• Latest reply 2 days ago by Merendino
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is buying Steve Ritchie's Elton John?”

• Only if it's not Elton John 29 votes
    4%
  • I'm a Steve Ritchie Fan and can't wait to see what he has done with it! 117 votes
    15%
  • I'll make up my mind after expo 82 votes
    11%
  • Please God don't be Elton John 273 votes
    36%
  • Next title please! 268 votes
    35%

(769 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (2).gif
IMG_9312 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0050 (resized).jpeg
crickets-crickets-chirping.gif
B5245387-1EF5-433E-842A-49CC36BBC2F4.gif
IMG_7941 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9919 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240611_080617_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_7021 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9902 (resized).jpeg
DFABBB74-0416-4F9B-8979-1F25C54411EA.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,120 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 103.
#5001 40 days ago

I would speculate that mine will be drop shipped and thus im added to the back of the line of those headed out directly to customers vs the batches that go out to distros.

#5002 40 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

minus the handful they sell direct.
The 2 month wait is probably because they just started building CE's like 2 weeks ago or something like that.

So you think they started to build CE's two weeks ago? I received mine direct from JJP 3 months ago. Others have been getting theirs as well up to now. The photos have been on their facebook page and now they are apparently done or close to it.

#5003 40 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

So you think they started to build CE's two weeks ago? I received mine direct from JJP 3 months ago. Others have been getting theirs as well up to now. The photos have been on their facebook page and now they are apparently done or close to it.

I don't know, it was an approximate guess. Yeah theres been a smattering of CE's around since before the game was even on the line officially. Even if my guess is way off, it changes absolutely nothing about the point. The 2 month wait means nothing, they go to distros, they are readily available there, ect. Most importantly, the timing for finishing the run of CE's has nothing to do with how well (or poor for that matter) they are selling.

#5004 40 days ago

There are plenty of CEs available right now with no wait. In a few minutes I found 4 distributors with them in stock and ready to ship. Some have been there for over a month and still available. Below are 3 and my local distributor has a couple. The point Haymaker is making is that these aren’t as scarce as some are making it seem. Those waiting are in a queue with a distributor that just hasn’t gotten their allocation to cover them yet.

I want an Elton but not at this price. I am confident these will drop in price like almost all machines right now. PEs have already sold for under MSRP. If not, I will be fine not owning this. While I like it, there are plenty other great machines.

IMG_9193 (resized).jpegIMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
#5005 40 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I want an Elton but not at this price. I am confident these will drop in price like almost all machines right now. PEs have already sold for under MSRP. If not, I will be fine not owning this.

^^^THIS^^^

#5006 40 days ago

I’d like to have every pin made these days but not at the price they are selling them at.

Oh wait, that’s right, I can wait a few months for a $3k discount an any pin.

Haven’t seen one show up yet on the EJCE. I’ve had mine for about 3 months now.

I’ve gotten $3k worth of play time on it already!

#5007 40 days ago

Got the call last evening. Truck should be here today. Whoot.

#5008 40 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

There are plenty of CEs available right now with no wait. In a few minutes I found 4 distributors with them in stock and ready to ship. Some have been there for over a month and still available. Below are 3 and my local distributor has a couple. The point Haymaker is making is that these aren’t as scarce as some are making it seem. Those waiting are in a queue with a distributor that just hasn’t gotten their allocation to cover them yet.
I want an Elton but not at this price. I am confident these will drop in price like almost all machines right now. PEs have already sold for under MSRP. If not, I will be fine not owning this. While I like it, there are plenty other great machines.
[quoted image]

Yup. Ever since JJP went to 1,000 CE's they have been much easier to find. 500 was the sweet spot for collectability and maintaining (or increasing) in value IMO.

#5009 40 days ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Got the call last evening. Truck should be here today. Whoot.

I swear EJ is the first game I’ve followed on the forums this close. I really get a kick out of seeing you guys get your games and your thoughts.
I actually have non-pin friends who now ask to come play it.

#5010 39 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. Ever since JJP went to 1,000 CE's they have been much easier to find. 500 was the sweet spot for collectability and maintaining (or increasing) in value IMO.

If it were 500, I would've bought on day 1.

With the 1,000....it doesn't hurt to wait.

#5011 39 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If it were 500, I would've bought on day 1.
With the 1,000....it doesn't hurt to wait.

I think they’ll be around but I don’t think we will see a ton of them for sale. It’s a game changer in a home setting.

#5012 39 days ago

789 has landed. Now to round up help this afternoon. The weight is real.

#5013 39 days ago

Well...I've gotta hand it to pindel : JJP just posted on Facebook that their production run of EJCE is nearing its end. So they have, indeed, built nearly all 1000 machines. Now to see how quickly or slowly they sell.

#5014 39 days ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

789 has landed. Now to round up help this afternoon. The weight is real.

Congratulation on your purchase! Greatest game ever made. Let us know your thoughts.
All game# reports recently have been in the high 700's. At 789 that seems to leave 210 left. The end is near, time to buy one or miss out on NIB msrp pricing to all you waiting. Jaws blew through 1k in sales at 13k. Topper coming out will probably be another 1-2k. I have both games and the difference is huge. Still like Jaws and no plans to sell but it's not EJ level of excitement.

#5015 39 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I've gotta hand it to pindel : JJP just posted on Facebook that their production run of EJCE is nearing its end. So they have, indeed, built nearly all 1000 machines. Now to see how quickly or slowly they sell.

I think all 1,000 will eventually be sold.

#5016 39 days ago

Hi I have to do an update as my pe has just turned up and have to do the latest code update as WiFi not connecting, does anyone know if I can do the update from a apple mac or does it have to be from a Microsoft computer, and also where is the usb stick plugged into, in the backbox or playfield area, thanks

#5017 39 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Congratulation on your purchase! Greatest game ever made. Let us know your thoughts.
All game# reports recently have been in the high 700's. At 789 that seems to leave 210 left. The end is near, time to buy one or miss out on NIB msrp pricing to all you waiting. Jaws blew through 1k in sales at 13k. Topper coming out will probably be another 1-2k. I have both games and the difference is huge. Still like Jaws and no plans to sell but it's not EJ level of excitement.

Again, the numbering is not sequential. Stop saying that.

#5018 39 days ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

Hi I have to do an update as my pe has just turned up and have to do the latest code update as WiFi not connecting, does anyone know if I can do the update from a apple mac or does it have to be from a Microsoft computer, and also where is the usb stick plugged into, in the backbox or playfield area, thanks

I don't think Apple or Microsoft matters. Follow the directions on the JJP website to put the update on the USB, then put it in one of the slots in the board to the left of the coin door. (You'll have to remove a bluetooth USB to do it, then put it back.) I was just as lost as you until some kind folk here showed me the way...

#5019 39 days ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

I know you must do it step by step. Flown the instructions. It looks like alot but, it’s not bad. Step by step.

#5020 39 days ago

Does anyone know how to get the back glass of first time as I have two machines that the glasses only lifts a small amount but not all the way

#5021 39 days ago

I backed out the two screws on either side of the collector's edition plate. It's a star/torx head.

#5022 39 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Even with a super limited title like Bond60th, it's still easy to find NIB games. There are MANY Jaws NIB LE's sitting without a home. Our market isn't supporting 13k Sterns and 15k JJP's. Sure, there are still buyers, but there are more people (like me) that are fed up. The value/loss equation needs to balance, and these prices are out of balance. Many old timers already have a great set of games to play. If I were 20-30 years younger and rich I'm sure I'd feel differently. Take the older, affluent collector guys out of pinball market and you have a massive slow down.

JJP has roughly 80 distributors. If each distributor purchased 4 CE's as stock, that's 320 games potentially unspoken for. Since I don't believe the margins are high on these games, I doubt many distributors are loading up with even 4. Who knows. And obviously JJP might be stocking some games to sell if distributors aren't purchasing many games to stock. How many are actually owned/opened is impossible to know, but it has nothing to do with the run ending. I have to imagine you understand this.

#5023 39 days ago

All 1k CE’s completed is a big step. The urgency will increase quickly. With the inventory limited, the purchase rate will increase. Prospective buyers will jump on them before they are all gone. Time for an early Father’s Day\Christmas gift!

#5024 39 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

All 1k CE’s completed is a big step. The urgency will increase quickly. With the inventory limited, the purchase rate will increase. Prospective buyers will jump on them before they are all gone. Time for an early Father’s Day\Christmas gift!

It does seem as people finally play it at a home setting they get it.
I played it once in a barcade and it wasn’t quite the same impact with all the distraction.

#5025 39 days ago

670k raised for 4 EJCE pins! Jack should be proud.

IMG_9919 (resized).jpegIMG_9919 (resized).jpegIMG_9923 (resized).jpegIMG_9923 (resized).jpeg
#5026 39 days ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

Does anyone know how to get the back glass of first time as I have two machines that the glasses only lifts a small amount but not all the way

Mine was doing the same thing. The inserts that the collectors plate screws into were not fully seated into the wood causing an obstruction. I had to tighten the screws down tight to pull the insert flush.

#5027 39 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Are you just paranoid about losing money on the only pin you've ever owned? Your constant plugging won't change a single thing about the market... You'll just have to live with the situation.

#5028 39 days ago

I think they will end up making less PE machines than 1000, buy one of those if you're looking for the rarer title
According to pinside there are 107 PE v 160 CE in peoples collections

#5029 38 days ago

The end is near! Get yours now if your planning to have a NIB EJCE

IMG_9926 (resized).jpegIMG_9926 (resized).jpeg
#5030 38 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

The end is near! Get yours now if your planning to have a NIB EJCE
[quoted image]

Ok, you finally talked me into getting one .. just kidding

I'm waiting to buy one from CrazyLevi in a couple years for $20k to help fund his retirement.

In all seriousness, I have enjoyed your fanaticism for EJCE, in part because I feel the same way about my TBL .. but hey, there has to be a limit to our insanity. That said, I'm really happy you love this pin! .. this is what's so awesome about pinball!

#5031 38 days ago

My EJCE just showed up on Tuesday, and this game has been a blast.

No idea if it will go up or down in price. If you look at the history of game pricing in general, it seems they will go down in the short term, then climb back up after they're well out of production. JJP has a few outliers where the game never seems to climb out of pricing pit it falls into.

Regardless, it's a whole lot of fun and I hope more people get their hands on one.

#5032 38 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

My EJCE just showed up on Tuesday, and this game has been a blast.
No idea if it will go up or down in price. If you look at the history of game pricing in general, it seems they will go down in the short term, then climb back up after they're well out of production. JJP has a few outliers where the game never seems to climb out of pricing pit it falls into.
Regardless, it's a whole lot of fun and I hope more people get their hands on one.

lol what? More like they have an outlier (maybe 2) that climbs out of the pit. You had it backwards. What JJP games have retained value and went up? Pirates. Thats it unless you count the sucker game WOZ Yellow Brick Road edition which seems to bring decent money still for whatever reason (sucker noobs mostly). Then again I haven't seen a YBR come up for sale lately so maybe it finally went down to where it should be too.

Guys I hate to break it to you, any game with 1000 copies is not going to be very rare or crazy valuable collectible.

#5033 38 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

lol what? More like they have an outlier (maybe 2) that climbs out of the pit. You had it backwards. What JJP games have retained value and went up? Pirates. Thats it unless you count the sucker game WOZ Yellow Brick Road edition which seems to bring decent money still for whatever reason (sucker noobs mostly). Then again I haven't seen a YBR come up for sale lately so maybe it finally went down to where it should be too.
Guys I hate to break it to you, any game with 1000 copies is not going to be very rare or crazy valuable collectible.

Nowhere did I say this game was going to go up in value. I said that I had no idea. If we looked at past performance, once a game has gone "Well out of production" do prices traditionally go up.

I looked up median prices on pinside and this is what I found:
Wizard of Oz - $10,350
Hobbit - $9500
Dialed In - $7,000
Pirates CE - $31,000
Wonka CE - $13,000
Guns N' Roses CE - $12,500
Toy Story CE - $11,500
Godfather CE - $13,300

Some of the more recent JJP titles have been in the gutter pricewise, but they're not all garbage as you seem to be implying. A lot are above MSRP, though only slightly.

Elton may be drop right into the gutter as well, but based on how much fun it is, I think it will stay somewhat close to the MSRP. If the downturn in overall pinball pricing continues due to inflation and people simply getting out, then it will likely fall along with everything else.

#5034 38 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Nowhere did I say this game was going to go up in value. I said that I had no idea. If we looked at past performance, once a game has gone "Well out of production" do prices traditionally go up.
I looked up median prices on pinside and this is what I found:
Wizard of Oz - $10,350
Hobbit - $9500
Dialed In - $7,000
Pirates CE - $31,000
Wonka CE - $13,000
Guns N' Roses CE - $12,500
Toy Story CE - $11,500
Godfather CE - $13,300
Some of the more recent JJP titles have been in the gutter pricewise, but they're not all garbage as you seem to be implying. A lot are above MSRP, though only slightly.
Elton may be drop right into the gutter as well, but based on how much fun it is, I think it will stay somewhat close to the MSRP. If the downturn in overall pinball pricing continues due to inflation and people simply getting out, then it will likely fall along with everything else.

My comment was in regards to you saying theres only a couple outliers of JJP games that go down in value. Thats wrong. I promise you nobody (almost nobody) is buying wonkas, ts4, and godfather CE's for the prices you listed. Also notice every single one of them is under 15k (with the exception of POTC obvisously), the MSRP of a CE.

Any "outliers" that JJP has are games that go up in value. Yes, some games have seen a bump over their original MSRP's, just as my any other game from any other manufacturer (for example it would be hard for me to find another deadpool pro for the price I paid for mine NIB but nobody would argue that game has become collectible valuable) , this is due to the extreme raise in MSRP raising the used price floor moreso than any collectability factor. JJP's historically have some of the worst resale value in the industry. Its not a dig on the games or the company, its just how it is. Elton CE with 1000 units will not be an exception. All you can hope for is that is doesn't drop as bad as games like Godfather, TS4, and GNR

#5035 38 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

My comment was in regards to you saying theres only a couple outliers of JJP games that go down in value. Thats wrong. I promise you nobody (almost nobody) is buying wonkas, ts4, and godfather CE's for the prices you listed. Also notice every single one of them is under 15k (with the exception of POTC obvisously), the MSRP of a CE.
Any "outliers" that JJP has are games that go up in value. Yes, some games have seen a bump over their original MSRP's, just as my any other game from any other manufacturer (for example it would be hard for me to find another deadpool pro for the price I paid for mine NIB but nobody would argue that game has become collectible valuable) , this is due to the extreme raise in MSRP raising the used price floor moreso than any collectability factor. JJP's historically have some of the worst resale value in the industry. Its not a dig on the games or the company, its just how it is. Elton CE with 1000 units will not be an exception. All you can hope for is that is doesn't drop as bad as games like Godfather, TS4, and GNR

To get a Godfather CE to sell, one has to be in the 9’s.

I can only imagine how low TS4 CE needs to be in order to get moved. I’m guessing in the 7’s.

With GNR CE, I think one can be about even to get out of the game. LE’s seem to have no floor for this game.

For Elton CE, my best guess is 12’s is where the game will settle. If that’s the case, that’s a total win compared to other recent JJP games.

#5036 38 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Whether they are being purchased for those prices or not. I don't know. I can only go by what Pinside is telling us. The recent stuff is always going to be cheaper for awhile, because they're easier to pick up. I'm sure you could get some of those NIB right now if you place a few calls. Once they become more difficult to find, they'll probably go up in value.

I do think POTC was a fluke, and Elton will likely never reach that status, but it will probably do okay. pindel is hyping up Elton CE because he likely loves the game and does have a vested interest in the game's value going up. Nothing wrong with that. This is a hype thread after all.

My contribution to this hype thread is the game is great. Don't buy it because you think it will be worth a bunch of money and will be harder to find later down the road. It's likely to be the opposite while they are still available NIB. Buy it if you have the extra money and you want a really fun experience.

#5037 38 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Whether they are being purchased for those prices or not. I don't know. I can only go by what Pinside is telling us. The recent stuff is always going to be cheaper for awhile, because they're easier to pick up. I'm sure you could get some of those NIB right now if you place a few calls. Once they become more difficult to find, they'll probably go up in value.
I do think POTC was a fluke, and Elton will likely never reach that status, but it will probably do okay. pindel is hyping up Elton CE because he likely loves the game and does have a vested interest in the game's value going up. Nothing wrong with that. This is a hype thread after all.
My contribution to this hype thread is the game is great. Don't buy it because you think it will be worth a bunch of money and will be harder to find later down the road. It's likely to be the opposite while they are still available NIB. Buy it if you have the extra money and you want a really fun experience.

I agree, I think Elton is a great game. I would love to own one someday! Living in some insane alternate reality where it becomes a scarce collectible that has skyrocketed in value like some people are trying to make it out to be, well thats just silly. They made like 250 POTC total and the game is insanely loaded with stuff, so I can understand why its gone so crazy in value although I'll argue its highly overrated and not worth anywhere near the asking prices. Its funny because if guys like Pindel really want Elton to go crazy in value they should not be cheerleading JJP for making the full run of CE's lol

#5038 38 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its funny because if guys like Pindel really want Elton to go crazy in value they should not be cheerleading JJP for making the full run of CE's lol

Agreed, a lot of the collectability gets stripped away at 1000. I am glad they made that many, because if there were only 250, I wouldn't have one right now. The PE is cool, but I really like the topper, artwork and extra bling on this game.

#5039 38 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

JJP's historically have some of the worst resale value in the industry. Its not a dig on the games or the company, its just how it is. Elton CE with 1000 units will not be an exception. All you can hope for is that is doesn't drop as bad as games like Godfather, TS4, and GNR

From my perspective, the reason for poor resale is twofold: (1) The games often prioritize bling over gameplay. For many people, if they aren't hitting "start", it's time to move the game (which leads to more supply). (2) The MSRP is on the high-end, so 2k ding after opening the box.

There are many types of collectors in our hobby and the games that do the best are the games that appeal to the widest section of the community. IMHO Stern does a better job of catering to the widest group of pinheads.

Nevertheless, Elton is one of JJP's best for sure. Full disclosure, I've owned 2 JJP's DILE & GNRLE. Don't own any today, but will likely pickup an Elton within the next year.

#5040 38 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

From my perspective, the reason for poor resale is twofold: (1) The games often prioritize bling over gameplay. For many people, if they aren't hitting "start", it's time to move the game (which leads to more supply). (2) The MSRP is on the high-end, so 2k ding after opening the box.
There are many types of collectors in our hobby and the games that do the best are the games that appeal to the widest section of the community. IMHO Stern does a better job of catering to the widest group of pinheads.
Nevertheless, Elton is one of JJP's best for sure. Full disclosure, I've owned 2 JJP's DILE & GNRLE. Don't own any today, but will likely pickup an Elton within the next year.

I would argue the other reason for poor resale value is unfinished or slow upgrading of code. Pirates being the outlier of course

#5041 38 days ago

News flash, Pinside has never been the place to sell games for top dollar. Pinside is a collectors club where people look for deals and learn to fix pins. Same goes for the pinball shows. The majority of buyers for Elton have no clue what Pinside is. They are looking for something fun that works with a warranty. Not discount fixer uppers. The huge auctions numbers are an example. Yes I know it's because Elton signed it but it shows you people love to throw money at cool stuff. Those people will be paying over msrp in the next 6-8 months for a nib CE. Could be much sooner. 1000 will not be enough. That's when the deals will dry up on here on the EJCE nib. I'm giving you a friendly heads up to get yours now before that happens. Again, I'm telling you now before it happens. My EJCE is not for sale and won't be in the next 10 years. All the pissing and moaning from the naysayers will not change a thing. I've seen pinball pricing and trends for 17 years and you can take this to the bank. Ragged out pins with 15,000 plays does not qualify. I'm talking about NIB. Get yours now or pay big later.

#5042 38 days ago
Quoted from pindel:I've seen pinball pricing and trends for 17 years and you can take this to the bank.

#5043 38 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

News flash, Pinside has never been the place to sell games for top dollar. Pinside is a collectors club where people look for deals and learn to fix pins. Same goes for the pinball shows. The majority of buyers for Elton have no clue what Pinside is. They are looking for something fun that works with a warrantee. Not discount fixer uppers. The huge auctions numbers are an example. Yes I know it's because Elton signed it but it shows you people love to throw money at cool stuff. Those people will be paying over msrp in the next 6-8 months for a nib CE. 1000 will not be enough. That's when the deals will dry up on here on the EJCE nib. I'm giving you a friendly heads up to get yours now before that happens. Again, I'm telling you now before it happens. My EJCE is not for sale and won't be in the next 10 years. All the pissing and moaning from the naysayers will not change a thing. I've seen pinball pricing and trends for 17 years and you can take this to the bank. Ragged out pins with 15,000 plays does not qualify. I'm talking about NIB. Get yours now or pay big later.

Since you're so convinced, I'll bet you $500 you can obtain an EJCE NIB for $16K or less 8 months from now. $16K not including shipping or tax. Deal?

#5044 38 days ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Ok, you finally talked me into getting one .. just kidding
I'm waiting to buy one from CrazyLevi in a couple years for $20k to help fund his retirement.
In all seriousness, I have enjoyed your fanaticism for EJCE, in part because I feel the same way about my TBL .. but hey, there has to be a limit to our insanity. That said, I'm really happy you love this pin! .. this is what's so awesome about pinball!

Owned TBL twice. Amazing movie but both old build and new build had multiple issues for me. Not fun to have to work on a machine that much regardless of theme.

#5045 38 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

To get a Godfather CE to sell, one has to be in the 9’s.
I can only imagine how low TS4 CE needs to be in order to get moved. I’m guessing in the 7’s.
With GNR CE, I think one can be about even to get out of the game. LE’s seem to have no floor for this game.
For Elton CE, my best guess is 12’s is where the game will settle. If that’s the case, that’s a total win compared to other recent JJP games.

Just sold my Godfather CE for $13k 5 weeks ago.

#5046 38 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

News flash, Pinside has never been the place to sell games for top dollar. Pinside is a collectors club where people look for deals and learn to fix pins. Same goes for the pinball shows. The majority of buyers for Elton have no clue what Pinside is. They are looking for something fun that works with a warrantee. Not discount fixer uppers. The huge auctions numbers are an example. Yes I know it's because Elton signed it but it shows you people love to throw money at cool stuff. Those people will be paying over msrp in the next 6-8 months for a nib CE. Could be much sooner. 1000 will not be enough. That's when the deals will dry up on here on the EJCE nib. I'm giving you a friendly heads up to get yours now before that happens. Again, I'm telling you now before it happens. My EJCE is not for sale and won't be in the next 10 years. All the pissing and moaning from the naysayers will not change a thing. I've seen pinball pricing and trends for 17 years and you can take this to the bank. Ragged out pins with 15,000 plays does not qualify. I'm talking about NIB. Get yours now or pay big later.

I've been at this 20 years, you've been at this 17. We see things differently. While I agree Pinside is dominated by collectors, the NIB "crowd" has risen considerably over the years (on Pinside) and we all buy from the same set of distributors. People buying NIB games at an auction are extremely rare...I find it odd that you'd even mention it in this context. It's also odd that you continue mentioning games with 15k plays. Since almost all EJ CE's are going to homes (not arcades), I can absolutely guarantee that most resale games will have under 1-2k plays. I know this from my 20 years of buying/selling...some on Pinside, some on other sites. Actually, I purchased my LOTR NIB back in 2004. It's been to shows and free play arcades briefly, but spent almost all of its time in my home. It probably has 10k plays and actually plays better than the day I got it (hard to imagine, I know). That's because I take incredible care of it like so many people that baby these NIB games. This idea that modern games get beat to shit in homes is out of touch with reality. In fact, many NIB games come with lots things to tweak (so NOB games often play better than NIB). Shit, I spent a solid 2 months tweaking my NIB RAM and if I ever sell it the new owner will benefit. I mention RAM because I was just in the owners thread and someone who just picked up a NIB RAM is having to implement all the tweaks from 2+ years ago! For someone that isn't really handy with pins, this can be intimidating.

#5047 38 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

News flash, Pinside has never been the place to sell games for top dollar. Pinside is a collectors club where people look for deals and learn to fix pins. Same goes for the pinball shows. The majority of buyers for Elton have no clue what Pinside is. They are looking for something fun that works with a warrantee. Not discount fixer uppers. The huge auctions numbers are an example. Yes I know it's because Elton signed it but it shows you people love to throw money at cool stuff. Those people will be paying over msrp in the next 6-8 months for a nib CE. Could be much sooner. 1000 will not be enough. That's when the deals will dry up on here on the EJCE nib. I'm giving you a friendly heads up to get yours now before that happens. Again, I'm telling you now before it happens. My EJCE is not for sale and won't be in the next 10 years. All the pissing and moaning from the naysayers will not change a thing. I've seen pinball pricing and trends for 17 years and you can take this to the bank. Ragged out pins with 15,000 plays does not qualify. I'm talking about NIB. Get yours now or pay big later.

My sale was on pinside. I have had great experiences selling here.

#5048 38 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I would argue the other reason for poor resale value is unfinished or slow upgrading of code. Pirates being the outlier of course

Great point...one of the reasons I sold my GNRLE. The code was lame for an awful long time. I hear they finally got around to fixing some of the issues. The DILE code was much more satisfying and I kept the game a lot longer as a result.

#5049 38 days ago

Smart money puts $15K in NVDA stock, not pinball machines. Just sayin'. Do that and then get a smokin' deal in a year. Your NVDA is now worth $20K or more and EJCE is like $13K. It's like buying it for "only" 8K.

NVDA as of June 13, 2024 is $129.61. Let's see what happens.

#5050 38 days ago

Champ multiball. When you start feeling the flow of this game and hitting your combos and the piano lock. F yeah!

This game freaking rocks. It’s just a cut above everything else I own and Steve Ritchie dialed in another masterpiece.

But it’s just so next level. Crazy good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
San Marcos, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, MA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brentwood, ES
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,120 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.