Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CFStars.png
photo-8.jpg
#1 13 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I'm selling my Elton John Captain Fantastic pinball machine. It is in excellent condition, been kept in a basement for years. All of the lights are intact, but there is a ball stuck in the track (I don't know the terminology). It is an EASY fix though. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have. Asking price is $1300, can arrange shipping, but local pickup is preferred. Location: Columbus, OH

photo-8.jpgphoto-8.jpg

#2 13 years ago

Price, location, history, etc might help with potential customers...

#3 13 years ago

Yeah that would really help

#4 13 years ago

It looks like it's in nice shape. I believe Capt. Fantastic is one of the more collectible machines from that era.

#5 13 years ago

Oh that's the one with the uncensored back glass. Nice! I am having one restored right now and my cost is going to be $1300.00 Mine also has the uncensored back glass. I have about 2 more weeks before I can pick it up. I used to play this everyday back when I was about 15 years old. My favorite game from that period by far!

#6 13 years ago

Actually, that's a starred (censored) backglass on that machine.

I don't mean to step on your post oldschool59, but I don't want PinHeads to get confused either.

Here is a zoomed section from the backglass above.
CFStars.pngCFStars.png
And here is a link to the IPDB section that compares the two.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=438&picno=9164

The other sections of the backglass have the stars also. It's hard to tell because of the resolution, but when you zoom in you can see the spot where the star is.

G

#7 13 years ago

You learn something new every day. I never realized there were two different versions of the backglass for this machine. Very cool.

#8 13 years ago

Thanks glilly, I didn't think to zoom in, DUH! And yes the more prized machines are the ones that do not have the stars over the objectionable hands on body parts etc etc etc. How they snuck that by the censors is beyond me! I cant wait to pickup mine in a couple weeks. Getting excited about playing my old game again!

#9 13 years ago

Oh my stars, that's just scandalous! lol

#10 13 years ago

I can't believe they got away with all that filth!

#11 13 years ago

It's amazing what they got away with back then. I guess, they didn't technically get away with it. They did try to cover it up with stars... (yeah right!)

I guess during that period, they were really pushing the limits with the back glass art.

G

#12 13 years ago

PinHeads,

If you are having trouble moving your machine at $1,300, you can always just sell the backglass separately for four times the price:

ebay.com link: EXTREMELY RARE ELTON JOHN BALLYS PINBALL GLASSBOARD

#13 13 years ago

That's insane!!

An entire Capt. Fantastic in Great condition isn't worth that much. It's not even the uncensored back glass!!

I can't wait to see if someone buys it...

G

#14 13 years ago

So you think I am paying to much for a restored Capt Fantastic? If so let me know I can still negotiate as its not completely restored as yet. He went by a price guide that had a Capt Fantastic in good condition listed at $1300.00
I would prefer to pay a grand or a little less but I really want this machine!

#15 13 years ago

No, we're not saying that. A Capt. Fantastic in Really Goood shape can easily be worth $1300. Especially if you've got a 'no stars' machine. What gweempose is talking about is the 'Capt Fantastic Back Glass' (not pinball machine... just backglass) that somebody is selling on eBay with a buy it now for $5000.

What he's saying is if someone is selling just the backglass for $5000, you should be able to make a great deal for a whole machine at $1300 (tounge in cheek).

G

#16 13 years ago

Good ol" Ebay sellers trying to take advantage of people.

#17 13 years ago

What ever happened to the concept of starting a bid at $.01 and let it go where it will? Problem is so many people think they can make eBay their business (and do). It kinda takes the fun out of it.

G

#18 13 years ago

And I thought the guy selling the Capt. Fantastic backglass was nuts:

ebay.com link: Midway Twilight Zone Pinball Backglass Very Rare

#19 13 years ago

Holly cow!! What is this? A new run on Pinball Backglass art? Do they know something we don't? If you guys have't checked out that last link gweempose posted, check it out! $6,000 for a TZ Backglass???

If these guys actually sell those things, you better put your machines under lock and key and hire a security service. Apparently, they're worth a Mint!!

Hey... I wonder what my Centaur backglass is worth... I'll start the bidding at $10,000. After all, it's extremely rare and all...

Oh my gosh. I just went back and read the entire post listing. I love his closing line on the page...
"The goal is to sell a good product at a Fair Price"

G

#20 13 years ago

You know, maybe we should just start a new sticky thread to post outrageous pinball listings for parts / machines.

Here's another one (although compared to the others, this one's a steal).
ebay.com link: ROLLING STONES PINBALL MACHINE GLASS 1979

It actually may have some higher value to it.

G

#22 13 years ago

gweempose, you see what you started?? Now I'm finding this stuff all over the place. Actually, I wonder if eBay is aware of this... Check out these two links.

ebay.com link: Baywatch Original Pinball Backglass Art Painting

ebay.com link: Baywatch Original Pinball Backglass Art Painting

Apparently, there are 2 original Baywatch artworks??

Hmmm....

G

#23 13 years ago

It is very rare, both of them.

#24 13 years ago

donjara, if you're refering to the Rolling Stones and the James Bond, I agree they are actually more valuable and more inline with reality. Although, maybe still a little steep.

I just wonder if the folks who are selling the CF and TZ back glasses saw how much the original artwork paintings are going for and assumed that they had original artwork also???

Or, mabye that's what they're hoping people will think.

G

#25 13 years ago

I was actually referring to the two original Baywatch artworks. Everyone needs a giant hoff head in the living room.

It is very classy.

#26 13 years ago

Gotcha

I was referring to the fact that they are both THE original artwork (oh... two originals...)??

Gotta love it.

G

#27 13 years ago

I love the look on his face...probably not as goofy as I would look

#28 13 years ago

"Everyone needs a giant hoff head in the living room ..."

That picture of the Baywatch artwork framed over the the couch with the plant next to it is priceless. I can just imagine the look on my wife's face if she came home one day and saw that thing hanging in our house.

"Honey, you know how we've been talking about taking that dream vacation to Hawaii? Well I've come up with an even better way to spend our money!"

I think she'd pretty much be filing for divorce the very next day.

#29 13 years ago

One has to wonder whenever a back glass comes up for sale is
what happened to the rest of the machine?
unfortunately someone gave up and threw it away or parted it out.
-lack of skill, motivation, fund$ or even pride.
It all adds up to one less pin out there

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elton-john-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.