• Latest reply 39 hours ago by zaphX
  • Topic is favorited by 81 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is buying Steve Ritchie's Elton John?”

• Only if it's not Elton John 28 votes
    4%
  • I'm a Steve Ritchie Fan and can't wait to see what he has done with it! 98 votes
    13%
  • I'll make up my mind after expo 79 votes
    11%
  • Please God don't be Elton John 274 votes
    37%
  • Next title please! 267 votes
    36%

(746 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

You're (resized).jpeg
20220624_203254 (resized).jpg
signed at Groningen june 23, 2022 (resized).jpg
EJ-21 (resized).JPG
FF3D509F-5650-4DB8-A642-A82E7385DC49.gif
IMG_1339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9671 (resized).jpeg
EltonJohnTinyDancerBarrel (resized).png
IMG_0680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1215 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1221 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1224 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1225 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1226 (resized).jpeg
7615A093-AD92-4871-952F-7058C2126210.gif
20240122_201657 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 85.
#2301 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know Panzer thinks he’s winning the internet

He's already won. And here's his trophy right here.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
#2302 4 months ago

Elton John is a title that I don’t have any interest buying. I played it it was fun. The layout was good. The shots felt good. I thought the sound was fine. The whole theater of it was over the top and great.

The same goes with labyrinth. Anybody who wants to buy either one of these titles will be satisfied.

#2303 4 months ago
Quoted from Monte:

Elton John is a title that I don’t have any interest buying.

Love the avatar!

What would you be interested in then?

#2304 4 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

My wife and I almost left his concert last year with a criminal record LoL.
San Antonio was a zoo...totally overwhelmed on a holiday weekend. Almost got into a fight with a drunken woman outside the Alamo Dome because crowd control was non existent...total free for all going through security. Missed his first two songs. Then on the walk back to the hotel this very irate woman with a crack pipe and a plastic bag of take out bumped in to my wife and started screaming for her to get out of the way while repeatedly calling her a slut at the top of her voice. Good times...
But I digress....I'd buy my first JJP if it was $2k cheaper and they announced code updates for GNR so I'm less likely to be abandoned in the future. We have four modern Sterns now and if I can find her a Beatles we'll be done. I don't want or need anymore Sterns. They're feeling same-y and I'm starting to get a cheap vibe off of them that I never did until recently.
In Austin we have a lot of BBQ joints. JJP feels like Franklin's....lines around the block...very hard to get in...but supposedly worth it. Stern is Rudy's. Good solid every day BBQ that gets the job done. I don't eat at Franklin"s. But I'd definitely try it if the barrier for entry was lowered!

I was there front row with wife.

Alamodome has seen its better days. Need to implode it and rebuild. Moody is a great concert venue. George Strait and Willie

You should have felt right at home bumping into the woman with a crack pipe since you are from Austin

#2305 4 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So now that these flippers have been changed, do you think we could mod the other games in their lineup to have the same feel? I do think toy story and beyond feel better.
On a side note, Alien now has the spongiest flippers in the industry, hands down

Unlikely unless JJP wants to re-code the prior games they can't even finish the actual game code for. I believe the fix is a combination of the new main driver board that debuted with Toy Story 4 and software. So even if the code was updated with a board sense in it, you'd still be on the hook for a $500 (guessing, no idea) driver main board. I don't see them doing it. The support headaches would be a drag and they already can barely function.

#2306 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Love the avatar!
What would you be interested in then?

If JJP, hit the night stalker. I’m there with the $.

#2307 4 months ago
Quoted from Monte:

If JJP, hit the night stalker. I’m there with the $.

Seems right up Spooky alley

#2308 4 months ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Let me know when you’re sell it for like 8k.

I buy pinball machines like I buy any other luxury items such as cars, watches, artwork, etc. that is: with the assumption that they are worth nothing once I get them home. This has three benefits:

a) it ensures that I only buy things I can really afford
b) it makes it so I measure the value of the ownership based solely on the enjoyment I derive from the item, and
c) it reduces the stress factor to nothing, which is good because I am getting too old and I have worked way too hard to add unnecessary stress to my life

I doubt that this will sell for $8K when I decide to move on from it, but even if it does, I will be just as happy as I would have been if it cost me nothing, and I am sure the buyer will be someone nice and passionate about pinball, as it has been the case with all those I have interacted with so far.

I have loved pinball my whole life, and right now I am having the best time ever with it!

#2309 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seems right up Spooky alley

Not sure they have ever heard of it either.

#2310 4 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

I buy pinball machines like I buy any other luxury items such as cars, watches, artwork, etc. that is: with the assumption that they are worth nothing once I get them home. This has three benefits:
b) it makes it so I measure the value of the ownership based solely on the enjoyment I derive from the item, and
c) it reduces the stress factor to nothing, which is good because I am getting too old and I have worked way too hard to add unnecessary stress to my life
I doubt that this will see for $8K when I decide to move on from it, but even if it does, I will be just as happy as I would have been if it cost me nothing, and I am sure the buyer will be someone nice and passionate about pinball, as it has been the case with all those I have interacted with so far.
I have loved pinball my whole life, and right now I have having the best time ever with it!

Dude, you wanted a pinball machine so you bought one. You don’t have to explain yourselves to these jackals!!!

#2311 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude, you wanted a pinball machine so you bought one. You don’t have to explain yourselves to these jackals!!!

Hey, hey, hey! No need to start disparaging jackals with that comparison.

#2312 4 months ago

Wife wants me to sell maiden premium to fund Elton.

#2313 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

See, this is where it gets kinda tricky.

#2314 4 months ago

I would consider this a win for humanity if you brought a $12,000 Elton John Machine into your home.

Do it!

#2315 4 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

I doubt that this will sell for $8K when I decide to move on from it, but even if it does, I will be just as happy as I would have been if it cost me nothing, and I am sure the buyer will be someone nice and passionate about pinball, as it has been the case with all those I have interacted with so far.
I have loved pinball my whole life, and right now I am having the best time ever with it!

Well said though.

#2316 4 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

It took 33 hours for Godfather CEs to sell out on Jersey Jack's website. Watching to see how long Elton CEs take to sell out. The longer it takes, the bigger the discount down the road.

Well, we're well beyond the 33 hours for Godfather. Elton John CEs still show in stock on Jersey Jack's website as of now. Stay comfortable knowing that a distributor will sell you an "open box" one for a discount very soon.

#2317 4 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was there front row with wife.
Alamodome has seen its better days. Need to implode it and rebuild. Moody is a great concert venue. George Strait and Willie
You should have felt right at home bumping into the woman with a crack pipe since you are from Austin

We like Dickies in Fort Worth. Hotel Dryce is right across the street and very convenient. Saw Paul McCartney there.

#2318 4 months ago

giphy (13).gifgiphy (13).gif
#2319 4 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

We like Dickies in Fort Worth.

We love The Dickies here as well.

#2320 4 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

We like Dickies in Fort Worth. Hotel Dryce is right across the street and very convenient. Saw Paul McCartney there.

Dickies is good. Get that going through Dallas airport.

Rudy’s is ok these days. Knew the guy who started it, Phil Romano, also started Fuddruckers and Maccaroni Grill

The Salt Lick outside of Austin is top notch!

#2321 4 months ago

That's what we are now missing around here. Great burgers and a Creech at every location.

#2322 4 months ago

I bet if you wait a little you’ll be able to trade the games straight up

#2323 4 months ago

That's it. I want a Fuddruckers pinball machine. And another one of their burgers would be nice.

348s (resized).jpg348s (resized).jpg
#2324 4 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I bet if you wait a little you’ll be able to trade the games straight up

This IS Elton John we're talking about here.

#2325 4 months ago

The game does look like a lot of fun! It is a bit ironic though given Jack’s “baseball theme” at expo that IMHO he hit a double with this one, but had he priced this game at $9995 for the platinum edition he would’ve had a home run for his team!
Price aside, nice effort here JJP!
IMG_8692 (resized).jpegIMG_8692 (resized).jpeg

#2326 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The game does look like a lot of fun! It is a bit ironic though given Jack’s “baseball theme” at expo that IMHO he hit a double with this one, but had he priced this game at $9995 for the platinum edition he would’ve had a home run for his team![quoted image]

If he priced it at $8k sales would be even better!

I don’t even want to think about how crazy sales would
Be at $6,000.

#2327 4 months ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Let me know when you’re sell it for like 8k.

id rather spend 15 k on crack and whores.

#2328 4 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have rained on your parade. The bottom line is I think JJP is overpriced and I can’t get over it but that is my problem not any of yours. It’s just sour grapes tbh honest. I’d absolutely buy this game if there was a 7-8k option. But there isn’t so I’ll just get over it.

And to Panzer, I don’t sell my games so I’m never concerned with resale value. Kinda makes the purchase price all the more important!

#2329 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If he priced it at $8k sales would be even better!
I don’t even want to think about how crazy sales would
Be at $6,000.

I guess you could say that about anything, but a reasonable price point (within reason) drives sales, and they have a line to keep running! They don’t have a year to sell a single game, like this guy I once knew who got 20 grand out of a monster bash, but it took a full loop around the sun.

#2330 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m not saying there are zero Elton fans/collectors who crossover with pinball…I’m saying there aren’t enough to make this game a huge seller. Most of the feedback here corroborates that. Say what you will about Rush being niche, but when Rush was announced you saw the Pinside Rush fans lose their minds & tons of new members pop up to say “I love Rush & this is gonna be my first pin!!!!” We’re not seeing this phenomenon with Elton.

Stellar analysis & contribution to the conversation.

And thank for unbiased opinion bro

#2331 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I guess you could say that about anything, but a reasonable price point (within reason) drives sales, and they have a line to keep running. They don’t have a year to sell a single game, like this guy I once knew who got 20 grand out of a monster Bash.

Hey I only got $17k for that monster bash. But a pretty different situation as I didn’t have to sink costs into building and marketing that thing. I just paid cash for it and sold it for a large, awesome profit.

More sales don’t = more profits all the time. I’m sure Jjp has concluded that it would be a bad business decision to sell more games at $10k.

#2332 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I only got $17k for that monster bash.

My bad

Edit: I will add, you are correct I don’t pretend to know their BOM on the game and they have to charge enough to make the juice worth the squeeze!

#2333 4 months ago
Quoted from robotron:

id rather spend 15 k on crack and whores.

Sausage peppers and carnival pizza?

#2334 4 months ago

Buy a roller coaster tycoon instead jerry

#2335 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I only got $17k for that monster bash.

Then I got a steal on that original low play AFM for under $10k. I guess things are just cheaper out here in Ca.

#2336 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then I got a steal on that original low play AFM for under $10k. I guess things are just cheaper out here in Ca.

You did. Good buy there!

#2337 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You did. Good buy there!

You saw it right? It's friken amazing. There were some minor fees involved though.

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/lot-details/index/catalog/119/lot/30644

#2338 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I only got $17k for that monster bash. But a pretty different situation as I didn’t have to sink costs into building and marketing that thing. I just paid cash for it and sold it for a large, awesome profit.
More sales don’t = more profits all the time. I’m sure Jjp has concluded that it would be a bad business decision to sell more games at $10k.

Like I’ve been saying, especially for JJP and Stern, with Inflation that’s real, wages too, it just might be what they have to sell these games at to be in business right now.

Spooky controls so much of their own production and parts.

Let’s see how the NIBs go.

#2339 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

but you have to live there O man. At least you are in Orange County.

#2341 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

You saw it right? It's friken amazing. There were some minor fees involved though.
https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/lot-details/index/catalog/119/lot/30644

Listen brad call me on the phone for further

#2342 4 months ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

The only people who bag on Mando are the ones who can’t hit the shots. With everything up close it’s a brutal fight.

Fanboy lol

#2343 4 months ago

It gives me some hope for humanity that there have only been a couple posts in this thread mentioning Sir Elton's sexual orientation. Irrelevant, as it should be.

The game certainly looks flamboyant, though! Campy, even. Hard to ignore! These are all good things.

Very few people will be able to say they never heard most of the songs, or that they can't stand them, a welcome change from most of the other modern music pins (modern pins, not modern music).

When I first heard this game announced, I was like "wait, what?" But now I see it's a good theme, maybe even genius!

#2344 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

What is the buyers premium for that auction house? 20%?

Game looks great! I can’t believe that’s an original. So clean. Congrats!

#2345 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m not saying there are zero Elton fans/collectors who crossover with pinball…I’m saying there aren’t enough to make this game a huge seller. Most of the feedback here corroborates that. Say what you will about Rush being niche, but when Rush was announced you saw the Pinside Rush fans lose their minds & tons of new members pop up to say “I love Rush & this is gonna be my first pin!!!!” We’re not seeing this phenomenon with Elton.

This is really a great analysis. Elton John is better received by our community than I thought it would be - because JJP makes games that simply look incredible - but this theme is not going to drive sales. I still remember all the new people into the hobby that Metallica brought on release, this won’t happen with Elton John.

All the same, in reading the reviews and excitement I do think JJP can move 1,000 units in total…far more than the 400 I initially predicted.

#2346 4 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

What is the buyers premium for that auction house? 20%?
Game looks great! I can’t believe that’s an original. So clean. Congrats!

It was just north of $11k out the door.

Nicest original I've ever seen and I was not to be denied. Just look at the stroke of luck hole on it. And the package of manuals and literature.

#2347 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was just north of $11k out the door.
Nicest original I've ever seen and I was not to be denied.

Still a great price for 11K. For a 28 year game, incredible condition.

#2348 4 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Still a great price for 11K. For a 28 year game, incredible condition.

So stoked. Somebody put it in a closet or something and never played it.

#2349 4 months ago

It’s a beautiful game and absolutely the pin matches the Theme.

seems it was well received at expo and liked by many who had the opportunity to play it.

However, people simply liking a game or enjoying their first experience with it… that does not equal sales, or even confirmation that a particular pin will make money on location (can’t imagine many buying this to route it, but who knows)

I know people who enjoyed GF and even GTF, But not a single one is committed to or planning on getting one. I think same applies here with EJ.

Certainly with this theme there will the super fan millionaires who will happily buy it and enjoy their purchase, and even some who perhaps take on debt to have one. That could potentially cover a few hundred sales.

JJP is putting on an interesting show with the lights and the “fabulous styling”. But substance, depth and pin longevity in appeal and staying power just dont seem to be there IMO.
Not since POTC

#2350 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Meh, if Taylor and/or Travis likes pinball, she'd license in a heartbeat. People with "f-you" money do what they want. Do you really think Metallica/KISS/Rush/etc. worked with Stern for the money?

When I asked Gary about licensing a Kiss Pinball machine at an expo a few years before they ended up actually licensing Kiss (which was 2015) he said that Kiss was asking more than they usually pay for licensing.. I would say Kiss was very much about the money. Never underestimate Gene's greed

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
There are 4,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elton-john-hype-thread/page/47?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.