43-437496_frank-grimes-frank-grimes-simpsons (resized).png
20181203_202915 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
40bzbk.gif
#1 3 years ago

X Æ A-12 WTF?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52557291

I understand we are entering into a new world, non-traditional, non-binary etc but what? That poor kid!

#2 3 years ago

uh, what?

Is it April 1st again?

Did someone repost an article from the onion?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is it April 1st again?

Truth is stranger than fiction, it came from a 'reliable' source, the BBC.

#4 3 years ago

I'm really hoping this is fake news!
-Mike

#5 3 years ago

Poor child will end up being either made fun of her whole life, or end up going with some other nickname anyways.

#6 3 years ago

To be fair, his mom is Grimes. Could be worse.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

X Æ A-12 WTF?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52557291
I understand we are entering into a new world, non-traditional, non-binary etc but what? That poor kid!

Elon Musk is too funny. He tweeted the first picture of the baby with face tattoos. And said “never too young for ink”
My grandmother thought it was pretty cute.

It’s a good critique of our society and how ridiculous things are becoming. Your identity revolves around the importance of your name, so Elon was like “lmfao gonna give it some impossible name” probably because official documentation won’t be able to handle it. And it will force the system to adapt.

Also him and Grimes are super weird. Like have you watched a Grimes music video? Wild shit.

#8 3 years ago

Moon, blanket , Gravity, Pilot inspektor, and many more strange names given by celebrities.

#9 3 years ago

SR-17 huh............ That's funny they can't even get the name of their favorite plane right........

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Moon, blanket , Gravity, Pilot inspektor, and many more strange names given by celebrities

more name oddities:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40185195

#12 3 years ago

Should have gone with “Musky Grimes”.

#13 3 years ago

Yes it’s quite a weird name. Musk is a master of marketing and getting in the papers. In other news, water is wet.

Why is the BBC not a Reliable news source?

#14 3 years ago

I can see The Hard Times article now:
"Grimes and Elon Musk Name Baby After Unreleased Tool Song"

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Moon, blanket , Gravity, Pilot inspektor, and many more strange names given by celebrities.

Apple is my favorite !

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have no problem with the BBC, just trying to fend any would be nay-sayers. BBC is not influenced (that I know of) by any particular American political party nor big American business etc. It's my primary goto source.

#17 3 years ago

Happens when you smoke an ounce of Primo weed a day.....way too much!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18 3 years ago

I would gladly take that name to live the life of a billionaires child. Sign me up.

#19 3 years ago

Forced me to change what I thought was a very secure online banking password.

#20 3 years ago

Found it, he's a closet Laser Ball fan! Knew I had seen that AE thing somewhere.

20181203_202915 (resized).jpg20181203_202915 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#21 3 years ago

Grimes?

43-437496_frank-grimes-frank-grimes-simpsons (resized).png43-437496_frank-grimes-frank-grimes-simpsons (resized).png
#22 3 years ago

Could've been worse.. Could've been Richard.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes it’s quite a weird name. Musk is a master of marketing and getting in the papers. In other news, water is wet.

No issue with this story but the BBC is paid by and mostly is the voice of the British government. Not a secret. If you like it good, if too bad.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

No issue with this story but the BBC is paid by and mostly is the voice of the British government. Not a secret. If you like it good, if too bad.

Most BBC funding does come from British taxpayers, and that’s no secret. Not sure it follows that it’s the “voice of the British government.”

#25 3 years ago

I always got a kick out of this...which tagged him forever as "the artist formerly known as..." I wonder what the tagline will be for X Æ A-12.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

BBC is not influenced (that I know of) by any particular American political party nor big American business etc.

You sure?

#28 3 years ago

Only in regards to death and taxes!

#29 3 years ago

The name may not be legal. It all depends on where the child was born. I am going to just refer to her as Karen.

#30 3 years ago

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/06/entertainment/grimes-elon-musk-baby-name-intl-scli/index.html

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Child will just be called A-12 cos no one will remember what comes before!

#31 3 years ago

FREE AMERICA NOW from this absolute lunatic cockwomble.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

The name may not be legal. It all depends on where the child was born. I am going to just refer to her as Karen.

Good point, if the baby was born in California he's limited to the 26 basic characters, so Æ is right out (don't worry, you can still name your kid "Hitler" or "Shithead," just nothing the good folks at the DMV won't be able to figure out how to type). I'm not sure "X AE A-12" will make life much easier for him, but as someone else pointed out, the life of unimaginable privilege and likely billion dollar inheritance (if dad doesn't piss it all away first) may smooth the way for him.

#33 3 years ago

Ex Ayee Aytwelve ? A-twelve, A hyphen Twelve...

#34 3 years ago

What is the name of the goofy "AE" combined character?
And how do you type that?

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

There's only one way -- find someone else that typed it first and cut and paste.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There's only one way -- find someone else that typed it first and cut and paste.

LOL, pinside.com gave me fits trying to get it into the title !

#37 3 years ago

This article sheds some more light on the name, including how it's pronounced. Doesn't make it any less weird in my books though...

https://www.unilad.co.uk/celebrity/grimes-explains-meaning-behind-name-of-her-and-elon-musks-baby-x-ae-a-12

#38 3 years ago

I think that IS how it's pronounced

#39 3 years ago

ah yes, the ole shi thead !
The proper em PHA sis.

#40 3 years ago

all these dot-com idiots with more money than brains and no one can invent an app that stops you tweeting while on a drug binge?

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

it's on the Euro keyboard.

#42 3 years ago

A66E7D8F-0026-4F9F-AE08-4E49BCB0960A (resized).pngA66E7D8F-0026-4F9F-AE08-4E49BCB0960A (resized).png
in some goofy euro countries

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think that IS how it's pronounced

Prince John : You mean you changed it TO "Latrine"?
Latrine : Yeah. Used to be "Shithouse."
Prince John : It's a good change. That's a good change!

01270e3ae2ca8a48c6123ccfc62e2a70 (resized).jpg01270e3ae2ca8a48c6123ccfc62e2a70 (resized).jpg
#44 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

extended ASCII 146, so type ALT-146 and you get Æ

#45 3 years ago

He shoulda called the kid 'Mini.'

Mini Musk

cbdb42832395bd76fe609eee10f1490b.jpgcbdb42832395bd76fe609eee10f1490b.jpg

#46 3 years ago

More entertainment than a carload of Kardaziens could provide, plus cars, rockets and music!

Don C

#47 3 years ago

I just hope the kid got his ears and brains...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elon-musk-names-child-x-ae-a-12?hl=djtkach and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.