IMG_9808.gif
20231019_204947 (resized).jpg
20231019_205004 (resized).jpg
ehohinvoice (resized).PNG
IMG_0893 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0891 (resized).jpeg
giphy.gif

There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Waiting for the :
Am I the only one that's upset thread for Elvira .

But your exlcusive premium was so exclusive before now.

#52 4 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am totally fine with them running more Stranger Things Premiums. It caused the value of my LE to tank… but that is fine.
Not cool that they keep making new versions of Limited Editions.

Why would more premiums cause your LE value to tank? Makes no sense.

#53 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It's meant to replicate black and white tv, which was never really black and white, it was mostly grey scales

Which makes no sense since even the very first episode of Movie Macabre was in color. Crappy, low saturation 2” tape color, but color nonetheless.

#54 4 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:I thought that black and white edition looked awesome. if I were in the market for one, I'd take that over the color one hands down.

B/W Munsters is the best lookin IMO

#55 4 months ago

Took the golden goose out back and shot it up.

Can there be that many dipshits left?

Maybe a few. The ones that pay $13k for that category

#56 4 months ago

We are ALL bag holders.

Some care a lot more than others.

$13k.

#57 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Took the golden goose out back and shot it up.

Well Stern isn’t playing the long game with these special collector anniversary editions.
Squeeze it all now while it lasts!

#58 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We are ALL bag holders.
Some care a lot more than others.
$13k.

Oh, $13K, not a new premium run.

#59 4 months ago

The desperation is obvious.

The prices will come down stern, no matter how much you are kicking and screaming.

#60 4 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Why would more premiums cause your LE value to tank? Makes no sense.

Because the value of premiums tanked… all models dropped $2000-4000

#61 4 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Well Stern isn’t playing the long game with these special collector anniversary editions.
Squeeze it all now while it lasts!

The juice ain’t worth the squeeze now

#62 4 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Because the value of premiums tanked… all models dropped $2000-4000

But they didn't remake LE Stranger Things. Your drop could just be general market related.

#63 4 months ago

Hopefully it’s new free code but I bet you need to pay for it. Another money grab from Stern.

#64 4 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

But they didn't remake LE Stranger Things. Your drop could just be general market related.

Because the premiums were selling for $13k the le’s were closer to $16k…. Once the price of the premiums drop the le’s follow- no one is going to pay $6500 more for a used LE over a nib premium

#65 4 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Because the premiums were selling for $13k the le’s were closer to $16k…. Once the price of the premiums drop the le’s follow- no one is going to pay $6500 more for a used LE over a nib premium

Funny how some people really need you to spoon feed them on how the market works. Clearly a rerun of a hot title will impact all the current models. And oh by the way, they’ll run another new STH LE soon enough.

I don’t like this new approach by Stern. Really makes nothing special.

#66 4 months ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Are you fucking kidding me? Stranger Things premiums were selling for $13K. That's crazy!

#67 4 months ago

OK, $13K premiums of any title is some Covid bullshit that was going to correct itself no matter what.

#68 4 months ago

I remember for a while this game was hard as balls to get with it essentially getting released during the early days of COVID, or at least when supply chain issues were at their worst. I'm guessing this is to satisfy all the people that couldn't get one during the original run. I'm all for Stern making more pins of their better games, even years after the initial release.

#69 4 months ago

I'm shocked there's enough demand for this game that the used prices even got high.

Guess you can't discount the draw of huge breastesses.

#70 4 months ago
Quoted from Wiggles:

I remember for a while this game was hard as balls to get with it essentially getting released during the early days of COVID, or at least when supply chain issues were at their worst. I'm guessing this is to satisfy all the people that couldn't get one during the original run. I'm all for Stern making more pins of their better games, even years after the initial release.

I received my LE in October of 19, this was before covid. EHOH wasn’t well received, the code was bare bones. It took Lyman doing his magic, then it became desirable. It is still unfinished, I would really like the pew pew pew be implemented.

#71 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Funny how some people really need you to spoon feed them on how the market works. Clearly a rerun of a hot title will impact all the current models. And oh by the way, they’ll run another new STH LE soon enough.

A guy got lambasted on here to the tune of like 250 downvotes for similar sentiments. Can't say I disagree though. Stern is playing with fire.

#72 4 months ago

Stern tested the waters with EHoH40 in regards to making a re-skinned LE. I think some of us - including myself - gave them some slack because of how they priced it. The existing LE/SLEs did take a hit in value, but it wasn't huge.

However - JP30LE was a full knife in the back to JPLE owners because of how it was priced. This new EHoH (LE) is a second (and larger) knife in the back to LE/SLE owners.

I'm done with Stern LEs (and probably any NIB Stern). They have successfully slaughtered this golden goose.

#73 4 months ago

This game was released at MSRP around $7500. At the time, it was a little steep. Not once, no matter how much they dress it up, have I though it was a better deal for thousands more.

#74 4 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

OK, $13K premiums of any title is some Covid bullshit that was going to correct itself no matter what.

Not really. There wasn't many of them.

Look at Ghostbusters.... those premiums are also $13k.

#75 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

They will definitely run more STh LE's... and Godzilla... and probably Deadpool.

It would be one thing if the LE's were $1000-1500 over the premiums... but at $3500? No thank you.

#76 4 months ago

More LEs are a good thing. They're different from the OG run of LEs. They're just another LE. It's weird to be so butthurt by this.

#77 4 months ago

The only thing you cannot upgrade a premium to an LE is the real glass backglass. So premium is the way to go

#78 4 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

More LEs are a good thing. They're different from the OG run of LEs. They're just another LE. It's weird to be so butthurt by this.

No - re-skinned premiums are a good thing. Star Wars comic, AC/DC Luci, BM66 Catwoman, etc.

The model that Stern used to operate under was that pros/prems were unlimited. The prem reskins were used to freshen things up and move more games.

Limited by definition meant a set # of games. Do you think LE buyers actually feel there is $3300 of value from different art, shaker, invisiglass and a badge? Absolutely not - part of what we were buying was a fixed rarity with stable resale value.

Anyone that has paid $14k+ for an EHoHLE or JPLE on the secondary market has a legitimate reason to be frustrated with Stern as they just changed the rules by which they used to adhere to.

#79 4 months ago

I am wondering if we all have the Disney boy to thank. I vote for a new direction

#80 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Which makes no sense since even the very first episode of Movie Macabre was in color. Crappy, low saturation 2” tape color, but color nonetheless.

They played many black and white films on Movie Macabre though

#81 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Anyone that has paid $14k+ for an EHoHLE or JPLE on the secondary market has a legitimate reason to be frustrated with Stern as they just changed the rules by which they used to adhere to.

So now we’re supposed to be mad at Stern over used market prices? Is that what you’re saying?

#82 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:No - re-skinned premiums are a good thing. Star Wars comic, AC/DC Luci, BM66 Catwoman, etc.
The model that Stern used to operate under was that pros/prems were unlimited. The prem reskins were used to freshen things up and move more games.
Limited by definition meant a set # of games. Do you think LE buyers actually feel there is $3300 of value from different art, shaker, invisiglass and a badge? Absolutely not - part of what we were buying was a fixed rarity with stable resale value.

Yep… 100%

I am cool with premiums or reskinned premiums… or vaults

I am less cool with “super anniversary editions” where they make them limited but jack up the price.

Reskinned LE’s are not cool in my book. It’s their business so they can do what they want… but they moved me out of the LE market

#83 4 months ago

I paid $7K NIB for My Premium. Most of Us paid the same.

Why pay $6K more for a new version? It's the same playfield.

#84 4 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

desaturating all the color out of a modern game like Munsters or EHOH is that you end up with a gray game

Hmm. I see your point. Grey: not so good. Distinct black and white: much better. Grey or not, I didn't like Munsters B&W mostly because I thought the gorgeous pop of color on the standard version was great. I feel the same way about Elvira's stock art package: color takes it!

I would also be concerned about red trim against a basically gray cabinet - or do I have that wrong and the cab decals will still be in color?

#85 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No - re-skinned premiums are a good thing. Star Wars comic, AC/DC Luci, BM66 Catwoman, etc.

It's a different game. It has different art and packaging. It's a different LE. It doesn't dilute the other LEs because they are different.

#86 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Stern tested the waters with EHoH40 in regards to making a re-skinned LE. I think some of us - including myself - gave them some slack because of how they priced it. The existing LE/SLEs did take a hit in value, but it wasn't huge.
However - JP30LE was a full knife in the back to JPLE owners because of how it was priced. This new EHoH (LE) is a second (and larger) knife in the back to LE/SLE owners.
I'm done with Stern LEs (and probably any NIB Stern). They have successfully slaughtered this golden goose.

Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yep… 100%
I am cool with premiums or reskinned premiums… or vaults
I am less cool with “super anniversary editions” where they make them limited but jack up the price.
Reskinned LE’s are not cool in my book. It’s their business so they can do what they want… but they moved me out of the LE market

"All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us" - that Michael Jackson anthem is becoming more and more and more relevant. In this case, just the title/intro.

They don't care about you - just your money.

#87 4 months ago
Quoted from Wiggles:

This game was a flop when it came out, and inventory was everywhere. Anybody who wanted this title could have had it. I’ll go as far to say anybody who wanted an LE at the time could have had one with ease. I had a NIB LE I couldn’t get rid of without a loss. I was not a flipper, I was an operator and my distributor set an LE aside for me instead of a premium. There was some confusion on my part because I had inquired on an LE.

I ended up trading the NIB LE for two used sterns and cutting a check for $500 to make up the difference.

#88 4 months ago
IMG_4213 (resized).pngIMG_4213 (resized).png
#89 4 months ago

Signed up for the $14 a month affirm payment plan.

#90 4 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

It's a different game. It has different art and packaging. It's a different LE. It doesn't dilute the other LEs because they are different.

How many JPLEs are there now? That's correct - 1000. 500 green ones and 500 red ones.

Any time you increase the supply of a limited item, you diminish the value of it. That's why the value of JPLE went from $15k to $12k immediately when JP30 was announced. It doesn't matter that the new ones are red and the old ones are green - what matters is there are 1000 LEs now. If your argument were true, the value of the originals would have remained constant.

Want another example? Our government printed a sh*t ton of money during Covid. That devalued the dollar. Did you notice any effect? That's right - you now get to pay 30% more for everything you buy.

Simple economics.

#91 4 months ago

I’m out of “LE” from Stern
LIMITED EDITION means just that..

As mentioned above… making more limited editions doesn’t make it limited..

Why pay $3000 or £4K over here for an LE.
Shaker motors,100
Invisiglass 150
Speaker upgrade for the Kenwood or JBL 40
Powder coating hardware is 120

Only the limited edition artwork.. which sometimes can be foil, and Mirrored backglass and signature of designer makes it any different.

Seth has really screwed the pooch on this one.

#92 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

How many JPLEs are there now? That's correct - 1000. 500 green ones and 500 red ones.
Any time you increase the supply of a limited item, you diminish the value of it. That's why the value of JPLE went from $15k to $12k immediately when JP30 was announced. It doesn't matter that the new ones are red and the old ones are green - what matters is there are 1000 LEs now. If your argument were true, the value of the originals would have remained constant.
Want another example? Our government printed a sh*t ton of money during Covid. That devalued the dollar. Did you notice any effect? That's right - you now get to pay 30% more for everything you buy.
Simple economics.

Oh yeah!

And they are still having to F ing print it to cover up the massive budget deficit while tightening at the same time and raising rates to combat the fiscal foolishness.

Yep. Lots of folks living in the Denial phase right now.

#93 4 months ago

Beautiful day. Kicking back and having cold and chilies at Free Roam brewery in Boerne Texas

79B66C5B-7022-4A4B-AAFA-28803D450A2C (resized).jpeg79B66C5B-7022-4A4B-AAFA-28803D450A2C (resized).jpeg
#94 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

making more limited editions doesn’t make it limited:

Seth has really screwed the "pooch" on this one.

<---likes this post

#95 4 months ago

It seems like, from my end of the stadium view, Stern could follow other manufactures and combine a new release with new code. I think that would mollify most of the detractors while also appeasing current owners. it doesn't fully address the 'le' issues but would at least be additive to value at the same time when the new run perhaps reduces value for current owners. Though, ultimately, Stern is a company and should do things to make money. And ultimately, imho pinball is not an investment vehicle.

#96 4 months ago

Diluting the LEs is kind of lame, but doesn’t really bother me. Anything sold as limited or collectible is usually the opposite of that principle.

Like many others here, my perspective is they have priced themselves out of my sense of value for the product. I have no axe to grind with Stern. I wish them all the best. I’m just not going to buy as many of their games going forward until the prices more closely reflect value it once had for me.

Since so many here are piling on about the Disney connection. I want to share what a young father told me about Disney after a trip there.
“Everything at Disney is exactly one dollar less than no fucking way!”

Pinball started to cross that barrier for me a while ago.

#97 4 months ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

It seems like, from my end of the stadium view, Stern could follow other manufactures and combine a new release with new code. I think that would mollify most of the detractors while also appeasing current owners. it doesn't fully address the 'le' issues but would at least be additive to value at the same time when the new run perhaps reduces value for current owners. Though, ultimately, Stern is a company and should do things to make money. And ultimately, imho pinball is not an investment vehicle.

They already did this for JP 30th. A huge code update was released for an already very in depth game. It certainty creates good will and helps with sales. I would expect for Stern to do the same thing with Godzilla when it's likely special edition or whatever is run next year.

Creating new edition after new edition however is going to piss off long time customers. Many people buy an LE's because they are supposed to be the high end rare model of a game. Each new special edition that Stern releases destroys that concept. An LE is now limited in name only.

All this re-release crap makes me perfectly content with buying premiums over LE's.

#98 4 months ago

More pins the merrier. I think everyone understands supply/demand concept and it’s correlation with volatility in market pricing. I don’t think the continuous statements are going to educate people any better.

A major issue in this hobby is people seem to place to much emphasis on “rarity” and loose sight of what makes this hobby fun. Pinball, more pinball, pinball for everyone, not just people with expendable and excessive amount of money.

No amount of campaign soap boxing is going to change things. The fact is simple. Stern has not done anything unethical or misleading. They have not made another run of the same “LE” just different versions (different art, colors etc). Those LE buyers still have their valuable pinball that has not been rerun.

Biggest surprise yet, pinball is not an investment unless it’s your job, more pinball makes pinball more affordable for everyone. Obviously more runs of a title will bring the price gouging and Smeagol types back down to a more realistic reality.

#99 4 months ago

What will change things?

It’s already happening. People not buying pins at these prices. Used market dropping.

Voting with your wallets does seem to affect things

Stern has F Ed themselves. It will continue to play out. So has JJP

Keep cranking out whatever you want at those prices. Won’t matter

#100 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They already did this for JP 30th. A huge code update was released for an already very in depth game. It certainty creates good will and helps with sales. I would expect for Stern to do the same thing with Godzilla when it's likely special edition or whatever is run next year.
Creating new edition after new edition however is going to piss off long time customers. Many people buy an LE's because they are supposed to be the high end rare model of a game. Each new special edition that Stern releases destroys that concept. An LE is now limited in name only.
All this re-release crap makes me perfectly content with buying premiums over LE's.

Last I checked, we had ruby red, emerald, and yellow brick road of a certain title....and people kept buying even when newer LEs of that title had toy mechanisms removed entirely from it.

Wonder when Stern will start doing that........

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
There are 341 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-20/page/2?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.