IMG_1765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3337 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5591 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3257 (resized).jpeg
giphy.gif
17384905-9941-42A8-8607-A7F1AADAA7AE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2006 (resized).jpeg
8D78082E-1506-447B-820A-06C4120BF7F0 (resized).jpeg
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I think the theme is awesome personally

Yes, I get a game being "Not for me theme wise" to say a theme sucks is kinda silly though.

#102 4 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Is EJ a multiball heavy game like GF and GNR? For instance, are you guaranteed at least 1 or 2 multiballs every game pretty much no matter how crappy your play is?

Jaws is as “multi ball heavy” as GF, which is about right.

EJ looks to be similar.

Both are fantastic games.

Price sucks? I think that applies to BOTH Stern and JJP.

What you get in JJP games are a few levels above Stern. The toppers alone on GF and EJ are amazing and included.

I’ll say that Jaws is Stern’s best looking game in a long time, maybe ever.

#103 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jaws is as “multi ball heavy” as GF, which is about right.
EJ looks to be similar.
Both are fantastic games.
Price sucks? I think that applies to BOTH Stern and JJP.
What you get in JJP games are a few levels above Stern. The toppers alone on GF and EJ are amazing and included.
I’ll say that Jaws is Stern’s best looking game in a long time, maybe ever.

I haven’t played EJ yet. I have played about 20 games on Jaws and I definitely did not achieve multiball more than just a few times. I’m wondering if EJ is another one like GNR and GF where it seems like there is a multiball every time you play a game. For me that gets old quick. That’s what made me sell GNR. It was a fun game for a while but each game was exactly the same except for the song that was playing.

I’m hoping an EJ pops up on location near me so I can try it. Or maybe I’ll take a road trip to the distributor. I don’t like to judge a game until I play it.

#104 4 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I haven’t played EJ yet. I have played about 20 games on Jaws and I definitely did not achieve multiball more than just a few times. I’m wondering if EJ is another one like GNR and GF where it seems like there is a multiball every time you play a game. For me that gets old quick. That’s what made me sell GNR. It was a fun game for a while but each game was exactly the same except for the song that was playing.
I’m hoping an EJ pops up on location near me so I can try it. Or maybe I’ll take a road trip to the distributor. I don’t like to judge a game until I play it.

Not sure how they have it set up on location but no adjustments on my game and 3 players last night getting MB on every game.

I’ll be playing it a lot this weekend and will report back as to which are easiest on Jaws.

Edit: last game, Jaws Mb #1 and #2. And Night Search MB. Total of 3 in 1st game played

#105 4 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Is EJ a multiball heavy game like GF and GNR? For instance, are you guaranteed at least 1 or 2 multiballs every game pretty much no matter how crappy your play is?

Absolutely not. You should be able to start Croc MB easily, but you still have to light your locks and lock the ball. Rocketman MB is more challenging to start and the Signature Stages require hitting all the shots spelling out ELTON JOHN, then locking three balls in the piano. Your skill shot awards can help, but you know what you're trying for. There's no "what just happened/why'd I'd get MB".

#106 4 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Absolutely not. You should be able to start Croc MB easily, but you still have to light your locks and lock the ball. Rocketman MB is more challenging to start and the Signature Stages require hitting all the shots spelling out ELTON JOHN, then locking three balls in the piano. Your skill shot awards can help, but you know what you're trying for. There's no "what just happened/why'd I'd get MB".

This is all great to hear! I like the old fashioned light locks and then lock ball format to get into multiball.

#107 4 months ago

Just played 5 games in a row. This game is not getting old at all. 200 ish plays on mine already. I’m basically the only one that plays it.

So
Damn
Fun
!

2 months later
#108 61 days ago

I originally thought this one was just too garish by the photos I saw online and didn’t look deeper into it considering I’m not a fan of LCD games as most pull your attention away from the gameplay. Well I got a chance to play this one at GSPF 24 this weekend after several trusted pinheads recommended I give it a try and well I was converted in the first game. What a rush of aural and visual candy! Game play is fast, tight with great flow and each song has its own beautiful light show and the sound is spectacular with clear audio prompts of what targets to shoot for and bumping the music with the associated shot, challenge etc eliminating the need to glance up at the screen but the screen animation gives spectators plenty of entertainment with beautiful and tasteful animations! I then played a multiplayer game with a friend and made the decision right then and there to buy the game at show close. I’ve played a fair share of new era games and few have stole the show for me, the closest being Dialed In from years past and recently Pulp Fiction that I pre ordered. But EJ is in a league of its own for sure and even new players will find plenty of enjoyment while seasoned players will find the challenges bringing them back for more. The game comes off as easy to attain multiball but the rules can be tightened up to make for a much harder challenge. I really appreciate the physical design of the machine with easily serviceable “lily pad” boards, easy playfield access and a conventional lockdown bar. This machine will be welcomed and adored in any home arcade and will definitely bring in the money for operators! JJP really did good on this one and I am proud to have added my first JJP to my collection.

#109 61 days ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

I originally thought this one was just too garish by the photos I saw online and didn’t look deeper into it considering I’m not a fan of LCD games as most pull your attention away from the gameplay. Well I got a chance to play this one at GSPF 24 this weekend after several trusted pinheads recommended I give it a try and well I was converted in the first game. What a rush of aural and visual candy! Game play is fast, tight with great flow and each song has its own beautiful light show and the sound is spectacular! I then played a multiplayer game with a friend and made the decision right then and there to buy the game at show close. I’ve played a fair share of new era games and few have stole the show for me, the closest being Dialed In from years past and recently Pulp Fiction that I pre ordered. But EJ is in a league of its own for sure and even new players will find plenty of enjoyment while seasoned players will find the challenges bringing them back for more. The game comes off as easy to attain multiball but the rules can be tightened up to make for a much harder challenge. I really appreciate the physical design of the machine with easily serviceable “lily pad” boards, easy playfield access and a conventional lockdown bar. This machine will be welcomed and adored in any home arcade and will definitely bring in the money for operators! JJP really did good on this one and I am proud to have added my first JJP to my collection.

Thats a great summary and thanks for sharing. We should be counting these types of stories about EJ.

#110 61 days ago

I own EJ CE and it is indeed the best pinball machine I ever played. I gravitate more toward stern machines but there is no doubt that JJP nailed this one. I have GF CE and while it is as beautiful as EJ, the similarity ends there… EJ is just another level of flow, code and fun!! I’m really excited to see what JJP will bring next after such an incredible machine!!

#111 61 days ago
Quoted from awpepa:

I own EJ CE and it is indeed the best pinball machine I ever played. I gravitate more toward stern machines but there is no doubt that JJP nailed this one. I have GF CE and while it is as beautiful as EJ, the similarity ends there… EJ is just another level of flow, code and fun!! I’m really excited to see what JJP will bring next after such an incredible machine!!

Same. Best machine I ever played. I actually moved my GFCE for EJCE because I grew tired of GF. I made the decision insanely without playing EF, but my friend who has 40 games and including all JJPs games, told me it was his favorite game in his entire lineup and best JjP by far.

It’s the perfect blend of amazing shots, great music integration, light show, topper, etc. My wife and kids stopped playing pinball the last year or so and I thought they were kind of done with it. Now I catch them playing the game by themselves and we play a lot as a family. Just a perfect game that I doubted upon release.

#112 59 days ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Same. Best machine I ever played. I actually moved my GFCE for EJCE because I grew tired of GF. I made the decision insanely without playing EF, but my friend who has 40 games and including all JJPs games, told me it was his favorite game in his entire lineup and best JjP by far.
It’s the perfect blend of amazing shots, great music integration, light show, topper, etc. My wife and kids stopped playing pinball the last year or so and I thought they were kind of done with it. Now I catch them playing the game by themselves and we play a lot as a family. Just a perfect game that I doubted upon release.

It seems many are realizing this now.

#113 59 days ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

I originally thought this one was just too garish by the photos I saw online and didn’t look deeper into it considering I’m not a fan of LCD games as most pull your attention away from the gameplay. Well I got a chance to play this one at GSPF 24 this weekend after several trusted pinheads recommended I give it a try and well I was converted in the first game. What a rush of aural and visual candy! Game play is fast, tight with great flow and each song has its own beautiful light show and the sound is spectacular with clear audio prompts of what targets to shoot for and bumping the music with the associated shot, challenge etc eliminating the need to glance up at the screen but the screen animation gives spectators plenty of entertainment with beautiful and tasteful animations! I then played a multiplayer game with a friend and made the decision right then and there to buy the game at show close. I’ve played a fair share of new era games and few have stole the show for me, the closest being Dialed In from years past and recently Pulp Fiction that I pre ordered. But EJ is in a league of its own for sure and even new players will find plenty of enjoyment while seasoned players will find the challenges bringing them back for more. The game comes off as easy to attain multiball but the rules can be tightened up to make for a much harder challenge. I really appreciate the physical design of the machine with easily serviceable “lily pad” boards, easy playfield access and a conventional lockdown bar. This machine will be welcomed and adored in any home arcade and will definitely bring in the money for operators! JJP really did good on this one and I am proud to have added my first JJP to my collection.

Played that same game and cranked it up a few notches to hear over the show hum. Fantastic! Congrats

#114 59 days ago

Only problem with the volume being up on the GSPF Elton John was Saturday morning when I went in that hour before everyone else. My hangover did not appreciate how loud it was!

#115 59 days ago

I played this for the first time last night and was really surprised by how well it played, how good the shots felt and how much fun I had. I've heard about comparisons with Star Trek, and while there are some similarities, it doesn't feel like Star Trek at all to me other than the warp ramp.

I didn't care for the "announcer" callouts. It reminded me of Toy Story and Wonka. Easily the worst part of the game, but everything else worked well.

I'm now trying to figure out how to free up space since I now have one on the way.

#116 54 days ago

Just played it at our Pinball Expo at Quebec City and wow,its such a blast!In my top 3 even maybe top 2 pinball i ever played,im jealous of all EJ owner

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Whitty Pinball Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brentwood, ES
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Akron, OH
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.