59%
  • JP 27 votes
    41%

(66 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hoh (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I own a JP LE (only owner), and have a deposit on a Elvira premium. I have contemplated selling or trading my JP. Which machine does everyone prefer?

#2 3 years ago

Both these games are phenomenal and great! If at all possible I would get and have both if you can do more than one pin. If you can only have one I would go entirely by whatever theme resonated the best with you. Both of these games are strong keepers and would have long lastibility in a home environment.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from stuckey_t:

Both these games are phenomenal and great! If at all possible I would get and have both if you can do more than one pin. If you can only have one I would go entirely by whatever theme resonated the best with you. Both of these games are strong keepers and would have long lastibility in a home environment.

thanks. I'm leaning towards just keeping the JP, as the gameplay does seem different and I really like all the different shots.

#4 3 years ago

Both games have great code with lots of depth. To me the big difference is the gameplay. EHOH is super smooth with lots of flow, but I do think there is too much "shoot it up the middle". That said, a friend just picked one up and I had a ball on it the first night.

JP can have some serious flow, but the really tough shots make the long combos tougher to pull off. I really enjoy games that are tough to shoot. I think I would prefer that over a games shots being too easy because it will get boring quick (TOM for me). I'd hang on to both if you can. If that's not an option, you should make the choice based on how you like a game to shoot.

#5 3 years ago

These type of questions will ultimately get those who own either to vote for what "they" own.//or would want. I don't know if that info will really help you with the poll.
That being said...you really have to trust what "you" are really interested in.

They are both good games..."I" would lean toward Elvira..but, that is because I love the theme..and it's a very very nice game that fell into that.

#6 3 years ago

Sell the JPLE and buy a used JP pro and Elvira.

#7 3 years ago

Depends on what you're looking for. EHOH is a far easier shooter and also starts modes and multiballs easily. But it has a great theme, nice lighting, and cool mechs. It's a fun, pretty, casual game. Reminds me *a lot* of Medieval Madness in its layout.

JP has great code, but lousy theme integration. I wouldn't call it a hard shooter (that would be R&M, ACNC, Houdini), more middle of the road in difficulty. Lots of nice mods out there for it, and the moving T-Rex is one of the coolest toys of late.

So EHOH if you want a more casual experience, JP if you want a bit of a challenge and a more unique layout. I'd choose JP personally, but Elvira would have a good spot in a larger collection.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Depends on what you're looking for. EHOH is a far easier shooter and also starts modes and multiballs easily.

agree with this, I am not a great player but put GC score up first time I ever played EHOH.

#9 3 years ago

Elvira is a beautiful machine with interesting code and tons of hilarious assets and great music. It’s a plain easy layout and there is a lot of stop and go to present the different assets. I think it’s a game that could get boring relatively quickly due to the lack of challenge and dependence on assets/humor.

JP is a layout masterpiece but in my opinion the code is too linear and repetitive which also causes it get old fast.

#10 3 years ago

love my Refinery Edition HOH # 1 . smooth and funny and just a really pretty machine. you have to have pinstadiums on it though to come alive

hoh (resized).jpghoh (resized).jpg
#11 3 years ago

JP on a single game collection I think.

I sold JP and have Elvira which will stay forever but JP has more shots.

Two great games though.

#12 3 years ago

Agree with these other comments both great games very different play. Elvira is definitely easier in my opinion and causes me to yell at my family less, doesn’t have the extremely penal out lane drains that JP has (I know, make my shots and control the ball and not an issue). But boy, the rare trip to the Visitor Center in JP feels good! I’d keep both!

#13 3 years ago

JP by a lot.

#14 3 years ago

JP hands down! Elvira is simple fan layout - nothing special. If you like the theme then sure, it's a good game. I can't stand the black and white animations on Elvira personally. I did hear the game got a lot better with the new code, but that's not going to change the layout

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

thanks. I'm leaning towards just keeping the JP,

I’d consider holding both titles. JP with custom clips/callouts puts it over the top.

#16 3 years ago

The two games are so different the question really doesn't make sense.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elivira-hh-vs-jp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.