FB_IMG_1568489621898 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-152813_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190914-152817_Instagram (resized).jpg
20190913_163511 (resized).jpg
jerk store (resized).jpg
20190606_224020 (resized).jpg
09016ef437ba01be1c8edb6827cd38cb[1] (resized).jpg
e3 shooter (resized).jpg
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 4 years ago

What, no large playfield torso of her where each boob is a bash toy? Looks like it might be good. Stern’s ‘fan’ layout is growing on me, particularly since BKSoR. But this playfield looks a bit thin for an LE.

#152 4 years ago

I’m holding out for the “ Super Duper “ LE at 20k . It’ll come with a different trans light and alternate design key fob soooo - totally worth the extra coin !

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I’m holding out for the “ Super Duper “ LE at 20k .

Apparently they call those "Signature Edition" now!

#154 4 years ago

I'm trying so hard not to judge a pinball before i play. I really am. Like judging a book by its cover. But damn, i dont like the cover Elvira is showing me. The layout, colors, art package.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm trying so hard not to judge a pinball before i play. I really am. Like judging a book by its cover. But damn, i dont like the cover Elvira is showing me. The layout, colors, art package.

Yah, same here.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:I usually respect and value your opinion on all things pinball. But I like the haunted mansion and deadhead family crypt and gargoyle leapers and other elements on this playfield, and to keep them all but shuffle their locations around just to avoid ending up with a fan layout could ruin the game's flow (or worse). And we don't even know yet if there are special functions (lift ramps or subways) incorporated in this layout. And the location of the VUK makes me think maybe we will see something new.
And if this game's fan layout ends up being as loved as AFM's fan layout I'd sure be okay with that.

The playfield really resembles AFM and MM. If plays as fun os those games I want one for sure.

#157 4 years ago

Do we really need two threads on the exact same topic??? Multiple people are posting the same things in both threads. Nothing unique or exclusive to either.

Time to let this one die on the vine and move to the other.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Do we really need two threads on the exact same topic??? Multiple people are posting the same things in both threads. Nothing unique or exclusive to either.
Time to let this one die on the vine and move to the other.

The other one is older so im ok with this one dying. But, you dont have to post here either.

#159 4 years ago

if you was to ask me I'd have said that looks like a pro not $8K+ pin, but I need to see more.

But hell (looks in mirror) I spent $8K for AFM LE so there is that.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

The playfield really resembles AFM and MM. If plays as fun os those games I want one for sure.

Soooo, as long as it plays as fun as the #1 and #2 rated games of all time, you’re in? Bold move.

#161 4 years ago

Is there a VUK just a little down from the right spinner- behind the 3 side targets?
It is kinda hard to tell.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned. Just looks like a weird places for it.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Is there a VUK just a little down from the right spinner- behind the 3 side targets?
It is kinda hard to tell.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned. Just looks like a weird places for it.

Yes - and it's been speculated that it may rotate, and fire at the Trunk Lock Targets (36-24-36) using the Lock Bar Action button.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Soooo, as long as it plays as fun as the #1 and #2 rated games of all time, you’re in? Bold move.

Wait a minute. You mean the #1 and #2 games are fan layouts???

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I kind of like this for the backbox side art. [quoted image]

If Stern is brave enough, they should put a MAGNASAVE magnet right between the Ta-Ta's...

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Thigh needs a major do-over. Calf is wider than the thigh. Humans aren't built like that.
-mof

Some are...

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Oh, other than Orbiter 1, I can't think of a pinball machine without this.

Off the top of my head? Borg games, Lawlor games, games where the outer most lane is actually an inlane, games with outlane gates, several ss games and a whack of em games have other layouts. Italian is the standard positioned slings with 2 in lanes and 2 outlanes.

#167 4 years ago

You want us to believe there are people on this planet with bigger calves than thighs?

Ok buddy...

-mof

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

You want us to believe there are people on this planet with bigger calves than thighs?
Ok buddy...
-mof

It happens...
B7B06D28-3D61-4771-B617-ED3E257C6C5A (resized).jpegB7B06D28-3D61-4771-B617-ED3E257C6C5A (resized).jpegB408C550-F9D0-46EE-8CE2-04937042F1E1 (resized).jpegB408C550-F9D0-46EE-8CE2-04937042F1E1 (resized).jpeg

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

It happens...

Nice try buddy, yes those are big calves, no they aren't BIGGER than the thighs. Get out your measuring device and check, instead of falling prey to optical illusions.

Sheesh. Just let it go, it will never happen...

#170 4 years ago

I'm surprised that the backglass artwork hasn't taken more flak, to me it's the biggest disappointment, doesn't even match the playfield art IMO.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Wait a minute. You mean the #1 and #2 games are fan layouts???

Thank goodness Stern finally found the key to a great game is an empty fan layout.

This game is empty at a bad time for Stern. There are a lot of people already on the sidelines due to playfield quality issues. Munsters was so boring. The reason I couldn’t buy a JP (which is fun) was the quality issues. I’m always happy that Stern has fanatics that will support them until they start making good games again. If you feel this game is going to be the equal of AFM, enjoy.

#172 4 years ago

I thought the price list was being shown yesterday?

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Thank goodness Stern finally found the key to a great game is an empty fan layout.
This game is empty at a bad time for Stern. There are a lot of people already on the sidelines due to playfield quality issues. Munsters was so boring. The reason I couldn’t buy a JP (which is fun) was the quality issues. I’m always happy that Stern has fanatics that will support them until they start making good games again. If you feel this game is going to be the equal of AFM, enjoy.

There is more likelihood this game will be equal or better than AFM, than there is that it will suck
And you don't have to be a Stern fanatic to think that. The main reason AFM and MM are so loved has more to do with the rules/software than it does the layout - but the layout IS a proven winner.

- Lyman's got the same great layout to work with as MM and AFM, and the Haunted House Toy looks awesome
- Lyman has had a stellar track record - recent titles: BM66, TWD, MET, AC/DC, SM, Tron, IM
- His recent titles have all had great depth, wizard modes, and theme integration IMO
- EHOH could have great video assets - especially working with Elvira, who is the Queen B of her own video catalog

Thinking this game won't kick ass seems very illogical.

IMO there are a lot of pinsiders that aren't very good with their first impressions. They just get caught in the trending wave of posting (negative or positive).

#174 4 years ago

why do the games prices have to climb out of the region of 4500. I don't know but I'm out.. Looks like fun but not 10k worth of fun , rather search out a cactus canyon or Big Bang Bar

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

why do the games prices have to climb out of the region of 4500. I don't know but I'm out.. Looks like fun but not 10k worth of fun , rather search out a cactus canyon or Big Bang Bar

BBB and CC are not that great of games. I predict the code on EHOH will blow those games out of the water. The primary draw to BBB and CC are the rarity, more than the layout / rules IMO.

#176 4 years ago

Happy Birthday to the mistress of the dark today

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Happy Birthday to the mistress of the dark today

She's the hottest 68 year old to be featured on a pinball machine.

#179 4 years ago

Ok so it might not matter to anyone else but one little aspect that is driving me nuts are the "goil" targets. That's not how you freaking spell Gargoyles though. Grr

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

There is more likelihood this game will be equal or better than AFM, than there is that it will suck

I'll just quote that so I can check back how this comment ages in 6 months. Oh wait, it's Lyman, 18 months.

#181 4 years ago

Starting at 8k. Ouch.

#182 4 years ago

Nope I'm not buying new.

Looks ok only.
Way overpriced!

#183 4 years ago

I cant wait to play it but not dishing out that kind of cash for it. I wanted one to go beside my SS. I said along time ago that i hope Stern did not F this up. Well they did. In the pricing.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I cant wait to play it but not dishing out that kind of cash for it. I wanted one to go beside my SS. I said along time ago that i hope Stern did not F this up. Well they did. In the pricing.

The premium price is $400 more than JP2, that doesn't seem that out of line.
This is just a game that doesn't have a Pro option.

#185 4 years ago

As long as they continue to sell the SH*T out of their machines prices are not out of line...

#186 4 years ago

Will pick up a used one at 6K.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Starting at 8k. Ouch.

Only a fool pays MSRP price.

#188 4 years ago

If it's a real premium with premium features it might be worth a real price of $7400 or so. If it's just a pro rebadged as a premium I'll pass.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Couldn't help myself... lol[quoted image]

SLE comes with extra layer of clear coat to pool!

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If it's a real premium with premium features it might be worth a real price of $7400 or so. If it's just a pro rebadged as a premium I'll pass.

Lol. That would be one heck of a Pro!!!

2 Motorized entrances, motorized bash toy, subway, physical ball lock in trunk, 4 small gargoyle kinda bash toys, interactive mansion with diverters and motorized roof...

I'd guess a Pro'd only have the entrance Flap lifting and a diverter so that the mansion does at least do something.

1 week later
#192 4 years ago

Watched the dead flip video.
Like I suspected Boring playing game.
Munsters take 2!

#193 4 years ago

A long time I’ve been waiting for this pin... the second it dropped I reserved an LE immediately, even paid in full. But after I seen the live stream I cancelled it today. Such a disappointment. Personally can’t believe Elvira signed off on it. It barely has anything to do with her in my opinion. Garbage call outs and clips of movies... it’s Munsters all over again. But this time I’m not getting sucked in. yes, I own Munsters and it’s awful. I’m tired of hearing the code will get better... my god, HAVE THE CODE READY after almost 2 years. 10k and the game is crap. I’m tired of being let down now. Sold GB because of this then got stuck again with Munsters. BTW I also own a SS and it’s the best pin of the 3 by far. I was hoping E3 would be “mistress of the dark” or something at least related to Elvira... it’s not even close. Since I live in Chicago I’ll be at the big pin meet with Elvira. Can’t wait to see what others think. Pretty sure I’m done with Stern for a while.

#194 4 years ago

^^ I dont get this feeling.
When I think of Elvira, the first thing I think of (other then big, pale bewbs) is her clips in between the late night horror flicks. This seems exactly like how I remember her. Maybe it depends on your age? I was born in the 80s. I've only ever know her as the horror movie host.

#195 4 years ago

The stream showed that it's really about what her show was originally for. Old bad movies! Most people who loved Elvira liked the movies as much as they liked her and her innuendo jokes about them. She was the precursor to the Crypt Keeper and MST combined. The Master from Manos the Hands of Fate in it?! That awesome! I still think the only reservation to this game is the big open playfield, but the theme and code look great. Sheets has also said he'll be adding to this one for years.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from DonnyC:

I was hoping E3 would be “mistress of the dark” or something at least related to Elvira... it’s not even close. Can’t wait to see what others think. Pretty sure I’m done with Stern for a while.

I can think of other legit reasons to be done with Stern for a while, but this isn't one of them IMO. javagrind888 nailed it above! What you wanted was Scared Stiff 2. Many others did as well. But this is more about Elvira than the previous two games were and I can see why Elvira signed off on it. I do also believe the code will make this game much better in time. But I am sick of early code releases as well! It is a B.S. practice borrowed from the software industry. Sit this one out for at least a year if you are interested at all. It may surprise you big time! BTW, Ghost Busters just got the long awaited code update and much positive feedback already about it! But it took way too long and people that bought it like you understandably got frustrated .. I will never again buy a new release pin. I'll wait and watch instead, and if the code develops well, then buy later. ..

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I can think of other legit reasons to be done with Stern for a while, but this isn't one of them IMO. javagrind888 nailed it above! What you wanted was Scared Stiff 2. Many others did as well. But this is more about Elvira than the previous two games were and I can see why Elvira signed off on it. I do also believe the code will make this game much better in time. But I am sick of early code releases as well! It is a B.S. practice borrowed from the software industry. Sit this one out for at least a year if you are interested at all. It may surprise you big time! BTW, Ghost Busters just got the long awaited code update and much positive feedback already about it! But it took way too long and people that bought it like you understandably got frustrated .. I will never again buy a new release pin. I'll wait and watch instead, and if the code develops well, then buy later. ..

Totally. I really wanted this game to sit beside my SS. But as of right now, no way.

1. Code needs alot of work
2. Price sucks

I know i know the code can be updated and will fix things. But this release feels like The Munsters. Rushed and no where near finished on code.

2 weeks later
#198 4 years ago

Great Game and lots of fun so far . Love the artwork, the classic b movies , the music , and the gameplay . Another Stern classic .

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Totally. I really wanted this game to sit beside my SS. But as of right now, no way.
1. Code needs alot of work
2. Price sucks
I know i know the code can be updated and will fix things. But this release feels like The Munsters. Rushed and no where near finished on code.

Yeah, I'd say the difference is 3lvira is Lyman, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be great in 18 months or so. But yeah, wait 18 months and circle back to see what the game is like. The new Stern reality.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I'd say the difference is 3lvira is Lyman, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be great in 18 months or so. But yeah, wait 18 months and circle back to see what the game is like. The new Stern reality.

18 months. Lol. No thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 205 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-by-stern/page/4?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.