Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Daft-Punk.jpg
image.jpg
Controller.jpg
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

just in-case your ever on the fence.. they are the most epic amazing awesome incredible. yes its worth the cash you will need to pay.

eli is the bomb these are epic. yea its a cheap shot to post this with no video.. think this... every shot to the recognizer the ramps glow red. every shot to the zuse glow white ... zuse mode starts guess what... white ramps. red ramps etc...

#2 11 years ago

Can these be ordered yet?

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Can these be ordered yet?

Only the "early adopter" model Michael. Glad you are enjoying your Pro

#4 11 years ago

Im excited to see the finished product. I think the interaction of light/color & gameplay may be better with this mod then the lighted ramps on the LE. You can read about it on the thread below:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501

#5 11 years ago

I can tell you first hand.. its better then the LE... photos of the finished product as soon as I finish installing it

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Im excited to see the finished product. I think the interaction of light/color & gameplay may be better with this mod then the lighted ramps on the LE. You can read about it on the thread below:

I hope so, but the integration is fantastic on the LE, from color choices in all modes to the perfect timing of starts and stops.

Not defending my LE, just happy i do not have to lift a finger or tech anything. That mod install scares me and would take me 4-6 hours to install I think if I had to remove ramps and solder drill them or drill them.

#7 11 years ago

I'm totally in for this mod can't wait

#8 11 years ago

here is a crappy video with a rough in showing the mode biased real quick you will notice a lot of light bleed into the fiber wire.. mainly because its a sloppy install and the wire touches lights causing fade. in the room its quite epic.

#9 11 years ago

Wow! Count me in when they are ready!

#10 11 years ago

Looks stunning! I am in the que for one of the kits (missed out on the early adopters kits) and am very excited to purchase the kit!

#11 11 years ago

Dammit-how much coin am I dropping into my Tron. That is awesome-had a tough time choking down the Arcade Mod-my throat still hurts. How much-any idea?

#12 11 years ago

I hope the final release is coming shortly! I can't believe how well the lights are integrated with the game. It looks like it should have shipped from Stern like this!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dammit-how much coin am I dropping into my Tron.

It's best to not think about it. In addition to this kit, I have a set of custom powder coated rails in the mail as we speak. That doesn't even count all the money that's already in it.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

here is a crappy video with a rough in showing the mode biased real quick you will notice a lot of light bleed into the fiber wire.. mainly because its a sloppy install and the wire touches lights causing fade. in the room its quite epic.
» YouTube video

Are you kidding me???? WOW! That looks fantastic! That is the first mod I have seen for Tron that struck me as the result being worth the effort. That will be going into my Tron!

#15 11 years ago

Ya, wait until the fiber is secured to the ramps and he sees all of the modes during gameplay, yowsa!

Quoted from DaveH:

Are you kidding me???? WOW! That looks fantastic! That is the first mod I have seen for Tron that struck me as the result being worth the effort. That will be going into my Tron!

#16 11 years ago

I am just hoping that getting these things production-ized doesn't take another 4-6 months, since it looks like I didn't make the early adopter cut.

#17 11 years ago

Wow...looks amazing...maybe I should reconsider selling my Tron Pro Or maybe not, hehe. Tron Pro or AC/DC Premium...hmmm...

#18 11 years ago

What is the site to order these from? Or the email?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

They are not available yet. The first 10 just went out for testers. Nobody knows when they will be available to the masses...

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

The OP of the following thread is the creator of the mod:

Read all about it there, if you have a couple hours

#21 11 years ago

I'm glad to see this project finally come to fruition.

#22 11 years ago

Thanks for the plug, explains why I have another dozen PMs this morning.

Quoted from starbase:

I hope so, but the integration is fantastic on the LE, from color choices in all modes to the perfect timing of starts and stops.
Not defending my LE, just happy i do not have to lift a finger or tech anything. That mod install scares me and would take me 4-6 hours to install I think if I had to remove ramps and solder drill them or drill them.

This is certainly true, there are still some modes where we're still trying to decide exactly how best to make up for the fact that we don't have the full information used to run the LE lights. However we do have the option of doing certain things Stern can't do because of their implementation. We can have the ramps separately colored (which is distracting but a nice impact used sparingly) and we can do PWM control of the colors for nice transitions and fades where Stern just turns each channel on or off 100%.

It's also a pretty epic install. Not much can be done about that.

#23 11 years ago

Any idea on the price ?

#24 11 years ago

The developer edition kits were $400, the final version should be in that same range.

#25 11 years ago

All the pro needs is daft punk multiball/end of line all it is is just software someone with the righ set if minds can do it

#26 11 years ago

Solid! Can't wait, thanks Eli. Your work is outstanding.

#27 11 years ago

I pm'ed u months ago are u going to follow requests order to some degree?

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

All the pro needs is daft punk multiball/end of line all it is is just software someone with the righ set if minds can do it ...

Has anyone gone in and modified the code on any Stern game?

#29 11 years ago

I do not want come off negative Eric, sorry if it seems that way. I think your work is amazing and I could care less if this effects the value of my le because I am not selling it unless forced to. I may even send it to HEP next year.

Just do not understand how this many people want it but we both know for some like me this above there skill level for install and wil bail out once they realize .

I would gather you will sell over a 100 sets on day one of release. Please make some money on this you put to much effort in this to not make most of the margins on the set, I hope your vendor realizes how much demand you created.

@spudgunman have you actually played a le tron, because I am sorry what you showed on video is way cool. But not even close to the le. Not going to pass judgement till it's final but there is a ton of work left to be better than le. You should be happy with it being on the same level, this is not a competition this is giving pro owners a premium tron model and all you have to do is install.

I joined pinside in November 2012 and this project was just starting up so think about that, this the hardest and longest development of any mod ever and you should be Paypal for set but also donating to ecurtz because this not his day job and all along it seems it is not about the money or modding his tron (don't think he owns one ). Hell I am not buying a set and I would donate to him just for his efforts .

Again thanks Eric what you have accomplished is nothing short of fantastic. You should consider just putting up your Paypal in the original thread to offset all your development hours. Because pinsiders just go I want it but have not a clue of how'much time and research you did. I commend you as a asset to pinside . Please finish and move onto your next game (Metallica),

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I pm'ed u months ago are u going to follow requests order to some degree?

DougPiranha
Sat August 18th 2012

#31 11 years ago

I am so glad some other people are able to enjoy this excellent kit. It just adds so much to Tron. Now you can see why people were wanting the LE so bad. I have not given the LE a second thought after installing this kit, your mileage may vary. The install is not really that bad IMO.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

All the pro needs is daft punk multiball/end of line all it is is just software someone with the righ set if minds can do it

Not so easy bud and trust me daft punk is cool but not that much of a huge deal. Great music for that one mode that for me does not happen often enough to matter.

#33 11 years ago

Woot Ty. Very excited and appreciate your effort, skill and organization.

#34 11 years ago

Hey Eli,

I am just curious...is this mod going to be even more intense to install than the EL Wire? I've seen the process for the EL Wire, and that doesn't intimidate me. Just curious if this is going to be a lot more complicated, or just a little more complicated With good instructions, I am up for just about any challenge!

#35 11 years ago

Only a little more complicated. The controller board is trivial to install, the fiber optic cable is basically identical to the EL wire (assuming you use the same attachment method) and there's an extra wiring harness to run.

#36 11 years ago

Looks great! I cannot wait until this mod is available...

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I am just curious...is this mod going to be even more intense to install than the EL Wire? I've seen the process for the EL Wire, and that doesn't intimidate me. Just curious if this is going to be a lot more complicated, or just a little more complicated With good instructions, I am up for just about any challenge!

I installed EL wire first and it is about the same difficulty level.
Drilling the ramps is the most time consuming part.

#38 11 years ago

The LE is just awesome, there is no debating the fact. BUT you can achieve LE like modes/effects on your PRO with this kit and the code is user accessible. This means you can change colors of the ramps, add modes that don't exist on the LE and change the timing, etc.

Here is an example. I thought it was weak that FLYNN has an insert and its basically a gimme. I mean how many times have you played TRON and you don't even think about completing FLYNN, since the ball just does it for you from playing. So we have a FLYNN mode. Shoot the ball, go over the ZUSE switch and FLYNN starts, the ramps have a glowing FLYNN color on both ramps. Find the ARROW that completes FLYNN, hit it and FLYNN is completed and the ramps go out.

I also thought it might be cool to have the ramps lighting follow the BLUE cycle/YELLOW cycle colors, so when you are in LIGHTCYCLE, you don't get 2 ramps that are yellow, you get a blue ramp and a yellow ramp to match the cycles.

These are just 2 things that add a bit more interest to the game. And guess what, if you hate them, remove them and add something you think is interesting. Now hows that?

#39 11 years ago

While being able to put lights on my ramps, finally, is really exciting, I'm probably even more excited about digging into the code to see what else can be added.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Not defending my LE,

LE owners will always defend their LE but they love their pin so that is no big deal its a good thing. It may not be exactly the same but as Eli pointed out there will be different things this mod can do that the LE lights cannot which is pretty cool. It looks like one of the most impressive mods ever made. While this mod will take some of the appeal away from the LE there is no need to worry there are many pinheads that only want to have LE models. I don't think this will have any effect on the desirability or value of your pin to that particular group.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I do not want come off negative Eric, sorry if it seems that way. I think your work is amazing and I could care less if this effects the value of my le because I am not selling it unless forced to. I may even send it to HEP next year.
Just do not understand how this many people want it but we both know for some like me this above there skill level for install and wil bail out once they realize .
I would gather you will sell over a 100 sets on day one of release. Please make some money on this you put to much effort in this to not make most of the margins on the set, I hope your vendor realizes how much demand you created.
@spudgunman have you actually played a le tron, because I am sorry what you showed on video is way cool. But not even close to the le. Not going to pass judgement till it's final but there is a ton of work left to be better than le. You should be happy with it being on the same level, this is not a competition this is giving pro owners a premium tron model and all you have to do is install.
I joined pinside in November 2012 and this project was just starting up so think about that, this the hardest and longest development of any mod ever and you should be Paypal for set but also donating to ecurtz because this not his day job and all along it seems it is not about the money or modding his tron (don't think he owns one ). Hell I am not buying a set and I would donate to him just for his efforts .
Again thanks Eric what you have accomplished is nothing short of fantastic. You should consider just putting up your Paypal in the original thread to offset all your development hours. Because pinsiders just go I want it but have not a clue of how'much time and research you did. I commend you as a asset to pinside . Please finish and move onto your next game (Metallica),

Totally understand, and to be fair.. I likely wont own a LE, logistically also wouldn't ever buy one. The statement this is awesome and better then the LE... is biased in that I wont have a LE.. so this is "Better" if that makes sense. In the terms that I now have no reason to purchase a LE - that is why i made that statement. So not to side track as we all know there are a million LE vs PRO threads your LE is bad ass - no question but you arnt selling it neither is anyone else are you?

That said.. some things that are key performance indicators of this mod over the LE (aside from install - if you cant install it then pay someone or its just not for you) Eli's mod is software controllable by the end user, as mentioned I can change the effects to suit me or any ideas I come up with. Additionally I can possibly control other lights on the game such as light cycles.

Additionally I feel that the LE use of the wire is sort of blah.. the colors on the LE arnt as vibrant and I like that powered off the Eli wires are clear. If you notice in my short video the ramp wires are "off" more I also like that personally less distraction it really makes you focus into the game more and helps with mode awareness. you see for example the zuse you know when you hit a target.. and you know when zuse is running. not so clear on LE. I personally like that the strobe effect on switch hit

I feel ELI's mod has clearer colors, brighter colors, and In my personal opinion its better then the LE implementation.. I know its biased. your LE is bad ass but my Pro is cheaper and looks as sexxy (heheh) yes.. if it comes to a pinwar.. yours is worth more and is more desirable still.. I have a expensive pro.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

I do not want come off negative Eric, sorry if it seems that way. I think your work is amazing and I could care less if this effects the value of my le because I am not selling it unless forced to.

(It's actually Eli, but Eric isn't too bad as far as getting my name wrong goes...)

Thanks for the kind words and I don't think you're being negative at all. This mod is never going to be as well integrated into the game as the LE ramps. The LE ramps are a terrific feature - way more innovative than the improved toys in most of the LEs and perfect for the TRON theme. That's why everyone is so excited to try and copy them.

In a lot of ways I think that the arcade is a more impressive mod, even though this one has turned out to be a lot more work in the end. That's adding an entire new element into the game. I consider this much more like the moving Dalek head or sinking Earthquake Institute - adding back in a cool feature that was in the game as designed but then "costed out."

#43 11 years ago

yea, but it's close enough. The LE and the pro arn't that much more different. This brings it close enough where people won't care they are saving 4k.

#44 11 years ago

As an LE owner I just gotta say to all you pro guys who get this mod... "Welcome to the club".

Tron's theme almost DEMANDS lighted ramps. Now we're cookin'!

ENJOY!

#45 11 years ago

Thanks "Eli" my brain is all jumbled up this week. Really appreciate the feedback and yes I guess in some ways even without trying to I was defending my LE. Understand I owned a Pro and traded for the LE(with X-men wolverine) and my main reason was more clear on PF(supposedly)(drop targets)but more than anything I resigned myself to the fact that I was never going to find the time to devote to the install my life is to busy and mods just sit for months before I get to them. I still want a Eli type kickstarter campaign because I find his arcade mod, to be the best mod I have seen yet, even including this one. Being able to see a game/movie that I love integrated so well. Stern/JJP/Skit-b are just insane not to hire you for contract work I mean you essentially finished the game with that mod. I do not care it is from the first movie it is tron and it is awesome. I am upgrading my cabinet to the 3.1 version I like this mod that much.

@spud dude i totally see your point well said man.

#46 11 years ago

Damn. That looks awesome!

#47 11 years ago

New to this thread. This mod looks sweet! Has a price been set yet?

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

The developer edition kits were $400, the final version should be in that same range.

Tracking says my developer kit will arrive today.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Mine too. A day earlier than expected. So excited.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Remember when you pulled your tron out of the box and turned it on for the first time? Thats the feeling you'll have when you turn it on for the first time with the ramp lighting. Seriously!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elis-tron-light-wire-ramps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.