(Topic ID: 329340)

New Elton John Pinball? What are your thoughts?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 days ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Elton John Pinball? ”

• No Way 129 votes
    74%
  • Yes please 24 votes
    14%
  • Maybe (please explain) 21 votes
    12%

(174 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9B6EA61-A839-4D93-BA07-282E243A04A5.gif
760F5245-E308-4574-A697-EEF96F19332A.gif
8B040295-ADF7-4824-BA94-31EBDE2740D8.gif
0DE30CF9-2C6E-403F-9784-8C8DADFFB5D9.gif
07558032-2029-4811-80CD-B39EE03BA52F.gif
E03DB12E-5881-4A0A-A472-28E6C4ACA739.gif
E473990C-DC63-46BB-A66B-0DEFA433F909 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
9FE995BF-1877-4169-A823-5E18B32CD372.gif
B1C2E6FF-C56C-4B35-A1E0-69F0271B17BD (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230116_003110 (resized).jpg
70EA2F80-FBA1-4F0E-A287-034CB9231843 (resized).jpeg
LG8hcp (resized).jpg
AEE30F72-EF61-44EF-8DE6-39D21FF4A8E5 (resized).jpeg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

Watched the final U.S. Elton John concert in LA and thought - if they stick to the classics this might work.
Leaving pinball pricing aside for a moment, what are your thoughts on a potential new Elton John pinball machine?
Yes, no, or mayyybe…
AEE30F72-EF61-44EF-8DE6-39D21FF4A8E5 (resized).jpegAEE30F72-EF61-44EF-8DE6-39D21FF4A8E5 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

I went to the Elton concert back in October in Santa Clara. He was amazing. Don’t want the pin though.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I went to the Elton concert back in October in Santa Clara. He was amazing. Don’t want the pin though.

Can’t believe I missed that one.
Nice!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Watched the final U.S. Elton John concert in LA and thought - if they stick to the classics this might work.
Leaving pinball pricing aside for a moment, what are your thoughts on a potential new Elton John pinball machine?
Yes, no, or mayyybe…
[quoted image]

No way. I would rather a Michael Jackson pin. Thriller edition with zombies would be insane

Too controversial for all the woke community.

#5 1 year ago

Pass.
Just no interest.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Pass.
Just no interest.

I can see that.
It is possible Elton may be a bit of a stretch!

#7 1 year ago

Elton John is a badass! I’d check it out

#8 1 year ago

Not interested.

#9 1 year ago

There's already an EJ pin...and one is enough.

#10 1 year ago

Is there anyone rumored to make it?

It would be funny if Stern did. If they ended up running the game with a home edition that could be the first game with two home editions as far as I know.

#11 1 year ago

Could be a re-theme of all the GNR standards.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

It would be funny if Stern did. If they ended up running the game with a home edition that could be the first game with two home editions as far as I know.

JJP is the rumor.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

JJP is supposed to do it.

#14 1 year ago

Love his music but the lyrics in his songs were mostly written by Bernie Taupin. Wouldn't seem right to just focus on the 'Superstar'. It's like a pinball game designer getting all the love for a game that's a collaborative effort.

#15 1 year ago
LG8hcp (resized).jpgLG8hcp (resized).jpg
#16 1 year ago

Is this one of the JJP rumours?

#17 1 year ago

Seeing how this is rumored to be the JJP release that Steve Ritchie is currently working on, I would be interested if it had a layout with multiple flippers (at least 3) and some good feeling shots with flow and dare I say some "kinetic satisfaction", which is something that Ritchie could definitely provide. Interesting and fun "toys" would also help, especially at these prices.

Good rules would be a must, which would include not endlessly spamming me with multiballs at almost all times. Speaking of "good rules", that would also include the confidence that JJP would update the code occasionally and maybe, just maybe, even eventually complete the code. That is confidence that I currently lack, and I'm probably not the only one.

#18 1 year ago

I like his music, but in my opinion it’s too soft for pinball. I’d be out.

#19 1 year ago

Godfather? Elton John? JJP are not exactly setting the world on fire with their theme choices.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

I like his music, but in my opinion it’s too soft for pinball. I’d be out.

The 70s stuff ain’t! Check out all the heavy songs on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

#21 1 year ago

Saw his first concert in 1970 at the Fillmore in SF! He did his "Madman across the Water"tour! Blowout concert.not for pinball,NO!!!

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Love his music but the lyrics in his songs were mostly written by Bernie Taupin. Wouldn't seem right to just focus on the 'Superstar'. It's like a pinball game designer getting all the love for a game that's a collaborative effort.

I sorta disagree with this view. EJ wrote the music…Bernie the lyrics…but then EJ performed everything and made the music & lyrics the hits they are. IMO EJ gets 98%+ credit.

#23 1 year ago

May I suggest the backglass?

70EA2F80-FBA1-4F0E-A287-034CB9231843 (resized).jpeg70EA2F80-FBA1-4F0E-A287-034CB9231843 (resized).jpeg
#24 1 year ago

Steve Ritchie game?

I think for this to work, it really needs a strong story/journey, with the music as background.

Like a space themed pin, based on Rocket Man.

#25 1 year ago
IMG_20230116_003110 (resized).jpgIMG_20230116_003110 (resized).jpg
#26 1 year ago

Of course JJP would do it. A third recycled theme would lock them in as the theme copy cats of the hobby. Still looking forward to JJPs release of the following:
JJP Houdini
JJP Hook
JJP Mario Andretti
JJP Primus
JJP Rush

All of those are just helping fund the big project though. Once they sell all those and can afford a super theme they’ll redeem themselves and release Home Alone!!!!

But like I said in the other now locked thread about that one guy…

It’ll be Home Alone 4
B1C2E6FF-C56C-4B35-A1E0-69F0271B17BD (resized).jpegB1C2E6FF-C56C-4B35-A1E0-69F0271B17BD (resized).jpeg

#27 1 year ago

I am only filling dead time to say absolutely not!

#28 1 year ago

I love Elton John's music, but I'm having a hard time thinking of one of his songs that I would want to play pinball to. All the songs that come to mind have that bittersweet vibe.

I can't play pinball to bittersweet.

#29 1 year ago

A blinged out bedazzled pin just doesn't do much for me. Let's hope this idea flames out like a candle in the wind.

I really wish the pin manufacturers would step away from action heroes and musical artists themes for at least a pin or two.

#30 1 year ago
9FE995BF-1877-4169-A823-5E18B32CD372.gif9FE995BF-1877-4169-A823-5E18B32CD372.gif
#31 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

So Elton John + Bernie Taupin Pinball Party? Has a nice ring. Elvis wrote virtually no music (co wrote a couple). And he’s The King!

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

I love Elton John's music, but I'm having a hard time thinking of one of his songs that I would want to play pinball to. All the songs that come to mind have that bittersweet vibe.
I can't play pinball to bittersweet.

Maybe the game design is all about bittersweet pinball moments. Like draining ball three right before the wizard mode, but you did get a high score.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

A blinged out bedazzled pin just doesn't do much for me. Let's hope this idea flames out like a candle in the wind.
I really wish the pin manufacturers would step away from action heroes and musical artists themes for at least a pin or two.

You are 100% correct on the sentiment! But why would any manufacturer of anything, step away from the idiotic hoy polloi, who trip over themselves to piss away hard earned or ill gotten $?

#34 1 year ago

No, just no.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The 70s stuff ain’t! Check out all the heavy songs on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

GBYBR is an awesome album start to finish, the story of how they made it makes it even more impressive. Funny enough, it could be the 2nd JJP game with a yellow brick road in it.

#36 1 year ago

I like Elton John and would take any classic rock theme over a Marvel theme any day. There are still plenty of better choices though. Elton John does have some rockers, but his best-known songs and the ones that would ultimately make it onto the pin are the slower ones. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is just about the right tempo for a JJP pin which is slow and floaty, like the song.

#37 1 year ago

Why not Bing Crosby. The Ink Spots. Mozart. How far back are we gonna fucking go?

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Why not Bing Crosby. The Ink Spots. Mozart. How far back are we gonna fucking go?

Not really a question of how far back, the real question is, how much longer will baby boomer influence poison humanity?

#39 1 year ago

Hopefully JJP doesn't cost cut too of the game. Poor Steve deserves to make a game that is full of mechanisms and not a stripped down game with the upper playfield replaced by a $15 LCD display like TS4.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

Not really a question of how far back, the real question is, how much longer will baby boomer influence poison humanity?

until we are pushing Daisies

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#41 1 year ago

Im probably out but
Saturday nights alright for Fighting
Rocket Man
Crocodile Rock
Philadelphia freedom
Bennie and the Jets

Would be a fun play among others for me.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Im probably out but
Saturday nights alright for Fighting
Rocket Man
Crocodile Rock
Philadelphia freedom
Bennie and the Jets
Would be a fun play among others for me.

His 2 best songs are Madman Across the Water and Funeral for a Friend/ Love Lies Bleeding.
Best pop hit was “don’t go breaking my heart” with Kiki Dee.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

His 2 best songs are Madman Across the Water and Funeral for a Friend/ Love Lies Bleeding.

I wasnt going for his best or My Faves,Just trying to think of some faster stuff that might fit Pinball.Funeral for a Friend may be My Favorite.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I really don't think his music would be a good fit for pinball but IMO his best songs are (in no particular order):

Funeral / Love Lies Bleeding
All the girls love Alice (this is a damned good rock song with great guitar)
That's why they call it the blues
Tiny Dancer
Levon
Harmony
Goodbye YBR
Mona Lisa and Mad Hatters
Think I'm gonna kill myself
Rocket Man

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I wasnt going for his best or My Faves,Just trying to think of some faster stuff that might fit Pinball.Funeral for a Friend may be My Favorite.

Ok, how ‘bout “The Bitch is back”!

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Ok, how ‘bout “The Bitch is back”!

yes,should be included

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Elton John is a badass! I’d check it out

Obviously through the years the term "Badass" has changed.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I really don't think his music would be a good fit for pinball but IMO his best songs are (in no particular order):
Funeral / Love Lies Bleeding
All the girls love Alice (this is a damned good rock song with great guitar)
That's why they call it the blues
Tiny Dancer
Levon
Harmony
Goodbye YBR
Mona Lisa and Mad Hatters
Think I'm gonna kill myself
Rocket Man

Didn’t know what music I’d be listening to today but it seems all Elton John. Little Jeanne is a great song.

#49 1 year ago

There is no layout or art package on earth that would compel me to every want to own this game.

If someone gets a dream band pin they've always wanted I'm happy for you, I'm utterly burned out on the concept. Even bands I like, and Elton John is definitely not one, hold no allure for me.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:There is no layout or art package on earth that would compel me to every want to own this game.
If someone gets a dream band pin they've always wanted I'm happy for you, I'm utterly burned out on the concept. Even bands I like, and Elton John is definitely not one, hold no allure for me.

My guess is you missed the early 70’s.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Wanted
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elton-john-pinball-what-are-your-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.