IMG_0645 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0641 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0640 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0639 (resized).jpeg
20231223_110025 (resized).jpg
20231223_111257 (resized).jpg

There are 1,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 33.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

money ready! Any idea where i am?

You were quoted for run #23 or #24. Some that were quoted for #22 will make it into run #21.

Will continue down my list as others back out.

#552 2 years ago

well lets hope enough drop out that I'm at least in batch 22 !

#554 2 years ago

PM Sent. Interested in purchasing a Full Mechanical Mod Set. Thanks!

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Aiming to ship run #21 on Friday.

Looking like Sat. is more likely for shipping. Monday at the latest.

Had a couple set backs with failed customs during prep stages but all good this time around. Hoping to be finished with paint tomorrow if possible.

#556 2 years ago

Pm sent. I would like to get on the list.

#557 2 years ago

I'm going to order a second set. I foolishly sold my EHOH, and when I inevitably get another one, I want to make sure that I don't have to stress about getting a set of these again.

Also, I was wondering Greg, does the painting/drybrushing of the pieces ever get old? I do miniature painting as another hobby, and painting the rank-and-file figures with the same color-scheme over and over can be tiresome. Although, good tunes or a podcast do help with the monotony.

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm going to order a second set. I foolishly sold my EHOH, and when I inevitably get another one, I want to make sure that I don't have to stress about getting a set of these again.
Also, I was wondering Greg, does the painting/drybrushing of the pieces ever get old? I do miniature painting as another hobby, and painting the rank-and-file figures with the same color-scheme over and over can be tiresome. Although, good tunes or a podcast do help with the monotony.

Before the Elvira boom, it wasn't so bad as new mod development happened at a satisfying rate (I always feel the need to be creating in some way, and of course want to bring new options to the hobby).

With years of ideas backed up, and new games coming out, it is indeed a bit of a monotonous grind to have to finish existing orders before releasing new mods (or even have the time to develop), but clearly everyone is very appreciative and enjoying the mods, so I still feel like I'm making a positive impact.

TMNT proved it was a mistake to release those amidst other long backlogs, but it was a theme I really wanted to tackle (created less than 50% of my ideas there).

I used to play Warhammer 40k in the mid 90s, and painting the figures was perhaps my favorite part

Hired help has been a bit more hit or miss on availability the last couple weeks, but has undoubtedly helped speed up the process overall, and the days I have someone helping out makes it easier to focus.

#559 2 years ago

While there will be one final unique custom due to a late decision on a a paid run #21 order, here's what's otherwise the final unique customs for these mods.

Most previous customs will still be an upgrade option while I'm still making these consecutive runs, but once caught up, the custom option will likely be limited to the two most popular ones, which is the Scared Stiff casket with webbing/spider, and the Elvira Mistress of the Dark casket with the eyes.
20210426_152236 (resized).jpg20210426_152236 (resized).jpg

#560 2 years ago

Run #21 did ship out today. Tracking numbers will be sent out by tomorrow morning (EDIT: sent).

I should have run #22 messages sent out Thursday or so.

#561 2 years ago

Messages have been shipping out for run #22. Should ship within 2 weeks (often seems to take a week to get a full list finalized, but can ship sooner than 2 weeks if everyone finalizes payment and options quickly).

I'll updates this list as payment come in:

1) Cosplay
2) marspinball
3) jake35
4) dapperdan24
5) 6T9Judge
6)
7)
8 )
9)
10)
11)
12)

Added over 3 years ago:

6) Utesichiban

Added over 3 years ago:

7) ultimategameroom

Added over 3 years ago:

8 ) Rocket69 (x2)
9) Cooked71

Added over 3 years ago:

10) JosiahCox

Added over 3 years ago:

11) Cheeks

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Aiming to ship run #22 by Friday.

I think you need back ups now!

#564 2 years ago

I would be more than happy to jump from group 23 to group 22!

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think you need back ups now!

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I would be more than happy to jump from group 23 to group 22!

I appreciate the enthusiasm

You're next on the list, GotFrogs. You'll both make it into run #23 (wc on the tail end).

#22 already has 12 paid sets, and the caskets/gargoyles are going into paint stages tomorrow.

There are two others from the initial message batch that I'll expand to if I get a confirmation within the next few hours (need time to print, assemble, and prep for paint by tomorrow). Since hiring help, I need to keep more to a schedule, but anyone that misses the cutoff can be placed in the next run.

#566 2 years ago

Currently running out to a DMV appointment.

Still hoping to ship today if possible, but may get stuck shipping tomorrow.

For now, here's the caskets from this run before clear (everything else is complete). Don't recall being asked for a blank one before, so it may be a first.

20210507_131400 (resized).jpg20210507_131400 (resized).jpg
#567 2 years ago

Run #22 is complete and will ship out tomorrow.

Already have a chunk of progress on run #23, so it will also ship quickly once spots and options are confirmed. EDIT (as I received a few PMs): I have yet to send messages out for run #23. I just meant Gonk houses have been painted, flasher grass has been painted, gargoyles printed and assembled, and casket/grass bases have been printed and assembled. I'll post a list here once I send out the first message batch. Juggling other mods between runs as well.

New interest is currently positioned for run #25. A PM gets you on the list.

#568 2 years ago

Run #22 got shipped out earlier today. Should have tracking messages sent out by tonight.

#569 2 years ago

Hopeful that I am still going to land in #23.

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Hopeful that I am still going to land in #23.

Intending to get messages out tonight. You're definitely in.

#571 2 years ago

Messages have been sent for run #23. I'll start posting the list once some spots are confirmed/paid.

New interest is tentatively filling for run #26 (only one spot into it thus far, so may make run #25 if some ahead back out or I make a larger run #24/25).

#572 2 years ago

I received mine today and they look fantastic. I can't wait to get them in my game. Thank you very much!!

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I received mine today and they look fantastic. I can't wait to get them in my game. Thank you very much!!

Glad they arrived safely to OZ, and I appreciate the positive feedback

I wonder how many open their mods and immediately flip their fingers through the casket flaps..I can only imagine it's hard to resist, but nobody ever mentions it. Sorry to those that are thinking, "get out of my head."

---------------------

Run #23 thus far:

1) 03whtlighting
2) Mdanielb
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
+?

#574 2 years ago

I add some lights to it

4C188A17-8549-419E-81F3-8C7C644019EF (resized).jpeg4C188A17-8549-419E-81F3-8C7C644019EF (resized).jpegBEDDD59C-4492-4E16-B83E-080472237052 (resized).jpegBEDDD59C-4492-4E16-B83E-080472237052 (resized).jpegCAA40F03-A592-44D7-86E1-7AFF1A1243A8 (resized).jpegCAA40F03-A592-44D7-86E1-7AFF1A1243A8 (resized).jpeg
#575 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I add some lights to it[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. Can the lights be seen when the flaps open? If so, a short video clip/GIF would be neat to see

#576 2 years ago

Yes but goes very quick, will try to show it later

#577 2 years ago
317F6FF0-048F-4D1C-A91E-95BDA8F2D59D (resized).png317F6FF0-048F-4D1C-A91E-95BDA8F2D59D (resized).png
#579 2 years ago

Run #23 thus far:

1) 03whtlighting
2) Mdanielb
3) Patricesaui
4)wcbrandes
5)HopBeard
6) DVDA
7) GotFrogs
8) BOB-G
9) Rocket82
10) NStone4425 (pending)
11) thommo
12) visualmagic (pending)
13) Hillel (pending)

#580 2 years ago

Aiming to ship run #23 on Thursday, 5/20, and will move forward with confirmed orders on Monday.

Run #23:

1) 03whtlighting
2) Mdanielb
3) Patricesaui
4)wcbrandes
5)HopBeard
6) DVDA
7) GotFrogs
8) BOB-G
9) Rocket82
10) NStone4425
11) thommo
12) visualmagic (pending)
13) Hillel

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT: visualmagic confirmed.

#581 2 years ago

You should have my payment. I sent it right away.

#582 2 years ago

Why don’t you make the same mod for Walking Dead... when the ball goes thru it lifts up a wooden crate revealing a zombie

That would be a big hit.

#583 2 years ago

Sirlonzelot you did a great job there with that! Are there little images that flip up underneath the hatches when they pop up too or was that my eyes playing tricks on me?

My plan was to try and figure out little beady LED red eyes in there somehow or something..but little flip images like that may be even more effective! Howd you get the lights in there? Connected to GI? Great job looks awesome

Wanted to say too; medisinyl.. your 3d printed wood looks great. I think if you ever went for a tiki bar build for this game its got a great texture for it. Your mods are so so sick man. If I were designing a pin Id hire you on the spot for all the 3d crafting hands down. The TMNT mods look incredible.. you totally got the subtle charm of pinball toy sculpting down. Im not even sure how to describe what makes a mod toy really feel authentic.. but I sure know when it doesnt have that simple magic. I could think a few new games in particular that .. well.. lol i wont go into that

I think my fav mod toys directly correspond to themes, colors, proportions, take into consideration the playfield as a whole (and are of course in some way interactive). Absolutely love stuff that obscrures the ball in creative ways too, or allows the ball to pass id out of them without interfering. Its amazing how much a good mod can really add

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

You should have my payment. I sent it right away.

Correct, you're listed at #7 The full run will ship at the same time. Thanks again

Quoted from drfrightner:

Why don’t you make the same mod for Walking Dead... when the ball goes thru it lifts up a wooden crate revealing a zombie
That would be a big hit.

Vimtoman did just that, and it's awesome, with a servo controlled zombie/lid: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-crate

Top notch quality mod. There are a few photos of my machine in his thread (several modders represented).

Quoted from KlownHammer:

Sirlonzelot you did a great job there with that! Are there little images that flip up underneath the hatches when they pop up too or was that my eyes playing tricks on me?
My plan was to try and figure out little beady LED red eyes in there somehow or something..but little flip images like that may be even more effective! Howd you get the lights in there? Connected to GI? Great job looks awesome
Wanted to say too; medisinyl.. your 3d printed wood looks great. I think if you ever went for a tiki bar build for this game its got a great texture for it. Your mods are so so sick man. If I were designing a pin Id hire you on the spot for all the 3d crafting hands down. The TMNT mods look incredible.. you totally got the subtle charm of pinball toy sculpting down. Im not even sure how to describe what makes a mod toy really feel authentic.. but I sure know when it doesnt have that simple magic. I could think a few new games in particular that .. well.. lol i wont go into that
I think my fav mod toys directly correspond to themes, colors, proportions, take into consideration the playfield as a whole (and are of course in some way interactive). Absolutely love stuff that obscrures the ball in creative ways too, or allows the ball to pass id out of them without interfering. Its amazing how much a good mod can really add

I appreciate the glowing feedback. It means a lot to see how some of what I've created is perceived.

Sometimes it's just a matter of enjoying putting weeks or months into one project, which I fortunately do Or the innate fear of failing, rather than any special skill on my part (my CAD skills are poor, but my desire to create is strong).

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Yes there are deadheads on sticker that I had taken from the screen.
There is one led at the scoop and one Led strip in the casket. First I connected both to the gi. Now I change the led strip to the flasher near the casket, which gives it more effects
5F5F0A8C-E681-445B-8E16-6A4C83175204 (resized).jpeg5F5F0A8C-E681-445B-8E16-6A4C83175204 (resized).jpeg939057CB-1893-4CBF-B1B0-EFD8A302DF33 (resized).jpeg939057CB-1893-4CBF-B1B0-EFD8A302DF33 (resized).jpeg

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yes there are deadheads I taking from the screen.
There is one led at the scoop and one Led strip in the casket. First I connected both to the gi. Now I change the led strip to the flasher near the casket, which gives it more effects[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome! Thank you for the photos

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That would be a big hit.

Someone on here made an amazing mod for The Walking Dead that does exactly what you say but even better. I think his user name is Vimtoman. Read the last 10 or so pages of TWD club thread.

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Someone on here made an amazing mod for The Walking Dead that does exactly what you say but even better. I think his user name is Vimtoman. Read the last 10 or so pages of TWD club thread.

Indeed--the link can be found in my earlier post (message #584). It's awesome.

#589 2 years ago

Sirlonzelot; so brilliant! The effect is spectacular. Big points for wiring into the flasher.. was that a pretty straight forward process? Like.. just leads from the strip clamped to the flasher wires under the playfield or something more complex? Im so bad with electrical stuff that id be worried running extra lights off some circuit would mess with the electrical distribution somehow..but apparently quite safe for the machine?

Nonetheless, great job!

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

was that a pretty straight forward process? Like.. just leads from the strip clamped to the flasher wires

Yes was easy. Directly to flasher

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Aiming to ship run #23 on Thursday, 5/20, and will move forward with confirmed orders on Monday.
Run #23:
1) 03whtlighting
2) Mdanielb
3) Patricesaui
4)wcbrandes
5)HopBeard
6) DVDA
7) GotFrogs
8) BOB-G
9) Rocket82
10) NStone4425
11) thommo
12) visualmagic
13) Hillel
14) Swoods5688

Looking like Friday is the more likely ship date on this run (certainly no later). Quote updated to reflect the final 14 set run list.

#592 2 years ago

Will there be another run? I'd like another set

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Will there be another run? I'd like another set

No plans to discontinue the remaining Elvira mods anytime soon (just the pops and unique customs have been discontinued [previous customs are still an opton at $10 while consecutive runs are being made).

Current interest is estimated to be placed in the middle/later half of run #26 (at the latest).

Shipping run #23 tomorrow (should be completed today, but looking like it will be cut too close to make the final pickup time).

#594 2 years ago

Excellent, put me down if you would for the doghouse+crypt+gargoyle VUK+grass

#595 2 years ago

Run #23 shipped out today and all tracking numbers have been sent. I'll send out messages for run #24 sometime during next week.

#596 2 years ago

Just updating that new interest is now tentatively filling toward run #27 (some early spots may still make it into run #26 if some ahead back out).

Focusing on other mods this week, but aiming for Wed/Thurs to start sending out run #24 messages.

#597 2 years ago

I got my kit today and love it. I knew I would like it but had no idea how easy it would be to install. It only took me 5 minutes and I did not even have to lift the playfield! I am a very happy customer. Thanks!

Here are my before and after pictures.

D9ED49FA-6026-41B2-8497-7EAC306618A4 (resized).jpegD9ED49FA-6026-41B2-8497-7EAC306618A4 (resized).jpegE1494683-6CAA-412C-91ED-25832894A11B (resized).jpegE1494683-6CAA-412C-91ED-25832894A11B (resized).jpeg
#598 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my kit today and love it. I knew I would like it but had no idea how easy it would be to install. It only took me 5 minutes and I did not even have to lift the playfield! I am a very happy customer. Thanks!
Here are my before and after pictures.[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to know they met expectations, and thank you for the photos. I don't recall seeing those art blades before, but I like how the mod seems to blend well with the colors

#599 2 years ago

I think they match very well. These are the art blades I have. Very happy with the quality of them as well.
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-sideblades/

#600 2 years ago

Messages have been sent out for run #24. This left a few that were quoted #24 OR #25 un-messaged for now, but safe to say those will make it into run #25 if not into this batch (will continue down the list if any back out).

Run #24:

1) fred33
2) Vitty (pending)
3) frg
4) eharan
5) CooperS (pending)
6) jeffspinballpalace
7) dabear007
8 )
9)
10)
11)
12)

Note: New interest (through PM) is tentatively filling the later half of run #27.

Added over 3 years ago:

8 ) KlownHammer

Added over 3 years ago:

5) CooperS

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 1,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.