2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Flipsteen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2EC09A5B-2189-4C72-BA33-1C1AD32A3378 (resized).jpeg
    Gottlieb Ball Elevator catalog (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I’ve finally got frustrated with a few of my elevator games kicking up 2 balls at the same time.

I’m finding that the rubber the lever falls back on seems to make or break this.

Do we know if PBR has a part number for this or….has anyone come up with their own solution for this. Say maybe a couple post rubbers? That doesn’t seem viable as the metal would appear to find its way between the two post rings.

I was almost thinking about yellow post rubber as seen on newer solid state games.

#2 2 years ago

I think I've used a modern post rubber sleeve cut to an appropriate length before. You can see it in the video at:
    https://www.funwithpinball.com/exhibits/small-boards-page-2#BallLifter
    The original part number (A-1045) is in the instruction card just above the video.

/Mark

#3 2 years ago

Well your presentation is far better than mine. I did get mine fixed tonight and made a video. My Tropic Isle was missing the rubber completely! The Egghead was not, but it was worn out and dry so was good as missing. Think I'll go around and replace the rest of mine ASAP.

#4 2 years ago

Nice work. Note that there should also be an A-5240 rubber grommet to keep the elevator from slamming at the top of the lift:
    Gottlieb Ball Elevator catalog (resized).jpgGottlieb Ball Elevator catalog (resized).jpg

#5 2 years ago

I never would have caught that! Well maybe until I ran into a game with one. But I’m guessing most all of them are missing.

Thanks Mark!

2EC09A5B-2189-4C72-BA33-1C1AD32A3378 (resized).jpeg2EC09A5B-2189-4C72-BA33-1C1AD32A3378 (resized).jpeg
    4 months later
    #6 1 year ago

This is a very common problem on ball lift games we managed to buy some tubing thst does the job just fine and for sure the arm the tube fits on is often misaligned.

1 month later
    #7 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I did get mine fixed tonight and made a video.

Thanks for your video - very helpful in fixing my 1958 Criss Cross with the same problem of worn and cracked rubber and lifting two balls at game start. I cut a piece of rubber foam weather stripping (3/8" wide X 3/16" thick) and wrapped it around a couple of times and fixed the problem.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elevator-rubber-to-stop-2-ball-lifts?hl=flipsteen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.