deadline over the last 7+ months or so, and had to draw the line somewhere to be able to move forward (ideally I would have cut Elvira sooner once faced with the overwhelming Stranger Things list, but I wanted to stick to my word on the Sept. date I set before the STh reveal).

Posting interest here or in the master thread may help locate a second hand set.

#944 1 year ago

Hi All,

if anyone out there has a second hand set or not using please PM me I am very interested in grabbing a set.

cheers

#945 1 year ago

Charity Auction set:

Only set to have gold hinges, gold Gonk lettering, gold Gargoyle eyes, black glitter lettering (and pinball machine), and of course the unique Lyman casket itself.

I brought back the skull and dagger under the lids (from the 40th) for this special set.
20220930_213349 (resized).jpg20220930_213349 (resized).jpg20220930_213430 (resized).jpg20220930_213430 (resized).jpg20220930_213553 (resized).jpg20220930_213553 (resized).jpg20220930_213916 (resized).jpg20220930_213916 (resized).jpg

#946 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Charity Auction set:
Only set to have gold hinges, gold Gonk lettering, gold Gargoyle eyes, black glitter lettering (and pinball machine), and of course the unique Lyman casket itself.
I brought back the skull and dagger under the lids (from the 40th) for this special set.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Greg, it looks great and we are honored to have it available at the charity auction at Expo!

#947 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Thanks Greg, it looks great and we are honored to have it available at the charity auction at Expo!

Will the Expo auction be available to those not at Expo?

#948 1 year ago

Super beautiful.

What a wonderful edition.

#949 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate your interest, but as noted above, all sets were paid for and shipped, so the last set available from me will be the charity auction set (Project Pinball at Expo).
These are permanently discontinued.
Sorry again to anyone that missed out.
I did what I could to bring up the Sept. deadline over the last 7+ months or so, and had to draw the line somewhere to be able to move forward (ideally I would have cut Elvira sooner once faced with the overwhelming Stranger Things list, but I wanted to stick to my word on the Sept. date I set before the STh reveal).
Posting interest here or in the master thread may help locate a second hand set.

Sorry I did read the last few pages of this thread but totally missed that. I checked in a few weeks ago and knew September was the end but then life took over a bit...

Dear all, I'm interested in a second hand set. Please contact me if you ever think about selling. Thank you!

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Will the Expo auction be available to those not at Expo?

Unfortunately no. Anyone on-site can bid and will be contacted if they win, they don't have to be at or near the booth at that time. But we do need them to pick up the item(s) as we aren't able to ship them. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 12.95
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,000 (Firm)
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,661 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/19?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.