• Latest reply 9 days ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is buying Steve Ritchie's Elton John?”

• Only if it's not Elton John 29 votes
    4%
  • I'm a Steve Ritchie Fan and can't wait to see what he has done with it! 117 votes
    15%
  • I'll make up my mind after expo 82 votes
    11%
  • Please God don't be Elton John 273 votes
    36%
  • Next title please! 268 votes
    35%

(769 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (2).gif
IMG_9312 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpeg
crickets-crickets-chirping.gif
B5245387-1EF5-433E-842A-49CC36BBC2F4.gif
IMG_7941 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9919 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240611_080617_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_7021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9902 (resized).jpeg
DFABBB74-0416-4F9B-8979-1F25C54411EA.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 103.
#5051 35 days ago
Quoted from spidey:

Smart money puts $15K in NVDA stock, not pinball machines. Just sayin'. Do that and then get a smokin' deal in a year. Your NVDA is now worth $20K or more and EJCE is like $13K. It's like buying it for "only" 8K.
NVDA as of June 13, 2024 is $129.61. Let's see what happens.

Great company/stock, but with a PE of 75, the stock is expensive. Still highly likely to be a better investment than a pinball machine... For those who invested in NVDA 2 years ago, nice call!

#5052 35 days ago

Again, not that I care because now I’m looking at JJP first for future games, but a Stern LE with $1k POS topper and other upgrades is still $15k

Zero comparison to EJ in my book. Love my recent Stern games too but it’s a night and day experience.

Pinball, for this much F ing $$$, bling and over the top shit matters.

I’m not trying to get the most cerebral advanced ball path game. Have a ton of those

#5053 35 days ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Just sold my Godfather CE for $13k 5 weeks ago.

How on earth did you pull that off??

#5054 35 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Again, not that I care because now I’m looking at JJP first for future games, but a Stern LE with $1k POS topper and other upgrades is still $15k
Zero comparison to EJ in my book. Love my recent Stern games too but it’s a night and day experience.
Pinball, for this much F ing $$$, bling and over the top shit matters.
I’m not trying to get the most cerebral advanced ball path game. Have a ton of those

I couldn’t agree more.

#5055 35 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

This idea that modern games get beat to shit in homes is out of touch with reality.

IMG_7941 (resized).jpegIMG_7941 (resized).jpeg

Oh, you sweet summer child (that’s a Godzilla, I admit, but the EJ’s not here yet). I admit this Godzilla now has side armour fitted that covers the decals around the buttons, but still…

#5056 35 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

All the pissing and moaning from the naysayers will not change a thing. I've seen pinball pricing and trends for 17 years and you can take this to the bank.

Quoted from manadams:

Since you're so convinced, I'll bet you $500 you can obtain an EJCE NIB for $16K or less 8 months from now. $16K not including shipping or tax. Deal?

If Pinside had thread of the month awards this one wins hands down.
B5245387-1EF5-433E-842A-49CC36BBC2F4.gifB5245387-1EF5-433E-842A-49CC36BBC2F4.gif

#5057 35 days ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

[quoted image]
Oh, you sweet summer child (that’s a Godzilla, I admit, but the EJ’s not here yet). I admit this Godzilla now has side armour fitted that covers the decals around the buttons, but still…

I'd hardly call minor button wear "beat to shit"! Hard for me to believe people get upset over this and feel the need to cover it with armor. Oh well, knock yourself out...

#5058 35 days ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

My sale was on pinside. I have had great experiences selling here.

pinside is a great place to sell, hes just insinuating its easier to find an ignorant sucker to take advantage of elsewhere. That may be true, but not how I like to roll personally. Ekeing out an extra couple hundred bucks or maybe 1k if you're really lucky at the cost of my reputation and way more screwing around is not worth it to me. I always sell my games at fair market value or even at a discount because I would rather build good relationships. Its really not like all the other usual suspects for selling are even any better, its just the pool of potential suckers is bigger sometimes.

#5059 35 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

pinside is a great place to sell, hes just insinuating its easier to find an ignorant sucker to take advantage of elsewhere.

THIS is the market for the CE going to 20k ! I am going to buy 4, sell 3 for 5k profit each and then mine is FREE !

#5060 35 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Yup. It's chock-full of pride!

#5061 35 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Too funny, he's already over MSRP at 16k just like i said. So buy your NIB CE at 15k today and save. This is the whole point. Thank me later. Like I said, Pinside is a place to find deals. 15k is a great deal.

#5062 34 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

he's already over MSRP at 16k just like i said.

I was going off of your statement that $1K over will not be enough to attain one. You think they will be worth $20K so easy money bet for you right?

#5063 34 days ago

Shameless plug: we'll be streaming my recently acquired EJ on the Bro Show tonight at 8pm.

Nick and Kev are pretty brutally honest so tune in and hit them up with questions! I'll also be poorly explaining how to play

https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#5064 34 days ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Shameless plug: we'll be streaming my recently acquired EJ on the Bro Show tonight at 8pm.
Nick and Kev are pretty brutally honest so tune in and hit them up with questions! I'll also be poorly explaining how to play
https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Watching now!!

#5065 34 days ago

Great Stream

#5066 30 days ago

Warning! Only buy if you want the greatest game ever made. Unfortunately all other pins will feel woefully inept in comparison.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/464868626026515

#5067 29 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Warning! Only buy if you want the greatest game ever made. Unfortunately all other pins will feel woefully inept in comparison.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/464868626026515

crickets-crickets-chirping.gifcrickets-crickets-chirping.gif
#5068 24 days ago

They said it wouldn't happen. Wrong again EJ haters. All 1k CE's made. PE's on the line now. Next is the sell out then comes the price jump! Get yours now!

IMG_0050 (resized).jpegIMG_0050 (resized).jpeg
#5069 24 days ago

#5070 24 days ago

I can't imagine how badly your shoulders have to be hurting at this point, from doing so much EJ CE load carrying for this long.

#5071 24 days ago

It seems just logical that JJP always planned to make all the CE.

I don't know why but this makes me wonder what would happen if JJP made a Trump pin? Seems genius to me.
Only one model. The CE, qty 5k.

#5072 24 days ago

It is comical to read the butt hurt comments in the owners thread about the Pinside ratings…they read like schoolgirls that didn’t get their yearbook signed.

Here is my EJ rating just for y’all…

2 Good + 2 Be = 4 Gotten

#5073 24 days ago

The jealous, no joy, thumbs down club, loves to troll this "Hype" thread. Keep trying to pull everyone down with you. Unfortunately no CE's have been sold used and everyone still loves theirs after 3 months. All 1k CE's produced and soon to be sold out. Don't let the facts get in your way, You go guys!

IMG_9955 (resized).jpegIMG_9955 (resized).jpeg
#5074 24 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

It is comical to read the butt hurt comments in the owners thread about the Pinside ratings…they read like schoolgirls that didn’t get their yearbook signed.
Here is my EJ rating just for y’all…
2 Good + 2 Be = 4 Gotten

Man you spend a lot of time in Elton threads for someone who doesn’t seem to like or own the game.
Bored?

#5075 24 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Man you spend a lot of time in Elton threads for someone who doesn’t seem to like or own the game.
Bored?

I know we’re not supposed bring up what a person owns but it looks like he would not have any interest in it at all?He’s not your typical stern fanboy just trying to down talk JJP!

#5076 24 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

The jealous, no joy, thumbs down club, loves to troll this "Hype" thread. Keep trying to pull everyone down with you. Unfortunately no CE's have been sold used and everyone still loves theirs after 3 months. All 1k CE's produced and soon to be sold out. Don't let the facts get in your way, You go guys!
[quoted image]

What am I jealous of?

#5077 24 days ago

I’m certainly not jealous that you guys paid 20 to 30% more than what the game is actually worth. I think the game is enjoyable and I will buy one for $9000 someday. And if I never do, I do believe life will go on.

But it is pretty comical that you get your panties in a bunch because of some stupid Pinside rating.

#5078 23 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I’m certainly not jealous that you guys paid 20 to 30% more than what the game is actually worth. I think the game is enjoyable and I will buy one for $9000 someday. And if I never do, I do believe life will go on.
But it is pretty comical that you get your panties in a bunch because of some stupid Pinside rating.

But we heard you the first 100 times you’ve stated that since last year is the point.
We’re happy for you and we hope you get one someday at a steep discount. The game is incredible.
Also, you don’t know what people actually pay for games. Your assuming.

#5079 23 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

But we heard you the first 100 times you’ve stated that since last year is the point.
We’re happy for you and we hope you get one someday at a steep discount. The game is incredible.
Also, you don’t know what people actually pay for games. Your assuming.

You be you.

#5080 23 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I'm the person on the owners' thread and, as I point out there, I've reviewed 180 pins and it feels pretty pointless being a reviewer when clowns downrate pins for merely existing.

I would understand if people were giving EJ 1,2,3 ratings because of some intrinsic flaw, but - actually - that's not what's happening. When I have a look at the people who are downrating EJ, they're also typically blanket downrating anything that isn't a Stern (inc. Medieval Madness) while signal boosting the weaker Stern titles.

I suspect if I look at some of the other non-Stern manufacturers, I'd see the same pattern. People do use the Top 100 for choosing games to look into, and people also wonder why there's (almost) only Sterns in the top 10.

It's just not *fun* for someone who enjoys playing new pins, encountering new manufacturers, and sharing my joy with others. What's the point when a bunch of people will turn up to give any new non-Stern pin 1, 2 or 3 (with no comments) as soon as it looks like it might be good or popular?

It's like being a film reviewer who enjoys finding exciting new arthouse movies and promoting them by word of mouth. But, as soon as any indie film gets even slightly popular, a bunch of trolls promptly give it '1' on IMDB because they're massive Marvel groupies and can't bear a movie ranking better than Antman 3. How do you chat about good movies in that environment?

#5081 23 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

But it goes both ways as you have the same person reciting the same jibberish over and over like he is the VP of Marketing at JJP. “Hurry, get one before it is too late and these are 20k.” “Greatest game ever made”.

Only time will tell how all of this ages but this is not the same pinball market as just a couple years ago.

Those worried about pinside ratings will drive themselves crazy. It isn’t going to change. Nothing you say will change it. Why worry about what can’t be controlled?

#5082 23 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

But it goes both ways as you have the same person reciting the same jibberish like he is the VP of Marketing at JJP. “Hurry, get one before it is too late and these are 20k.” “Greatest game ever made”.
Only time will tell how all of this ages but this is not the same pinball market as just a couple years ago.
Those worried about pinside ratings will drive themselves crazy. It isn’t going to change. Nothing you say will change it. Why worry about what can’t be controlled?

It's easy to change it. I've rated 180 pins and I've given nothing < 3.0 so far. I'm sure there are working pins that have no redeeming features, but they're few and far between. Thus, the mods should remove any rating < 3.0 with no substantive comment, or any flagged ratings that are patently cut/paste jobs over multiple pins.

I'd personally remove all the '10s' with no comments too, but apparently - for small numbers of ratings - they make far less difference to the overall scores than the obvious review bombers. Removing the 10s would probably also solve the well-known problem of Stern LEs skewing rankings. It's silly when LEs get dramatically different ratings from the Premium edition when they're basically the same pin.

I'm also on a board game forum and, honestly, people spend much more time carefully reviewing board games for the benefit of others than pinball machines - even though they're an order of magnitude cheaper. How hard is it to comment on a pinball machine beyond, "Whoa, my super-deluxe arrived today. It has flippers. WOOT! 10/10"?

#5083 23 days ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

It's easy to change it. I've rated 180 pins and I've given nothing < 3.0 so far. I'm sure there are working pins that have no redeeming features, but they're few and far between. Thus, the mods should remove any rating < 3.0 with no substantive comment, or any flagged ratings that are patently cut/paste jobs over multiple pins.
I'd personally remove all the '10s' with no comments too, but apparently - for small numbers of ratings - they make far less difference to the overall scores than the obvious review bombers. Removing the 10s would probably also solve the well-known problem of Stern LEs skewing rankings. It's silly when LEs get dramatically different ratings from the Premium edition when they're basically the same pin.
I'm also on a board game forum and, honestly, people spend much more time carefully reviewing board games for the benefit of others than pinball machines - even though they're an order of magnitude cheaper. How hard is it to comment on a pinball machine beyond, "Whoa, my super-deluxe arrived today. It has flippers. WOOT! 10/10"?

Never said that it CAN’T be changed. I said it WON’T change. Do you know how many of these discussions happened over the last 7+ years? More than you can count. It hasn’t changed and I will go out on a limb that it won’t change based on an established history. It just isn’t a priority and requires too much man power to police. It will also be subjective vs objective.

#5084 23 days ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

You care way too much about the ratings around here and your ratings are bad anyway. Who cares if you've never rated anything under a 3, you've got a perfect 10, which no game ever is, and all kinds of other games high 9's and 8's and many of them are mid games anyway. None of it makes any sense, so its just odd to take the ratings game so seriously when so your reviews are horribly skewed.

#5085 23 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You care way too much about the ratings around here and your ratings are bad anyway. Who cares if you've never rated anything under a 3, you've got a perfect 10, which no game ever is, and all kinds of other games high 9's and 8's and many of them are mid games anyway. None of it makes any sense, so its just odd to take the ratings game so seriously when so your reviews are horribly skewed.

It's about sincerity not 'accuracy'.

Both of us know that anyone rating a Deadpool, Godzilla, Jaws or Elton John a 1, 2 or 3 (with no comment) isn't being sincere.

I care because I care about usable information.

If twenty of us go to a show, and we all play 'Beetlejuice', then we may have different opinions, but they're probably sincere and our comments/the average of our ratings may be useful to other people. If a further ten people then decide they hate the CEO of the company that made Beetlejuice, and give it a '1', then all the time and effort we spent filling in the ratings boxes is wasted, and our ratings are useless.

I don't see why this is complex or hard to understand...

#5086 23 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

[quoted image]

I don’t have confidence at all that they will sell out 1000 CE’s at $15k. Especially being Elton John. That’s not hating just the math doesn’t add up.

May sell out to distributors but highly doubt they all end up in buyers hands. It’s definitely an awesome pin, but for me not even $12k for a PE fun. Not enough die hard Elton John fans out there.

#5087 23 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

But it goes both ways as you have the same person reciting the same jibberish over and over like he is the VP of Marketing at JJP. “Hurry, get one before it is too late and these are 20k.” “Greatest game ever made”.

I get that.

#5088 23 days ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

When I have a look at the people who are downrating EJ, they're also typically blanket downrating anything that isn't a Stern (inc. Medieval Madness) while signal boosting the weaker Stern titles.

Not the case for me, I've never rated a game poorly just because. I only did it because of the relentless and absolutely insane promotion of this pin by a select few. I'm not going to waste my time by finding the actual quotes but stuff like "this is the best game ever made and the best game that ever will be made" " this will make any other game obsolete" Etc. Etc. But my favorite is "if you dont think this game is the greatest then you are a poor, jealous loser".
Once I found out their panties wadded up over low ratings I figured Id have some fun..after reading the owners thread lately, turns out it was worth it.

Im not a stern fanboy, I have 2 Sterns, 2 Williams and one Spooky, and hoping to get a Dialed In soon

#5089 23 days ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

It's about sincerity not 'accuracy'.
Both of us know that anyone rating a Deadpool, Godzilla, Jaws or Elton John a 1, 2 or 3 (with no comment) isn't being sincere.
I care because I care about usable information.
If twenty of us go to a show, and we all play 'Beetlejuice', then we may have different opinions, but they're probably sincere and our comments/the average of our ratings may be useful to other people. If a further ten people then decide they hate the CEO of the company that made Beetlejuice, and give it a '1', then all the time and effort we spent filling in the ratings boxes is wasted, and our ratings are useless.
I don't see why this is complex or hard to understand...

being a noob giving games undeserved good reviews and people giving games bad reviews just because they want to be jerks might as well be the same thing, since they are both completely stupid and meaningless, luckily the top 100/all rankings are stupid and meaningless so none of it matters at all.

#5090 23 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

giving games bad reviews just because they want to be jerks

Guilty

#5091 23 days ago

I find it silly, but I don't care. Just like I find rating your "favorite" game a perfect 10 "in sincerity" because its your favorite to also be silly but I also don't care. Neither review contains any objectivity so they are both basically worthless. Of course, in order for any of it to have any real weight, the top100 would have to be meaningful, but its not, so both of you and everyone in between can go wild! I do actually agree with your reasoning, some of the comments here are absolutely absurd.

#5092 23 days ago

This is such a stupid thread. The best game is always the one you play with three other buddies and lots of beer.

#5093 23 days ago

I agree, but if its with EJ its more fun!

#5094 23 days ago

Time to get back to the "Hype". So far all the failure claims have not come true. Those who hate it, hate being wrong. Best to move on to a different title. This one will continue to shine well into the future. Yes, 20k is a definite possibility once the CE's sell out. Other pins have blown way past 20k. If it does, It will be because people love it and have absolutely nothing to do with my opinion or yours.

#5095 23 days ago

Time for the thumbs down club to move on.

IMG_0054 (resized).jpegIMG_0054 (resized).jpeg
#5096 23 days ago

Regarding reviews, the valuable information to me is the comments, ranking not so much. A bunch of people trolling by giving ones or tens doesn't negate the value of the people who provide sincere and thoughtful comments.

#5097 23 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

So far all the failure claims have not come true.

Who is claiming it to be a failure? Even if people were claiming it to be a failure, that would be much closer to current reality than any of the claims you've made so far. CE's readily available at distros nationwide. Not exactly flying off shelves. 2 distros I talked to personally both said they are having trouble moving them.

Everyone knows its a fun game. Name one LE that they made 1000 units of that has increased significantly over current day MSRPs, you can't. Closest one I can think of is MAYBE Godzilla LE and that is just barely over LE MSRP and its still $1500 less than buying a JJP CE at MSRP.

#5098 23 days ago

I could see all the EJCEs selling eventually as they sit at distributors over time and they get permission to sell them substantially under cost as an "open box" or floor model or whatever the trick is to move pin taking up inventory and not moving.

#5099 23 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I could see all the EJCEs selling eventually as they sit at distributors over time and they get permission to sell them substantially under cost as an "open box" or floor model or whatever the trick is to move pin taking up inventory and not moving.

Yeah this is really just a part of the transition to the "inventory" model. I'll imagine that they've sold 4-500 CE's at this point and will sell the rest over the next few years, some distro's do not care about space as much as others.

#5100 20 days ago

Are EJ platinums second round shipping now? Anyone know?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Baltimore, MD
Machine - For Sale
San Marcos, CA
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.